Chaosflux's Recent Activity

1. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

I am inclined to think its a combination of aggro meter bug, paladin snap aggro being weak (for trying to get it back), weird proximity...

Oct 25, 2021 at 11:00 AM
  2. Chaosflux liked shiftie's post in the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Oct 24, 2021 at 8:56 AM
  3. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Are you attributing that loss to spike or aggravate or just in general the ability to create an overwhelming wave of aggro from all their...

Oct 23, 2021 at 6:45 PM
  4. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

I mean it's something we came up with when harmonious healed a much higher % of the HP bar, its definitely fell off abit in how powerful...

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:21 PM
  5. Chaosflux liked dubblestack's post in the thread Enchanter + Necro? Whats your thoughts.

how is there no synergy between the highest dps caster atm and the caster adps class lol wut...

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:11 PM
  6. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

No I was saying I think the spell is worth using after your post where you said it wasn't even worth memming. I listed some non...

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:00 PM
  7. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

I mean alot of the paladins harmonious usefulness is on a spectrum of how in tune your group mates/raid mates are as well, there's plenty...

Oct 23, 2021 at 1:49 AM
  8. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Overrides being unresistable is true, even mobs that are immune to magic, as long as they aren't immune to hate effects (I can't think of...

Oct 22, 2021 at 7:21 PM
  9. Chaosflux replied to the thread Enchanter + Necro? Whats your thoughts.

Oh yeh I'd do just do bard tbh, but Enchanter isn't horrible, could be worse I think for the type of named hunting and such regular folks...

Oct 22, 2021 at 6:28 AM
  10. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

I mean the gap is alot smaller than it was when those lines were released though now. I could see where someone (specifically a warrior)...

Oct 22, 2021 at 6:09 AM
  11. Chaosflux replied to the thread Enchanter + Necro? Whats your thoughts.

You can do missions, you just aren't doing challenges, but neither is any other 2 box combo in current content

Oct 21, 2021 at 6:48 PM
  12. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

That works too

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:17 AM
  13. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Show me a logfile of that happening because it certainly doesn't on live, I'll grant you it's plausible it could react oddly on zek and...

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:09 AM
  14. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Give it enough time and its going to circle back and he'll be telling us stuns and holy forge is the key.

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:03 AM
  15. Chaosflux liked shiftie's post in the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

The downward spiral continues from unique to routine.

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:02 AM
  16. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

The exclude self line is what makes any proc even those that were to meet mana or level reqs from landing from those as well.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:18 AM
  17. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

No

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:11 AM
  18. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Yeh procs don't work for Harmonious series of spells, no idea how a professed master wouldn't know that I do agree with you that that as...

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:10 AM
  19. Chaosflux replied to the thread Enchanter + Necro? Whats your thoughts.

Theres no current content I can think of that cannot be 2 boxed by the necro/chanter duo that could be by a necro and a healer box,...

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:07 AM
  20. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/paladin-cov-group-spell-line-up.273599/ Parses from Cragzop in there showing this...

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:18 PM
  21. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

You do not lose dps from swinging and casting this has been proven time and time again. And if you are trying to DPS you would use...

Oct 20, 2021 at 10:57 PM
  22. Chaosflux replied to the thread Mayong Mistmoor.

Right, but my post was 2 separate parts 1) being lore as I understood it and 2) being what I did in a campaign we had, I wasnt...

Oct 20, 2021 at 7:59 PM
  23. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

You do have spells that do damage while healing, they are some of the most effective spells if they land which is a real issue due to...

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:36 PM
  24. Chaosflux replied to the thread Enchanter + Necro? Whats your thoughts.

Enchanter is a far better partner than a druid for a necro, twin cast aura, iog, amp aura/MR, dicho add far more than Seasons Wrath and...

Oct 19, 2021 at 6:32 AM
  25. Chaosflux replied to the thread Mayong Mistmoor.

Ok you are definitely more schooled on Lore than I am, https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-51541 Where it says ageless am I...

Oct 19, 2021 at 6:08 AM
  26. Chaosflux liked IblisTheMage's post in the thread Never thought I'd say this, but I think my bunny mount needs an alignment.

We are still talking about EQ, right?

Oct 18, 2021
  27. Chaosflux liked aozs's post in the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

If the devs' response is to fix the lag, I'd see that as a win.

Oct 18, 2021
  28. Chaosflux liked Wulfhere's post in the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Right? Spamming Taunt on cool down had amazing effect on 20 mobs. It's so much better then Beacon and Lodestar combined! Keeping Guardian...

