Fluid's Recent Activity

1. Fluid posted a new thread.

What playing on Rizlona really means

I'm not going to say the same mischief that goes happens on other servers doesn't go on. I just want to make the point that the positives...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:58 AM
  2. Fluid replied to the thread Please alow free character transfer off Aradune to Rizlona..

IMHO: Just reroll on Rizlona now. It's not pie in the sky good: All the same people problems but on the technical side you have the ability...

Jul 6, 2020 at 2:38 PM
  3. Fluid replied to the thread Worst Camps in Classic.

Jagged Pine Crook hands down for a couple of reasons. First is rarity, I mean I have Quillmane cloaks on several of my Druids and Rangers,...

Jul 3, 2020 at 4:05 PM
  4. Fluid replied to the thread Is Smithing worth it? TLP-Rizlona.

It is just to late to be profitable. If you do trades on any TLP, you really have to be in there before a month is up. Soon as guilds...

Jul 3, 2020 at 3:51 PM
  5. Fluid replied to the thread Sorry, Aradune is a failed joke..

The autopilots are getting ridiculous. Forgetting about how they have a setting to auto open doors that are out of sight and 40' away, last...

Jul 1, 2020
  6. Fluid replied to the thread Never able to check parcels in Rivervale - Aradune.

I had one experience where they despawned a few seconds after I had shipped some items. Dude on the other end claimed he never received...

Jul 1, 2020
  7. Fluid replied to the thread Newbie cleric gear help.

One time a long time ago... I was leveling up an Enchanter to low a level to charm in Unrest i.e. level 10<?>. The others in the group were...

Jun 27, 2020
  8. Fluid replied to the thread Trying again: help with choices.

Yeah but... I've run an Enchanter/Druid combo. It's as less then optimal as you say, it still isn't that bad overall. Tash line...

Jun 23, 2020
  9. Fluid replied to the thread Duel, what did I bungle.

Maybe next time I will just put all my cash in the bank and park my character in an Arena before I go to bed. Same Ranger 'Gate w/o all the...

Jun 22, 2020
  10. Fluid replied to the thread Newbie cleric gear help.

You didn't mention character race. I find this armor so nice I almost always start 'little people' types that can wear it out of the box...

Jun 22, 2020
  11. Fluid replied to the thread Any point in playing if you dont box?.

As has been stated, even solo is not a problem when you get some high level buffs. Mostly running Druids so it's what I am most familiar...

Jun 22, 2020
  12. Fluid replied to the thread cool druid names.

I've always liked two part names. Something like Morning then when you hit level 20 and get a surname Wood.<sic> Walter's last name is...

Jun 22, 2020
  13. Fluid replied to the thread Sooo, how's the server going?.

FWIW: A real human playing a single instance of Rizlona is a better add to a box group then another box group. Boxing legally with shifting...

Jun 21, 2020
  14. Fluid liked Captain Video's post in the thread Duel, what did I bungle.

It's faction. If your Magician is amiable to the guards, and you're not in a designated PvP area like an arena, they will add. In some...

Jun 21, 2020
  15. Fluid posted a new thread.

Duel, what did I bungle

So I dueled a Magician with a Ranger. Ranger challenged, Magician accepted and sicced the pet on Ranger. I hit my melee button and started...

Jun 20, 2020
  16. Fluid replied to the thread Can we finally fix Rogues and Rangers? Thanks!.

+1 I have never seen a Cleric top a parse and they probably couldn't unless the group had 5 other Clerics in it. Some people!<sigh>...

Jun 20, 2020
  17. Fluid replied to the thread Army of level 50 mage afk killing giants in Rathe mountain zone in Rizlona Server.

Please! If you follow the assumption Rizlona is nothing but bots, then the conclusion has to be nothing but bots selling Krono to other...

Jun 19, 2020
  18. Fluid replied to the thread Can we finally fix Rogues and Rangers? Thanks!.

Actually a Ranger is one of the first characters I create on a TLP. I recently posted a link to videos I took of my ~level 20<?> at the...

Jun 18, 2020
  19. Fluid replied to the thread The Gnoll Slayer.

It was on Mangler, screen shot of it used with a level 43 Ranger. As I said, one charge of Companion Spirit already used up, started with...

Jun 17, 2020
  20. Fluid replied to the thread The Gnoll Slayer.

I recently camped this. I can't remember the server I did it on, maybe Agnarr? As mentioned, it is much easier on the early progression...

