Kobra's Recent Activity

1. Kobra liked Fudly's post in the thread Pet Illusions. More of them..

Make illusions for the old school necro pets. You'd make bank.

Sep 28, 2020 at 8:06 AM
  2. Kobra replied to the thread World Record - Breaking News!!!.

[IMG]

Sep 12, 2020
  3. Kobra replied to the thread Wizards in OoW and beyond.

This x 100. Good luck getting anyone to listen. Auto attack goes brrrrrrrrrr

Sep 3, 2020
  4. Kobra liked Healiez's post in the thread Wizards in OoW and beyond.

If you have a decent number of bards and each one isnt assigned a chant to maintain on bosses either your bard class lead doing song...

Sep 3, 2020
  5. Kobra replied to the thread Changes to the Necromancer Epic 2.0 in the August 2020 Update.

Anyone who played a necro knew this change was coming. I am kind of sad to lose my epic 2.5 but it is what it is. The bigger worry to me is...

Aug 12, 2020
  6. Kobra replied to the thread CCNA help?.

I work in IT and I am a senior engineer. I don't have a single cert. My advice is if you want to learn networking then get some cheap...

Aug 1, 2020
  7. Kobra replied to the thread New Expansion? No....

From what I read on glassdoor they offer free drinks! That totally makes up for lack of wages. I bet they have pool tables too and...

Jul 21, 2020
  8. Kobra replied to the thread New Expansion? No....

I have always thought proceduraly generated content would be a great fit for the right MMO (a space based MMO would be ideal for it)....

Jul 21, 2020
  9. Kobra liked Captain Video's post in the thread New Expansion? No....

Two words: Tensor cores. Separates the pros from the neophytes when it comes to code optimization for anything with an AI component....

Jul 21, 2020
  10. Kobra replied to the thread New Expansion? No....

The basics of coding are all you really need to master though. Then its just about learning language specific stuff. I write bash...

Jul 21, 2020
  11. Kobra replied to the thread New Expansion? No....

I assume they have documentation... I work in IT and we have a very large infrastructure. I spend part of my work day documenting what I...

Jul 20, 2020
  12. Kobra replied to the thread is Everquest 3 news coming soon......

When it comes to an EQ 3 no news is good news in my opinion. I have zero interest in seeing another EQ game that will just cannabilize...

Jul 20, 2020
  13. Kobra liked HoodenShuklak's post in the thread can't believe they removed all-access days remaining.

They're out of touch. You're out of time. But we're out of our heads when not logged in.

Jul 18, 2020
  14. Kobra liked Honkietonk's post in the thread Aradune bone chips.

just do what i do and staple your keyboard to your face. that way you can never, by literal definition, be AFK. Checkmate, Daybreak.

Jul 17, 2020
  15. Kobra replied to the thread Krono for sale on time locked server????.

I don't understand the hatred towards krono. Like most adult EQ players I assume we are all millionaires with super model wives and 12...

Jul 11, 2020
  16. Kobra replied to the thread After next patch, you can transfer from Aradune to Rizlona. Please keep in mind .....

I have never had any experience like that across multiple TLPs. I usually play 1 character, I never RMT anything, never had anyone...

Jul 9, 2020
  17. Kobra replied to the thread After next patch, you can transfer from Aradune to Rizlona. Please keep in mind .....

My advice, stay on Aradune. I am not anti-boxer, I am anti-boxer in classic EQ. Classic EQ is a time to make friends not box an entire...

Jul 8, 2020
  18. Kobra replied to the thread Deconstructing Gods {Rizlona}.

I could have sour grapes because I was booted from this guild (my own fault, I don't play well with others), but its honestly a good guild...

Jun 24, 2020
  19. Kobra replied to the thread DPS Racing VS Camping Courtesy - Which is it?.

I am a professional crazy person in real life. Couldn't help it, I was born that way. In game though I try to roleplay as a courteous...

Jun 23, 2020
  20. Kobra replied to the thread Why the Necro nerf???.

Dot consolidation isn't needed in classic era EQ. Are you running out of debuff slots? No so its not needed. Stack your dots and...

Jun 19, 2020
  21. Kobra replied to the thread Why the Necro nerf???.

When you cast a leech spell you get a buff that keeps healing after the mob is dead. Sounds like they removed that feature. Haven't...

Jun 17, 2020
  22. Kobra replied to the thread Enchanter pet nerf.

Well the whiners win again. At least its only 20% it could be worse.