Oct 18, 2021
  29. Chaosflux liked Warpeace's post in the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Only reason I keep coming back to read this thread is for its insider information from Zek on how to play a Paladin correctly. Someone...

Oct 18, 2021
  30. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

It was great in ROF, Guardian had no counters, I think Holyforge dude is the one who ended up getting it nerfed too lol That was a...

Oct 18, 2021
  31. Chaosflux liked shiftie's post in the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Imagine a world where I didn’t get armor nerfed in beta and we didn’t have counters on the disc like the original iteration and it went...

Oct 18, 2021
  32. Chaosflux liked Szilent's post in the thread Enchanter + Necro? Whats your thoughts.

Twin aura & IoG are kiiiinda laser eye beamey...

Oct 18, 2021
  33. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Imagine getting a chub over stuff people were doing on day 1 of an expansion that came out 2 years ago. On TLP we were doing that area...

Oct 18, 2021
  34. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Tucoh for stacking up mobs in GD you have to strafe to force the rubber banding to go where you want it to, and figure eight like shiftie...

Oct 18, 2021
  35. Chaosflux replied to the thread Mayong Mistmoor.

Coterie are from mutagenic akhevan blood Trueborn are from Mayong Now in our tabletop EQ campaign and the E M U I programmed we made...

Oct 18, 2021
  36. Chaosflux replied to the thread Mayong Mistmoor.

Coterie vampires aren't related to Norrathian vampires Mayong was alive when the sleeper was locked in his tomb, he was not born a dark...

Oct 18, 2021
  37. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Again it's lagging the zone out, that's a known flaw in the zone design, it doesn't matter if its just 6 players in the zone, if you pull...

Oct 18, 2021
  38. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Do it in a zone that doesn't lag out, people have been abusing GD like that for 2 years now, this is old hat and a known design failure,...

Oct 18, 2021
  39. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Yeh that too lol

Oct 17, 2021
  40. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

I just beacon if adds pop on top of me, hallowed if at a distance, leap if I need to goto then idk all those are instant idk maybe it's...

Oct 17, 2021
  41. Chaosflux liked shiftie's post in the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Why do people act like they invented the wheel. Like we weren’t using splash for ae aggro at launch hi2u fungal forest raid. There was a...

Oct 17, 2021
  42. Chaosflux liked Lubianx's post in the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

The only time I get agro from splash is if I cast it as soon as adds spawn during the Sontalak raid. It isn't in range for anything else so...

Oct 17, 2021
  43. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Override is override, it skips adding additional values from the witness check past the yes/no part of the check

Oct 17, 2021
  44. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

We are talking numbers because this is an RPG and every mechanical system uses numbers to produce the results we see in game. You can...

Oct 17, 2021
  45. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Actually it doesn't work like that, Splash witness aggro never produces more than 100 hate, even if you heal 100 players

Oct 17, 2021
  46. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

You must not be very good at math or proportional relationships Splash at level 83 was 1477 base Splash at level 113 is 3967 base Burst...

Oct 17, 2021
  47. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Group/Splash healing are already rather limited, a large chunk of paladins utility has been stagnated, nerfed, and scaled back in the last...

Oct 17, 2021
  48. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Welp I see this thread is going well

Oct 16, 2021
  49. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Id go further and say if you don't use all your abilities, you haven't even hit the edge of what's possible yet. If it doesn't take afew...

Oct 13, 2021
  50. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Well Rept that's still more impressive then some of these cats who never even tried. Warrur need boosts clearly tho

Oct 13, 2021
  51. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

I mean the SK in the video the OP is talking about clicked glyph at about 8 minutes in Does that diminish his solo of Aaryonar? I don't...

Oct 13, 2021
  52. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

My guy I assure you if I can solo Aaryonar or Zland or whatever but it takes me using native to the game tricks like glyphs, 7th,...

Oct 12, 2021
  53. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

We are hereby removing your banshee bane title because you used 7th and Kiss of Emarr the council has spoken

Oct 12, 2021
  54. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Yeh its by no means "easy" it is however with enough practice and some luck firmly in possible territory. Now the amount of attempts where...

Oct 9, 2021
  55. Chaosflux replied to the thread SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115.

Doable if you have enough practice and skill. But the chances of you as an individual putting the time into a character to get the gear and...

Oct 9, 2021
  56. Chaosflux replied to the thread The Broken Mirror is Broke.