Jun 17, 2020
  21. Fluid replied to the thread Rizlona is not a "boxing" server..

I don't mind the boxers so much as the RMT types. If I wanted to pay ~$105 for loot rights, I would just bribe someone at DP.<sic> The RMT...

Jun 16, 2020
  22. Fluid replied to the thread Solo Ranger Question.

I should point out the Twisted Longbow is derated for my Ranger. It has a recommended level of 50, so in the hands of a level 21 character...

Jun 16, 2020
  23. Fluid replied to the thread Solo Ranger Question.

Needless to say, I disagree with everyone who says a Ranger can't solo or shouldn't use a bow. It's a bit dangerous before you get SoW, but...

Jun 15, 2020
  24. Fluid liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Adventure Stone.

Easy way: Level 13 - 20 you might see an emote about it but if you don't that's ok and this can be done at any level. Your starting...

Jun 11, 2020
  25. Fluid replied to the thread Why DBG is silent about Aradune stability.

Completely speculative on my part. Well, not all speculative, some historical perspective. There used to be groups/guilds that would...

Jun 9, 2020
  26. Fluid replied to the thread come and play on rizlona.

Break down the word assumption. Other night I was using my Magician to level up my Ranger on another account. I always run maximum...

Jun 8, 2020
  27. Fluid replied to the thread Agnarr Population.

You will find there and most live servers are about guilds and raiding. You will also find guilds in general don't like part time...

Jun 7, 2020
  28. Fluid replied to the thread Hack and cheat enforcement what a joke!!.

An easy way to check if players are cheating. Just go to the Tailoring shop in S Qeynos. Huge herds of bots doing the Erudin to Qeynos mail...

Jun 2, 2020
  29. Fluid liked KimchiGoddess's post in the thread Got my friends together after almost 20 years - and now we can't even play..

I'm playing 3 toons on Rizlona and enjoying the hell out of it. I met someone via a streamers discord that is also playing 3 so now we...

Jun 2, 2020
  30. Fluid replied to the thread Got my friends together after almost 20 years - and now we can't even play..

FWIW: I'm enjoying the snot of Rizlona. Life is like a feces sandwich, the more bread you got, the less feces you seem to have to taste....

Jun 1, 2020
  31. Fluid replied to the thread Soooo sit at the "you are still in the login queue" window or what.

Sort of happy. Got one character on each account with a name I wanted before going LD. Sheesh! If they would just let you pick your names...

May 27, 2020
  32. Fluid replied to the thread What class are you picking and why?.

Riz, Druid + Enchanter. SoW + Stinging Swarm is killer. Enchanter is grease for the wheels, everything sticks with Tash. I may only do the...

May 27, 2020
  33. Fluid replied to the thread Staff of Elemental Mastery on Mangler PC.

Thanks for the info. I was kind of suspecting it would be one of those 8 Krono type sales which I am resistant to purchase, purity thing....

May 26, 2020
  34. Fluid posted a new thread.

Staff of Elemental Mastery on Mangler PC

Someone offered one for auction and I made IMO a probably a stupid low bid. Is this something people are just going for Krono or are there...

May 26, 2020
  35. Fluid replied to the thread Teach me how to Ranger gate..

You are limited to the lousy armor until you can afford or get to~ https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3897 for...

May 20, 2020
  36. Fluid replied to the thread Teach me how to Ranger gate..

Use a bow when grouped. That will draw aggro from all the other members. j/k I don't really believe in Ranger tanking unless there is a...

May 19, 2020
  37. Fluid replied to the thread Picking a class for a first time player.

+3 on Mage being an OK character. Much more punch you in the face then subtle faints and jabs. They do run out of gas around level 50 solo...

May 19, 2020
  38. Fluid replied to the thread Is there a spot to make suggestions for this game.

I didn't see you mention it, if you are f2p you run out of steam about there by design. If you are paying, you should have gotten a free...

May 19, 2020
  39. Fluid replied to the thread Paladin partner.

First thing I thought was "Cleric because you'll need someone who can rez." But yes, all the other serious answers in the thread have...

May 19, 2020
  40. Fluid replied to the thread Leveling path on new TLPs?.

Hey, I almost always have a Halfling on a server. I don't think I have ever not had the guards at the Wall being farmed. True, not by...

May 19, 2020
  41. Fluid liked Herf's post in the thread Leveling path on new TLPs?.

Murderer!

