Drencrom's Recent Activity

1. Drencrom replied to the thread If you started over... what server?.

To be honest you won't find better than FV. Unless you just multi box alone.

Feb 13, 2024
  2. Drencrom replied to the thread New TLP & Rogues.

Give all Rogues +5% innate backstab damage across the board and call it a day.

Feb 13, 2024
  3. Drencrom replied to the thread Mercenary (War) issue, assisting MA.

I had a problem with a dps caster merc consistently nuking mobs that were being mez'd or already mez'd. The problem seemed to be...

Feb 13, 2024
  4. Drencrom replied to the thread EQ community can learn from AI pokemon.

Wow, that's crazy.

Feb 12, 2024
  5. Drencrom replied to the thread Good idea?.

What

Feb 12, 2024
  6. Drencrom replied to the thread reward window not always opening.

Shift Ctrl R If it pops up and vanishes, you have no pending rewards.

Feb 7, 2024
  7. Drencrom replied to the thread Auto Grant Enabled.

If that's how you want to play, fine, but be advised- your SK is starting from the beginning in 2024, which means you will NOT see...

Feb 7, 2024
  8. Drencrom replied to the thread eqgame.exe - Entry Point Not Found.

It's almost certainly because your PC is 32 bit. Same problem with other games on 32 bit machines. If your CPU is 64 bit you can...

Feb 5, 2024
  9. Drencrom replied to the thread Could DX11 cause my PC to run hotter?.

Across 3 PCs with different classes of video card, the character select screen always makes mine run hot. It has for years. Similar to...

Feb 3, 2024
  10. Drencrom replied to the thread Why have another No Ro port?.

(Doing my best FelineFeet impression) Well no one is forcing you to use it. Don't ruin it for the rest of us who enjoy collecting TL...

Feb 1, 2024
  11. Drencrom replied to the thread Video card check for dx 11 Fatal Error.

That's definitely not a real fix for anything. Maybe your own video card has a bad HDMI port. If it was me, I'd swap video cards...

Jan 30, 2024
  12. Drencrom replied to the thread Fixed Internally Tides of Time Spell Scaling Incorrectly.

A clear as day RoF spell at 65, lol

Jan 21, 2024
  13. Drencrom replied to the thread Persona - Tropheys not levelling.

Honestly I can't imagine doing trophies and not.... looking.... at the trophy

Jan 21, 2024
  14. Drencrom replied to the thread Heros are Forged.

Got insanely lucky and got the achievements on a full group just from using bard DA as soon as the Lich dies. All other runs we have also...

Jan 21, 2024
  15. Drencrom replied to the thread Big Dipper stuck and impossible to attack.

Yes, tiny fish being able to hit me while I levitate 10 feet above the water is a bit annoying.

Jan 21, 2024
  16. Drencrom replied to the thread Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know.

I had a run-in with someone who appeared to be afk killing. Basically, they were at a camp for as long as it took to complete all...

Jan 21, 2024
  17. Drencrom replied to the thread An Epic Journey - All 16 Epics Completed On One Character.

I've done all the epics on different characters 2 decades ago. Different characters on different accounts requires more work and is...

Jan 21, 2024
  18. Drencrom replied to the thread Raid Chests 0 loots.

Imagine for a moment that it's January 2025 and none of this matters. Just imagine. Because none of this matters.

Jan 21, 2024
  19. Drencrom replied to the thread Missions for Jann's Viel, how difficult?.

True. Always remember to block the "promised" line so they're forced to actually heal.

Jan 19, 2024
  20. Drencrom replied to the thread Missions for Jann's Viel, how difficult?.

I ran them with a friend at 115 and obliterated them. Some of the mechanics will be hard to deal with but a 121+ Bst with loads of AA...

Jan 19, 2024
  21. Drencrom replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

Corrupted graphics memory. It can happen with any 3D program. If it's not persistent then it was a simple address error. Maybe a...

Jan 18, 2024
  22. Drencrom replied to the thread In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope.

You ignored their reason for saying that (being told "it's only you" in a previous thread) and simply took this as an opportunity to...

Jan 18, 2024
  23. Drencrom replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

It doesn't. The other person who replied to you is mistaking a highly nuanced situation, that affected <1% of people, with a common...