You skipped content tho. Finishing all acheesemints in era does suck and is more difficult than it should be or it was originally. Fun...

Oct 7, 2021
  57. Chaosflux replied to the thread The Broken Mirror is Broke.

TBM sucked when we did it on Miragul, I was able to get through it, but jfc some of those HA named doing hunter. And that was with TDS...

Oct 7, 2021
  58. Chaosflux liked Wulfhere's post in the thread Type 18/19 Defense Augs.

Lol ... do your homework and get back to us.

Oct 7, 2021
  59. Chaosflux liked Szilent's post in the thread Sk or Pally.

war dps weak, dev buff please.

Oct 7, 2021
  60. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Like we went 4 pages of solid solid suggestions, paladins from a myriad of playstyles, guild make ups, and skill levels contributed some...

Oct 5, 2021
  61. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Well I am sure the other 7 players on Zek are super amused with your elite paladin play. Maybe those of us playing on servers that...

Oct 5, 2021
  62. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Alot of that has to do with how stagnant our passive abilities are, how fast combat pacing is which makes healing reactively, like we...

Oct 5, 2021
  63. Chaosflux liked Fintank's post in the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

The only way paladins can keep respectable DPS vs Pure DPS classes is if they can keep Blessing of the Faithful up for the whole event and...

Oct 4, 2021
  64. Chaosflux liked Wulfhere's post in the thread Type 18/19 Defense Augs.

Also, knights tend to use Two-Handed Proficiency AA stance that suppresses SPA 259 Combat Stability effects so these augs (e.g. Blazing...

Oct 3, 2021
  65. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

The Timer 6 crush complaint in re: recast is valid, the spell is our least good for throughput on hate. Its only real use is for a 1-2...

Oct 3, 2021
  66. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Its heal is capped The lifetap proc on the Zealators Ambition has no limit Last time I bothered to looked my average heal on the...

Oct 3, 2021
  67. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Do you not play with any dps classes that have even a whiff of support? Yeh theres a couple undead fights you can do alright on . But...

Oct 3, 2021
  68. Chaosflux liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

We need our group heals brought down to 1 second cast time. We need our stuns brought down to instant cast time. Our undead combo nuke...

Oct 1, 2021
  69. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Alternative resource systems always felt better for tactical play, where you have to tactically build and use the resource. Where as the...

Oct 1, 2021
  70. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Mark as a meaningful passive healing source would actually be pretty cool

Oct 1, 2021
  71. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

That spell could really use a modern cast time. Or barring that being viral so that 1.5s cast is justified in faster paced situations...

Oct 1, 2021
  72. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Oh I definitely agree, it should be adjusted if they are going to address our live dps that would be the best way Roll steely into it, set...

Sep 30, 2021
  73. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Yeh what's Fury now like 200dps? I don't even think I am being hyperbolic. Thats like several orders of magnitude less than relevant at...

Sep 29, 2021
  74. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Especially with the shift in healing strategy since I want to say HOT/VOA to spamming quick heals (remedy/reckless/rejuvilation) our...

Sep 29, 2021
  75. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

I was thinking something like increasing the damage cap on the 451 threshold on Protest and the vie on Protective, but finding a way to...

Sep 28, 2021
  76. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Dps on live targets, our dps on undead is good enough it really doesn't need boosts, but our spell based dps verse live targets could...

Sep 28, 2021
  77. Chaosflux liked Warpeace's post in the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

The Audacity line could use some hastening, down to .4 would be nice. Down to .25 would be even better and reduce the cooldown since we...

Sep 27, 2021
  78. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

What why you no like the heroic leap animation? You want it without the fling to effect? How will I know when to turn the doom music on...

Sep 27, 2021
  79. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

In the original spell package for UF beta, glorious was not included, a paladin asked using the justification I laid out for getting a...

Sep 26, 2021
  80. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!).

No no more if you are using disruptive, that's a big nuke. I can usually keep it going about half the time if I am aggressively nuking....

Sep 24, 2021
  81. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!).

Its got a 45% chance to proc if you are chaining DP and nukes you can usually keep an ok uptime on it. If you really put effort in it...

Sep 24, 2021
  82. Chaosflux replied to the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Spell changes listed by Importance Burst - Reduce Quiet time Brilliant - add a % chance to add an additional twin heal charge, this spe...

Sep 24, 2021
  83. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!).

