error's Recent Activity

1. error replied to the thread What is the best Out Of Group class to pack around?.

Not even a question on an early TLP. Clarity will massively benefit you and your entire group, and offloading haste casts onto the...

Apr 18, 2024 at 7:13 AM
  2. error replied to the thread Have you heard of these before?!.

There are many, many abilities in the game which proc hate reduction on taking damage, including ones usable by wizards like Dimensional...

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:51 AM
  3. error replied to the thread Paladin as main 6 boxing group.

A fraction of the dps means a fraction of the kills, exp, and AAs. If your only goal is to kill nameds or clear group missions for...

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:15 PM
  4. error replied to the thread Question on Boxing gameplay..

Depends on your classes. Sounds like you're doing TLPs, there's almost no group content that something like mage+enchanter and a couple...

Apr 14, 2024 at 9:20 PM
  5. error replied to the thread Best class to pair with a mage?.

Not sure what these "much harder mobs" that you're going to 2-box in classic are, but I'd say AoE mez and clarity is the safe, easy...

Apr 12, 2024
  6. error replied to the thread Best class to pair with a mage?.

If she's going to be playing exclusively grouped with your 3 boxes then an enchanter would make the most sense. Outside of that, if you...

Apr 12, 2024
  7. error replied to the thread Which mage pet and when?.

If you're just doing a one-off mission for progression and want to reduce variables, then do whatever works for you. Most of the time...

Apr 11, 2024
  8. error replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

The optimal way to farm a low level zone for tradeskill mats is still going to be to pull everything then AoE it. It's just going to...

Apr 10, 2024
  9. error replied to the thread Persona's & different names.

Sad thing is that if they just changed achievements a little to let you share progression with alts on the same server, it would've...

Apr 10, 2024
  10. error replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It's not a performance optimization. You optimize the common cases that make up 99.99999% of the zone load, not the rare case that make...

Apr 9, 2024
  11. error replied to the thread Status of new UI Engine.

I don't know about issues since I keep it turned off, but no, none of the actually important windows have been converted over to it yet....

Apr 9, 2024
  12. error liked Pixnmode's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

The pbae spell nerf I'm assuming is due to early tlp PL gameplay such as the deep etc ... Based off of that I really think later pbae...

Apr 9, 2024
  13. error replied to the thread Mob resist checks should be shown..

Doesn't seem very engaging just to look at a mob's status window and then never even try to cast spells it's resistant to because there...

Apr 9, 2024
  14. error replied to the thread Mob resist checks should be shown..

I mean, you figure it out pretty quick just by watching resists the first time you encounter something? Then you repeat the same content...

Apr 9, 2024
  15. error replied to the thread Which mage pet and when?.

The OP specifically stated he's 117. The fire pet becomes a caster starting in Kunark at which point it becomes an extremely niche pet....

Apr 9, 2024
  16. error replied to the thread One Hobby Dev + EQ + Unreal Engine 5.2 =.

There's a lot more to developing an MMO client than just using some community developed tools to convert old zones into a modern format...

Apr 8, 2024
  17. error replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

If there's one thing EverQuest is known for it's being an early adopter of new technologies. Just look at how fast they jumped on DX11.

Apr 8, 2024
  18. error replied to the thread READY , SET, GO.....

Would be nice if all the keywords to zone into an instance could be substituted with a simple hail ;)

Apr 8, 2024
  19. error replied to the thread Suggestion: Self buff scrolls for Personas..

The difference between a tank that could immediately click a stack of scrolls and fully rebuff himself following a combat rez mid-raid...

Apr 8, 2024
  20. error replied to the thread Suggestion: Self buff scrolls for Personas..

Even something like that comes with balance issues. Should tanks be required to level multiple personas so they can immediately rebuff...

Apr 8, 2024
  21. error replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

No it wasn't.

Apr 6, 2024
  22. error replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Oakwynd clone minus the encounter locking experiment would've been great.

Apr 5, 2024
  23. error replied to the thread What is the chance they actually substantially change Tormax?.

I don't play on Mischief, but assuming it works the way it sounds, that would be a bad idea. If you can't camp the specific drop you...

Apr 4, 2024
  24. error replied to the thread Clarification on 200 day name reservation please. That name or any name?.

I'd kind of prefer if it's just 200 days played on the account flags the account for early name reservations so people can't drop a krono...