May 19, 2020
  42. Fluid liked Machen's post in the thread Allow transfers to Agnarr after PoP/LoY since Aradune was switched to not be pop locked..

Sure, if there are people still around to group with when you come back from your break. Agnarr has showed that once the server hits...

May 19, 2020
  43. Fluid replied to the thread Allow transfers to Agnarr after PoP/LoY since Aradune was switched to not be pop locked..

I got screwed on Agnarr, by screwing myself mostly. Look, anyone who says TLP wasn't about grouping is being disingenuous. Even the...

May 19, 2020
  44. Fluid replied to the thread Best mage partner.

I love anything that can snare and/or root since this is the price a Magician pays for having a strong pet. Consider a Ranger too. Not as...

May 19, 2020
  45. Fluid replied to the thread Enchanter Tips and Tricks for new TLP?.

I haven't seen it yet and I am open to being contradicted on it, go AGNOSTIC! It still matters on a TLP server if you travel or quest....

May 19, 2020
  46. Fluid replied to the thread Leveling path on new TLPs?.

One spot I see being overlooked are guards inside Oggok. The ones at the entrance have been buffed to level that makes them unreasonable,...

May 19, 2020
  47. Fluid replied to the thread Aradune (Out of Retirement).

Just on #2, I think there will still be a few 'combine ingredients' quests that have up to 10 small slots for instance. I don't find it a...

May 19, 2020
  48. Fluid replied to the thread How do Enchanters level before they get charm?.

They do get invisible fairly soon, but yes. I usually have a Druid I can camo and use them to pick up the spells in HHK, then just use...

May 16, 2020
  49. Fluid liked WaitingforMoreEQ's post in the thread How do Enchanters level before they get charm?.

Pretty eye opening thread here. None of the Enchanter haters seems to realize that enchanters don't really get an animation spell past the...

May 16, 2020
  50. Fluid replied to the thread How do Enchanters level before they get charm?.

I really question you made it to level 50 on your second character in two weeks of 'just playing to enjoy the game'. I just checked a...

May 16, 2020
  51. Fluid replied to the thread How do Enchanters level before they get charm?.

Not exactly an exhaustive list as I am not a dedicated Enchanter user. Twink the snot out of your animation. If you can find a Magician a...

May 16, 2020
  52. Fluid replied to the thread Boxing leveling spots.

If you are comfortable in Dulak's Harbor, you could try switching to Crypt of Nadox entrance #1. There are some OK drops both outside the...

May 16, 2020
  53. Fluid replied to the thread Are there still any unsolved quests?.

There's also some 'tails' left behind after the head was cut off. When the bread shortage which according to SOE ~was only supposed to be a...

May 14, 2020
  54. Fluid replied to the thread Does Caster DPS Gear Matter Without Focus Effects?.

"With no focus effects until Luclin, will caster gear even make much of a difference?" It changes the profile of what you seek. Pegasus...

May 13, 2020
  55. Fluid replied to the thread What is the difference in these two servers?.

My 2 cents. When TLP server Agnarr started the intent was one account where you had to focus on that character and grouping. I have two...

May 13, 2020
  56. Fluid replied to the thread Newbie leveling with new expansion?.

The developers have a problem on their hands getting new people into the game. They've tied a knot with people pulling on both ends of the...

May 13, 2020
  57. Fluid replied to the thread Getting started.

+1 I wouldn't say easiest. SoW & Stinging Swarm at level 10, tracking, forage, ports, all make for a strong character if you play into...

May 11, 2020
  58. Fluid liked Barder-mangler's post in the thread What are your money making strategies?.

I typed out this really long response and realized I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot in a couple weeks lol. Side note- fluid you...

May 10, 2020
  59. Fluid liked minimind's post in the thread What are your money making strategies?.

On Morden Rasp, I ran the Stein of Moggok racket. I, an Erudite Enchanter during PoP, selling running the quest as 90% of my in-game...

May 10, 2020
  60. Fluid replied to the thread What are your money making strategies?.

FWIW: You can make good money farming trade skill raw materials like Spider Silk. Lowest I have ever sold Spider Silk for is 5 gold per and...

May 10, 2020
  61. Fluid replied to the thread Rizlona - Best Box Trio.

I agree with Hinastorm with some obvious bias. Only thing I would say is a downside Druid's outdoor only spells is a PIA if you prefer...

May 10, 2020
  62. Fluid replied to the thread Anyone will to share some non-meta but still good classic exp spots?.