Jan 18, 2024
  24. Drencrom replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

Don't do this. Set the limit to the refresh rate of your monitor. If you don't know it, it's probably 60hz because people who know...

Jan 18, 2024
  25. Drencrom replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

[IMG]

Jan 18, 2024
  26. Drencrom replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

An ancient computer still has 10x the minimum specs to run EQ

Jan 18, 2024
  27. Drencrom replied to the thread Bring Gamma back please.

It was never broken, there is an option in your video driver control panel that sets gamma control either to Apps or Hardware.

Jan 18, 2024
  28. Drencrom replied to the thread Confirmed Inventory Screen Off-Kilter with Mouse.

No 3rd party programs. It turned out to be (gasp) the new UI. Turning the scale back down to 1.0 fixed it, for now. But scaling was...

Jan 18, 2024
  29. Drencrom replied to the thread Purchasing Night of Shadows expansion.

We don't mind answering questions. You do, though. You're here to rant. This is one of your favorite topics to not answer questions...

Jan 17, 2024
  30. Drencrom replied to the thread Confirmed Ranger Archery Proc Rates and Heroic Dexterity.

Join us on live if you want to play a real ranger. [IMG]

Jan 17, 2024
  31. Drencrom replied to the thread Begging at 125.

There is a Begging, Bind wound, Swimming, Sense heading, and Alc tolerance achieve for all classes. The Utility line.

Jan 15, 2024
  32. Drencrom replied to the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

That specific mission had a never-ending 5 min raid timer when on the last phase.

Jan 10, 2024
  33. Drencrom replied to the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

In the Nvidia control panel, under "Adjust Desktop Color Settings", there may be an option to switch between app control and Nvidia...

Jan 10, 2024
  34. Drencrom replied to the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

True, I noticed the spidey consistently targeted my chanter upon re-activation, because dots were still ticking. It was never a...

Jan 10, 2024
  35. Drencrom replied to the thread Is it possible to Molo as a 110 mage to 125?.

Whoa, hold your horses, pal. Where in the world did you get that idea? Mages are the pet kings, period. Earth, Water and Air pets...

Jan 9, 2024
  36. Drencrom replied to the thread Zoning Time.

Nah. Read the post if you want to be helpful. Problem: CPU? It's possible for a CPU to be damaged and still functional but very...

Jan 6, 2024
  37. Drencrom replied to the thread Test Update 12/13/2023 - New Bugs Only.

I also had AOL dialup and my second computer built with summer job money used a AMD K6. That's the one that stands up! However, no...

Dec 27, 2023
  38. Drencrom replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

Never finished collects in NoS. That's insane. I'm supposed to go away from the mission area and kill non-mission mobs in an...

Dec 27, 2023
  39. Drencrom replied to the thread Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber drop rate?.

I estimate if he had killed 2600 plant mobs he would have about 260 timber.

Dec 23, 2023
  40. Drencrom replied to the thread Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber drop rate?.

For me the drop rate off Timorous plant mobs was roughly 1 per clear, with, I think, 7-8 min respawns. Sometimes I got 0, sometimes I...

Dec 23, 2023
  41. Drencrom replied to the thread Neck evolver drop rate.

I can't think of a time there was a mission-specific collection set, but only one in the entire expansion. Doesn't make sense. The only...

Dec 22, 2023
  42. Drencrom replied to the thread Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber drop rate?.

There are none for sale on my server, that's why I farmed all mine. I poked around to see where they drop, read some tips here, and...

Dec 21, 2023
  43. Drencrom replied to the thread Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber drop rate?.

Timorous falls: I spent 30 mins at the white colored flower mobs used in a quest, and got 2. I spent 30 mins at the zone in killing the...

Dec 21, 2023
  44. Drencrom replied to the thread Evolving Item on Vendor NPC.

(insert some kind of joke about carrying the team)

Dec 20, 2023
  45. Drencrom replied to the thread Reviewing Laurion's Song expansion.

One person hails to start the script. The non-agro giant NPC paths over to the quest giver. The rest of the group now hails. Everyone...

Dec 20, 2023
  46. Drencrom replied to the thread Evolving Item on Vendor NPC.

