Captain Video's Recent Activity

1. Captain Video replied to the thread Achievements Ruined the Spirt of the Game.

Gerbils no way! I run with the hamsters. You can keep your spiffy mounts, I go with server speed. Oh wait...

Oct 27, 2020 at 4:09 PM
  2. Captain Video replied to the thread Achievements Ruined the Spirt of the Game.

A quick check tells me I currently have 3,156 achievements on Steam, and I've 100%'ed 23 games. That's not really a lot, since I...

Oct 26, 2020 at 9:54 PM
  3. Captain Video replied to the thread FIX YOUR WEBSITE.

You have gotten better at ForumQuesting! (300)

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:34 PM
  4. Captain Video liked Nniki's post in the thread Camping 28+ slot bags?.

Beta server displays item and spell IDs in inspection windows. Ex. spell: [IMG]

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:29 AM
  5. Captain Video replied to the thread Tracking collectibles.

Maybe the Dragon Hoard will have a Collections tab? We can but dream.

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:28 AM
  6. Captain Video replied to the thread Camping 28+ slot bags?.

I have yet to see a 44-slot bag in EQ. There is such a thing in EQ2 now, are we sure we're not mixing up the two?

Oct 25, 2020 at 2:13 PM
  7. Captain Video replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

Oh dear. It was a joke post. :D I was riffing on the fact there are so many threads now from people asking for nonsensical things.

Oct 25, 2020 at 9:42 AM
  8. Captain Video replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

Fact: Socrates never said it. Neither Plato nor any other published Greek philosopher attributed any such statement to him. It's an...

Oct 25, 2020 at 9:02 AM
  9. Captain Video replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

This coming from a guy who persistently Karens against ToV XP formulas despite the fact you've never spent five minutes in ToV...

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:20 PM
  10. Captain Video replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

You can play the game just fine with minimal time, there are just certain things you won't be able to do. It's how the game works....

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:14 PM
  11. Captain Video replied to the thread Camping 28+ slot bags?.

I once got a 28-slot bag dropped from an HA, but now I can't remember which one it was. Despite all the same rumors, I have never seen a...

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:36 AM
  12. Captain Video replied to the thread FIX YOUR WEBSITE.

You do realize I was joking, right? :rolleyes:

Oct 23, 2020 at 8:43 PM
  13. Captain Video replied to the thread FIX YOUR WEBSITE.

I know what we could do... We could upgrade to the forum software SOE used to use before we upgraded to this!

Oct 23, 2020 at 7:00 PM
  14. Captain Video replied to the thread FIX YOUR WEBSITE.

If I may make a technical observation: DNS resolution times may be a factor. That performance can quickly swing 10-20x in either...

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:57 PM
  15. Captain Video replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

I knew someone was going to say this. :) Re-read the OP. He's not asking for a permanent increase to the bonus, he's asking for...

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:35 PM
  16. Captain Video replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

I'm sorry, but the bolded statement is patently false. (And I'm assuming you mean expansions, not levels.) There are family-friendly...

Oct 23, 2020 at 4:02 PM
  17. Captain Video replied to the thread Dragon Hoard Info?.

Housing for storage space is essentially a plat sink, I'm guessing Dragon Hoard will be the same on a larger scale. More of this is...

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:45 AM
  18. Captain Video replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

As I said in my last post, EQ has thousands of hours of content. There is plenty for a solo player on a limited schedule to...

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:10 AM
  19. Captain Video replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

Precisely why what you ask for will never happen. This is not a single-player RPG, it's a MMO. There are thousands of hours of...

Oct 23, 2020 at 3:28 AM
  20. Captain Video replied to the thread PREORDERS ARE UP!.

They have not been consistent over the last few years in unlocking the second expansion back when a new expansion launches. At one...

Oct 22, 2020 at 11:07 AM
  21. Captain Video replied to the thread Named from past expansions.

I want ? marks above the heads of every NPC who has a quest available. My play time is limited, I can't make the same commitments as the...

Oct 22, 2020 at 10:59 AM
  22. Captain Video replied to the thread Feature request.

