kizant's Recent Activity

1. kizant replied to the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

Wizards aren't meant for farming nonsense like that.

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:34 AM
  2. kizant liked JetZeppelin2h's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Should shutdown EQ on the weekend to get people off their computers! For patches maybe shutdown Friday 12am PST or EST and not turn...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:12 PM
  3. kizant liked Tarvas's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

I recently learned that giving certain parts of a server stack a rest may end up with them deciding to rest eternally. A hamster in...

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:07 PM
  4. kizant replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

I vote that patches become a 3 day event. Let the devs take their time and have a break and give the servers a well deserved rest. Players...

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:12 PM
  5. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

How would that work exactly? I can add a color picker to the character edit screen easily enough. Then in the overlay I could have a...

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:03 AM
  6. kizant replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

Just let the AI make all the decisions. Any answer us small minded animals come to would likely be wrong anyway.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:23 AM
  7. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

You can use normal regex to capture the value to a variable. Then ${s} or {s} would work. search (?<s>this|that) text I didn't see...

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:42 AM
  8. kizant replied to the thread Short Duration DPS King?.

No.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:19 PM
  9. kizant liked Marton's post in the thread EQLogParser questions.

Ahh I see. I was curious if I missed some Kizant's super secret guide for wizards!

Apr 15, 2024 at 7:28 PM
  10. kizant replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

That's exactly what the AIs want you to think.

Apr 15, 2024 at 5:11 PM
  11. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

I've posted some details on guild forums but they're all outdated now. Sancus is the one to go to for recent guides for sure.

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:51 PM
  12. kizant liked Zansobar's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I'll up your 20 and suggest moving to 10!

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:42 PM
  13. kizant liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread EQLogParser questions.

Thanks for all your work and effort on EQLP, kizant. The fact you put your own time into this and ask for nothing in return is a...

Apr 14, 2024 at 9:03 AM
  14. kizant liked Galvanize's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I mean if you're gonna lower it from infinity to a #, it makes sense to use 20 since it's Xtar cap. Why limit it to 1.5x the number of mobs...

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:22 PM
  15. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

Version 2.2.11 has these updates. If the auto installer thing doesn't work right just go download it directly from the main link the...

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:12 PM
  16. kizant liked Svann2's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

20 makes sense. Seeing that the extended target window only goes to 20, no event should spawn more adds than that.

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:42 PM
  17. kizant replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

30 targets is still too high. I'd consider going to 20.

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:26 AM
  18. kizant replied to the thread Short Duration DPS King?.

This is the Everquest forum. Maybe you're lost?

Apr 11, 2024
  19. kizant replied to the thread Short Duration DPS King?.

That's just silly.

Apr 11, 2024
  20. kizant replied to the thread Producer’s Letter April 2024.

What I like about FTE is that I can pull mobs from peoples camps in a crowded zone and they can't do anything about it.

Apr 10, 2024
  21. kizant replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

You're all not thinking fully about this. All we need to do is program the AI to figure out how to fix EQ but also how to travel back in...

Apr 10, 2024
  22. kizant replied to the thread Short Duration DPS King?.

The group game doesn't really matter tbh.

Apr 10, 2024
  23. kizant liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

Pretty sure it's just kind of a neat video, not a suggestion of something to implement in actual EQ. Some of you are incapable of forum...

Apr 8, 2024
  24. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

Yeah searching the main Pattern and Name of the trigger is fine. Like some of the others you then hit enter and it searches for the...

Apr 6, 2024
  25. kizant liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread EQLogParser questions.

Maybe this is already posted someplace and I missed it. Is there someplace we can donate to the EQLP cause? This has been a great help to...

Apr 6, 2024
  26. kizant liked Sprooce's post in the thread EQLogParser questions.

Yes, thanks very much, Kizant! Love your parser and use it all the time, much appreciated.

Apr 6, 2024
  27. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

Have you tried selecting a row with the tree open? I'm also going to add that trigger search by name for the next version. Anyway...

Apr 5, 2024
  28. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

The GTP files aren't very reliable when it comes to wavs. It may have one of them but doesn't give you the path or if you have more than...

Apr 2, 2024
  29. kizant replied to the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

The solution is simple. All they need to do is create a new trade skill in game that allows you to create content which is then used as...

Apr 1, 2024
  30. kizant liked Flatchy's post in the thread When a zone crashes, pets should be restored to the last checkpoint rather than being deleted.