It wasn't a make them the driver thing for the entirety of thr groups existence, it was more a tactical "when warrior has main burns...

Sep 14, 2021
  84. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!).

Pretty sure he was talking the probably next expansion thats probably luclin based Wulf. But yeh theres some good undead in Luclin lore,...

Sep 9, 2021
  85. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!).

Paladin is fine for that, though you might get more dps when you really push it to have Pal tank with sword board and have war go ham...

Sep 9, 2021
  86. Chaosflux replied to the thread Sk or Pally.

Maed that's what makes a box good for you, thats not a universal thing, I am absolutely willing to put more effort into a box to get more...

Sep 7, 2021
  87. Chaosflux liked Bigstomp's post in the thread Sk or Pally.

With a pally+bard on live, anything that does good dps. Pally can generally heal themselves, and dead mobs stop hitting you. Maybe a...

Sep 6, 2021
  88. Chaosflux replied to the thread Sk or Pally.

Yeh like its not optimal, but to make it sound like it's thr absolute worst is just silly, I started boxing one because I wanted 2 gnomes...

Sep 6, 2021
  89. Chaosflux replied to the thread Sk or Pally.

Necro is extremely dominant DPS in the type of durations and pulling methods a Paladin has, combined with the ability to get anywhere, rez...

Sep 6, 2021
  90. Chaosflux replied to the thread Sk or Pally.

Thats incredibly hyperbolic, necro isn't S tier as a partner for Paladin, but its definitely a better choice than say wizard, cleric,...

Sep 6, 2021
  91. Chaosflux replied to the thread Ranger Bis Weapons per Expansion.

Yeh dual elf shoes is a good setup

Aug 4, 2021
  92. Chaosflux replied to the thread Ranger Bis Weapons per Expansion.

Procs can be resisted Go with Jagged Blade of Ice and Turmoil blade. Death's head is good alternatively if you tank for groups outside of...

Aug 4, 2021
  93. Chaosflux replied to the thread Paladin self healing, poor scaling issue.

No I didn't, I consider that mitigation and was only comparing healing though we should prob compare that vie amount to average round...

Aug 2, 2021
  94. Chaosflux posted a new thread.

Paladin self healing, poor scaling issue

So I recently played through on a TLP as Paladin and when I got bored during a long expac leveled another paladin on live. At 100ish our...

Forum: Tanks

Aug 2, 2021
  95. Chaosflux replied to the thread Pally - What is it all like?.

Kind of what's been said already, there's alot of micromanaging and understanding of mechanics and forethought on tactical application of...

Aug 2, 2021
  96. Chaosflux replied to the thread War Ranged Hate.

Yeh that's generally how I use it, usually falling into a pattern of valiant > honor > nukeheal with protective woven in to refresh its...

Jul 27, 2021
  97. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

In your 4 to 8 example in COV content, you aren't losing dps by casting lifetaps, your riposte rate and swing rate isn't high enough that,...

Jul 26, 2021
  98. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Unless you have consistent HHE (its arguable even then, you'd need other things going additionally to the HHE), you don't lose an...

Jul 25, 2021
  99. Chaosflux replied to the thread War Ranged Hate.

It creates base damage hate On undead it creates 9500 live its 5000, rough numbers not staring at the parser, the autocast undead...

Jul 16, 2021
  100. Chaosflux replied to the thread War Ranged Hate.

Though the gain from weaving sincere in is miniscule (do you even have time to cast it?) Crush crush protest valiant on a multibind with...

Jul 15, 2021
  101. Chaosflux replied to the thread War Ranged Hate.

Yeh i guess thats a fair point i was more thinking lesson and force of derp, I haven't memmed those since like VOA.

Jul 15, 2021
  102. Chaosflux replied to the thread War Ranged Hate.

Protest is instant, crushes need to be instant and we've been asking for almost a decade, and yes that is a QOL change. Stuns easily...

Jul 15, 2021
  103. Chaosflux replied to the thread War Ranged Hate.

To be fair the change he is asking for is also a QOL, dude just being silly about how he brought it up.

Jul 15, 2021
  104. Chaosflux replied to the thread Third Box For Necro Bard Team.

1 item 1 spell 1 song 1AA can all have same effect in same slot for SPA15 Lucy stacking conflicts only keeps track of spa slot, so you...

Jul 14, 2021
  105. Chaosflux replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Not really that far if you are comparing similar methodology 3 reckless + surge spam is pretty close in throughput to 2 remedy 2...

