Drewie's Recent Activity

1. Drewie liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Not A Bug Textures on wine 9.1 not shown for some items.

While this is not a bug as it's reported against an unsupported platform, the underlying issues are being addressed. So this is also a...

Feb 12, 2024
  2. Drewie replied to the thread Are there any other games like EQ?.

Pantheon just announced they're opening testing to all backers with a "season" system. The first test season will last 6 weeks and backers...

Feb 9, 2024
  3. Drewie liked Defenestrated Vase's post in the thread Zoning into PoK crashes the game to desktop.

Fiddling with the New Armor option didn't yield and good results for me. I now got it working again though. The following is Linux talk:...

Feb 7, 2024
  4. Drewie replied to the thread Zoning into PoK crashes the game to desktop.

We are well aware that only the Windows platform is officially supported. So far, playing EQ on Linux was flawless until the DX11 upgrade...

Feb 7, 2024
  5. Drewie liked Defenestrated Vase's post in the thread Zoning into PoK crashes the game to desktop.

When I try to zone a character to PoK, the game will quit itself to desktop after a few seconds of loading. When I restart the game, I...

Feb 6, 2024
  6. Drewie replied to the thread It would be useful if we could add notes in the FRIENDS Window.

Actually the Friends window could be redesigned just like the Guild window, they have many things in common. You could then easily see what...

Feb 4, 2024
  7. Drewie replied to the thread Unplayable on Steam + Linux.

My macOS guildmate and I both crashed this evening while zoning into Laurion Inn to join our guild raid. We hadn't crashed for some time...

Feb 4, 2024
  8. Drewie replied to the thread Not A Bug Textures on wine 9.1 not shown for some items.

A few items and NPCs have plain white textures, for example the old world brew barrels and ovens in PoK, Frans Henkal at main bank, Angler...

Feb 3, 2024
  9. Drewie replied to the thread Unplayable on Steam + Linux.

A guildmate is playing using CrossOver on a macOS Silicon with DXVK enabled. At first he could play normally except with the same random...

Jan 24, 2024
  10. Drewie replied to the thread CTD 1-24 x2.

Are you playing on Linux or macOS by chance ? This is a known bug since last patch.

Jan 24, 2024
  11. Drewie replied to the thread Broken Key of Sands : no key part from the spectre.

Ah you're right, they're loot. Well I got the Globe of Fear (it was on Always Greed) but somehow no key part.

Jan 22, 2024
  12. Drewie posted a new thread.

Broken Key of Sands : no key part from the spectre

I was doing the task on my 84 SK. All went fine until the haunting spectre who was able to land a Fear spell on my SK while my pet, DS and...

Forum: Bug Reports

Jan 22, 2024
  13. Drewie replied to the thread Unplayable on Steam + Linux.

The same bug has been confirmed by a guildmate on macOS with CrossOver. Using D3DMetal instead of DXVK makes it hardly playable. Good...

Jan 21, 2024
  14. Drewie liked TMBuzzard's post in the thread Unplayable on Steam + Linux.

Sigh. The first DX11 test client worked more or less peachy keen on Linux under both wine and proton. Now it takes several minutes just to...

Jan 19, 2024
  15. Drewie liked Rennil's post in the thread Unplayable on Steam + Linux.

That is identical to what I am seeing in my logs (well apart from the UUID of the dmp file name). My guess is that it is either a missing...

Jan 18, 2024
  16. Drewie replied to the thread Unplayable on Steam + Linux.

I'm now crashing even more. Here is what I get each time in my dbg.txt log : [Thu Jan 18 21:09:45 2024]:UNSUPPORTED: FromDX11(...

Jan 18, 2024
  17. Drewie replied to the thread Unplayable on Steam + Linux.

The only real issue I encountered so far playing on Live through Steam (Linux Fedora) was some crashes when zoning that seem to be related...

Jan 18, 2024
  18. Drewie liked Sturmlocke's post in the thread DirectX 11 API Port is live!.

[IMG] EQ1 DX11 on Linux Ok, I just gave it a whirl myself too, and just posted my feedback here, but I'll copy and paste into this thread...

Jan 18, 2024
  19. Drewie replied to the thread Persona Glitchy?.

From Test patch notes: "Corrected an issue where you would log in as your most recently created persona. This will occur one more time for...

Jan 13, 2024
  20. Drewie replied to the thread Fixed Spirit of the Lost doesn't locate Year of Darkpaw Collections.

A guildie and I both got the Howl last, so I thought it was the rare one.

Jan 1, 2024
  21. Drewie liked SteamFox's post in the thread Fixed Spirit of the Lost doesn't locate Year of Darkpaw Collections.

The spirit of the lost collection finder clickie doesn't recognize the new Year of Darkpaw collection as a collection and won't assist in...

Jan 1, 2024
  22. Drewie replied to the thread Smoked Shark (Oyster Sauces).

Bump. Also, any reason why none of the recipes using Shark Meat count toward 350 ?

Dec 18, 2023
  23. Drewie replied to the thread Full list of commands available?.

There's a list of commands on the Zam wiki. I try to get it updated after each patch.

Dec 10, 2023
  24. Drewie posted a new thread.

Banner of the Vah Shir Crest

The description for the Teleport: Shadeweaver's Thicket spell reads, "Opens a mystical portal that teleports you near the entrance to...

Forum: Bug Reports

Nov 22, 2023
  25. Drewie replied to the thread New Player - Can't find NPC.

Did Kaya Cloudfoot (halfling paladin guildmaster) redirect you to him through her dialog even though he wasn't available yet ? In that...

Nov 18, 2023
  26. Drewie replied to the thread Spirit of Wolf Movement buffs repeatedly debuffing.

It looks like you're using Spirit of Scale, which is a fragile spell unlike Spirit of Wolf. "Imbues your group with the spirit of a scaled...

Nov 5, 2023
  27. Drewie liked Rijacki's post in the thread Why does Loyalist carry items not sold?.

The Loyalist merchants' weapons and shields are ornaments available in the DB Marketplace. If you hail one, they will tell you that, too.

Oct 29, 2023
  28. Drewie replied to the thread Why does Loyalist carry items not sold?.

As Alerynril the Loyal herself says: 'I know not from whence these funds arrive to this world, but there is a [marketplace] that will...

Oct 29, 2023
  29. Drewie replied to the thread Alternate Persona.

Humans can't be Beastlord, Berserker or Shaman, so no.

Oct 4, 2023