Laronk's Recent Activity

1. Laronk replied to the thread Random encounters for players sitting or doing nothing..

I'm sure someone out there wants a game where you slay dragons but you also have to use the bathroom :eek:

Jun 24, 2022 at 6:07 PM
  2. Laronk replied to the thread Random encounters for players sitting or doing nothing..

Yeah the video is weird because there are cops there, I just didn't want to assume what's actually against the law there in the UK. I...

Jun 24, 2022 at 6:06 PM
  3. Laronk replied to the thread Random encounters for players sitting or doing nothing..

Umm spraying ink in peoples faces might amount to assault in some cultures. While sometimes protestors are trash for blocking...

Jun 24, 2022 at 1:47 PM
  4. Laronk replied to the thread Random encounters for players sitting or doing nothing..

I go to the mall and other places where people sit or stand around in place like zombies doom scrolling thru their phone. Sometimes in...

Jun 24, 2022 at 1:43 PM
  5. Laronk replied to the thread Why do Guild Leaders Do It?.

There's lots of reasons, some people just enjoy doing it, some are ego maniacs some are power trippin lunatics.

Jun 24, 2022 at 12:10 AM
  6. Laronk replied to the thread What should I do with 35 million plat.

Move it to FV and see that 35 million doesn't go THAT far.

Jun 19, 2022
  7. Laronk replied to the thread Gamers spend WHAT?.

Over a lifetime I don’t think 58k sounds like a lot if you play games other than EverQuest. I usually do a 5 year cycle for my computers...

Jun 18, 2022
  8. Laronk liked Spacemonkey555's post in the thread Suggestions.

There are no conventional xp groups. Please don't build your nerf request on a foundation of lies.

Jun 15, 2022
  9. Laronk liked Oakenblade's post in the thread EQ's percent modifiers need an overhaul..

I think we can sum all of this up to "We have a problem" and "It would be very difficult to fix"

Jun 14, 2022
  10. Laronk replied to the thread EQ's percent modifiers need an overhaul..

You don't think the dot revamp was smooth? =)

Jun 14, 2022
  11. Laronk liked Skrab's post in the thread EQ's percent modifiers need an overhaul..

Every time I play an actual RPG, I’m reminded how much EQ lacks interesting ways to allocate stats and change the way a character plays.

Jun 14, 2022
  12. Laronk liked Timmyboi's post in the thread I WAS going to start some alts today...

I was gonna buy xp pots and level up my 54 box group so I could hit some OW raid targets on Yelinak. But without a holiday bonus DPG can...

Jun 14, 2022
  13. Laronk liked Vumad's post in the thread Modern server without boxing?.

TLDR. The problem with EQ is not that it forces group content. It is that it all but exclusively forces group content. There is little to...

Jun 14, 2022
  14. Laronk liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Modern server without boxing?.

A no box server is impossible to enforce as can be seen from the past history of TLP servers.

Jun 14, 2022
  15. Laronk replied to the thread Things a player should know to maximise their experience?.

Well for expansions House of thule and later I suggest eqresource.com It depends what level you are, but through testing I found that...

Jun 14, 2022
  16. Laronk replied to the thread Bard seeking help with epic while HH active..

Any chance you can include the server? I would actually assume HH trak isnt that bad The AE range is 100 on that ae so make sure your...

Jun 14, 2022
  17. Laronk replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

Oh like I said before, I sell cheap already personally because I think the UI is bad and personally I swim in plat from normal play....

Jun 14, 2022
  18. Laronk replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

Not if you set your min price at what you think your min price is. Honestly the bot is just reading a notepad file with item name,...

Jun 14, 2022
  19. Laronk replied to the thread New currency.

It's probably not easy or even if it is easy its probably more work then they think it's worth currently A possible...

Jun 14, 2022
  20. Laronk liked uberkingkong's post in the thread New currency.

Its been a while since 64 bit happened. So what? Haven't seen any benefits of yet on the developer side. People want higher limit on...

Jun 14, 2022
  21. Laronk replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

That's all the bazaar bots do, auto lower their prices till they hit what their "minimum" is. I just again personally sell close to my...

Jun 14, 2022
  22. Laronk replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

No there's a problem of fair play. Just like people who automate their game play in their group doing instances 24/7 does not...

Jun 14, 2022
  23. Laronk replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

Yeah so the problem is hopefully going to be reduced if Daybreak follows the roadmap and starts doing this line item: Anti-Cheat...

Jun 14, 2022
  24. Laronk liked oldkracow's post in the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

Of course not, friends had a fully automated /baz bot team on the TLPs not a single suspension or ban since this has been running....

Jun 14, 2022
  25. Laronk liked I-WANT-IT-NOW's post in the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

Because once you figure out their update interval you can clearly see 24/7 they will update after that time. No way someone is so...

