dentalplan's Recent Activity

1. dentalplan replied to the thread Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?.

Teak is also a retread, just a slightly less stale one.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:44 AM
  2. dentalplan replied to the thread Anyone notice people really want tormax to fail?.

The very first EQ progression servers launched 18 years ago at this point. This community has been playing through new iterations of them...

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:37 AM
  3. dentalplan replied to the thread Tower mount stats are too weak!.

The mount should at least be selo speed for the amount of effort it takes to get imho.

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:54 PM
  4. dentalplan replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

I won't ruin the surprise then. You not only put yourself at risk of disciplinary action by doing this, it just doesn't accomplish...

Apr 10, 2024
  5. dentalplan replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

I'm honestly not even really talking about the automated groups, those have been an issue for years, and despite what you say nothing...

Apr 10, 2024
  6. dentalplan replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

I think the other thing that really hurt Oakwynd that never seems to get talked about is how completely out of control cheat program use is...

Apr 10, 2024
  7. dentalplan replied to the thread What after Plane of Power?.

Gates is some of the most fun I've had on TLPs so I can't agree there. PoR is dismal though.

Apr 5, 2024
  8. dentalplan replied to the thread What after Plane of Power?.

Post PoP is when the game actually gets interesting

Apr 5, 2024
  9. dentalplan replied to the thread No FTE on Teek and Tormax.

They view Oakwynd as a failure, and I think they would rather just blame the ruleset and throw FTE under the bus rather than acknowledge or...

Apr 5, 2024
  10. dentalplan replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

We need to hear more about the anti-cheat they promised on the roadmap before any of the ruleset stuff matters anyways. I for one will not...

Apr 4, 2024
  11. dentalplan replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

all of those folks who are super stoked to do a phinny ruleset for the 6th time are being pretty quiet about it

Apr 4, 2024
  12. dentalplan replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Why not put some kind of nominal, small spin on things so it's not just "Mischief clone" and "Not Mischief clone"? What's the harm? I...

Apr 4, 2024
  13. dentalplan replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Tormax definitely needs some kind of unique twist or it's dead in the water. I don't know anyone who's going to get excited about Phinny...

Apr 4, 2024
  14. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

I don't think there's any reason to minimize the group botting that happens in SG and other places - it's really bad, it's gotten...

Mar 13, 2024
  15. dentalplan liked SnapVine's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

we finally got there. FTE haters are mad when they can't enact vigilante train justice on whoever they judge is "wrong" or "an AFK bot."...

Mar 13, 2024
  16. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

As already stated, the cheat program stuff needs a serious crackdown and it's a separate conversation. The goal of FTE is not to give you...

Mar 13, 2024
  17. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Will do, right after you play on Oakwynd for a week and develop thoughts on FTE based on actual experience instead of feelings!

Mar 13, 2024
  18. dentalplan liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

That isn't the case as everyone will have a chance to agro it with abilities that can be used without the need of a script.

Mar 13, 2024
  19. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Have you played on Oakwynd and actually tried out the FTE system as implemented there? It really doesn't seem like it based on what you...

Mar 13, 2024
  20. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

FTE is never 100%. There is a relatively even playing field. It has not been my experience that people who are very obviously cheating have...

Mar 13, 2024
  21. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Making an unhinged accusation like this out of nowhere doesn't really help your case here imho. Just to bring things back on topic -...

Mar 13, 2024
  22. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

You realize this system has been implemented on a server for almost a year and you're talking to people that have actually used it for...

Mar 13, 2024
  23. dentalplan replied to the thread EverQuest Swag Store is here!.

I'm really surprised there aren't items with the old class icons from early EQ days on them. I feel like those were all really iconic and...

Mar 13, 2024
  24. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

People who are cheating are going to have a big advantage no matter what the mob kill goalpost is. That's why people do it. It's a fully...

Mar 13, 2024
  25. dentalplan liked Demetri's post in the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

And no idea what warped one you found (perhaps that was an update when they sunsetted PNP) here is the original, as sent to Senior Guides...

Mar 11, 2024
  26. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

Tag it first. It isn't your mob until it's tagged.

