Karanthal's Recent Activity

1. Karanthal replied to the thread When will we get AOC's For leveling dungeons? Two Birds with one stone.

You mean like LDoN? There is loads of instanced group contact from LDoN onwards. From memory GoD had sewers, tipt, vexed. OoW had a few...

Jun 26, 2020
  2. Karanthal liked Moncleared's post in the thread EQ Floating Combat Text (EQFCT).

Greetings! I wanted to share with the community a small application I wrote for simulating Scrolling Combat Text for EverQuest. I call it...

Jun 13, 2020
  3. Karanthal replied to the thread EQ Floating Combat Text (EQFCT).

Very cool, best eq player contribution I've seen for quite some time.

Jun 13, 2020
  4. Karanthal replied to the thread Well this is shocking.

Those racing to lvl50 are there already now and in classic there's not really any reason to login other than the 2-3 raid nights a week....

Jun 9, 2020
  5. Karanthal replied to the thread Any dad friendly guilds that raid in between early EU and late East coast?.

Knightmare on Mangler are the latest EU guild I have been part of but only by 30 minutes starting at 8:30 CET. I'm UK based as well so it's...

Jun 5, 2020
  6. Karanthal replied to the thread Rizlona and isoboxer.

I played around a little on rizlona, only had 1 disconnect on 1 box in about 8 hours play time. Not perfect but certainly playable. I did...

May 30, 2020
  7. Karanthal replied to the thread How does the queue work???.

You click play, you join the queue, 30-40 minutes later you get disconnected as per every other TLP launch. It does seem a little...

May 27, 2020
  8. Karanthal replied to the thread How long does it take to get to level 50 during classic?.

Somewhere around 3 days on previous TLPs IIRC. He ones I remember were doing 18hr days in EQ so I guess it's possible to be faster.

May 27, 2020
  9. Karanthal posted a new thread.

Loading please wait (3 years...)

Something to look forward to this evening for those starting on the new servers. :) [IMG] Sure to be much better this time around right.

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

May 27, 2020
  10. Karanthal replied to the thread get new blood in eq.

If you duck before the AE you don't get the spin/stun. Duck, wait for AE, then attack for 10 seconds, duck again and wait for AE. The...

May 25, 2020
  11. Karanthal replied to the thread Bad taste in my mouth.

Not really sure what your point is. People will hit level 50 in 3-4 days regardless of XP bonus, they will still use potions either way...

May 25, 2020
  12. Karanthal replied to the thread What is the difference in these two servers?.

Boxing just takes a bit of practice, EQ isn't really a game where you need a lot of actions per second. It's all about assist macros, my...

May 25, 2020
  13. Karanthal replied to the thread Group exp requirements now?.

Depends on the expansion. Ldon for example you had to be in the "adventure" from the start with I believe the normal x1.5 level...

May 25, 2020
  14. Karanthal replied to the thread No tlpauctions.com :(.

Not sure what would have changed but as long as eq has a logging to text option its not going to be too difficult to parse the auction...

May 23, 2020
  15. Karanthal replied to the thread best 6 man crew for rizlona.

I guess I forgot to add, if your goal is to AE group in the deep you are going to want a 2nd Enc for safer stunning in place of one of the...

May 20, 2020
  16. Karanthal replied to the thread best 6 man crew for rizlona.

I guess it depends if you want to make life easy or have a lot of utility, having 2-3 of the same class makes research for gearing, buying...

May 20, 2020
  17. Karanthal replied to the thread <Aradune> Looking for EU Raidguild...

New TLPs can generally support 2-3 euro guilds for how long is anyones guess. Phinny had 3 until TSS, Agnarr on the other hand only 1 made...

May 19, 2020
  18. Karanthal replied to the thread Aradune - Duo Mage + Shaman or Druid?.

If you are going mage/druid you are likely to be kiting snared mobs typically limiting yourself to non-summoning targets. Mage pets don't...

May 19, 2020
  19. Karanthal replied to the thread Where are all the Shaman spells located?.

Annoyingly in classic spells were spread around starting cities. As an elf druid or high elf cleric I often had to buy spells from...

May 17, 2020
  20. Karanthal replied to the thread 2 Month lockouts, no LDON, more keys..