Jun 14, 2022
  26. Laronk replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

Almost every thing the programs can do and do do can be done by a player, they could be actually watching you, reporting bazaar bots is...

Jun 14, 2022
  27. Laronk replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

I think is no question that these bots do in fact exist. Do you not believe that there are people who use bots to sell stuff in the...

Jun 14, 2022
  28. Laronk replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

It's the automated undercutting that is the issue, not undercutting itself. Do you know how long it takes to manually check the 100...

Jun 13, 2022
  29. Laronk replied to the thread Baz price scripts are getting out of hand.

LOL, BUT YOU UNDERCUT ME FIRST! so it's alright to that meta guy that the bots can automatically without interaction undercut you less...

Jun 13, 2022
  30. Laronk replied to the thread Why partial slows?.

I don't want to speak for Tappin, but as a healer with how good mana lasts as either a cleric or a shaman often it feels like...

Jun 10, 2022
  31. Laronk liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread Leveling Up Should Award you with Full Health, Mana, and Endurance.

Alright everyone, long fight coming up. Our healers and casters keep running out of mana. But not to worry, we have a solution! All...

Jun 9, 2022
  32. Laronk replied to the thread I would quite enjoy a Kunark start, FV loot server next year.

Personally I do think it's a bit unlikely, but I do think a lot of people would buy it. They could maybe put a minimal amount work into...

Jun 8, 2022
  33. Laronk replied to the thread I would quite enjoy a Kunark start, FV loot server next year.

I think Risiko means a new type of experience

Jun 8, 2022
  34. Laronk replied to the thread New Quest System is FUN!.

I would argue that you can in fact level without doing quests, it just is less efficient. I would also argue that in addition to doing...

Jun 6, 2022
  35. Laronk replied to the thread Monthly cost should discount the senior..

God not this BS again. I don't think there needs to be a seniors discount but you need to stop telling people they have bigger issues...

Jun 6, 2022
  36. Laronk replied to the thread Monthly cost should discount the senior..

Seniors discounts are mostly a marketing gimick save for some small stores that actually might just want to give old Joe a break. Say...

Jun 6, 2022
  37. Laronk liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Monthly cost should discount the senior..

Thank goodness the employee salary/cola has risen thru the years and we still have many of the "Senior" ogres working for the company....

Jun 6, 2022
  38. Laronk replied to the thread re-roll Yelinak.

You know it’s not just krono farmers, someone actually has to be spending the krono to get stuff.

Jun 5, 2022
  39. Laronk replied to the thread No level loss Perk needs tweaking.

kael is a city zone they just bound there,

Jun 5, 2022
  40. Laronk replied to the thread No level loss Perk needs tweaking.

If you’re actually worried about the classic feel then pet walling should be a thing, heck I remember bad mid their guilds using pets to...

Jun 5, 2022
  41. Laronk replied to the thread No level loss Perk needs tweaking.

But really even playing as a raid tank on live it’s never been an issue for me, I think this is at most an advantage during classic.

Jun 5, 2022
  42. Laronk replied to the thread New Quest System is FUN!.

People should be able to do quests in current expansion, if these people are actually having trouble because there is bot groups...

Jun 5, 2022
  43. Laronk liked Gnothappening's post in the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

First off you already proved you couldn't pick out a cheater. Second off, each person boxing 6 is worth 6 subs. If they were to somehow...

Jun 5, 2022
  44. Laronk replied to the thread Wow 10hp for 100SC.. what a BARGAIN! Thanks DBG!.

I'd say TLP is the only place these get used except maybe the levitate one?

Jun 5, 2022
  45. Laronk replied to the thread Wow 10hp for 100SC.. what a BARGAIN! Thanks DBG!.

While the HP buff isn't that good (though is like 15% or more for some low level characters) the one that is REALLY good is the...

Jun 5, 2022
  46. Laronk liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread Wow 10hp for 100SC.. what a BARGAIN! Thanks DBG!.

To be fair, that's almost +20% hp.

Jun 5, 2022
  47. Laronk replied to the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

But the whole idea of having a true box server is that the company is aware that people box, they didn't try to go all P99 on us and...

Jun 3, 2022
  48. Laronk replied to the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

Manual enforcement is pretty hard for people who don't actively play the game. Heck some people who do play the game think they can...

Jun 3, 2022
  49. Laronk liked Vumad's post in the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

On the flip side, at 9am EST when there's few people to play with, I can 3 box and get things done I otherwise couldn't. I can also...

Jun 3, 2022
  50. Laronk liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

Why did the devs make mercs if the intent is always to group with other players? Someone can 2+ box and still be social and someone can...

Jun 3, 2022
  51. Laronk liked code-zero's post in the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

Trainers are absolute scum. Once a player gets into the habit of training they can find all sorts of excuses to train. Soon any time...