Mar 10, 2024
  27. dentalplan replied to the thread Someone explain to me why FTE is so hated, I don't get it..

The flip side of this is that prior to encounter locking, if some 6 boxer or a crew of people wanted to roll up and take your mob or...

Mar 10, 2024
  28. dentalplan replied to the thread Encounter Locking in 2024.

They are never going to ditch a system that reduces the need for CSR hours the way that FTE has. I would be shocked if it wasn't on every...

Mar 7, 2024
  29. dentalplan replied to the thread Rogues on TLPs - Easy Fixes.

No, I don't. If 2 or so points of backstab damage won't bring them in line with monks in early expansions, I'd say add more than that...

Mar 7, 2024
  30. dentalplan replied to the thread Rogues on TLPs - Easy Fixes.

I think if you add a point or two to the "backstab damage" stat of all piercers up through TSS or whenever rogues start to catch up on DPS,...

Mar 7, 2024
  31. dentalplan replied to the thread The FTE conundrum.

As someone who was highly skeptical of FTE at the beginning, the way its currently implemented on Oakwynd works really well and I hope it's...

Mar 6, 2024
  32. dentalplan replied to the thread My humble Oakwynd prediction for LDoN..

LDoN should just straight up release with PoP, sticking with a 3 or 4 month PoTime endgame era. PoP notoriously gives people very little to...

Mar 4, 2024
  33. dentalplan replied to the thread Vi Xi Aten Ha Ra resetting mid fight.

Just make all of the VT bosses that use "fling" immune to their own AoEs and the problem would be solved. It seems pretty unlikely that...

Feb 12, 2024
  34. dentalplan replied to the thread [Oakwynd] Multiple boss AE timers reduced.

Tallon has multiple different "barb of tallon" aoes that are actually different spells, right? I don't think the cooldown on one individual...

Feb 6, 2024
  35. dentalplan replied to the thread Devs, nobody is going to say it, but I will.....

Right now thousands and thousands of people flock to the new TLP every year and buy bags/xp potions with very minimal backend development...

Feb 5, 2024
  36. dentalplan replied to the thread Oakwynd alternate persona.

You should still get the 10% legacy bonus if at least one persona of your character is max level imho, otherwise you are always penalized...

Jan 29, 2024
  37. dentalplan replied to the thread Spawn Timers - Oakwynd.

VSR cannot spawn in an instance of KC where the real VS is up. He will spawn some hours after the real VS dies in the main pick of KC or he...

Jan 25, 2024
  38. dentalplan liked Estalia's post in the thread Not A Bug Gamma option.

So my options are not see the game, or blow my eyes if I use any other program on my computer? How about an option to use directx 9 so I...

Jan 18, 2024
  39. dentalplan replied to the thread Not A Bug Gamma option.

How is it "not a bug" if I cannot clearly see the game without messing with 3rd party settings completely unrelated to this software?

Jan 18, 2024
  40. dentalplan replied to the thread Why don't people like the game post POP?.

Most TLP players are playing for nostalgia factor, and in the post-PoP expansions EQ lost a very large chunk of its player population so...

Jan 8, 2024
  41. dentalplan replied to the thread Vi Xi Aten Ha Ra resetting mid fight.

Just wanted to give this some visibility as it worked really well for us. Zero resets!

Dec 30, 2023
  42. dentalplan liked Herf's post in the thread Vi Xi Aten Ha Ra resetting mid fight.

The secret (to overcoming this &@)#*)@_!(*_!! stupid bug) is to push her against the wall that's under the high window. She will...

Dec 30, 2023
  43. dentalplan liked FragsTLP's post in the thread Vi Xi Aten Ha Ra resetting mid fight.

Bug has been around forever. It's still a problem. In Vex Thal, Va Xi Aten Ha Ra flings herself and will randomly death touch the tank and...

Dec 18, 2023
  44. dentalplan replied to the thread Vi Xi Aten Ha Ra resetting mid fight.

Definitely needs a look. I remember her doing this very rarely on TLPs past but it is much, much, much worse now for some reason.