Still not sure why the OP's count of paid vs. free accounts is relevant. If it's a paid account, you simply move the XP slider to 100% AA,...

Oct 20, 2020
  23. Captain Video replied to the thread Trying something different.

I don't remember there being any outdoor traps in ME. The typical problems in that zone are high mob density in certain spots...

Oct 19, 2020
  24. Captain Video replied to the thread Rune Binding Powder.

it should be a random global drop off any caster in the 76-100 range. I think I have seen one drop from a level 78 (meaning I would ignore...

Oct 18, 2020
  25. Captain Video liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Bring back the *REAL* GM events.

What guide events there are that do happen are usually listed in the "Guide Event" sub forum here so if you want to catch one that would be...

Oct 18, 2020
  26. Captain Video replied to the thread PoK robe exchange NPC.

Malcohm Thimbleton is locked until GoD. You should be able to find him on Mangler. Note that there is only a very small list of robes he...

Oct 18, 2020
  27. Captain Video replied to the thread Feature request.

Just for the record: F2P/Silver players can't move the XP slider, they're stuck with 50% of each until their AA caps, which for F2P is a...

Oct 18, 2020
  28. Captain Video replied to the thread Feature request.

I don't know about any Glyph of Fireworks. i know about Glyph of Stored Experience, but that's a level 90+ thing (Glyph of Glowing Exp is a...

Oct 18, 2020
  29. Captain Video replied to the thread Feature request.

Shrouds.

Oct 18, 2020
  30. Captain Video replied to the thread New Expansion: Claws of Veeshan.

So one of these is Veeshan, and I'm supposed to guess? Because if it was based on an '80s do, I was going to guess Limahl.

Oct 18, 2020
  31. Captain Video replied to the thread Legendary: A Return to Service.

There have been a few GM-run events on Aradune, at least. A few threads in the TLP forum have discussed them. As for the rest, there...

Oct 17, 2020
  32. Captain Video replied to the thread New Expansion: Claws of Veeshan.

It has to be big enough to compare favorably to the multi-lot housing options people use now. I'm guessing a 1K-slot storage that can't be...

Oct 16, 2020
  33. Captain Video liked Leigo's post in the thread Six zones? SIX ZONES?.

[IMG] Veeshan is watching

Oct 16, 2020
  34. Captain Video replied to the thread Six zones? SIX ZONES?.

Grace Slick at her finest. And dragon #6. [media]

Oct 15, 2020
  35. Captain Video replied to the thread More Character Slots.

My solution: Add two more character slots per account, available in the Marketplace, and then add one new class. Make it something that...

Oct 15, 2020
  36. Captain Video replied to the thread Why can’t they?.

They've already done a pseudo-crowdfunding thing a little while back, it was called "Lifetime Memberships". To this day, I don't...

Oct 14, 2020
  37. Captain Video replied to the thread We are waiting........Dev's.

In the words of John Mayer, we are "Waiting... on the world to change."

Oct 14, 2020
  38. Captain Video replied to the thread New Expansion: Claws of Veeshan.

I fear the housing market in EQ is about to collapse.

Oct 14, 2020
  39. Captain Video replied to the thread Math for /Con Levels.

I think this has changed at some point. I just tested it on an alt I am levelling on Vox, and at level 21 it /conned a level 15 mob...

Oct 14, 2020
  40. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 10/13/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Unfortunately, after the patch the Test server right-clicked on itself and something bad happened.

Oct 13, 2020
  41. Captain Video replied to the thread Bonuses: Changes of Fall .... a Bonus?.

Absolute nonsense. Where are you getting this? Do you even play on a Live server? You're certainly not getting this from your TLP,...

Oct 12, 2020
  42. Captain Video replied to the thread Feedback - Extended target Highlights raid MA target.

I could say something here, but I won't.

Oct 11, 2020
  43. Captain Video liked Cragzop's post in the thread Extreme differences in AA XP gain between characters.

There is a negative penalty when you xp in a previous expansion when you are above the max level for that expansion when it was current (ie...

Oct 10, 2020
  44. Captain Video liked Kolani's post in the thread In Anguish Over Anguish.