Jun 17, 2020
  23. Kobra replied to the thread Early fear/hate unlock doesn't feel like classic..

The removal of focus effects was a step in the direction to remove motm from raid mobs. They said in order to remove motm they would need...

Jun 16, 2020
  24. Kobra replied to the thread Rizlona is not a "boxing" server..

I play on Rizlona and I have too much time invested into it now, but if I could do it over I would have chosen Aradune. Even with the...

Jun 16, 2020
  25. Kobra replied to the thread Thats EQ Baby breaks classic completion record.

Pretty cool and grats to them on their achievement.

Jun 4, 2020
  26. Kobra replied to the thread Please remove coin rewards from mail quests..

You can make hundreds of plat per hour doing this with automation. Keep the exp, keep the quest. Let people repeat it even, but remove...

May 31, 2020
  27. Kobra replied to the thread do you think rizlona will last?.

I do play on live, but there were some expansions I wanted to play through on TLP. I chose Rizlona because I am the type of person...

May 30, 2020
  28. Kobra replied to the thread do you think rizlona will last?.

I ended my sub. I think I am done with the game for awhile. Maybe forever.

May 30, 2020
  29. Kobra liked Gremin's post in the thread do you think rizlona will last?.

Sorry to hear that, maybe find a different guild and try to see if it works out for you sir.

May 30, 2020
  30. Kobra replied to the thread Rizlona out of control botting.

I can confirm this is being automated as people in my guild openly discussed it. Its being done to fund smithing and jewel crafting....

May 29, 2020
  31. Kobra replied to the thread do you think rizlona will last?.

I think Rizlona will last, but for me personally it will not. I was really excited about Rizlona. I liked the idea of being able to box...

May 29, 2020
  32. Kobra replied to the thread Character models : classic or Luclin ?.

Classic

May 25, 2020
  33. Kobra replied to the thread How to get TLPs to survive past PoP with a solid population.

I was primarily a live player and I dabbled on TLP and the #1 reason I always quit on TLPs is never due to the content, its due to the...

May 23, 2020
  34. Kobra liked Tucoh's post in the thread Aradune and Rizlona Launch Time!.

[img]

May 23, 2020
  35. Kobra replied to the thread Where is our necro DoT revamp????.

That is just my opinion though. Under level 70 you don't have as many dot lines so stacking them isn't as difficult and if they did...

May 15, 2020
  36. Kobra replied to the thread Where is our necro DoT revamp????.

You have to stack dots, but not 20+. Its not really needed under level 70 in my opinion.

May 15, 2020
  37. Kobra replied to the thread Charm is too strong.

Forgive my bad English as its not my first language. I am not implying a chanter cannot charm solo. I am saying its not very good on...

May 14, 2020
  38. Kobra replied to the thread Help with duo decision - Aradune.

Shaman are powerful but they are not the only class that can kill efreeti without charm. I regularly soloed that camp as a necro in...

May 14, 2020
  39. Kobra replied to the thread Charm is too strong.

Charm isn't too strong and the reason why is in order for charm to work it requires support from other classes. That is called group...

May 14, 2020
  40. Kobra liked Ultrazen's post in the thread Rizlona - Best Box Trio.

Turning on old character models isn't turning anything down, it's reveling in the glory of how much better the original character...

May 13, 2020
  41. Kobra replied to the thread Can a family of 4 play on Aradune?.

The Qur'an permits a man to have up to 4 wives. Can DPG discriminate based on my religion?

May 13, 2020
  42. Kobra replied to the thread Charm is too strong.

A lot of scrub mentality in this game. http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

May 13, 2020
  43. Kobra liked Alakshak's post in the thread Rizlona or Aradune (longterm).

So much to unpack in just that paragraph alone. I plan on playing on Rizlona, are apart of a guild, and plan to main a Cleric...

May 12, 2020
  44. Kobra replied to the thread Rizlona or Aradune (longterm).

Our guild on Rizlona is very active and very chill. I think our server will do just fine. I can't wait to read the drama coming from...

May 12, 2020
  45. Kobra liked Vicus's post in the thread Rizlona or Aradune (longterm).

62 individual REAL people in our guild (shooting for 70-75 before launch). I have spoken to every one of them. Most of them will be...

May 11, 2020
  46. Kobra replied to the thread ZEM values listed.

When focus items were in the game I had my own BiS list and it never included any of that stuff. Haven't played on a server without the...

May 11, 2020
  47. Kobra replied to the thread ZEM values listed.