Dec 18, 2023
  45. dentalplan replied to the thread Wine xp quest.

The thing that's frustrating about this for players, just in case any daybreak employees are reading this, is that a quest like this gets...

Dec 17, 2023
  46. dentalplan replied to the thread Lokar To`Biath & Lady Shae removed.

Lokar is not needed for the Paladin epic at all.

Dec 15, 2023
  47. dentalplan replied to the thread Wine xp quest.

Just leave him in as a plat sink.

Dec 13, 2023
  48. dentalplan posted a new thread.

Let's switch up the Oakwynd PoP expansion bonus!

Since the economy on Oakwynd has been ruined, the +25% bonus coin drop advertised for PoP is even more pointless than it would be under...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Dec 10, 2023
  49. dentalplan replied to the thread Persona reduces Legacy experience.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the way personas currently work, you actually miss out on a 10% exp bonus regardless when using one...

Dec 8, 2023
  50. dentalplan replied to the thread Skillups / Tradeskill trophy not evolving while on persona.

The tradeskill reported my main char's skill level (over 200) and the combine chance chance reflected that correctly. Skill% items also...

Dec 6, 2023
  51. dentalplan replied to the thread Skillups / Tradeskill trophy not evolving while on persona.

^ After testing this a little further I'm pretty sure this is the issue. On a brand new persona, I was able to get skillups on normal...

Dec 6, 2023
  52. dentalplan liked Damion's post in the thread Skillups / Tradeskill trophy not evolving while on persona.

So, i made a persona to work fletching. 400 combines of non-trivial Mithril guardian arrows. 0 skillups, and 0% gained on Expert trophy....

Dec 6, 2023
  53. dentalplan replied to the thread Skillups / Tradeskill trophy not evolving while on persona.

I wonder if the issue is related to the fact that brand new personas do not have the new tanaan AAs that allow tradeskills to go over 200....

Dec 6, 2023
  54. dentalplan replied to the thread Further response to the Tradeskill Depot issue.

Absolutely incredible thing to say here.

Nov 30, 2023
  55. dentalplan replied to the thread "-responded with the urgency and gravity-".

There are a lot of players who choose not to engage with the krono system because they dislike rmt or find the system unfun or immersion...

Nov 27, 2023
  56. dentalplan replied to the thread "-responded with the urgency and gravity-".

I guess I'm a little confused about what your goal is here, do you just feel like hyperinflation needs some positive marketing or...

Nov 27, 2023
  57. dentalplan replied to the thread [Feedback] /Claim Mounts.

Agreed! I'll add the cockatrice mount from the RoS expansion to your list as another expac claim mount that isn't claimable until much...

Nov 26, 2023
  58. dentalplan liked Ferledon's post in the thread [Feedback] /Claim Mounts.

Any chance some of the older mounts available in /claim could be claimed on early TLPs? Example, I have a Carpet of Stratos /claim still...

Nov 26, 2023
  59. dentalplan replied to the thread "-responded with the urgency and gravity-".

Anyone who sold krono a few days before the market went nuts got completely screwed. Anyone who had a significant portion of their wealth...

Nov 25, 2023
  60. dentalplan replied to the thread FEEDBACK - Transfers from Rizlona to Aradune.

I suspect transfers won't be necessary for much longer

Nov 21, 2023
  61. dentalplan replied to the thread Human Innoruuk Cleric.

Go to Neriak. There's a quest specifically meant to give evil human clerics faction to use the temple there....

Nov 21, 2023
  62. dentalplan replied to the thread When will we hear anything about Luclin Compensation?.

I feel extremely confident that nothing will be done about this until after the new expansion comes out

Nov 21, 2023
  63. dentalplan liked Kenuven's post in the thread Fixed (Oakwynd) Legacy Bonus not applying to AAs.

I have 100% Legacy but it's gaining the same AA xp as an account with 10% Legacy.

Nov 16, 2023
  64. dentalplan replied to the thread Fixed (Oakwynd) Legacy Bonus not applying to AAs.

It would be helpful to either get a quick fix for this, or at least some kind of update about what is being done to address this. This was...

Nov 15, 2023