You should lose levels if you stay logged in (inactive) for longer than 4 hours! ;)

Apr 1, 2024
  31. kizant replied to the thread When a zone crashes, pets should be restored to the last checkpoint rather than being deleted.

Add endurance and ok that sounds fair.

Mar 30, 2024
  32. kizant replied to the thread When a zone crashes, pets should be restored to the last checkpoint rather than being deleted.

Yeah this is a good thing. Pets shouldn't even survive zoning imo.

Mar 30, 2024
  33. kizant replied to the thread Why not start a developer volunteer program?.

Yeah nothing wrong with volunteering to make a game you play better. The payment is a better game.

Mar 29, 2024
  34. kizant liked halfridge's post in the thread Confirmed Fabled broken in The Sleeper's Tomb for at least 2 years.

Bug: Fabled broken in The Sleeper's Tomb for at least 2 years. Please fix before next Fabled season or add the Fabled Sleeper's Tomb loot...

Mar 29, 2024
  35. kizant replied to the thread download gina.

Wax isn't installed on your system. It's just a GUI for editing WiX projects in visual studio. You don't even need to install Wax if...

Mar 27, 2024
  36. kizant replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Use a skelly illusion!!

Mar 27, 2024
  37. kizant replied to the thread download gina.

If GINA didn't exist, raiding in EQ would fall apart. EQ players are so very bad at video games.

Mar 25, 2024
  38. kizant liked KakleTT's post in the thread QA In Progress Universal Chat service issue.

Multiple people including myself are experiencing an error that states "The Universal Chat service is temporarily unavailable. You will...

Mar 25, 2024
  39. kizant liked Beimeith's post in the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

That's a really, really dumb and bad video. 1) The rules are quite clear they're not vague. No automation. Nothing that modifies the...

Mar 25, 2024
  40. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

You'll want to copy your user's AppData\Roaming\EQLogParser folder over.

Mar 21, 2024
  41. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

The default checkbox is in the overlay settings. You can have one default timer overlay and one default text overlay. Whichever you set as...

Mar 21, 2024
  42. kizant liked fransisco's post in the thread State of the Wizard.

I'd consider less AA to kinda be a good thing. If you're not already max, thats just less grinding to catch up. Plus once your max,...

Mar 18, 2024
  43. kizant replied to the thread The AMA responses are here!.

Yeah I can't say I'm a fan of this either. I used to enjoy solo kiting for hours at a time since it was something brain dead to do and at...

Mar 14, 2024
  44. kizant replied to the thread Necro AA: Lifeburn - DoT portion overwritten by other necros.

It has zero to do with Mana Burn. They just don't want you to be able to spam such a strong ability on a single target. The only reason...

Mar 11, 2024
  45. kizant replied to the thread Necro AA: Lifeburn - DoT portion overwritten by other necros.

Right, I did say Mana Burn's debuff isn't particular useful at the moment. It should be fixed. My recommendation was to remove the extra...

Mar 11, 2024
  46. kizant replied to the thread Necro AA: Lifeburn - DoT portion overwritten by other necros.

None of these abilities should be able to be spammed. Ideally, it would reset the AA instead of having you waste one. Which is the exact...

Mar 11, 2024
  47. kizant liked KushallaFV's post in the thread Test Update 03/07/2024 - New Bugs Only.

His quest for annihilation and domination of Norrath.

Mar 11, 2024
  48. kizant replied to the thread Test Update 03/07/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Is there something in game that you can't complete because of it happening?

Mar 11, 2024
  49. kizant replied to the thread EQLogParser questions.

The Damage Summary uses time based on when the players are doing damage. Tanking Summary when players are receiving damage. Healing...

Mar 9, 2024
  50. kizant liked Jumvapace's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

100% we planted a banner with twelve toons up top and one person down below. I've never denied that and no one in SR would. But I...

Mar 5, 2024
  51. kizant liked Sancus's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

Here's another good way to look at it: As of right now, all three LS tiers are tracking for faster completion than any tier in ToV, CoV,...

Mar 4, 2024
  52. kizant liked Lisard's post in the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG][IMG]

Mar 3, 2024
  53. kizant liked Cassiera's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

To those saying that everything would be great without write-ups and beta practice... The sad reality is we generally one shot the raids...

Mar 3, 2024
  54. kizant replied to the thread Congrats Silent Redemption.

Grats!

