Kyzvs's Recent Activity

1. Kyzvs replied to the thread Persona Exp bonus for overseer?.

As much as it's easy to fall into "I'm alright Jack" (I was probably guilty of it during Dx11 roll out for example), I do think it's an...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:53 AM
  2. Kyzvs liked Bumkus's post in the thread Persona Exp bonus for overseer?.

I am one of those mystery solo players that struggled with being blocked by group content. My first solution was to quit. After...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:19 AM
  3. Kyzvs liked Bilderov's post in the thread Persona Exp bonus for overseer?.

I'm not going to link anything - if you can't spend 2 minutes on these forums and find some posts where people are asking for something...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:19 AM
  4. Kyzvs replied to the thread Playing on different computers & monitors.

I always did it manually - I copied the ini files to/from a NAS I have here. You could set up a Scheduled Task to copy them over for you...

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:09 AM
  5. Kyzvs liked Act of Valor's post in the thread Imagine this. . . ..

lol, there are people wanting Everquest to be updated to Unreal Engine 5, then we have people like this who recoil in horror when Everquest...

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:26 PM
  6. Kyzvs liked Galvanize's post in the thread Imagine this. . . ..

just upgrade your garbage pc. delete this

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:25 PM
  7. Kyzvs liked Aura's post in the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

I'd like to Request an Ornament for Heartlight. This was the version that dropped during the WAR event back in 2005...

Apr 10, 2024
  8. Kyzvs liked Dre.'s post in the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

Requesting player-craftable ornaments for: Rapier Short Spear Shaded Dagger Lamentation Painblade Velium Etched Stone Mace Mace of Tortured...

Apr 10, 2024
  9. Kyzvs liked ScreentimeInfinity's post in the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

It seems that people who ask for ornaments hate the over the top, unrealistic skins that look like a $10 dollar fantasy knife on QVC.

Apr 10, 2024
  10. Kyzvs liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Tough crowd. Sheesh

Apr 9, 2024
  11. Kyzvs liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Pretty sure it's just kind of a neat video, not a suggestion of something to implement in actual EQ. Some of you are incapable of forum...

Apr 9, 2024
  12. Kyzvs liked error's post in the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

If there's one thing EverQuest is known for it's being an early adopter of new technologies. Just look at how fast they jumped on DX11.

Apr 9, 2024
  13. Kyzvs replied to the thread Raising resists.

For the parts of the game you play that's 100% correct. For the old game where quite a few folk like to hang out, normal stats still...

Apr 3, 2024
  14. Kyzvs liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Player made expansion !.

How is pointing out that people shouldn't be sending PM's in mass to Angenlia falling for your stupid April fools joke? If you look a...

Apr 2, 2024
  15. Kyzvs liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Player made expansion !.

You are sure making a leap in logic when my post was stating that people should not PM Angelina because what you where suggesting was...

Apr 2, 2024
  16. Kyzvs liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Player made expansion !.

I am guessing it is meant as an April fools joke considering the date. Though I would say it is in poor taste as it seems to be...

Apr 2, 2024
  17. Kyzvs liked Toni's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Completely get rid of raid lag in modern EQ? Don't raid.

Mar 28, 2024
  18. Kyzvs liked Svann2's post in the thread Updates for Tinkering.

tinker grenades

Mar 28, 2024
  19. Kyzvs replied to the thread On the Social Organization of Frogloks.

I went through the pita of recaptcha after several days of laziness just to say well done on this one OP!

Mar 28, 2024
  20. Kyzvs liked Jevax's post in the thread On the Social Organization of Frogloks.

What follows is a lore discussion of elements of froglok culture that I personally find interesting. The frogloks, like some other...

Mar 28, 2024
  21. Kyzvs liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Mar 27, 2024
  22. Kyzvs liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

Even if the volunteers are fully trained up and don't need any training you still manager/developer time to assign/approve what they will...

Mar 27, 2024
  23. Kyzvs replied to the thread Will there ever be a free move from Antonious Bayle.

I moved from AB to Vox last year - as a UK player I f'sure noticed the difference in ping, my macros had to all have their /pause...

Mar 21, 2024
  24. Kyzvs replied to the thread What made you decide to try EQ back then.