Jun 3, 2022
  52. Laronk liked Zanarnar's post in the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

Look its simple; 3rd party programs are banned except where they aren't but we can't tell you which is which. You can't report it publicly...

Jun 3, 2022
  53. Laronk replied to the thread What Constitutes as Poor Customer Service, Relations and Incompetence??.

Nevermind, I guess there might be some mobs with a big ds, my suggestion is to blow them up faster till the next patch.

Jun 3, 2022
  54. Laronk replied to the thread What Constitutes as Poor Customer Service, Relations and Incompetence??.

Have to wait until amazon drops them off tomorrow! Hopefully you buy rechargeables they're pretty good nowadays.

Jun 3, 2022
  55. Laronk replied to the thread What Constitutes as Poor Customer Service, Relations and Incompetence??.

Some bugs are so small and inconsequential that they do not merit restarting all world servers. Be thankful that they were able to...

Jun 3, 2022
  56. Laronk liked Arkanny's post in the thread What Constitutes as Poor Customer Service, Relations and Incompetence??.

wait, there's ppl that actually use eradicate magic?

Jun 3, 2022
  57. Laronk replied to the thread Loving 6 boxing..

Oh I wasn't talking about mouse clicking, I was comparing using the ingame macro system to do something like /cast 1 /cast 2 /cast 3 on...

Jun 2, 2022
  58. Laronk replied to the thread Loving 6 boxing..

Mercs are supposed to just be a stopgap until you find a real player. A lot of stuff can be done with a merc healer, people say that...

Jun 2, 2022
  59. Laronk replied to the thread Loving 6 boxing..

Boxers are not the reason things are balanced around a "perfect" group. Really the modern game isn't balanced around a perfect group...

May 31, 2022
  60. Laronk replied to the thread Multiboxers are cheaters!.

Oh I just wanted to add one more reason to box, I kinda covered it. Sometimes I just want to play really lazy while watching shows or...

May 31, 2022
  61. Laronk replied to the thread Multiboxers are cheaters!.

So, personally I think a KVM with 6 + positions would be harder than having multiple keyboards. So the multiple keyboards + a bunch...

May 30, 2022
  62. Laronk replied to the thread Multiboxers are cheaters!.

You could use deck board it’s like stream deck but it’s an app if you have some old phones lying around. It can be done wirelessly as...

May 30, 2022
  63. Laronk replied to the thread Looking for a dev response..

Not to troll. But I would start with naming your thread properly and then maybe making a properly named thread in the bug reports...

May 30, 2022
  64. Laronk replied to the thread Yelinak appears to be DOA.

Thats Vaniki not Yelinak

May 26, 2022
  65. Laronk replied to the thread Yelinak appears to be DOA.

Yeah or maybe there's just less people wanting to take days off and grind during the work week. Really the last two big launches I...

May 26, 2022
  66. Laronk liked Old School's post in the thread Remove Distillers.

For what I am sure is the billionth post on this topic. Could you please, for love of all your players sanity, increase the quality of...

May 26, 2022
  67. Laronk replied to the thread Suggestion: Add "known" flag to TS search results.

There's also the problem of we should just be able to figure out stuff in game easily and not have to do output files and tossing...

May 24, 2022
  68. Laronk liked Wyre Wintermute's post in the thread Suggestion: Add "known" flag to TS search results.

OP's idea is that the recipe will be in the Tradeskill window shown, even if not "learned." This alleviates having to open up the...

May 24, 2022
  69. Laronk liked Windance's post in the thread Suggestion: Add "known" flag to TS search results.

For anyone who is currently working on getting their trade skills to 350 you have to lean hard on 3rd party sites like...

May 24, 2022
  70. Laronk replied to the thread dont invite single players to boxing groups..

You're so ignorant, "other players who don't play multiple accounts bad because they benefit from my multiple accounts" I mean you're...

May 24, 2022
  71. Laronk liked Juantothre's post in the thread Vaniki - dead on arrival with no guilds ?.

No fresh nerds playing EQ? I spent the last 23 years working to create my own group; my wife still hates it, but my kids are avid players....

May 16, 2022
  72. Laronk replied to the thread Tell Window stopped working.

The fix is to load another character's ui that has the same ui. This is actually a reproduceable bug if you go over the limit of tell...

May 14, 2022
  73. Laronk replied to the thread THE Merc changes.

I think everyone on the forums would be ok if mercs didn't work on Zek at all. We should all start a petition to make mercs not work...

May 13, 2022
  74. Laronk liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread THE Merc changes.

Paying for or using a krono to get a subscription isn't pay to win.

May 13, 2022
  75. Laronk liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Forum post limiting feature.

Seems like an incentive to create alt accounts and press the like button on your posts a lot.