Jul 14, 2021
  106. Chaosflux replied to the thread War Ranged Hate.

You mean paladins SK already have plenty of unresistable instant cast aggro abilities War range should absolutely equal knights range...

Jul 14, 2021
  107. Chaosflux replied to the thread Earth Pet and Aggro.

Root hasn't worked like that in awhile though. Earth pet doesn't have good aggro, give it conflagrant knight 1handers, or warrior...

Jul 13, 2021
  108. Chaosflux replied to the thread Third Box For Necro Bard Team.

Stacks just fine its a song

Jul 13, 2021
  109. Chaosflux replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Cleric DPS is atrocious and should be boosted massively, I don't think it will happen, but it should given their relative position to other...

Jul 12, 2021
  110. Chaosflux replied to the thread Specialize Evocation aug still worth it?.

Losing dps to gain total damage is good actually since on extended durations total damage > all.

Jul 6, 2021
  111. Chaosflux replied to the thread Raccoons and why they should be a part of Norrath.

Because they are the best, sorry thought it was obvious.

Jul 4, 2021
  112. Chaosflux replied to the thread Specialize Evocation aug still worth it?.

Zalamyr on point. Its like compound interest, even if you don't understand it, when it works in your favor, you want it.

Jul 2, 2021
  113. Chaosflux replied to the thread Specialize Evocation aug still worth it?.

Wait for ooc, ain't nobody got time for that

Jul 2, 2021
  114. Chaosflux replied to the thread Bard slow?.

Slow mitigation has bit more of a band than that, though your numbers are good rules of thumb, since it is set by mob though generally...

Jul 2, 2021
  115. Chaosflux replied to the thread Min/Maxing Classes Questions!.

Clerics don't really care about heal amount in a "i am going to concentrate my aug choices around this stat" sense because its not that big...

Jul 1, 2021
  116. Chaosflux replied to the thread Specialize Evocation aug still worth it?.

I play on a TLP so this affects my opinion and playstyle substantially, I don't really have the option of playing casually. Generally...

Jul 1, 2021
  117. Chaosflux replied to the thread Specialize Evocation aug still worth it?.

Necros/Wizards/Enchanters/Druids can all burn mana like crazy in the group game, with very little in the way to return, even my mage...

Jul 1, 2021
  118. Chaosflux replied to the thread 3 box minimum raiding.

Weird I skipped HOT and went into VOA with Convorteum/T8 group gear and don't remember it being that bad, had to get some gear before I...

Jun 30, 2021
  119. Chaosflux replied to the thread What QOL things would you like to see added to EQ?.

Ahh, well I mean I guess it would create a use for the useless touch/mending/vida lines, since Touch wasn't included in the recent patch (I...

Jun 30, 2021
  120. Chaosflux replied to the thread What QOL things would you like to see added to EQ?.

Lubianx have you ever tried to burst/light one of the NPCs that is flagged healable? I could have sworn they land, since they are toggled...

Jun 29, 2021
  121. Chaosflux posted a new thread.

Raccoons and why they should be a part of Norrath

Unless I am mistaken, I don't think there are raccoons in Norrath, but there should be. Or like some kind of raccoon based anthromorphic...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jun 29, 2021
  122. Chaosflux replied to the thread Give palidans a group weap next exp that is a blade please.

Honestly they should mix up the procs alittle on war only weapons and knights. Knights getting constant rune weapons is kind of boring,...

Jun 29, 2021
  123. Chaosflux replied to the thread Stormwall Coalition.

Dps crush, brilliant, requiem, 2 of the nukeheals, requires 2 paladins nuking (so 3 total), 1 can only get it to fulm in 0 lag like this or...

Jun 27, 2021
  124. Chaosflux replied to the thread 3 box minimum raiding.

Nah you don't need 3 healer mercs, maybe 1 till you get some T6/T7 gear, you just have to use the Sk and shaman abilities appropriately,...

Jun 27, 2021
  125. Chaosflux replied to the thread 3 box minimum raiding.

Underfoot if you are talking group content only, is easily done by Sk/Shm/Mag in group gear, I ran through that stuff with that exact team...

Jun 22, 2021
  126. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

I think most people are tied to slow because they haven't actually parsed how little it does in current content. Last time I really...

Jun 22, 2021
  127. Chaosflux replied to the thread 3 box minimum raiding.

Yeh on Miragul there were expansions I had group gear in a ton of slots and just took a dump on every mission/challenger/acheesemint so far...