I first played on UK release, so Kunark in 1999 I think - a very long time before LDoN! Might be wrong on the year, but I think it was...

Mar 20, 2024
  25. Kyzvs replied to the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

I asked a similar question a few months ago - there was a guy I saw 24/7 afk-killing frost giants for pp (I guess). I was in and out the...

Mar 14, 2024
  26. Kyzvs replied to the thread Developer consistency..

Audi's do that now - I was in one the other day that wanted me to pay to turn adaptive cruise back on. Apologies for derailment

Mar 13, 2024
  27. Kyzvs liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Know what really grinds my gears....

[IMG]

Mar 8, 2024
  28. Kyzvs liked Venuhm's post in the thread Know what really grinds my gears....

Edit:i am no longer upset and regret this post lol

Mar 8, 2024
  29. Kyzvs liked Brickhaus's post in the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Is uberkingkong a rogue AI that got an account in this forum? All of uber's arguments feel like an AI bot that failed at playing EQ....

Mar 8, 2024
  30. Kyzvs replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

Totally agree on that - I sub x2, never get past level 80 or so and am very happy to be in 'old' EQ. I just presume that getting a bunch...

Mar 8, 2024
  31. Kyzvs replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

My daughter is 22 (she's been alive less time than I've been playing lol) and plays now and again. She sometimes gets the itch to play,...

Mar 8, 2024
  32. Kyzvs replied to the thread QoL: Ability to turn off experience gain.

No - I was saying you could put your XP into the merc bar to make it go up faster. So don't allow it for F2P players. I am a...

Feb 28, 2024
  33. Kyzvs replied to the thread QoL: Ability to turn off experience gain.

If you are wanting to stop and smell the roses like I do that sounds like a great idea - also being able to divert XP to mercs would be...

Feb 28, 2024
  34. Kyzvs liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

No. This is new and where it's heading based on my internal tuning tests and player feedback :)

Feb 27, 2024
  35. Kyzvs liked fransisco's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

That might have worked 20 years ago. But post after post is about how the devs are terrible people, how they hate the players, how they...

Feb 27, 2024
  36. Kyzvs liked fransisco's post in the thread Does anybody read the quest dialogue?.

I always do. It gives all the context and story to what you are doing. It makes questing through an expac far more meaningful and fun.

Feb 26, 2024
  37. Kyzvs replied to the thread What do you like about playing EQ.

Unanswerable. If you stop to smell all the roses, concentrate on quests rather than min/maxing XP and (most importantly) you earn your...

Feb 26, 2024
  38. Kyzvs replied to the thread What do you like about playing EQ.

There's two types of players though - those (and as a "21 year guild leader" I am pre-judging a little, I apologise - no offense...

Feb 26, 2024
  39. Kyzvs replied to the thread What do you like about playing EQ.

Sorry for your loss - I hope you are taking as best care of yourself as you can. I think my playstyle is very similar to you - I used...

Feb 26, 2024
  40. Kyzvs liked Puckbone's post in the thread What do you like about playing EQ.

What do you like about playing EQ? Also, why EQ TLP? What makes you think about trying other games? I guess my point is Why doesn’t EQ...

Feb 26, 2024
  41. Kyzvs replied to the thread Would you play a single-player/co-op version of EQ..

If I could still 2-box it, sure. It would be great to have tweaks to make the lore more important as well - early expansions that were...

Feb 23, 2024
  42. Kyzvs replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

I'm enjoying EQ at the moment. Mainly by not watching the XP bar. I two-box and am loving going through all the 60-85 content I was too...

Feb 21, 2024
  43. Kyzvs liked Out_Riding's post in the thread Spirit Shrouds, Skills, Snafus & Successes.

Just came back after a 10 year hiatus and had an urge to hit Veeshan's Peak and try to score a robe off Phara Dar. Although I'm from the...

Feb 12, 2024
  44. Kyzvs liked fransisco's post in the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

i did read about it, and the advice boiled down to: Never spend to much, and expect to lose a significant amount, because this can make...

Feb 9, 2024
  45. Kyzvs liked Bilderov's post in the thread Former EQ flat rate vs AllAccess / FTP / micropayment.