May 13, 2022
  76. Laronk replied to the thread THE Merc changes.

So your thought is they would take away the current ability to use a journeyman merc at all without the quest despite currently any gold...

May 13, 2022
  77. Laronk replied to the thread Leveling Up.

It's not just you, this game is a really really big game and not all of the zone design was well thought out. That's why I even...

May 13, 2022
  78. Laronk replied to the thread Best box for a Warrior main?.

If you're good at boxing Shaman, If you want to be super lazy you can multibind a cleric pretty good where they only target you and have...

May 12, 2022
  79. Laronk replied to the thread THE Merc changes.

For people who had actual free accounts the jump from a1 to a5 won't be that bad actually. This otherwise cleans up the merc...

May 12, 2022
  80. Laronk replied to the thread CSHOME.

There was a lot of restrictions on the guide program, sometimes you would do an event and there'd be very little turnout. It was...

May 12, 2022
  81. Laronk replied to the thread It's time to demonetize Underfoot.

If I'm farming something, I'll kill everything around it. If I am waiting on a group, ill kill stuff. If I see a person needing help...

May 11, 2022
  82. Laronk replied to the thread Modern server without boxing?.

I am just curious how, really I would have no problems with such a server. Like I don't think such a server is a bad idea, your...

May 11, 2022
  83. Laronk replied to the thread It's time to demonetize Underfoot.

I understand the use of plat on TLPs. On regular servers, Other than tradeskills, what do people actually spend plat on? I of course...

May 11, 2022
  84. Laronk replied to the thread Modern server without boxing?.

Other than the unreasonable intrusive act of making 2 characters both go do separate things at the same time like solve 2 different...

May 11, 2022
  85. Laronk replied to the thread Modern server without boxing?.

In short there is no such server. On at least the more populated servers if you play "prime time" and focus on making friends and...

May 11, 2022
  86. Laronk replied to the thread Leveling Up.

You still need a group for those, but they otherwise are quite faster. Vhivi does mention a partner so them + 2 mercs is maybe a group...

May 11, 2022
  87. Laronk replied to the thread sooo.. what now?.

If you play on FV i might be interested in trying to setup a regular group. I’ve tried to restart on a non FV server but the grind 85 to...

May 1, 2022
  88. Laronk replied to the thread sooo.. what now?.

The ts stuff is in my bank because there’s a lack of a auction house, bazaar sucks to sell in.

May 1, 2022
  89. Laronk replied to the thread Box friendly improvement.

Solo quests could be better if everyone in the group got updates when one person loots or picks up the item. The most tedious part of...

May 1, 2022
  90. Laronk replied to the thread Box friendly improvement.

I’d be ok with no chest and no currency

May 1, 2022
  91. Laronk replied to the thread Did kill exp really need to be nerfed so hard?.

You don’t think they could have the ability to track the % of quests that are being completed? They did go about it the wrong way but...

May 1, 2022
  92. Laronk liked Fanra's post in the thread Did kill exp really need to be nerfed so hard?.

People have different ways they enjoy EQ. In my opinion, the game should try to accommodate as many different ways to experience the...

Apr 30, 2022
  93. Laronk liked Simaril's post in the thread Box friendly improvement.

Overseer doesn't help AA's though. Sure you get autogrant but that only gets you about halfway. Thousands of AA's are a daunting grind to...

Apr 30, 2022
  94. Laronk replied to the thread Did kill exp really need to be nerfed so hard?.

Then they should put some “easy” content in the hub zone of each expansion to attract the kind of player that would like to sit in FM and...

Apr 30, 2022
  95. Laronk liked Skrab's post in the thread Did kill exp really need to be nerfed so hard?.

I stopped buying potions multiplying 0 by 50 isn’t a gain.

Apr 30, 2022
  96. Laronk replied to the thread time to update the "offline" bazaar seller having to be logged in.

You know, if someone is the working poor and they can afford exactly 15 a month on a hobby that keeps them sane we shouldn’t attack them...

Apr 30, 2022
  97. Laronk liked Joules_Bianchi's post in the thread time to update the "offline" bazaar seller having to be logged in.

we can SHOP from anywhere,why not POST sales from anywhere? And remove the premium for using the interface already, it's silly.

Apr 30, 2022
  98. Laronk liked BlueberryWerewolf's post in the thread time to update the "offline" bazaar seller having to be logged in.

Give me a $5/mo option for an account level that only grants Trader/Barter access. I'd go for that.

Apr 30, 2022
  99. Laronk replied to the thread Box friendly improvement.

I like the cargo mount idea, but I think it should be more limited to 6 players since that’s the size of a group. Multiboxing more than a...

Apr 30, 2022
  100. Laronk replied to the thread sooo.. what now?.

One way that I think that EverQuest could get with the times would be a cross server dungeon finder a la WOW. The reality is most gamers...