TLP player detected! You have always been able to request Citadel of Anguish as a group not in raid format, one of the big things to do...

Oct 8, 2020
  45. Captain Video replied to the thread Any word on when Account to Account transfers will be available?.

LoN was a Smed thing, kind of a delayed reaction after shutting down the Denver studio. Most of the people involved with LoN in...

Oct 8, 2020
  46. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

See, this is the cultural problem I've tried to highlight. I say one word on this subject, and a whole gang of people go into a frenzy in...

Oct 8, 2020
  47. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

As always, not entirely accurate. I said it doesn't need to be flagged on Live, level 68 gets you in automatically, which is a fact;...

Oct 8, 2020
  48. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

I have a much better solution: I play on Live. Have done for many years, off and on. I don't have to deal with MotM, or AoC wars, or...

Oct 7, 2020
  49. Captain Video replied to the thread Any word on when Account to Account transfers will be available?.

In addition to all the reasons cited above, I suspect there is an additional element of paranoia involved. Things broke when they first...

Oct 7, 2020
  50. Captain Video replied to the thread Collector's Chests?.

The last drop of a Denizen's chest I remember getting was a couple of years ago, it was while I was levelling a shroud in CR. I don't...

Oct 6, 2020
  51. Captain Video liked Nniki's post in the thread Collector's Chests?.

I've seen the Denizens ones drop in zones up through CotF (including PoWar iirc). I don't think I've seen them drop in any zones of...

Oct 6, 2020
  52. Captain Video replied to the thread Collector's Chests?.

It was my impression when they first came out that both chests were global ultra-rare drops. The Doll's chests were in the Marketplace for...

Oct 6, 2020
  53. Captain Video liked Aanuvane's post in the thread Melee research.

Here's the detailed page I created for trying to teach people research basics at EQTC. I'll try to more clearly all out the paragraph...

Oct 6, 2020
  54. Captain Video replied to the thread Coming back.

It's part of the TSS progression line, so it sounds like you might have completed a portion of the Hero's Journey already. There is a...

Oct 6, 2020
  55. Captain Video replied to the thread Casters having Throwing?.

Excellent question. My mage alt contemplated it for a while, and was thrown for a loop.

Oct 5, 2020
  56. Captain Video replied to the thread C'Mon....

It was never her decision, that's the publisher's decision. The entire game industry works that way. In any case, when EQ1 and its...

Oct 5, 2020
  57. Captain Video replied to the thread C'Mon....

Holly isn't the producer anymore. It looks particularly odd since the studios split, since they still have the same publisher, and DBG is...

Oct 5, 2020
  58. Captain Video replied to the thread C'Mon....

But they're already making the subscriptions available via Steam, they've been doing that for several years. If they're willing to...

Oct 5, 2020
  59. Captain Video liked Fanra's post in the thread Free to play questions....

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Free_to_play#Membership_matrix

Oct 5, 2020
  60. Captain Video liked Zamiam's post in the thread Free to play questions....

Silver Account Features : A5 mercs General Channel 2 more character slots 1000 AA cap higher loyalty token /mo Housing (iirc , F2p can...

Oct 5, 2020
  61. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Need vs. greed is the whole point here. Singing Steel is also class-specific, so it's natural gameplay for a Bard to seek to complete...

Oct 5, 2020
  62. Captain Video replied to the thread C'Mon....

Hey! Trip down memory lane, that. Didn't realize those had been preserved. TY.

Oct 4, 2020
  63. Captain Video liked Nniki's post in the thread C'Mon....

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/steam-client-needs-a-few-achievements.520965/

Oct 4, 2020
  64. Captain Video replied to the thread C'Mon....

That would do it. Steam region-locks their game keys for AAA titles now, but then people use VPNs to spoof their region, and then...

Oct 4, 2020
  65. Captain Video replied to the thread C'Mon....

As I understand how Steam works, the behind-the-scenes costs are already being paid just to have the store page up and the ability to...

Oct 4, 2020
  66. Captain Video replied to the thread C'Mon....

The one essentially zero-cost thing they could do to advertise is to have a more official presence on Steam. Both the DCUO and PS2 teams...