I have both. I subscribe to my main 3 accounts and have 3 FTP accounts to replace mercs when I've had a few beers and my alt-tabbing skills...

Feb 9, 2024
  46. Kyzvs liked Jack's post in the thread Personas and EXP.

Heroic toons are great if you are already familiar with a class/arc type. You know what each line of spells/AA do, how they change...

Feb 9, 2024
  47. Kyzvs liked Bilderov's post in the thread Constantly having to log into the forums..

I see where you're coming from. Maybe in 2004, but in 2024 there shouldn't be any large gaming forums that aren't mobile friendly....

Feb 9, 2024
  48. Kyzvs liked Tyranthraxus's post in the thread Old market place ornaments.

I've never seen this item before, just looked it up, how the hell is that not on the marketplace all the time? Old school looking graphics...

Feb 9, 2024
  49. Kyzvs replied to the thread Former EQ flat rate vs AllAccess / FTP / micropayment.

I liked the middle option that we had for a while where I could have no monthlies but pay for prestige / aa cap increase / max level etc. I...

Feb 9, 2024
  50. Kyzvs liked Bilderov's post in the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

I've seen one called Erenshor. It bills itself as like Everquest, but every other 'player' is AI-driven. So it's a single player game that...

Feb 9, 2024
  51. Kyzvs replied to the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

I played Dark Ages of Camelot for a while back when it was released, I liked it - they had a good crafting system from the off, no idea if...

Feb 9, 2024
  52. Kyzvs liked Allayna's post in the thread DEVS: For Tier 3 Launch in March.

Expect mistakes. Be pleasantly surprised when something works. That's the motto, ya?

Feb 8, 2024
  53. Kyzvs liked Nennius's post in the thread DEVS: For Tier 3 Launch in March.

Can I root for a mistake in this release? I don't raid and the threads about it can produce comedy gold.

Feb 8, 2024
  54. Kyzvs liked Tatanka's post in the thread Level appropriate gear for 68-78?.

Thanks for the tip. I always knew about non-compartmented, and always thought, why bother with that, get the type 7 socket. Never...

Feb 7, 2024
  55. Kyzvs liked Alnitak's post in the thread Level appropriate gear for 68-78?.

With trio jewelry there is a small trick to use: non-compartmented trio (i.e. without type 7 aug) has 5 levels lower recommended level....

Feb 7, 2024
  56. Kyzvs liked Tatanka's post in the thread Level appropriate gear for 68-78?.

Since you specifically mention jewelry, have you considered the tradeskill options? At level 68 you could wear palladium compartmented...

Feb 7, 2024
  57. Kyzvs replied to the thread Returning players - goals for 60 plus?.

TSS is the fastest way to go f'sure and some zones are really very good like blackfeather. The destination really doesn't interest me in...

Feb 7, 2024
  58. Kyzvs replied to the thread Level appropriate gear for 68-78?.

Thanks, that's great info and I appreciate you taking the time on it - I had forgotten raidloot.com, I was struggling with alla's, which is...

Feb 6, 2024
  59. Kyzvs posted a new thread.

Level appropriate gear for 68-78?

Hi all, Looking for jewellery for my casters at around this level. I was going to camp for the +2hp regen +2mana regen ring from the...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Feb 6, 2024
  60. Kyzvs replied to the thread Confirmed Dranik's Scar Named.

Ah man - I've just moved into DS with my '68s. I was wondering if I was going doolally lol. Does seem like an overly large stick to fix a...

Feb 5, 2024
  61. Kyzvs liked EQbud's post in the thread Confirmed Dranik's Scar Named.

I wish I had known about this bug before sitting in a Dranik's Hollows instance for an hour wondering just how long repops were supposed to...

Feb 5, 2024
  62. Kyzvs liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

Q1: What type of development methodology do you follow? Do you plan to revisit it ? I ask as a concerned (and avid long term) EQ player due...

Feb 5, 2024
  63. Kyzvs liked OldTimeEQ1's post in the thread Is this an AMA Question?.

Agree with both. My concern is that if even very basic unit-testing is kind of out the window, they would need to focus on it, especially...