Apr 29, 2022
  101. Laronk replied to the thread Do cleric mercs not battle rez?.

Rez is the most mana efficient heal.

Apr 29, 2022
  102. Laronk replied to the thread time to update the "offline" bazaar seller having to be logged in.

Honestly the people against a better bazaar system likely mostly pay for an additional account already so they can sell during prime time...

Apr 26, 2022
  103. Laronk replied to the thread Should all raid DPS classes have equal raid DPS?.

Im sorry but everyone should be using glyphs on raids and everyone should be getting all their clickers and rare items that are going to...

Apr 24, 2022
  104. Laronk liked Bernel's post in the thread Two mercs.

It's not necessarily that they are anti-boxer. Some people don't want to play multiple characters simultaneously. They just want to play an...

Apr 8, 2022
  105. Laronk replied to the thread Two mercs.

healer mains are viable. though i support multiple mercs

Apr 8, 2022
  106. Laronk replied to the thread Farmers wanted!.

Oh I just wanted to illustrate how a small number like 5k an hour grows if it just runs 24/7 as almost any player can achieve the 5k...

Apr 5, 2022
  107. Laronk replied to the thread Farmers wanted!.

I don't think people fully understand that even poor automation adds up. There's ~ 730 hours in a month (365.25 days X 24 hours / 12...

Apr 5, 2022
  108. Laronk replied to the thread Farmers wanted!.

First the bazaar needs to be revamped so that it isn't crap. On FV I have TONS of stuff I could sell but it rots in my bank because...

Apr 5, 2022
  109. Laronk replied to the thread How do you go about joining a group?.

It’s quite common, Paladin well tank dps is a bad example because it’s also low effort dps. Sometimes they aren’t being lazy sometimes...

Apr 2, 2022
  110. Laronk replied to the thread How do you go about joining a group?.

Try to form the group, I don't LFG instead I will find the people who are LFG. Make friends by helping people that need help in general...

Apr 1, 2022
  111. Laronk replied to the thread just an idea to fix some things or break them.

This is an MMO, more players = good generally

Apr 1, 2022
  112. Laronk replied to the thread just an idea to fix some things or break them.

It wouldn’t bother me much if they stopped selling them, if they destroyed all the ones in game or made them not add game time or made...

Mar 31, 2022
  113. Laronk replied to the thread just an idea to fix some things or break them.

People are always going to sell a service if someone is willing to pay. You can try to make rules but they don't ever work because people...

Mar 30, 2022
  114. Laronk replied to the thread Can Any Class Molo/Solo to Max Level Anymore? (Single Box).

I think the following could easily, some will take longer than others. Paladin Shadow knight Mage Beast lord Necromancer Others could of...

Mar 22, 2022
  115. Laronk liked Lawyer's post in the thread What is Darkpaw doing to Bring New Players to EverQuest?.

I've often wondered why, in the era of pickzones, instanced raids, etc. -- there isn't a merge of all Live servers into one "virtual"...

Mar 22, 2022
  116. Laronk liked Skuz's post in the thread What is Darkpaw doing to Bring New Players to EverQuest?.

*New player Joins EQ* *New player plays the Tutorial Solo" "New player looks for a Group" . . . . . . . . . . "New player logs out" Dev1:...

Mar 19, 2022
  117. Laronk replied to the thread So that's disappointing....

As a Canadian ... I always enter just in case.

Mar 16, 2022
  118. Laronk liked random_pawn00's post in the thread What if we could /trader anywhere game feature request.

No doubt... Long overdue to have this for subs.

Mar 16, 2022
  119. Laronk replied to the thread What is the lowest effort 6 box group for Live?.

Your easiest 6 box on live is to play 1 character and play with 5 friends. I always like how "I box 4 melee who spam these different...

Mar 14, 2022
  120. Laronk liked Fenthen's post in the thread Idea for DPG.

They can't even tell us how many days we have left in our subscription while we are logged into the game. Hoping they could tell us how...

Mar 12, 2022
  121. Laronk replied to the thread Everquest raids too easy.

The biggest hurdle for raiding in EverQuest is 54 man raiding. With the difficulties in fielding 54 players you end up having to have...

Mar 11, 2022
  122. Laronk liked Belkar_OotS's post in the thread Everquest raids too easy.

I think the premise of the OP argument is pretty inaccurate at best. Using EGL as the basis of comparison, after the first 2 days, there...

Mar 11, 2022
  123. Laronk replied to the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

I do pugs I do pugs a lot. Like I go to fm grab those noobs and drag them to new zones. While people disagree with me on the forums...

Mar 10, 2022
  124. Laronk replied to the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

You can just straight pl the 85 with your level 120 supports out of group. the DS lands on an 85 and it's huge and with full 120...