Jun 22, 2021
  128. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

Syylke pretty much covered it I'll just reiterate the dmg it adds to lifetaps doesn't crit blast, but it does crit heal, so it averages...

Jun 22, 2021
  129. Chaosflux replied to the thread 3 box minimum raiding.

What later expansions are you talking about? Because you can tank pretty much anything including raids MTing/OTing with group gear in...

Jun 21, 2021
  130. Chaosflux replied to the thread suggestion: consolidate damage spam.

The in game readable text has never been a good metric of measurement for how good a person is or is not, we were using parsers (granted...

Jun 21, 2021
  131. Chaosflux replied to the thread suggestion: consolidate damage spam.

DPS overlay draws a much clearer more realistic picture for you then the combat spam window ever will. You aren't going to get a good...

Jun 21, 2021
  132. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Ahh i misunderstood. Yeh clerics gain far less from support, not nothing but for Joe shmoe the chain remedier very little, I was more...

Jun 21, 2021
  133. Chaosflux replied to the thread 3 box minimum raiding.

Sk/Shm/Mag stays strong from day 1 to live, with peaks and valleys in relative strength compared to content, but its never not able to do...

Jun 21, 2021
  134. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Idk cleric seems like it might beat warrior in needing handholding in modern EQ.

Jun 21, 2021
  135. Chaosflux replied to the thread Favorite NPC models and/or underused character models.

Ooh there's a mage i haven't seen along time.

Jun 19, 2021
  136. Chaosflux replied to the thread Favorite NPC models and/or underused character models.

Telmiras Additionally I want the flood telmira illusion rotated back in the DBC store

Jun 19, 2021
  137. Chaosflux replied to the thread Aradune dead for leveling now..

Yeh eventually glyphs become a big part of life, I spend like 400 a week on raids (in later expansions) and burn through another 200 - 300...

Jun 18, 2021
  138. Chaosflux replied to the thread A server without Auto-Grant AA... Interest?.

They did that it was called Combine

Jun 18, 2021
  139. Chaosflux liked Slasher's post in the thread A server without Auto-Grant AA... Interest?.

They should start season servers that unlock expansions 1 week after the previous one was beat and lets see how fast people can race to the...

Jun 18, 2021
  140. Chaosflux liked Elskidor's post in the thread Best 3 box combo with what I have..

You're going to want a real tank so the SK is a lock, IMO. Probably go Mage and Chanter for the other 2.

Jun 18, 2021
  141. Chaosflux replied to the thread Mage Pet Or Merc For Tank.

Idk who you heard that from but that doesn't sound right at all, merc tanks are not very strong between host in the shell, 2nd ward, pet...

Jun 18, 2021
  142. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Yeh revamped dots raw dog the mana bar no doubt. My necro is in a perpetual state of being between 5% and 25% mana once i start going, it...

Jun 18, 2021
  143. Chaosflux liked Petalonyx's post in the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

This is a timely discussion for me. I'm in the same boat as Flatchy, being group geared and feeling good without a terror. The spell...

Jun 18, 2021
  144. Chaosflux replied to the thread Best 3 box combo with what I have..

Enc mitigates a large chunk of AE damage with their very strong runes and spell guards, glyph spray, reactive rune, and mage can...

Jun 18, 2021
  145. Chaosflux replied to the thread Best 3 box combo with what I have..

Sk Mage chanter, Sk Necro Chanter Chanter can reduce such a magnitude of risk and damage that I generally if I am doing only 3 will almost...

Jun 18, 2021
  146. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

Yeh its a good thing to have both, I keep mine in my first bag slot, ill switch to it on as needed basis, but generally walk into most raid...

Jun 18, 2021
  147. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

If we cross section a single minute You can cast 10 terrors in a minute 2 of those will prevent 90k damage since its 20% proc You could...

Jun 18, 2021
  148. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Do you actually need the 90k recourse? Casting on recast does sacrifice DPS cast opportunities which will invariably lower your dps, where...

Jun 18, 2021
  149. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Oof I've got 325k buffed at 110 in raid gear And yeh stance is such a spell slot drain, we usually have shamans cast that, because they...

Jun 17, 2021
  150. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Initial doesn't matter to protest it acts as if it has an override regardless of how its "supposed" to work. Its perfectly fine to tag...

Jun 17, 2021
  151. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Yeh theres a slight difference in playstyle, I am more a pull everything and its cousins and let's burn it type lol I have no chill, and I...