Figured I would add to the anecdotal stat pool here. Just got my 4th of 6 neck. Neck 1: run 11 Neck 2: run 28 Neck 3: run 30 Neck 4: run 37...

Dec 19, 2023
  47. Drencrom replied to the thread Evolving Item on Vendor NPC.

What other 2 missions?

Dec 19, 2023
  48. Drencrom replied to the thread Rallosian Spellslinger has abnormally increased hitpoints?.

We did ours on the weekend at prime time, and there were no conquerors spawned, picked clean of course. So we noticed there was a...

Dec 18, 2023
  49. Drencrom replied to the thread Forcing Merc to be Suspended?!.

Instead of Lorian Inn try Pal Lomen. Killing relatively easy stuff like "a fox" will give almost double the exp of a LI mob.

Dec 16, 2023
  50. Drencrom replied to the thread Why ToL's Group Gear Level 120 Requirement Sabotages EQ's Core Gameplay Loop.

You mean "extra-curricular", just like Joe Rogan meant when he mis-spoke and said academic.

Dec 16, 2023
  51. Drencrom replied to the thread Collection Item Consolidation.

If you're going to run around buying up all the collects on every server and selling the sets in general, you have to put on your big boy...

Dec 15, 2023
  52. Drencrom replied to the thread Pick Thresholds in LS.

Yes, it's not as if they are players with all the extra baggage the server has to account for. Mercs are essentially just NPCs....

Dec 14, 2023
  53. Drencrom replied to the thread Fixed Mobs flagged Oddly.

Gorillas in LI are considered animals and cannot be headshot. They're clearly humanoids with very obvious heads!

Dec 14, 2023
  54. Drencrom replied to the thread EQ causing BSOD since Laurion's Song Release.

The first thing I would do is run memtest from a USB.

Dec 11, 2023
  55. Drencrom replied to the thread LS chase loot memoryforged too common?.

Agree. I completed all of ToL and NoS and did 100 lesson burns for AA, and saw zero chase loots. Not that they were very good anyhow....

Dec 11, 2023
  56. Drencrom replied to the thread LS chase loot memoryforged too common?.

This post makes me feel like I don't speak English

Dec 11, 2023
  57. Drencrom replied to the thread Macro issues since last patch.

Pretty sure pause isn't 1=100ms. In situations where I want a 3 second delay, "30" doesn't cut it. I need more like 40-42. PC is new,...

Dec 11, 2023
  58. Drencrom replied to the thread Swiped EQ off the screen.

You can also tab to it and press Windows Key + Left or Right arrow. Works with any program.

Dec 9, 2023
  59. Drencrom replied to the thread Fixed Goblin Gender.

Technically since a dev created them, it's their "assigned" gender :cool:

Dec 9, 2023
  60. Drencrom replied to the thread EQ Buff Level Restrictions.

I agree but lore-wise you could just say the chanter is naturally better at casting that spell. Like druid vs ranger, or pal vs...

Dec 8, 2023
  61. Drencrom replied to the thread Why does Conflagrant Platinum only get rewarded from Overseer if you are subscribed?.

Absolute gibberish to avoid admitting what you posted made no sense and was wrong. As usual.

Nov 28, 2023
  62. Drencrom replied to the thread Alternate Persona FAQ And Random Information.

Well it is a fantasy roleplaying game

Nov 22, 2023
  63. Drencrom replied to the thread Zek Mourns the Loss of a Legend (Armourcarr).

It's really not that expensive, plat-wise. I maintain a dozen properties and a Palatial GH by myself. GH is paid up until the year 2100.

Nov 17, 2023
  64. Drencrom replied to the thread Somewhat Fustrated..

Working as intended

Nov 17, 2023
  65. Drencrom replied to the thread trophy saved set.

They could just change it so TS trophies don't take up any trophy slots. Problem solved. If you're planning on keeping all your stat...

Nov 12, 2023
  66. Drencrom replied to the thread Whatever happened to Improved Dodge VI?.

Haha. No. The only harder part about raids is getting people to show up. The content isn't hard. You are literally getting carried while...

Nov 8, 2023
  67. Drencrom replied to the thread Guild Lobby Kidnap.

I thought this was true until this newest PC. For years and years I was stagnant and only ever got one small upgrade (replacing an...

Oct 29, 2023