Mar 9, 2022
  125. Laronk replied to the thread Windows 11 and Intel 12th Gen CPU.

I’ve not noticed any issues with windows 11 in EverQuest or in the other games I play (war zone, cod, diablo2,lol) I’m running a i5 10400f...

Mar 7, 2022
  126. Laronk replied to the thread A long ramble about making "easy" fixes to old content..

The way I read it is in option 3 you could get multiple failures per wave where in the final you only get one failure per wave.

Feb 25, 2022
  127. Laronk replied to the thread A long ramble about making "easy" fixes to old content..

Not to mention it doesn’t feel good if the difficulty scales up but the rewards don’t.

Feb 25, 2022
  128. Laronk replied to the thread Item drop sound when logging in..

I had not had any game sound on since ~ 2003 So I turned it on, some of the zone music is really nice. We're back to 0 game sound again...

Feb 23, 2022
  129. Laronk liked Spazin's post in the thread Advanced Loot Window Commands.

Is there a command that exists to set all loot to a person in the group? Something like /advl set all (name). It would be nice to be able...

Feb 19, 2022
  130. Laronk replied to the thread Feedback: Live servers need a way to remove PVP.

It just needs to be reversable

Feb 19, 2022
  131. Laronk liked Deux's post in the thread the best 6 box set up to lvl to max on live?.

Mage/Mage/Mage/Mage/Mage/Mage

Feb 18, 2022
  132. Laronk replied to the thread Shaman or Bard through the expansions?.

Even if we're just talking luclin-pop on TLP I wouldn't worry about if a raid guild wants your class. If you can have good attendance...

Feb 13, 2022
  133. Laronk replied to the thread 64 bit client new tlp unlimeted boxing and random loot drop..

One step at a time. But personal instances are unlikely to happen because Everquest's magic sauce is the community.

Feb 13, 2022
  134. Laronk replied to the thread Whats a good amount of xp per 30 min of play time ?.

LIES these must be lies with the posts and the people saying that you can’t level to 120 by killing things and how its not worth your...

Feb 10, 2022
  135. Laronk liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread 64-bit client / server ... besides mem & threading any other future benefits?.

And the server itself being 64 bit has no relevance on the EQ server software being upgraded to 64 bit. That is the upgrade that is...

Feb 10, 2022
  136. Laronk replied to the thread 64-bit client / server ... besides mem & threading any other future benefits?.

I’m sure they can already detect the magic sauce that those guys use if they want to. As far as returning to the same loc on every pull...

Feb 10, 2022
  137. Laronk liked MarttinPH's post in the thread Suggestion: Remove required level on all items.

This is more of a suggestion for live. Even with a new 100 or whatever heroic option available. It will still take some effort to catch up...

Feb 7, 2022
  138. Laronk liked Absor's post in the thread Everquest NTF ?.

This. It's like certain members of my family that have to be warned that this or that thing is a scam. Just assume most of the time it...

Feb 4, 2022
  139. Laronk replied to the thread Why do EQ1 devs continually ignore the way to destroy bazaar lag?.

It’s probably an expansion level feature but I’d love this feature. I doubt it will but maybe they will do it after. You can use a...

Feb 4, 2022
  140. Laronk liked Mluian's post in the thread Different Heroic method: Accelerated leveling rather than instantly jumping to level 100.

If the heroic character came with armor that was required level 1 and recommend level 110 it would automatically get better as the...

Feb 3, 2022
  141. Laronk replied to the thread Different Heroic method: Accelerated leveling rather than instantly jumping to level 100.

I think this is a great idea, they could even implement the system in such a way that it auto expands +5 levels every 2 expansions so...

Feb 2, 2022
  142. Laronk replied to the thread How I Play Overseer. How do you play?.

My strategy is to do overseer once every 2-3 months when i remember.

Jan 31, 2022
  143. Laronk liked Wdor's post in the thread QoL Suggestion: Remove need for aug distillers.

They already work that way.

Jan 30, 2022
  144. Laronk liked Xianzu_Monk_Tunare's post in the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

No, it is all the people who have played the game for any length of time and know that getting or not getting groups have nothing to do...

Jan 29, 2022
  145. Laronk replied to the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

It wasn’t a problem in the vanilla years because there was people to play with at the lower levels, you could get consistent low level...

Jan 27, 2022
  146. Laronk replied to the thread QoL Suggestion: Remove need for aug distillers.

I mean the plat for the most expensive one is a non issue. The real problem is we need 20 different types of distillers and you gotta look...

Jan 27, 2022
  147. Laronk liked Windance's post in the thread QoL Suggestion: Remove need for aug distillers.

Why should we need to have augment distillers to move augments around? Doing away with the bird baths to move augs was HUGE. Lets...