Mar 2, 2024
  55. kizant replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

An extra dollar or two might not be bad idea. That plus they can just ask me to make decisions for them. That's the best way to a better...

Mar 1, 2024
  56. kizant replied to the thread QA In Progress Terracotta Torc (Type 5) Wrong Stats.

It's also one of the least important bugs imaginable.

Feb 26, 2024
  57. kizant liked Silu's post in the thread Necro AA: Lifeburn - DoT portion overwritten by other necros.

At some point harm touch was changed so that multiple SKs can harm touch the same mob and the DoT components don't overwrite each other....

Feb 22, 2024
  58. kizant replied to the thread Quest Nerf.

One of the many dark patterns the devs engage in.

Feb 22, 2024
  59. kizant liked Raccoo's post in the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG]

Feb 21, 2024
  60. kizant replied to the thread Noooooo!!!!! Angeliana!!!!!.

Why would you request a day off to ruin your mental health by playing EQ? :confused:

Feb 21, 2024
  61. kizant replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

You have 100% control.

Feb 15, 2024
  62. kizant replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It would just make players put a little bit of effort into where they position people and what target to use for the cast.

Feb 15, 2024
  63. kizant replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

6% of my raid logs being from spiritual shower is kinda insane. They really should reduce the target count or have it ignore swarm pets at...

Feb 15, 2024
  64. kizant liked Elkar Headhunter's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Making battle leap passive was for lazy people and honestly a waste of time. Why not code fortitude to trigger when they get below 10%...

Feb 15, 2024
  65. kizant liked Fintank's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Rangers and Druids appreciate the "non-noted" changes, thanks!

Feb 14, 2024
  66. kizant replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

You can try it on Test and find out you know. The complaints are silly like usual.

Feb 14, 2024
  67. kizant liked Kalipto's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

DBG, thank you for these balance changes. Keep up the good work and don't listen to the cry babies who can't stand change, want the game to...

Feb 14, 2024
  68. kizant liked EQ Dev's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

February 13, 2024 _____________________ *** Items *** - Loading an equipment set now properly removes the appearance of an ornament...

Feb 13, 2024
  69. kizant liked Yinla's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

As long as it doesn't have FTE.

Feb 13, 2024
  70. kizant replied to the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

You bought a skip? :mad:

Feb 13, 2024
  71. kizant liked fransisco's post in the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

Naw, they recently updated the MSQ. They took out alot of the stuff between ARR and HW. Its much shorter and quicker to go through...

Feb 13, 2024
  72. kizant liked Cairbrae's post in the thread CPU Affinity -- Clientcore changes to INI.

I highly recommend leaving ClientCore# variables with the default value of -1. Any other value can have detrimental impact on performance:...

Feb 12, 2024
  73. kizant liked Vizier's post in the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

I'll check it out thanks.

Feb 12, 2024
  74. kizant replied to the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

Just play FFXIV. It's free through the award winning expansions Heavensward and Stormblood. It's got all the good and none of the bad.

Feb 11, 2024
  75. kizant liked Tatanka's post in the thread State of the Wizard.

That's what made it so funny :)

Feb 10, 2024
  76. kizant replied to the thread Raids.

That's just asking for lag to get even worse in a single raid instance. If anything they should lower the number. Raids are clearly...

Feb 10, 2024
  77. kizant replied to the thread Mage Pets.

Or big picture. Why would losing a small amount of DPS to gain additional hate be a problem in the first place? Oh noes the mob took 37...

Feb 9, 2024
  78. kizant replied to the thread idea for casters.

Well there isn't one perfect spell lineup where you always cast in the same order if that's what you mean. And if you really want to do...

Feb 8, 2024
  79. kizant replied to the thread idea for casters.

It's a good idea for mages since they're extremely simple. I'm not sure if other casters would get much out of it though.

Feb 8, 2024
  80. kizant replied to the thread State of the Wizard.

I just play dumb. Hit burns as much as possible and cast a lot of immolation. :(

Feb 8, 2024
  81. kizant replied to the thread State of the Wizard.

Yes please.

Feb 7, 2024
  82. kizant replied to the thread Confirmed Pet Melee Lag.

It's definitely not related to direct X.

Feb 2, 2024
  83. kizant replied to the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

That is annoying for sure.

Feb 2, 2024
  84. kizant liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

I prefer to play in fool's screen. :D

Feb 2, 2024
  85. kizant replied to the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

Why do so many people play in fool's screen?