I'm playing on mangler atm. LDoN is still new, the group missions are a break from the endless XP grind at a camp spot which is nice....

May 17, 2020
  21. Karanthal replied to the thread 58 Warrior --> Suggestions for holding Aggro better?.

Very hard at that level to out taunt a merc. I had a 60 something SK on FV and it was still a fight to keep mobs away from the merc....

May 17, 2020
  22. Karanthal replied to the thread Was a reason ever given for removing....

Enrage was a bit of a troll mechanic, fun as a tank from time to time to see who was afk and turn a mob around but didn't really add much...

May 17, 2020
  23. Karanthal replied to the thread Can a family of 4 play on Aradune?.

I'm having 3-6 more children in time for launch. Obviously they wont be able to respond to GM tells until they learn to read.

May 13, 2020
  24. Karanthal replied to the thread Looking for guild Late Uk, early East Coast hours (Aradune).

There are not many around that raid a little later, 6.30 starts wouldn't work for me either. Knighrmare on mangler start at 7.30 UK 2 days...

May 13, 2020
  25. Karanthal replied to the thread Does Caster DPS Gear Matter Without Focus Effects?.

Most melee classes will out DPS casters until focuses are available. Necros and shaman start topping parsed on the longer dragon fights in...

May 12, 2020
  26. Karanthal replied to the thread Warrior aggro in Classic.

Warriors natively take 5% less damage than other classes. But as said previously knights can use a shield and hold aggro offsets most of...

May 11, 2020
  27. Karanthal replied to the thread Most Mage Pets cannot be purchsed from vendors, correct?.

yes quite a few pets are research only.

May 4, 2020
  28. Karanthal replied to the thread Serverede best EU guild.

Live or TLP? I don't think there are any EU guilds outside of AB now (but I could be mistaken) Live: Age of Unity (formerly D'pikey+...

May 3, 2020
  29. Karanthal replied to the thread Boxing question.

Noone can tell you at this point how affective the GM presence is going to be on the new servers, we haven't had a GM presence for a long...

May 3, 2020
  30. Karanthal replied to the thread Looking for advice for a playing on a TLP server ,experience but also a newb player. miss old days.

TLPs are not like the old days of EQ in that respect. Hitting max level is pretty much the main focus of most players. Classic eq...

May 3, 2020
  31. Karanthal replied to the thread aradune true box clarification.

I'm guessing Rizlona is going to end up home for people who want to be left alone to solo group content and run mini raids of their own or...

May 2, 2020
  32. Karanthal replied to the thread 2 box vs 3 box limit..

When I first read the rule I assumed main plus 2 boxes, but I suppose it does just mean 2 chars. I'm not planning on starting again this...

May 1, 2020
  33. Karanthal replied to the thread Any Euro guild coming to new servers?.

Knightmare are planning to stay on Mangler, most of us have done Classic ->PoP a few times and looking for something else now.

May 1, 2020
  34. Karanthal replied to the thread New server announcement feedback.

pretty happy with that announcement <mangler player>

Apr 28, 2020
  35. Karanthal replied to the thread 3 box Setup for box TLP.

With a 3 box I typically have a "Tank box", "Priest Box", "Caster Box" lets you pick a trio of which most are going to be fairly viable...

Apr 23, 2020
  36. Karanthal replied to the thread The Hype for the new TLPs is 100% Gone! In a Crisis you ignore the TLP players 100%.

I'd be happier if Mangler would just stop crashing rather than getting new servers.

Apr 22, 2020
  37. Karanthal replied to the thread AAxp.

There is no definite answer to that, it depends on your play style. Deep AE groups are about the best XP you will find from mid 40s maybe...

Apr 17, 2020
  38. Karanthal replied to the thread 21 Years Later.... I'm Trying Trader.

No you cant, it counts as an in world character. You would have to log out a trader before playing the same account on another server.

Apr 17, 2020
  39. Karanthal replied to the thread AAxp.

Less AA per kill the higher your level vs mob level.

Apr 13, 2020
  40. Karanthal posted a new thread.

Mangler Progress

Might have missed a post on this already. I'm guessing whoever's owns the manglerprogess site is away/no longer playing. Is there...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Feb 20, 2020