Apr 4, 2024
  25. error replied to the thread Persona wishlist.

If it provides a permanent increase to combat ability it's not a "bonus", it's character progression and therefore participation is...

Apr 3, 2024
  26. error replied to the thread Guide events.

They're not going to give guides the ability to summon raid items or even desirable consumables/cosmetics. The scandal risk is too high. I...

Apr 3, 2024
  27. error replied to the thread Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?.

A few changes I'd like to see, don't know if they've already been suggested since I'm not reading 100 pages: >"/swarm hold" & "/swarm...

Apr 3, 2024
  28. error replied to the thread The Official "We DO want BST/BER regardless of epics and minor quests" thread.

If anything it matters less now than it used to. Can just play a related class then switch via AP once the class you want to play unlocks...

Apr 2, 2024
  29. error replied to the thread Would love to have a TLP that stops at DoN.

About the only expansion I could see working for an era-locked server aside from PoP would be Velious. Later expansions are just really...

Mar 30, 2024
  30. error replied to the thread Best Group-Friendly Single-Box Class for TLP?.

Enchanters are good, but if you're planning on charming in pugs without your own box support your experience is going to vary wildly. Don't...

Mar 27, 2024
  31. error replied to the thread Weapon ornamentation request again.

I just want Velious armor ornaments that work with old models.

Mar 20, 2024
  32. error replied to the thread Which expansion does missions become the primary source of XP?.

I don't really mind leveling being tied to expansion progression, but with personas now it'd be nice if the Champion of ___ or even Master...

Mar 19, 2024
  33. error replied to the thread What you get!.

More strange that bard didn't make the list when every box crew has one. Guessing it's just pulled from every character ever created...

Mar 16, 2024
  34. error replied to the thread Much improvement from this patch.

Still getting that half second client hitch whenever a group of mobs spawn in raids/missions since DX11 went live, but other than that no...

Mar 15, 2024
  35. error replied to the thread AMA Response Feedback.

At the very least there are a few outliers that should be looked at. For example, Goblin Dojo from DoN is required for the DoN progression...

Mar 15, 2024
  36. error replied to the thread Is there a way to open trade window with your target rather than having to click on them?.

As a pet class that constantly uses /usetarget to gear my pets, it'd be great if it was directly added to the options menu as a keybind...

Mar 15, 2024
  37. error replied to the thread Not a bugg but..

Camera view should absolutely be carried over through death just like how it persists through zoning. I'm sure the issue is that the death...

Mar 8, 2024
  38. error replied to the thread Can we double the price of subs and Krono?.

Charging more for less sounds like a terrible business model. If you want to pay double then buy another sub, same net result but you get a...

Mar 4, 2024
  39. error replied to the thread Now for the important 25th TLP question.

a_decaying_skeleton

Mar 2, 2024
  40. error replied to the thread YoDarkpaw March Market.

Definitely feels like price gouging. I'm not saying they can't profit off optional anniversary limited time items but... be a little...

Mar 1, 2024
  41. error replied to the thread Is 5 years to complete a TLP really reasonable?.

It's only 5 years because there are so many expansions. You could cut a month off an expansion here or there but it wouldn't save much time...

Feb 27, 2024
  42. error replied to the thread Manastone and ring of the dead for new tlp.

Manastone would just be monopolized by a bunch of SK bots competing for the HT then reselling it to suckers for 40 krono. Way too high...

Feb 27, 2024
  43. error replied to the thread BiC Aug Update Idea.

Spiritual successor to BiC is fine but no reason to link it to the old BiC. Maybe some flavor dialogue or skip a trivial starter step for...

Feb 25, 2024
  44. error replied to the thread Do we need a hardcore server?.

Pretty clear that what OP meant is hardcore in the Diablo mode sense, as in permadeath.

Feb 24, 2024
  45. error replied to the thread Would you play a single-player/co-op version of EQ..

It's not a single player game and you don't just "adjust the difficulty" to make it one. Basic game mechanics would have to be completely...

Feb 22, 2024
  46. error replied to the thread Do we need a hardcore server?.

EverQuest is a game where a mob literally just paths badly then warps on you and one-rounds you. The kind of gameplay that a "hardcore"...

Feb 21, 2024
  47. error replied to the thread New Slayer Achievement - Death Incarnate with Title..

Nah, bad enough that they attached such a significant power boost to it as it is, they don't need to make it even worse. Vanity only...