Oct 4, 2020
  67. Captain Video replied to the thread Free to play questions....

If you played many years ago, and ever subscribed, do everything you can to login to your old account. If it says "Silver" on the character...

Oct 4, 2020
  68. Captain Video replied to the thread Please?.

It seems like every month or so, there's another one of these threads asking for AoCs on Live. The main argument against is server...

Oct 4, 2020
  69. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

This thread was never about a Fishbone Earring. It was about how sad the TLP culture has become that people feel the need to stage huge...

Oct 4, 2020
  70. Captain Video liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

I knew, given enough time, you would eventually post something factually accurate.

Oct 3, 2020
  71. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

The original claim was watching Netflix, later changed to writing e-mail. In the middle of the thread he/she said this (emphasis...

Oct 3, 2020
  72. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Contradict yourself much, do you?

Oct 3, 2020
  73. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

He didn't specifically, but he did claim he was KS'ed by a solo druid, which I don't see possible if his mage was much higher level...

Oct 3, 2020
  74. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

There you go. :) As I pointed out earlier in the thread, Rangers get EB at 20, so I myself always have it if I want to use it. The...

Oct 3, 2020
  75. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

No. I'm a Ranger so I've done this quest more than once. You only need EB if you're camping the zone and not just looking for her. If...

Oct 3, 2020
  76. Captain Video replied to the thread Researched Spells--Buying versus Crafting.

Well I only mentioned the Artisan's Prize to show the OP what the endgame is. On the assumption the OP was considering crafting spells for...

Oct 3, 2020
  77. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

You don't agree with my analysis, and that's fine. People are entitled to their opinions. I'm not sure why my opinion is such an...

Oct 3, 2020
  78. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Obviously I thought Phinny was an example. I'm not volunteering to set my actual gameplay aside and go on a wild testing spree on...

Oct 2, 2020
  79. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

It's tied to the expansion release which falls closest to the five calendar year rule. The fact that it matches the timing of Fabled...

Oct 2, 2020
  80. Captain Video replied to the thread Researched Spells--Buying versus Crafting.

If you want to see the TS "endgame", do a search for the Artisan's Prize quest. You'll need to be on a Live server or a close-to-Live...

Oct 2, 2020
  81. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

This is something I'm 100% sure I have right. First off, MotM unlocks aren't counting expacs, they're counting five calendar years...

Oct 2, 2020
  82. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

MotM is implemented as a spell, and there's nothing in Lucy about any pet effect. The pet logic has to be coded separately, which means it...

Oct 2, 2020
  83. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Because players are lazy and don't skill up swimming. It might not be as much as 15 minutes at swimming = 250, but it's a lot closer...

Oct 2, 2020
  84. Captain Video replied to the thread Researched Spells--Buying versus Crafting.

All tradeskills are expensive to raise, and will involve a lot of grinding. Research is no different. In the early phases of the game, you...

Oct 2, 2020
  85. Captain Video liked Bardy McFly's post in the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

[IMG] ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 1, 2020
  86. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

On the assumption that MT #1 would die, you send in MT #2 to take over aggro before pulling back #1. In this particular case,...

Oct 1, 2020
  87. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

The OP's "incident" was on Rizlona, but OP follow-ups have been directed globally at all servers. I have responded in that context,...

Oct 1, 2020
  88. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Not sure what boss mechanics you're talking about. If you mean MotM I, then 40% damage reduction means, on the whole, 40% more...

Oct 1, 2020
  89. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this way: https://wiki.project1999.com/Phinigel_Autropos

Oct 1, 2020
  90. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

I was thinking of OW, so yes, zone out and back in again. I don't raid on TLPs, I've said that many times before, so I can't speak to...

Oct 1, 2020
  91. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Phinny is level 53, and is also part of several epic chains, so I kind of figured that when I said "up to level 50" and not part of raids...

Oct 1, 2020
  92. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Duplicate post.

Oct 1, 2020
  93. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

I agree that someone is being dense. By the time you're high enough level to do any of those raids or epic tasks, there will be...

