Chuuk's Recent Activity

1. Chuuk replied to the thread Hardcore Server.

Project Quarm kicks off in like 2 weeks - going to be pretty hardcore over there. ...and there's very little to no botting!

Sep 18, 2023
  2. Chuuk replied to the thread A simple way to add significant playstyle variety.

I'm not even sure what you're saying here...it should also be obvious that AA level requirements would have to be dropped as well.

Sep 6, 2023
  3. Chuuk replied to the thread A simple way to add significant playstyle variety.

It should be obvious that any changes would involve re-tuning damage and, yes, I understand that is also not likely to happen.

Sep 5, 2023
  4. Chuuk replied to the thread A simple way to add significant playstyle variety.

Thank you - that brings absolutely nothing of substance to the conversation. I think I would agree with @Skuz in that...

Sep 5, 2023
  5. Chuuk replied to the thread A simple way to add significant playstyle variety.

This isn't specifically the direction I would go, but really anything to gin up classic EQ would be cool. I think this type of change might...

Aug 22, 2023
  6. Chuuk replied to the thread SK/Shaman or Shaman/Pal.

I think you're good either way - the shaman can carry the group, while the SK/Pal tanks. Your DPS is going to be low/moderate either way,...

Aug 22, 2023
  7. Chuuk replied to the thread Favorite TLP to date?.

Ragefire, easy. The pre-instancing game was way more fun, IMO. Racing to raid mobs, having to actually try and find exp somewhere other...

Aug 21, 2023
  8. Chuuk replied to the thread What is your dream server ruleset?.

I'd like to see them bring back something that resembles a "hardcore" server but with some cool additions: Phinny as a base server Make it...

Jul 10, 2023
  9. Chuuk replied to the thread Is the Challenger's Perk Creating the Experience We Want?.

This is a masterclass on "How to talk past each other". ... FTE alone doesn't allow this exploit. The ~2-year old Challenger Perk alone...

Jul 5, 2023
  10. Chuuk replied to the thread Would you change the Classic Rogue class?.

I would be supportive of changing literally every class, and I would do it by re-vamping the AAs already in the game and bringing in a...

Jul 3, 2023
  11. Chuuk replied to the thread Qeynos Catacombs Loot Nerfs (why we can't have nice things).

Do both...?

Jun 27, 2023
  12. Chuuk replied to the thread Qeynos Catacombs Loot Nerfs (why we can't have nice things).

To play devil's advocate, that comment is almost like saying that DPG just used a better dead bolt on a door instead of trying to...

Jun 27, 2023
  13. Chuuk replied to the thread Is the Challenger's Perk Creating the Experience We Want?.

You started basically denying there was a problem and then switched to defending this because it has been around for a couple years. The...

Jun 26, 2023
  14. Chuuk replied to the thread Is the Challenger's Perk Creating the Experience We Want?.

Sounds like you're moving the goalposts a bit... I think all everyone else is stating is that this "perk" is allowing exploits and...

Jun 26, 2023
  15. Chuuk replied to the thread Is Oakwynd Already a Ghost Town? My First TLP Experience is a Major Letdown.

Insane that Kronos are 3500pp less than a month in...all the good PP spots must be on pure farm mode. I think I recall that on Coirnav,...

Jun 20, 2023
  16. Chuuk replied to the thread Personal Instances for Dungeons with respawns would have solved everything you wanted FTE to do.

I think doing this on demand and for free would be hugely problematic. But, as just about every single "idea" on these forums has been or...

May 19, 2023
  17. Chuuk replied to the thread Progression Server Prequel Content.

Makes for a nice edgy response, but it's clearly a wild misinterpretation of what the OP was asking for. New content in the spirit...

May 14, 2023
  18. Chuuk replied to the thread Classes you have never mained and why..

Ranger - played one back in 2000 for a few weeks until I realized their archery damage was crap. Never made another...but I do want to...

May 6, 2023
  19. Chuuk replied to the thread Which Class(es) will be best (fastest) at claiming a spawn? ie Instant cast stuff.

If you know the exact spawn point, pretty much any class can insta-melee with a macro and an AHK trigger going every 1ms. But from a...

Apr 24, 2023
  20. Chuuk liked Larsen's post in the thread What's your favorite idea to handle Resource Contention you'd like to see tried in a TLP?.

The respawn rate of regular mobs could definitely do with a boost. Characters on TLPs are so much stronger than they were back in the...

Apr 17, 2023
  21. Chuuk replied to the thread Bring back Focus Items.

But that's also a flawed argument because not all out-of-era things are created equal. Xtar, aggro meters, and click from bag are...

Apr 13, 2023
  22. Chuuk replied to the thread What's your favorite idea to handle Resource Contention you'd like to see tried in a TLP?.

I think EQ is big enough that you just need to spread people out. Obviously, that's not so simple because every pixel of EQ is known and...

Apr 10, 2023
  23. Chuuk replied to the thread Is all the Crying about Autofire Out of Group Stun Locking?.

I think this is a pretty good summary - for 99% of us, it's business as usual and for the top 1%, it will just take them a week or two...

Apr 10, 2023
  24. Chuuk replied to the thread Encounter locking - lets talk about it..

The biggest thing to me is that this will prevent / eliminate probably the most popular method of Plvling - AoE DS style. Basically, you...

Apr 10, 2023