Jun 17, 2021
  152. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Yeh been messing with it this morning, regrettably it doesn't change my spell priority too much since Its more efficient to cast a flurry...

Jun 17, 2021
  153. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

I've been using Boromas belt on my necro, ill have to make a threads belt

Jun 17, 2021
  154. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

What really? I must be old I thought it excluded: repeating hit points spa

Jun 17, 2021
  155. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Id definitely ask on the EQ discord too, Denyu is pretty active there and he's Very good, I am just a Paladin that likes number crunching...

Jun 17, 2021
  156. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

Like I am not saying you have to use it or you are bad if you don't, I was trying to provide the correct information since if you were...

Jun 17, 2021
  157. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Oh additionally since you didn't mention keeping up Spear You have almost 30% uptime on Quickspear, which during that time frame you can...

Jun 17, 2021
  158. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

It doesn't mean you are taking 25% less damage, thats not how it works lol which i covered in my previous post somewhere up top. You are...

Jun 17, 2021
  159. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Idk if micromanagement of an additional stance is really a solid idea, however if it came with caveat that we would be able to use our...

Jun 16, 2021
  160. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Right, in any expansion without undead, which is the majority, its pretty ehhh ok. Though I definitely wish Slay would have went away...

Jun 16, 2021
  161. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Oh and to touch on the same thing Szilent already mentioned things like Influence, VOD, Spire, etc if you are trying to maximize dps need...

Jun 16, 2021
  162. Chaosflux replied to the thread SKs, what is your sustained dps?.

Only thing I'd ask is have you compared a damage breakdown of trying afew different methods? Several of your dots have a 3s quiet time (off...

Jun 16, 2021
  163. Chaosflux replied to the thread Longterm flaws in everquest.

Are you sure that's how it works? Because I've soloed ROF raids and gotten way better chests :/

Jun 16, 2021
  164. Chaosflux replied to the thread Longterm flaws in everquest.

Yeh didn't they nerf old raid chests too, I coulda swore when UF was current we got like 25k per chest crack, I went to get Hand of Serilis...

Jun 16, 2021
  165. Chaosflux replied to the thread Longterm flaws in everquest.

Yeh I think I dropped 2 or 3m on day one of ROS, which like thats no big deal on a live server where there's been 19 years of plat accrued...

Jun 16, 2021
  166. Chaosflux replied to the thread Longterm flaws in everquest.

Holy F the TBM HAs, I remember doing Into the Temple B on live I used to solo it in like <10 minutes as a paladin, I came into it on...

Jun 16, 2021
  167. Chaosflux liked Petalonyx's post in the thread Longterm flaws in everquest.

Over time, combat pacing has become too spammy, less tactical, and more zzz. That's fine in some areas, but not all. Need at least some...

Jun 16, 2021
  168. Chaosflux replied to the thread Longterm flaws in everquest.

Longterm flaws? They rarely go back and fix old issues (this has been less of a problem since TLP but still a thing), when an issue is...

Jun 16, 2021
  169. Chaosflux replied to the thread Darkened Brell's Keg Popper.

Proc Yes for some classes

Jun 16, 2021
  170. Chaosflux liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Optimal Type 18/19 Configuration for Tanks.

Do what you want. Our stats are so inflated it doesn't matter anymore.

Jun 16, 2021
  171. Chaosflux replied to the thread [Request] Move Thwart Disc to Short Duration Window.

Sure id totally be cool with this change if they gave paladins an equivalent to Reaver's Bargain, you know so I can use that instead of...

Jun 15, 2021
  172. Chaosflux replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

Fair Point Swap one of your necros for an enchanter and it becomes alot more doable in group gear if you are going for a optimized...

Jun 14, 2021
  173. Chaosflux replied to the thread Burning Lands now F2P ?.

RIP Blackburrow

Jun 14, 2021
  174. Chaosflux liked Sobmre's post in the thread [Requests/suggestions] - Next expansion and beyond.

i would suggest making more rare utility clicky items drops, like in the DODH missions,

Jun 14, 2021
  175. Chaosflux replied to the thread [Requests/suggestions] - Next expansion and beyond.

Mayong Mistmoore misses us

Jun 14, 2021
  176. Chaosflux replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

Yeh I suppose I can, I am on a truebox server (in ROS), but my mages computer can probably do a stream or whatever its not a complete...

Jun 14, 2021
  177. Chaosflux replied to the thread [Request] Move Thwart Disc to Short Duration Window.