Feb 18, 2024
  48. error replied to the thread Why do collectibles stack to 100?.

I mean, you can easily find more than 20 of one collectible while going for all the collectibles in a set.

Feb 18, 2024
  49. error replied to the thread Good idea?.

A nice QoL change would be something like long duration buffs don't tick down as long as you're grouped with and in the same zone as the...

Feb 17, 2024
  50. error replied to the thread Mages "Of Many" line and Combat Dummy.

You can tell test server dummies in the arena to fight back which makes them behave as expected with -of Many nukes.

Feb 13, 2024
  51. error replied to the thread Devs, nobody is going to say it, but I will.....

Developing new zones exclusively for a TLP would take away from their live content production, they don't have the production capacity of a...

Feb 7, 2024
  52. error replied to the thread ** A "REAL" Quality of Life Improvement **.

Maybe just have an option when placing a vendor in housing to disable selling to it entirely.

Feb 6, 2024
  53. error replied to the thread Anniv tower & campfires.

I wish. They're occasionally useful as raid markers, but generally they're just a nuisance. Game could use a lot more toggles to reduce...

Jan 20, 2024
  54. error replied to the thread Anniversary Tower ?.

Gnomes can see through the walls of the instance in first person, at least the next 3 rooms are all similar in size to the first.

Jan 20, 2024
  55. error replied to the thread Unobtainable achievements on TLPs.

Honestly I'd rather not see banestrike completable that early into a TLP, it's not something I'd want to feel obligated to grind out...

Jan 17, 2024
  56. error replied to the thread Raiding is far too easy and too predictable..

You can always challenge your guild to finish content faster. The challenge is there during the first few clears, same as every MMO -...

Dec 3, 2023
  57. error replied to the thread Wizzy love coming to TLPs on 5th December Midday PST.

Not that I'm complaining about lower cast times on AA nukes, but if they're going to lower them to 0.1s it'd be nice if they just removed...

Nov 30, 2023
  58. error liked Ravanta Suffer's post in the thread Please add /hidemodels familiars.

So there have been a few posts about this topic over the years. Most people check the "auto leave" button in the familiar keyring, but...

Nov 30, 2023
  59. error replied to the thread Please add /hidemodels familiars.

Ability to hide other players mounts too, please. You can already partially do it by using old models, but some people just have to play...

Nov 30, 2023
  60. error replied to the thread Advantage of AP.

Progression sharing is great, but realistically I don't see many people playing flex roles on raids if their APs are all going to be...

Nov 26, 2023
  61. error replied to the thread Alternate Persona Tip Window - Swapping Personas Requires Fast-Camp / Starting Zone.

Basically my take is that a huge segment of the playerbase already boxes and the ability to swap anywhere doesn't really add any advantage...

Nov 24, 2023
  62. error replied to the thread Alternate Persona Tip Window - Swapping Personas Requires Fast-Camp / Starting Zone.

Gotta make the default implementation tedious so the future free-swap TLP has a bigger draw ;)

Nov 24, 2023
  63. error replied to the thread What classes do you think today are underpowered?.

I'm of the opinion that all classes advertised as raid dps should, ideally, do roughly equivalent raid dps. There's no objective reason...

Nov 19, 2023
  64. error replied to the thread Crafting should be removed from EQ..

As dated as the implementation of its crafting is, EQ at least makes a lot better usage of crafting than most MMOs manage. Worthwhile...

Nov 19, 2023
  65. error replied to the thread Alternate Persona.

Honestly I would say those are massive issues that would need to be addressed before implementing a race/class combination. The game...

Nov 18, 2023
  66. error replied to the thread I want to see some videos of people manually playing 6 characters.

I manually control 3 characters, could easily double that if I were inclined to. Yes, there are cheat programs people use to automate...

Nov 18, 2023
  67. error replied to the thread Alternate Persona FAQ And Random Information.

Would be nice if there was some kind of exp sharing so you could grind AAs on an alternate class and get at least some of that on your...

Nov 17, 2023
  68. error replied to the thread I wish classic models could sit on mounts.

Clearly the solution is to create a single mount in the style of the old player models designed around the character awkwardly...

Nov 9, 2023
  69. error replied to the thread Dear Devs: Ragefire to Mangler transfers.

If people are transferring then that means they're not happy with the state of the server. Sunk cost fallacy would only keep people playing...

Nov 9, 2023