Oct 1, 2020
  94. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

My last post on this subject (with a nod to all the applause). I'm not judging you or anyone else here, that aspect is all in your...

Oct 1, 2020
  95. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

This is way off-topic, but... The trick is to think the opposite of what the PL'ers do. Avoid, at least to begin with, the places...

Oct 1, 2020
  96. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Not what I said, and you know it. The standard is, are you actually doing something human-aided in-game. Typing. Clicking. Moving. If...

Oct 1, 2020
  97. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

I can see why you work at home.

Sep 30, 2020
  98. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

You've obviously never played Call of Duty *lol*. Or, for that matter, any Asian-published MMO. And you are 100% wrong about abusive...

Sep 30, 2020
  99. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Socrates never wrote anything and so can't be quoted. The best anyone can do is quote Plato's statements attributed to Socrates. And...

Sep 30, 2020
  100. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Emphasis mine. Not to defend the personal insults that get thrown around here a lot, but ForumQuesting requires thick skin. Having...

Sep 30, 2020
  101. Captain Video liked bardybard's post in the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

You must be real thick ... the staff input is found right here...

Sep 30, 2020
  102. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

My live server was Trak, so now I'm on Vox since the latest server merge. I still get kicked to character select periodically....

Sep 30, 2020
  103. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Yes, technically and otherwise, you're AFK. By the rules of the game, you have to actually type or click something to not be AFK. A...

Sep 30, 2020
  104. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

But in your OP you said: In this game, watching Netflix counts as being AFK. Doesn't matter how close your two screens are. If...

Sep 29, 2020
  105. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Modern EQ is nothing like P99 and does not represent itself as being comparable in any way. Counting active accounts on all servers,...

Sep 29, 2020
  106. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Except that this thread didn't need to happen. Several veteran players have explained to you that the PNP policy you so fondly...

Sep 29, 2020
  107. Captain Video liked Ngreth Thergn's post in the thread [Feedback/Request] Enchanting, Imbueing, and Making Mana.

2 dev, me and a peer tester, QA time. About... 4 hours me, not sure QA and peer tester, probably a notable fraction of an hour. And...

Sep 29, 2020
  108. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

I will give you this: Part of the original EQ experience, for some people, was the privilege of getting fired after their boss caught...

Sep 29, 2020
  109. Captain Video replied to the thread Returning/new player with TLP questions.

Aradune is in the middle of Kunark right now. Velious will unlock in about another six weeks. You can enjoy the server a lot if...

Sep 29, 2020
  110. Captain Video replied to the thread Hadden (and respecting camps).

Anyone can do this. For free. A lot of players would be happier if they tried it! The forum rules are separate from the game...

Sep 29, 2020
  111. Captain Video replied to the thread Merc question (ranks).

If you are a returning player and your account has the legacy Silver status, you can use a merc up to rank Apprentice V for free. If you...

Sep 27, 2020
  112. Captain Video replied to the thread Wizard Epic 2.5.

Zam can have some cut-and-paste errors with old content. Look up at the top of that page under "Description", item 1: It will say 8%...

Sep 26, 2020
  113. Captain Video replied to the thread Wizard Epic 2.5.

Where are you getting this? The Wiz epic augment further reduces the hate generated on detrimental spells cast (the Epic 2.0 focus),...

Sep 26, 2020
  114. Captain Video replied to the thread How hard would it be to get eq working on the xbox x series?.

DCUO was built from the start on a cross-platform engine licensed from the Sony console group, so that when it launched it could be...

Sep 25, 2020
  115. Captain Video liked Duder's post in the thread Sebilis is a rampant botting / cheating dystopia.

You didn't tell us how thick the tin foil hat should be to properly block the alien mind control waves though.

Sep 25, 2020
  116. Captain Video replied to the thread Trying something different.

Use the Zone Guide button on the map, it is your friend! If you're on a server that has PoK, there is a portal stone to Field of...

Sep 24, 2020
  117. Captain Video replied to the thread Can we change out of era tradeskill drops please?.

This post will carry more weight if it is made in the Veteran's forum. The vast majority of TLP players don't have access to the Overseer...