Feb 2, 2024
  86. kizant liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

I hear you and I'd like to respond once more on this particular side topic (of this thread). Please let me clarify any technical...

Jan 29, 2024
  87. kizant liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

Except it wasn't a hotfix and it was done at the same time as the true-up. The note was posted after that fact because it was an...

Jan 29, 2024
  88. kizant replied to the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

I find it hilarious that anyone would google a random acronym and not give the search some context. Just add 'everquest' in as a keyword. I...

Jan 29, 2024
  89. kizant liked Roxas MM's post in the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

like i would give a mage my foc paragon

Jan 26, 2024
  90. kizant replied to the thread Mages, thoughts on these 2 augs at level 125.

They're still worth way more mana than you'll find on any aug.

Jan 25, 2024
  91. kizant liked fransisco's post in the thread Monster Summoning line of spells.

Be fun if it summoned cannibal halflings and gnomes, and then when it "dies" it leaves a pile of bones.

Jan 25, 2024
  92. kizant replied to the thread Eq resource.com with no ads.

Ads aren't all bad. Got to keep a site running somehow and I'll unblock some places as long as it's not too crazy. One banner at the side...

Jan 24, 2024
  93. kizant replied to the thread Monster Summoning line of spells.

Maybe it should summon real monsters. Like a vah shir or something.

Jan 24, 2024
  94. kizant replied to the thread trigger trouble: eqlogparser.

If you have to re-assign overlays to a bunch of triggers you can use the right-click menu and add or remove the overlay from everything you...

Jan 24, 2024
  95. kizant liked Nennius's post in the thread Anyone else getting weird graphics like this?.

I saw four horses yesterday and heard a trumpet. It was me practicing my horn and my two year old was playing with toy horses, but I...

Jan 24, 2024
  96. kizant replied to the thread Anyone else getting weird graphics like this?.

It's a hint that big changes are coming to Norrath. Reality is starting to breakdown.

Jan 24, 2024
  97. kizant liked Lubianx's post in the thread Eq resource.com with no ads.

Whilst ZAM does have ads, it is nowhere close to what EQResource has had lately. Before I changed some settings on my phone, ads from...

Jan 23, 2024
  98. kizant replied to the thread Eq resource.com with no ads.

It is worth the sub price but the ads are some of the most obnoxious I've seen in a very long time.

Jan 23, 2024
  99. kizant liked Fintank's post in the thread What do melee want as the end result?.

Assassinate and Headshot should never have been allowed on raid content and should be changed appropriately to not affect it. In the group...

Jan 23, 2024
  100. kizant liked Dre.'s post in the thread What do melee want as the end result?.

I always thought it was curious that melee classes should be generally competitive with pet classes in terms of DPS, not just while the...

Jan 22, 2024
  101. kizant replied to the thread What do melee want as the end result?.

Melee being able to do ranged damage but at reduced amount compared to their standard attacks isn't a crazy idea. Also, neither caster or...

Jan 22, 2024
  102. kizant liked Zolav's post in the thread What do melee want as the end result?.

My personal hopes are that all classes labeled as a role of "DPS" (who cares what they can do out in the wild) can be competitive DPS and...

Jan 20, 2024
  103. kizant replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

Overlays working like that was likely a bug. They should never work in full screen.

Jan 19, 2024
  104. kizant replied to the thread Not A Bug Gamma option.

Yeah I haven't seen what I'd consider and issue but I never turned gamma up very high to begin with. It would always remove contrast and...

Jan 18, 2024
  105. kizant replied to the thread Not A Bug Gamma option.

No my display doesn't support HDR.

Jan 18, 2024
  106. kizant replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

Two things I know cause a problem on my system. I did need to turn off resizable bar. This may be true for anyone with RTX 3060 or newer....

Jan 18, 2024
  107. kizant replied to the thread Not A Bug Gamma option.

It looks good with an RTX 3070 and advanced lighting on. I just have bloom lighting and shadows off. What does it look like for people who...

Jan 17, 2024
  108. kizant liked Szilent's post in the thread State of the Wizard.

Thricewoven & Ecliptic are probably barking up the wrong tree, but I'm sure you do fine like that

Jan 17, 2024
  109. kizant replied to the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Can you replace all character models with skeletons?

Jan 12, 2024
  110. kizant liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Thats not what its saying. Rallos and LL were always lore group, they changed it to Lore Equip to make it less restrictive so you can...