I know of hooded black cloak, but can't think of any other items? Maybe those shoulders? I don't play a melee usually so I don't ever...

May 11, 2020
  48. Kobra replied to the thread ZEM values listed.

LOL. Really, in 1997-1998? Who, pray tell, was doing it so much better that you can describe SOE as doing it POORLY (all caps?)[/quote]...

May 11, 2020
  49. Kobra replied to the thread Rizlona or Aradune (longterm).

This is my biased opinion but I am a solo boxer and I am playing on Rizlona. I think it will have longer life than Aradune. Having the...

May 9, 2020
  50. Kobra replied to the thread How do you feel about single account players?.

I am a single account player. I never have issues. I am even anti-social and introverted, but I suck it up and make friends and I always...

May 8, 2020
  51. Kobra replied to the thread What is the best overall class throughout EQ?.

SK. Plate armor + heals + dps + feign death pulls + invis and invis undead, aggro buff, also gets a pet and a free mount from aa. Only...

May 8, 2020
  52. Kobra liked Dythan's post in the thread What is the best overall class throughout EQ?.

The Neckbeard. This class has a high playtime making getting xp easy, has played on most other TLP, so knows how to gear. They don't have...

May 8, 2020
  53. Kobra replied to the thread LDoNs, 2HB and Helms please.

Please devs consider adding the 2h pierce animation back to 2h blunt. Put a toggle in for the people who enjoy the current animation.

May 7, 2020
  54. Kobra liked Xentin's post in the thread LDoNs, 2HB and Helms please.

I'll start by saying these hopeful changes are purely for quality of life / aesthetics. Hopefully anyone who has played several TLPs has...

May 7, 2020
  55. Kobra replied to the thread Shaman - Raid Role & Desireability.

If I played a shaman I would ignore melee who act like that. Just like I ignore healers who ask for mana dumps. Sorry I got better...

May 4, 2020
  56. Kobra replied to the thread Are you staying on Mangler?.

Single boxer rolling on rizlona. I like the option of boxing, but prefer not to. I know at some point it will be practically required...

May 4, 2020
  57. Kobra replied to the thread I know yall dont like charm -- but what am I doing wrong?.

There is an aa called total domination or at least there was before they did a bunch of aa changes and merges. Your charm should be...

May 4, 2020
  58. Kobra replied to the thread Need Dev Response - Focus effects on Aradune.

Well in that case the removal of focus effects does suck big time for wizards.

May 3, 2020
  59. Kobra replied to the thread Need Dev Response - Focus effects on Aradune.

Do the focus effects work on rain spells? I never played a wizard so I don't know their mechanics, but if the focus effects don't...

May 3, 2020
  60. Kobra replied to the thread Good Truebox Laptop Option?.

I use Intel NUC with 8 gb of ram, a 128 to 256 gb ssd and at least a core i3 processor. Why do I use these over a laptop? They are...

May 3, 2020
  61. Kobra replied to the thread If 70 % of the boxers are chanter/clr.

I set goals in game and in real life and I achieve them. I am clearly the winner.

May 3, 2020
  62. Kobra replied to the thread Need Dev Response - Focus effects on Aradune.

Odds are once they make a change they never going to go back on it. Expect there to be no focus effects and you won't be disappointed.

May 3, 2020
  63. Kobra replied to the thread If 70 % of the boxers are chanter/clr.

You are right. I will be on rizlona I am not boxing. I already have a set group with real people. I like the capability of...

May 3, 2020
  64. Kobra liked WaitingforMoreEQ's post in the thread If 70 % of the boxers are chanter/clr.

My experience with having raided with the top guilds across multiple TLPs is the best players don't really like to box.

May 3, 2020
  65. Kobra replied to the thread Aradune - GM Enforcement and DPS Racing.

Evercrack babies who need a hall monitor lol. I played this game for 21 years and never once had to petition a GM for anything. Glad I...

May 3, 2020
  66. Kobra replied to the thread Necromancer and their DoTs.

Yes, I play a necro on live and I play a necro on TLP occasionally. Not sure how this is relevant to anything I posted. I plan to...

Apr 13, 2020
  67. Kobra replied to the thread Necromancer and their DoTs.

Choose any spell line, it would be the same. You cast the line of dot that will land and then what do you do with the rest of your...

Apr 13, 2020
  68. Kobra replied to the thread Necromancer and their DoTs.

This is unpopular opinion, but be careful what you wish for. What happens when they consolidate necro dots and you run up against mob...

Apr 13, 2020