Feb 5, 2024
  64. Kyzvs replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

It's been 9 years since DBG and they formed out of the ashes of SoE, so no I don't see where my logic fails. Would we recommend EQ to...

Feb 5, 2024
  65. Kyzvs replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

It's more the "why should I to answer the most inane question" motivation for me. Seriously - it's like my wife suddenly asking after...

Feb 4, 2024
  66. Kyzvs replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Didn't fill in the survey which is a shame, but it needed a google account and only one I have is provided by a client...

Feb 4, 2024
  67. Kyzvs liked Herf's post in the thread I just want to thank DarkPaw..

The Anniversary Tower in NRO, and the monthly collection quests, available on TLPs and being able to be done by lower lvl toons than max...

Feb 2, 2024
  68. Kyzvs replied to the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

My rarely used FX8350 + GTX1030 @1440p runs DX11 just about the same as DX9. I don't use it much (just to check my trader or move...

Feb 2, 2024
  69. Kyzvs liked Thunderkiks's post in the thread Refund?.

Game is just fine for me.

Feb 1, 2024
  70. Kyzvs replied to the thread Progression server idea: DX 9.

Back when I first started boxing, in about 2003-4 maybe I had EQ running pretty much perfectly under wine on RedHat it would have been...

Feb 1, 2024
  71. Kyzvs replied to the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

I strongly disagree with that. If you clicky to 85 or whatever than yes. If you only level through TSS then yes. If you actually explore...

Feb 1, 2024
  72. Kyzvs replied to the thread Undershore 68.5 mission - does it still have to block mercs?.

You're probably right - just would have been nice to finish the arc when appropriate. I was very surprised that I was able to do the...

Feb 1, 2024
  73. Kyzvs posted a new thread.

Undershore 68.5 mission - does it still have to block mercs?

The Rage of Kelliad As per the thread title really - it's not the easiest finding people to group with in the 60's - and for heck sure...

Jan 31, 2024
  74. Kyzvs liked Act of Valor's post in the thread DX11 changeover "misery" /claim idea.

Everquest news story #553,094: player wants free stuff.

Jan 31, 2024
  75. Kyzvs replied to the thread Refund?.

When my Desktop wouldn't play dx9 EQ over Christmas no matter what I did (but played everything else jus' dandy) I didn't complain or blame...

Jan 30, 2024
  76. Kyzvs liked Fenthen's post in the thread Refund?.

Maybe for you, but definitely not for me. That makes this a you-problem, not a game problem. Are the problems widespread? Yes. But they...

Jan 30, 2024
  77. Kyzvs replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

I have 6 different displays that I EQ on across my three machines. None of them have this issue at all. I'm not trying to be obnoxious...

Jan 30, 2024
  78. Kyzvs replied to the thread Funny EQ moments.

Way way back - prolly 2000/2001 I shot a gnoll that was in the bottom of the pit in blackburrow. At that time there were 30+ people in the...

Jan 30, 2024
  79. Kyzvs liked FYAD's post in the thread FIX FOR DIRECT X 11 GPU (0) FATAL ERROR!!!!.

I'm using HDMI inputs just fine.

Jan 30, 2024
  80. Kyzvs replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

For you - for all three of my machines the brightness is pretty much spot on and has very little difference to what it was before, if...

Jan 30, 2024
  81. Kyzvs replied to the thread Refund?.

Desktop: Ryzen 5700x / 32gb / 1080ti / W10 pro - wouldn't work with dx9 version over christmas, with constant CTD's so reformatted just...

Jan 30, 2024
  82. Kyzvs liked Nennius's post in the thread Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know.

I hope you play on a TLP server. That will make it easy to avoid an elitist like you.

Jan 25, 2024
  83. Kyzvs liked Muramx's post in the thread Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know.

Live servers aren't bad and haven't been for a long time with KSing. Probably because it's more casual outside of the raiding scene. And...

Jan 25, 2024
  84. Kyzvs replied to the thread There's no point in a Bazaar mule.

"Worth" is a difficult statement when it's an asset that cost zero in pp or $ to obtain. Sure, some time is involved, but if it's...

Jan 25, 2024
  85. Kyzvs liked Thren's post in the thread There's no point in a Bazaar mule.