Jan 10, 2024
  111. kizant liked Drencrom's post in the thread Is it possible to Molo as a 110 mage to 125?.

Whoa, hold your horses, pal. Where in the world did you get that idea? Mages are the pet kings, period. Earth, Water and Air pets...

Jan 9, 2024
  112. kizant liked Magelord's post in the thread Mage pet tanking vs Warrior.

Thank you everyone. You've solidified my decision to come back full time on the Mage and I'll back him up on my BL. Especially since EM...

Jan 9, 2024
  113. kizant replied to the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

Raids are almost always beaten first try in beta as well. The only reason we spend time testing them is to find faster ways to beat them...

Jan 9, 2024
  114. kizant replied to the thread EQ raids are digustingly easy.

There's no reason to use GoD as an example for anything. It was just broken at release. That's not the same as difficult and it was 20...

Jan 9, 2024
  115. kizant replied to the thread Higher ratio weapons.

Druids are a DPS class. Bards are hybrids so should do both and same goes for enc as they're really just caster bards. Neither have...

Jan 8, 2024
  116. kizant replied to the thread Suggestions for efficient bag layout?.

Here are the correct rules to follow. 1. You need a bag for food/drink, potions, and items in your bandolier. This bag should be just...

Jan 5, 2024
  117. kizant replied to the thread Higher ratio weapons.

If a tank is in a group with no adps then I think they should do about zero DPS. Possibly less.

Jan 5, 2024
  118. kizant liked Marton's post in the thread Suggestions for efficient bag layout?.

This is what I do. Inventory for me was always a pita. I believe the best approach is so called KIM (Kizant's Inventory Management)...

Jan 5, 2024
  119. kizant replied to the thread Need advice on class to play....

Useless is my enc pet's name. It used to make sense until recently!

Jan 4, 2024
  120. kizant liked Nennius's post in the thread Need advice on class to play....

Sounds like good names for my upcoming alts.

Jan 4, 2024
  121. kizant liked Valcron's post in the thread State of the Wizard.

Side note here- if it weren't for @kizant's constant needling at the problems Wizards had I really don't think these changes would have...

Jan 3, 2024
  122. kizant replied to the thread Linked Characters.

It's a great item to me. I only play wiz/enc so almost never have a fellowship and it makes me feel like a powerful mage for a brief moment.

Jan 3, 2024
  123. kizant liked fransisco's post in the thread Any update on pet proc lag in raids?.

I Agree that player stuff needs to be minimized. But simply removing pet procs and increasing thier base damage to make up for it would...

Jan 3, 2024
  124. kizant replied to the thread State of the Wizard.

In these parses I'm doing 55% more damage in 87 less seconds than previous. September: Combined (51): Zun Centien in 451s, 32.13B Damage...

Jan 3, 2024
  125. kizant liked Tuco's post in the thread Need advice on class to play....

[img]

Jan 2, 2024
  126. kizant replied to the thread Need advice on class to play....

Probably.

Jan 2, 2024
  127. kizant liked Iven's post in the thread Need advice on class to play....

You played the wizard way to long. ;)

Jan 2, 2024
  128. kizant liked Covennx's post in the thread Gallant Focus of Fortitude & Gallant Focus of Heroism.

Going through my logs, these are where I've had each drop from. Fortitude hero forge mission a queen widow tarantis fernstalker bunion...

Jan 2, 2024
  129. kizant replied to the thread Need advice on class to play....

Groups just slow you down because people are annoying and useless.

Jan 2, 2024
  130. kizant replied to the thread GINA triggers for NEC.

I don't like regex and I don't like trying to explain regex. Magickon said that he wasn't concerned about rank as most of spells didn't...

Jan 2, 2024
  131. kizant replied to the thread GINA triggers for NEC.

Neither are ideal. It's best to be very specific about what's expected and maybe just ask Chat GPT to help. if you describe what you want...

Jan 1, 2024
  132. kizant replied to the thread GINA triggers for NEC.

You have an extra .* which is capturing an extra space. For example, you're capturing "Greater Immobility " so the end early pattern is...

Jan 1, 2024
  133. kizant replied to the thread Any update on pet proc lag in raids?.

Just use less procs if you're worried about it. And as a druid you're definitely not getting considerable damage from that Whispering...

Dec 28, 2023
  134. kizant replied to the thread QA In Progress Terracotta Torc (Type 5) Wrong Stats.