Jan 27, 2022
  148. Laronk replied to the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

So I want to make sure I’m understanding you properly, you think someone should have to spend 100-150 hours learning the game before they...

Jan 27, 2022
  149. Laronk replied to the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

But the game 1-50 is nothing like the game 85+ I dont know that the 10-15 hours of playing at levels where no one else plays is very...

Jan 27, 2022
  150. Laronk replied to the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

How much work do you expect a returning or hopefully new player to put in so they’re close enough to meaningfully contribute to a group...

Jan 27, 2022
  151. Laronk replied to the thread Discord down...

I checked my discord channels and they’re spinning also people are saying its down on twitter....

Jan 26, 2022
  152. Laronk replied to the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

I think his idea still puts the player 3 expansions behind

Jan 26, 2022
  153. Laronk liked Tucoh's post in the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

"100 is fine, new players can just beg for help until they get to a point where they are high enough to group in a group-centric game"

Jan 26, 2022
  154. Laronk replied to the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

There is no one to play with on a regular server 1-100. You can get the odd group but good catchup mechanics are necessary if you want...

Jan 26, 2022
  155. Laronk liked Tappin's post in the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

And logging in and clicking on few boxes twice a day isn’t? Lulz. Level 100 is to low, can legitimately PL to 100 in a few hours.

Jan 26, 2022
  156. Laronk liked Skrab's post in the thread Level 100 heroic characters.

Hope they adjust it to 110, because 100 is too low. Heroic characters need to be useful for the community.

Jan 26, 2022
  157. Laronk liked Eaedyilye's post in the thread suggestion for something new.

I second this.

Jan 22, 2022
  158. Laronk liked Cicelee's post in the thread suggestion for something new.

No.

Jan 22, 2022
  159. Laronk liked Skrab's post in the thread So, We got a Patch but no change to Experience.

We used to have GMM The Darkness Howls as an option, but someone got that nerfed.

Jan 21, 2022
  160. Laronk replied to the thread So, We got a Patch but no change to Experience.

Whats the pay to win way to not get deleveld from death exp then? Sorry that I talked about Overseer aswell.

Jan 20, 2022
  161. Laronk replied to the thread So, We got a Patch but no change to Experience.

Death exp is overblown, after a couple months into an expansion I sometimes let my bodies rot because in the moment it's not worth...

Jan 20, 2022
  162. Laronk liked Ourok's post in the thread So, We got a Patch but no change to Experience.

Just have to post here because I am tired of this whining. I have a 120 bard, in fact almost max 120. I have not done progression past Ka...

Jan 20, 2022
  163. Laronk liked Yinla's post in the thread I'm curious if others feel the same way.

Hit level 120 over a week ago, still working AA. Hunter & missions are done and I've only got SV and BoA to finish for quests. Still...

Jan 18, 2022
  164. Laronk liked Triconix's post in the thread Why ToL's Group Gear Level 120 Requirement Sabotages EQ's Core Gameplay Loop.

So it's only true if you know people who did it? Well, hello, my name is Triconix. I did progression and missions before reaching max...

Jan 17, 2022
  165. Laronk liked Whulfgar's post in the thread Why ToL's Group Gear Level 120 Requirement Sabotages EQ's Core Gameplay Loop.

Guess that means you have never ever been in a guild who actually had a shot at server first in the past 15+ years... How sad..

Jan 17, 2022
  166. Laronk replied to the thread Why ToL's Group Gear Level 120 Requirement Sabotages EQ's Core Gameplay Loop.

I didn’t say everyone did, I said I did. For a long time I was an active raider and lol some expansions you HAD to do group progression...

Jan 17, 2022
  167. Laronk replied to the thread FV and the LAG.

This is one of the places where it might actually help as the server lag could just be a memory problem and they need the 64 bit server...

Jan 17, 2022
  168. Laronk replied to the thread Why ToL's Group Gear Level 120 Requirement Sabotages EQ's Core Gameplay Loop.

I did, to me a straight grind has been dumb for a long time when I could do the content at the same time as I get experience. Why wait...

Jan 17, 2022
  169. Laronk liked Tappin's post in the thread Why ToL's Group Gear Level 120 Requirement Sabotages EQ's Core Gameplay Loop.

Who buys a new expansion and doesn’t expect a gear upgrades while consuming the content? And this whole thing started with ToV. So go...

Jan 16, 2022
  170. Laronk replied to the thread I'm curious if others feel the same way.

I think the main thing that keeps people from the mmo space isn’t that there’s not enough action but rather the time commitment....

Jan 14, 2022
  171. Laronk replied to the thread I'm curious if others feel the same way.

I’m actually confused, you’re going to be disappointed and not having fun when you’re done grinding regular experience because…...

Jan 14, 2022
  172. Laronk replied to the thread Several Concerns Listed; Please actually do something.