Im sorry, we all knew what it was about, mainly because youre against bot traders, and after complaining to Daybreak, nothing got done,...

Jan 25, 2024
  86. Kyzvs replied to the thread Has there been a response regarding the DX11 issues?.

Most problems can be ironed out on the user end. I've changed my lighting options and while it's different now, I think it's a lot better...

Jan 25, 2024
  87. Kyzvs replied to the thread Regrets on 85.

I've played on and off since Kunark - never had a toon above about... 87 or so? I don't auto-grant AA's or anything for the reason OP...

Jan 25, 2024
  88. Kyzvs liked Windance's post in the thread Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know.

You can win the DPS race and still be a looser. Being a D!ck over a video game is pretty darn small.

Jan 24, 2024
  89. Kyzvs replied to the thread Anyone else getting weird graphics like this?.

I don't see those, but I do quite often now see corpses that stay stood up. Quite confusing on a large pull to have deado's looking like...

Jan 24, 2024
  90. Kyzvs replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

This - I have also been lucky as I've just reformatted my machine - ironically as it could not play EQ in December without CTD's on zone...

Jan 18, 2024
  91. Kyzvs replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

I have a 1080ti running two sessions in two windows, one monitor is limited to 75hz, the other 85 (in game and windows). Other than the...

Jan 18, 2024
  92. Kyzvs liked Bilderov's post in the thread A request for mounts.

The devs should get a pat on the back for treading into these threads, not pushed away. I work as a developer and the thought of me...

Jan 18, 2024
  93. Kyzvs replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

In the daytime, I will say that bloom is still very b0rked - even in NRo, but it's a happy balance to have adv lighting & post effects...

Jan 18, 2024
  94. Kyzvs replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

2 windowed sessions here. I turned post effects / advanced lighting and bloom back on - we'll see how that pans out, I've only been round...

Jan 18, 2024
  95. Kyzvs replied to the thread Replace Heroic CHA on Modern Augs with STA.

I kinda miss when cha was a useful stat that affect prices / charms etc...

Jan 11, 2024
  96. Kyzvs liked fransisco's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

This. Too much content is focused on raiding. Not saying raiders shouldn't get content, but there is a limited amount of dev time. Far...

Dec 21, 2023
  97. Kyzvs liked Muramx's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

I no longer am a raider and am pretty casual. My guild is 6 people with a bunch of alts that have been playing together for 20...

Dec 21, 2023
  98. Kyzvs liked Brontus's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

You can't fake passion and enthusiam. If a developer is not actively playing the game they are working on, then they should not be part of...

Dec 21, 2023
  99. Kyzvs liked Strawberry's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

Everquest should run on a cloud server. Without client-side access to data, botting or hacking will be nigh impossible.

Dec 21, 2023
  100. Kyzvs liked Rijacki's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

Not raiding and not being interested in the "end game" but playing "causally" in the rest of the content is a valid game play style.

Dec 21, 2023
  101. Kyzvs replied to the thread A trader system that works..

I think for free accounts 1kpp is fine. It lets them flog off their unused defiant and help pay for spells etc. Also freebies get a...

Dec 12, 2023
  102. Kyzvs replied to the thread A trader system that works..

My hopes: 1. Free accounts can trade but have to buy bags using DB cash and have to be logged in. Max 1000pp per sale. 2. Paid accounts...

Dec 12, 2023
  103. Kyzvs liked Flatchy's post in the thread Idea for campfire.

This is not so much an idea but maybe an improvement. In the fellowship window can you add what zone the campfire is located in? A lot of...

Dec 11, 2023
  104. Kyzvs replied to the thread What's the current view on AFK playing?.

The official view softened / toughened several times, but in all honesty I was trying to couch my post in a "I'm not trying to complain...

Dec 5, 2023
  105. Kyzvs replied to the thread What's the current view on AFK playing?.

I'm happy enough to not do it if it's even remotely grey - I have enough pp and levelling is insanely fast compared to "back in the day"

Dec 5, 2023
  106. Kyzvs posted a new thread.

What's the current view on AFK playing?

Hi, Just curious - I'm an on/off player since Kunark and the answer has changed many times. On my server, there's a guy who is 24/7...

Dec 5, 2023