I'd prefer if it be changed but we're talking about a meaningless number. You don't have to exaggerate so much.

Dec 28, 2023
  135. kizant replied to the thread Starting an enchanter, few questions..

Obviously tanks are way too strong and should be adjusted. I'd cut their DPS in half if I could and make it so they could only tank 3 or...

Dec 28, 2023
  136. kizant replied to the thread Starting an enchanter, few questions..

Charm pets, like all pets, have been broken the last few expansions. They barely take any damage against named in ToL, NoS, and LS. They...

Dec 28, 2023
  137. kizant replied to the thread Spell damage in LS vs NoS.

Yeah those numbers look useless tbh. Try making a test copy and reset your AAs. Don't buy Mirrored Pestilence so you're twincast rate stays...

Dec 27, 2023
  138. kizant liked strongbus's post in the thread eqlogparser questions.

think i fixed my own problem. i double check. the guildies alt mage has the same pet name as my shammy. i did a pet leader on shammy...

Dec 26, 2023
  139. kizant liked Covennx's post in the thread eqlogparser questions.

[media] This was helpful to quite a few people with the migration.

Dec 26, 2023
  140. kizant replied to the thread eqlogparser questions.

Yeah that's what it looks like and it's kinda lame if you don't need to use GINA for a while. The windows service I've been testing with...

Dec 26, 2023
  141. kizant liked Annastasya's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

i like water zones, and think there should be more of them, and that they should contain critical items that everyone wants, and pivotal...

Dec 25, 2023
  142. kizant liked Warpeace's post in the thread Luminous Restless Ice Augment.

Its ok for things to be phased out. Its currently working as expected according to the in-game description, so where is the imaginary bug?

Dec 23, 2023
  143. kizant liked Tolzol's post in the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

I’ve seen 10 necks out of 46 missions. RNG is just not your friend apparently.

Dec 23, 2023
  144. kizant replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

Not to mention pets are so broken right now. Even the terrible enchanter pet is tanking just fine. I don't even give it anything but merc...

Dec 22, 2023
  145. kizant liked Szilent's post in the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

I continue to do absolutely all the LS content as a warrior with ~30khp & ~1600 less AC than I could have equipping other things...

Dec 22, 2023
  146. kizant replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

The best way to get your collections is just stock up on dispensers for next year.

Dec 22, 2023
  147. kizant liked KushallaFV's post in the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

Can’t gotta save for it later, when I might really need it. /s

Dec 21, 2023
  148. kizant replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

Just hit a dragon glyph and don't worry about it.

Dec 21, 2023
  149. kizant liked Szilent's post in the thread eqlogparser questions.

I don't use GINA for this now, for the reason laid out. Cutoffs being arbitrary is a non-starter for me. I manually archive my logs...

Dec 21, 2023
  150. kizant replied to the thread eqlogparser questions.

For the schedule options. I'm thinking of this right now. Daily at a specified time (13:22) A specific day like Monday or Tuesday at the...

Dec 21, 2023
  151. kizant replied to the thread eqlogparser questions.

Well next time bring up the DPS log for the player. Turn off the grouped by option so you get timestamps. Then search the log for that...

Dec 21, 2023
  152. kizant replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

Raid geared players are just more likely to know how to play their class. That's all it is.

Dec 21, 2023
  153. kizant liked Zarkdon's post in the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

If you look at the post I made earlier I said "content made challenging for level 125 characters in t3 gear" nowhere did I say...

Dec 21, 2023
  154. kizant replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

People should have an option besides farming named for the items they want. That's easily the worst part of the game.

Dec 21, 2023
  155. kizant replied to the thread eqlogparser questions.

Do you raid all hours of the day any day of the week? There's no like '4am on tuesday' that would work for you? Do you use GINA for this...

Dec 20, 2023
  156. kizant replied to the thread eqlogparser questions.

It's not a pet or something? I wouldn't delete your log files when you see that. I'd select the fights where you see it happening and do...

Dec 20, 2023
  157. kizant liked Ravanta Suffer's post in the thread eqlogparser questions.

Personally? Yes. I'm not saying it makes sense :p But on occasion when I wanted to find an event from a particular period of time,...

Dec 20, 2023
  158. kizant replied to the thread eqlogparser questions.

It only really matters when you try to open an old file. It uses a good bit of memory once the file size is over 1 gig and starts to be a...