Splitpaw is OK around 20+ and if you can go past the entrance can be good. Problem is a lot of solo and boxers use the first stretch for...

May 9, 2020
  63. Fluid replied to the thread 4th box for this group?.

IMO, most people don't take advantage of their group. It should be more focused on running a group at maximum efficiency over picking a...

May 9, 2020
  64. Fluid replied to the thread A bunch of class questions! Tanks, bards,enchanters and healers!.

Just my op. Warrior pays for being the best tank in game by having to spend inordinate amounts of times hunting equipment. The stuff they...

May 7, 2020
  65. Fluid replied to the thread Getting started.

Good choice! Between the pet and a merc, you will get a good feel for what goes on when grouped. Most Magician play is...

May 7, 2020
  66. Fluid replied to the thread Returning Player Need Some Advice.

I may personally pass on Aradune because I have done the TLP thing multiple times. I do recommend everyone try a TLP server just because...

May 5, 2020
  67. Fluid replied to the thread Druid + Mage Duo any good?.

Lots of people have this right. Druid + Magician is a strong combo. Druid hits the pet with heal over time before fight, SoW, armor type...

May 4, 2020
  68. Fluid replied to the thread Why do DDs break root?.

Sheesh! Just because someone does not know how to do it does not mean it is impossible. Wizard has just as much of a chance of killing...

May 4, 2020
  69. Fluid replied to the thread subbed and have to solo regularly with merc.

It's hard not to project my experiences on other people. That being said, CRPG developers in general have a tendency to listen to one group...

May 4, 2020
  70. Fluid replied to the thread Wake me up when Halfling Rangers are enabled on Aradune.

Welp, no Rangers in Misty Thicket make it a bit of a second class starting zone if you think about it. I mean if you start a Ranger in...

May 3, 2020
  71. Fluid replied to the thread Why do DDs break root?.

DB/DP seem to still be promoting team play or at least interdependence. As a corollary, slow leveling for solo play, faster for team play....

May 2, 2020
  72. Fluid replied to the thread Rangers.

I haven't run my Halfling Rangers in the last couple of months, I need a refresher. :) I still do a fair amount of questing because of...

Apr 28, 2020
  73. Fluid replied to the thread Rangers.

This may sound a little silly. I have two Halfling Rangers and while I could be wrong, it seems sometimes they are too short to see over...

Apr 27, 2020
  74. Fluid replied to the thread Rangers.

Just me maybe. I always have a Magician handy before I start a Ranger. You can go cheap, I don't recommend it. Buy a decent bow and have...

Apr 26, 2020
  75. Fluid replied to the thread Have Mage/Wiz duo - Looking for 3rd box suggestions.

+1 Enchanter. I have never regretted having a well played Enchanter around. Just a suggestion, you may want to try two healer mercs and...

Apr 24, 2020
  76. Fluid replied to the thread Starting Zone.

I think the temp situation, f2p can play tlp servers, you can start there old school. Problem will come shortly as the tlp servers will go...

Apr 24, 2020
  77. Fluid replied to the thread Headshot.

IMO: It really was just too good. I miss it. Still, you get Finishing Blow which is ~fleeing MOB at less then 20% health which goes off...

Apr 22, 2020
  78. Fluid replied to the thread Weird money making tips....

The Faren part on Allakhazam has a few mistakes. Graphics has changed to a tackle box. No need to run the dialog. Just dive down and...

Apr 19, 2020
  79. Fluid replied to the thread Weird money making tips....

+1 on Stein of Moggok if it is a new server and and thus the items you need to get it doable. I'm almost afraid to say what I do as the...

Apr 18, 2020
  80. Fluid replied to the thread This is beyond belief!!.

COVID19 bats=>Humans=>Game Servers

Apr 16, 2020
  81. Fluid liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Upgrading To All Access After Leveling.

You are not losing out on anything staying free for many levels. There is plenty of armor and weapons that free accounts can use and the...

Apr 15, 2020
  82. Fluid replied to the thread Im confused there are multi of the same zone why so many servers?.

I don't recommend it, user interface and search results are weak, you have to go back to the old ~ alt.games.everquest or...

Apr 15, 2020
  83. Fluid replied to the thread Is FV server worth playing as a Noob?.

@Ignition Playing most of the live servers is a lot like playing alone IIF you don't hook up with someone, preferably a guild. I find a lot...

Apr 14, 2020
  84. Fluid replied to the thread Cost of returning?.