I know you don’t need my petty feedback on your non issues but if number 7 was an actual issue then warriors everywhere would be...

Jan 14, 2022
  173. Laronk liked Act of Valor's post in the thread The Aftermath.

Post of the year.

Jan 14, 2022
  174. Laronk replied to the thread We need a new zone.

I think it would be popular but if there’s a new zone it should come out during the summer or something.

Jan 10, 2022
  175. Laronk replied to the thread Hero's Journey....Dorina's detour to Hell.

The heroes journey quest gives you a bit of everything, if you don’t want to tradeskill don’t tradeskill. Later on if you don’t tradeskill...

Jan 10, 2022
  176. Laronk replied to the thread The Aftermath.

Personally I’m 22 years older than I was in 2000

Jan 10, 2022
  177. Laronk replied to the thread Struggling with my addiction..

How bout we keep this thread about helping players so that there are other people to play with.

Jan 9, 2022
  178. Laronk liked Gorg00's post in the thread Please, someone explain to me why I can't level quick anymore?.

Man, live players must be weak af if a 30 hour grind is something to be complaining about. Meanwhile TLP players do that almost every...

Jan 7, 2022
  179. Laronk replied to the thread Struggling with my addiction..

The currency goes a far way on level 75/80 gear but the level 100 stuff costs 960-1000 each in the currency. It’s a good currency to ask...

Jan 6, 2022
  180. Laronk liked LoLitsNeal's post in the thread Struggling with my addiction..

What great advice, thank you to all who have contributed. Last night, I took some of the plat and bought new jewelry (i was using flawed,...

Jan 6, 2022
  181. Laronk liked LoLitsNeal's post in the thread Struggling with my addiction..

Hello! Long story short, didnt think I would enjoy playing EQ Live so much. But I have. Now I am even paying to duo a box. Paying sub fee...

Jan 5, 2022
  182. Laronk replied to the thread Struggling with my addiction..

One of the best sites for information is eqresource.com If you use the marks of valor that maxes out at level 100 gear You can expect...

Jan 5, 2022
  183. Laronk liked RPoo's post in the thread Struggling with my addiction..

selling collects isn't a bad way for some plat once you get to the rain of fear and newer expansion zones

Jan 5, 2022
  184. Laronk replied to the thread Struggling with my addiction..

The broken mirror armor gets upgraded with augments from the same expansion, not all the quests scale the same. When I am using characters...

Jan 5, 2022
  185. Laronk replied to the thread Please, someone explain to me why I can't level quick anymore?.

Define how many hours a returning or new player should have to play to get into a range where they can reliably form groups with multiple...

Jan 5, 2022
  186. Laronk replied to the thread Amulet of Necropotence (nerf!!).

If you currently play the game, there’s a disgusting amount of lag in the game. From zoning to /tell lag server chat channel lag

Jan 5, 2022
  187. Laronk replied to the thread Please remove Overseer.

I think this would be great (they should also give experience on repeat as well) it makes it easier for randoms to get these done as more...

Jan 5, 2022
  188. Laronk liked Kleitus_Xegony's post in the thread Please remove Overseer.

I wish Mercenary & Partisan tasks gave out small amounts of group currency when completed. That would provide a reason to grind away...

Jan 5, 2022
  189. Laronk replied to the thread Please remove Overseer.

If people enjoy grinding they can still grind, if they don’t enjoy grinding they’re not quitting because there’s other options. People...

Jan 5, 2022
  190. Laronk replied to the thread Looking for Guidance on Boxing Arx Mentis Event #1: Defense of the City.

When doing the raid as a raid you would have each of your tanks pre assigned to each mob or a couple mobs with hot keys pre made with...

Jan 5, 2022
  191. Laronk replied to the thread Please, someone explain to me why I can't level quick anymore?.

Not for his 115, that probably doesn’t need to level faster as it’s high enough to group with max level while contributing in a meaningful...

Jan 5, 2022
  192. Laronk replied to the thread Please remove Overseer.

I think dailies need to be added to teek all the way up to 120

Jan 4, 2022
  193. Laronk replied to the thread Why is Experience so bad?.

Or maybe you want to do something other than overseer for experience maybe guys tappin wants to be rewarded for … playing the game....

Jan 3, 2022
  194. Laronk replied to the thread [ Suggestion ] - remove 30 max level for XP.

Wtb level 100 heroics

Jan 3, 2022
  195. Laronk replied to the thread Games that are $600/year that are better MMO than EQ?.

hot take here, if you don’t play other games, 600 a year for a hobby is an inexpensive hobby. Otherwise have you considered trying a...

Jan 3, 2022
  196. Laronk replied to the thread Graphics / Monitor Help.

It changes how much of the screen is used for drawing the actual game minus the UI tatanka's link above is much better than I could...

Jan 1, 2022