Dec 20, 2023
  159. kizant replied to the thread eqlogparser questions.

So what settings do you use in GINA for backing up logs? Is daily backup needed or maybe weekly where you specify a day and time. Like...

Dec 20, 2023
  160. kizant liked Fenthen's post in the thread What is your controversial EQ hot take?.

8 events are geared for raiders. 7 zones of quests, collectibles, missions, etc is geared for group play. How are 8 events too much...

Dec 20, 2023
  161. kizant liked Allayna's post in the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

You could also get the same one over and over and it rot. Fight Fire had 4 evolving items and I'm betting the # you had to farm in...

Dec 19, 2023
  162. kizant liked SteamFox's post in the thread Acolyte's Casting Ice of Legacies Lost.

I got the impression these were not meant to be upgrades to Rallos augs but alternative ways to get them in modern content if you didn't...

Dec 18, 2023
  163. kizant replied to the thread Evolving Item on Vendor NPC.

Don't you want to save something for next year? I just got my cloak to Eclipsed a couple days ago and last year I was laughing at all...

Dec 18, 2023
  164. kizant replied to the thread Evolving Item on Vendor NPC.

I just doubt the drop rate is much different than it has been in the past for other similar items. It's also only been a couple weeks...

Dec 18, 2023
  165. kizant replied to the thread Evolving Item on Vendor NPC.

Just wait a few more weeks. Everyone will have one and it won't matter.

Dec 17, 2023
  166. kizant replied to the thread Not A Bug Cleric "Increase Spell Haste" buffs stack.

Can we make this an improvement if it's not a bug?

Dec 14, 2023
  167. kizant liked Spazu's post in the thread Heroes Are Forged - The Hero's Forge Mission Discussion.

No you viewed it how you wanted to view it, I guess. There's nothing that stops any group of players from producing the maximum amount...

Dec 13, 2023
  168. kizant posted a new thread.

Fixed Internally Wiz Type 3 has wrong spell group

68420 Type3 FC Glacial Ice Cascade -- Remove group 125120230 (this group is covered by 68415 Type3 FC Tears of the Rescued) -- Add group...

Forum: Resolved

Dec 12, 2023
  169. kizant liked Oscig's post in the thread Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?.

Make gates collapse more frequently and teleport you to random locations. Because it would be fun.

Dec 11, 2023
  170. kizant replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

I'm definitely not trying. For the like 3 or 4 TS raids items I get per year I just buy the containers. :D

Dec 7, 2023
  171. kizant liked Tuco's post in the thread Higher ratio weapons.

Thanks, monks, for being neglected so badly for a decade that my shadowknight and warrior can benefit from a massive increase to their...

Dec 7, 2023
  172. kizant liked Marton's post in the thread Personas : First Impression.

I envy you. I'm a minimalist IRL, but sadly it does not translate to EQ. When someone in guild asks does anyone have [insert some...

Dec 7, 2023
  173. kizant liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Personas : First Impression.

Tradeskill crap. TS depot doesn't take tools and containers, and when a new expansion hits, you need to keep a lot of base materials...

Dec 7, 2023
  174. kizant liked Alnitak's post in the thread Toon reached 125 within two hours of launch - How?.

My beastlord collected 10 stored Overseer quests, and clicked on ToL and NoS collectibles mostly from Overseer Dispensers. It turned 123...

Dec 7, 2023
  175. kizant replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

Sharing is the whole point of creating a persona and how are people running out of space for just 1 persona? I got 6 completely empty bags...

Dec 7, 2023
  176. kizant liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread Personas : First Impression.

The persona haters (who for the most part haven't even tried to use them) are so worked up they can't even tolerate if someone else likes...

Dec 7, 2023
  177. kizant liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread Group Weapons in LS.

Step 1: Players complain melee DPS is stagnating and ask for better weapons Step 2: Devs revamp melee weapons to increase DPS Step 3:...

Dec 7, 2023
  178. kizant liked Smokezz's post in the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

ChatGPT does work for things, but you actually have to review what it spits out and be smart enough to not just use what it says blindly.

Dec 7, 2023
  179. kizant posted a new thread.

[Wiz] Mana Burn sometimes doesn't do any damage

It worked fine here: [Tue Dec 05 16:51:16 2023] You begin casting Mana Burn XIX. [Tue Dec 05 16:51:19 2023] You have gained 4 ability...

Forum: Bug Reports

Dec 5, 2023