I almost have to say no. This is specific to the way you need to level in that range. It is almost all about doing quests like Gribble that...

Apr 10, 2020
  85. Fluid liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Heroic for All Access.

Previously Heroic Characters could not be redeemed on progression servers until the Call of the Forsaken expansion is unlocked. For Selos...

Apr 10, 2020
  86. Fluid replied to the thread Is FV server worth playing as a Noob?.

In my experience there are a couple of reasons to be on FV that are play style dependent. For me, I like to run multiple character types...

Apr 10, 2020
  87. Fluid replied to the thread Server Start - Halas to the Commons.

Run from Qeynos to Commons is ~20 minutes with SoW and Camo. I wouldn't try it with a level 1 character even if they had SoW. Point being,...

Apr 6, 2020
  88. Fluid replied to the thread F2P journey (by Zamiam)feedback welcome.

I have a couple of paid accounts and have found bringing a f2p character along to level them almost to easy so that shouldn't be allowed. I...

Apr 6, 2020
  89. Fluid liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Camping for loot.

Ya, I was in that new zone called Grocery Store (down in the dungeon part called Lower Walmart)- was camping the shelf where it was rumored...

Apr 4, 2020
  90. Fluid replied to the thread Some Newbie help.

FWIW: One of my favorite combinations is Magician + Ranger. You lose a lot of the travel benefits you'd have with a Wizard or Druid but get...

Mar 30, 2020
  91. Fluid replied to the thread Mage pet questions for early expansions..

FWIW: Still leveling up a Magician on Mangler. @40ish I had a water pet equipped with full summoned plate, jewelry, Elemental Defender,...

Mar 29, 2020
  92. Fluid replied to the thread Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set..

There isn't a lot I've left undone. I've never grunted through raising a Beastlord for instance. I have leveled up a Halfling Ranger on a...

Mar 29, 2020
  93. Fluid replied to the thread Some Newbie help.

#1 Get your old account back. Contact customer service, just about any info will do like your old email account or character names. It is...

Mar 28, 2020
  94. Fluid replied to the thread Mangler down?.

They found out people were having fun so an order came down from on high to shut it down immediately. LOCKED

Mar 24, 2020
  95. Fluid replied to the thread best 6 man groups for classic tlp to don ?.

Solid group. Only thing I would add is where does the poster want to level? I love Druids but a lot of their early utility is outdoors...

Mar 19, 2020
  96. Fluid replied to the thread Class Power rankings per Expansion?.

Obvious bias and I won't be starting a new character on yet another tlp server unless it has something really desirable. Druid is either...

Mar 18, 2020
  97. Fluid replied to the thread class choices.

Enchanter on a horse. Charm what you need to DPS. Hunt in Druid/Ranger zones. Just ride like the wind until you get some distance and...

Mar 10, 2020
  98. Fluid replied to the thread Sad part about all these botters....

Is it really that backwards? I mean getting an alert as a text you could respond to on a cellphone has been around for maybe 20 years? A...

Mar 5, 2020
  99. Fluid liked DijonCyanide's post in the thread returning player after over a decade so seeking suggestions.

Thank you again. I already jotted down the /claim & /veteran commands to try out at some point. If/when I locate my old characters I...

Mar 2, 2020
  100. Fluid replied to the thread returning player after over a decade so seeking suggestions.

Make sure you type /veteran on what you decide to be your most likely to be used character. That opens up most of really good perks like a...

Mar 2, 2020
  101. Fluid replied to the thread returning player after over a decade so seeking suggestions.

1) Even if you create a new character, try to get your old account back. There are a lot of bonuses like faster leveling and ability to...

Mar 1, 2020
  102. Fluid liked Chikkin's post in the thread EQ Urban legand: Undiscovered content.

Haha! You just reminded me of the first "real quest" i ever did in EQ back in 99/2000. Aside from turning in Orc Belts from EC to FP...

Feb 29, 2020
  103. Fluid replied to the thread EQ Urban legand: Undiscovered content.

There is nothing to be gained from a material standpoint other then bragging rights. If you take The Stein of Moggok quest, something I...

Feb 27, 2020
  104. Fluid posted a new thread.

Just a Laugh

[media]

Feb 3, 2020
  105. Fluid replied to the thread EQ Leveling Suggestions.

If you are playing on a live, non tlp server, try boxing as a band-aid to get past the low levels. The sad news is w/o a guild, even at...

Jan 30, 2020