Hard pass, Wulf already said why, I hit this before I zone incase I come in hot on raids or if I left my Fellowship fire in a suboptimal...

Jun 14, 2021
  178. Chaosflux replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

Thats not true at all Tucoh, the problem with a necro/DOT class stacked group is usually the weak point is the tank, which throttles their...

Jun 14, 2021
  179. Chaosflux replied to the thread Pally healing.

It also sounds like you are addressing a wholly seperate aspect of healing then i am since you are talking about bursting xtargets, I am...

Jun 13, 2021
  180. Chaosflux replied to the thread Pally healing.

Aozs already covered what I would have in my rebuttal. Yeh ill use 2 bursts for spikey damage (massive swarms/boss tanking etc) reactive...

Jun 13, 2021
  181. Chaosflux replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

Absolutely should yeh

Jun 9, 2021
  182. Chaosflux replied to the thread Power leveling 85-110 spots or tricks.

Big same I flip between the 2 forts up that way and the trash mobs surrounding that area, pull to area between the forts, pull the...

Jun 8, 2021
  183. Chaosflux replied to the thread Power leveling 85-110 spots or tricks.

FM to 108 ST to 110 is what I do on Miragul (110 capped) takes me about 10 11 hours generally do it in 1 shot. With 115 characters id...

Jun 8, 2021
  184. Chaosflux replied to the thread Best Box For Necro.

Bard or another necro

Jun 4, 2021
  185. Chaosflux replied to the thread What was the original scope of EQ.

Theres a dude on YouTube whos name i can't remember that did a pretty solid history video. Iirc he posts on the forums (usually TLP...

Jun 1, 2021
  186. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

You sure it works on IJ? The Proc strike has (10) mana cost and potential has a minimum line of (100). 6 DPs a minute, like 24 spellbar...

May 29, 2021
  187. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

Oh basically it was 75% slow and a much higher version of cripple. Even at 75% slow, I often would use the damage proc belt from TBM (and...

May 28, 2021
  188. Chaosflux liked Axel's post in the thread Any performance difference?.

You guild sucks and likely did 0 dot testing (hurr durr bards have a lot of dots despite their average tick being higher than necros). Over...

May 28, 2021
  189. Chaosflux replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

Whoa let's not throw terms like gigarek around here, they compete if they use the proper tactics, especially post nerfs to traps and...

May 27, 2021
  190. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

If you are an SK threads belt is massively good since damage calc precedes heal calc you get more out of the flat damage then I do as a...

May 27, 2021
  191. Chaosflux replied to the thread Paladin + ? for boxing?.

Reptile doesn't stack with Ward of Tunare, and that evolves into the Preservatio line which has a needed aggro modifier for grouping and...

May 27, 2021
  192. Chaosflux replied to the thread Why did you bother buffing Necros?.

They should always be competitive they are a dps class If they aren't competitive its because the groups tank sucks and isn't pulling...

May 27, 2021
  193. Chaosflux replied to the thread Tank Belts.

Paladin and SK BIS is Threads belt, slow belt being a distant second choice, especially if what you are fighting as alot of Strikethrough.

May 27, 2021
  194. Chaosflux replied to the thread Othmir Shaman Merc is having an identity crisis.

If you have a real cleric you (if cant fill group) use a dps merc? Like I mean the 1 cleric isn't going to have issue keeping the...

May 24, 2021
  195. Chaosflux replied to the thread Shaman Twinheal vs Cleric Twinheal.

I found using my 2nd xtar as Target's target was better for quick toggling targets, and since its Xtar keybind as opposed to social assist...

May 24, 2021
  196. Chaosflux replied to the thread Congrats Coirnav clearing Underfoot.

Nah later expacs you just need 1 expansion back top group gear on the tank, when ROS was live i knocked out End of Empires with a box...

May 19, 2021
  197. Chaosflux replied to the thread Old Raids (HoT, Under, etc) player mins.

It requires 6 to activate the script unless they changed it again (having lowered it from 18 to 6 in 2017)

May 18, 2021
  198. Chaosflux replied to the thread Should we be able to hide our mana bars from others?.

The dps meter shows instantly if they aren't pulling their weight so idk what you mean

May 18, 2021
  199. Chaosflux replied to the thread Palidan with mage box.

Paladin Shaman Magician If you are going to box with a pal on TLP you really need 3 it makes it alot easier when you have to do stuff...

May 16, 2021