Sep 24, 2020
  118. Captain Video replied to the thread Need Help after many years gone..

Level cap on Live servers is now 115. Collections are simply running around all the zones in the newer expansions and searching for...

Sep 24, 2020
  119. Captain Video replied to the thread Trying something different.

Don't say this on the TLP forums, the Hill Giants are a big secret there... The one time I levelled a WE Ranger from 1 in GFay, the...

Sep 23, 2020
  120. Captain Video replied to the thread abject failure as a company.

Am I allowed to say "abject failure as a ForumQuester"?

Sep 22, 2020
  121. Captain Video replied to the thread Just a Simple Request.

Dia's Muire dhuit.

Sep 19, 2020
  122. Captain Video replied to the thread Just a Simple Request.

Hey! My main is a blonde WE Ranger! Of course she's Irish...

Sep 19, 2020
  123. Captain Video replied to the thread Just a Simple Request.

And here is yet another thread where all I can do is shake my head and say, wow. Well-respected veteran players taking personal shots at an...

Sep 19, 2020
  124. Captain Video replied to the thread hands-off policy.

Hands Off: If you touch any mob in the game, you will generate aggro. Even throwing a stone in their direction will do the trick. Proceed...

Sep 19, 2020
  125. Captain Video replied to the thread so they took away clicky aggro.

+1. I would add to this that I see too many people who want the game to be completely re-designed to suit their personal preference...

Sep 19, 2020
  126. Captain Video liked Aneuren's post in the thread so they took away clicky aggro.

The history of EverQuest is littered with instances of unintended usage, and I believe that you have been around long enough to...

Sep 19, 2020
  127. Captain Video replied to the thread We Demand Answers!.

Come to think of it, we could really use a parcel vendor in the tutorial zone. Dreamweaver would be perfect for that.

Sep 18, 2020
  128. Captain Video replied to the thread We Demand Answers!.

We need to fire Arias because he let Prathun get out. The one you see there now is a DZ copy.

Sep 17, 2020
  129. Captain Video replied to the thread We Demand Answers!.

Haven't you seen all the LGBTQ bunnies hopping around? They never seem to have any offspring to feed. Another theory is that it could be...

Sep 17, 2020
  130. Captain Video replied to the thread All my open quests are red.

I missed this in the bug reports, sorry... but I'm not sure it's simply a display error. Timers expired. If it was a long quest and I...

Sep 17, 2020
  131. Captain Video posted a new thread.

All my open quests are red

So the patch notes say this: - Shared tasks will now accurately display a max duration of 24 hours rather than listing unlimited time...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Sep 17, 2020
  132. Captain Video replied to the thread A Free Trade TLP is (Likely) Coming!.

Quarm required a sub, but I don't believe Brekt did, I thought it was being treated as just another live server, with FV rules minus the...

Sep 17, 2020
  133. Captain Video replied to the thread A Free Trade TLP is (Likely) Coming!.

Brekt became an open-trade server after the Quarm event ended, and almost nobody rolled on it. That is certainly a factor in DBG's...

Sep 16, 2020
  134. Captain Video liked KermittheFroglok's post in the thread A Free Trade TLP is (Likely) Coming!.

Just joining the chorus of people that are saying "No, sorry but probably not." Just because they outlined most a rule variants...

Sep 16, 2020
  135. Captain Video replied to the thread Any chance servers will come up early?.

First rule of EverQuest: The watched named never spawns. Oh wait... that's the second rule of EQ. The first rule is, you can never have too...

Sep 16, 2020
  136. Captain Video replied to the thread i think dreamweaver should sing us a song in discord.

I always thought "Love Is Alive" was a better song. His synth work on that track was amazing for its time.

Sep 16, 2020
  137. Captain Video replied to the thread Rubicite Greaves dropped off Ritualist today.

The Rubicite pieces begin dropping 30 days after Classic launch, and then run for 90 days. So they will stop at 120 days, which is about a...

Sep 14, 2020
  138. Captain Video replied to the thread New Server Transfer Rules - 09/08/2020.

DPG reasoning: If people will pay $40 for a bag, they'll pay $35 to change servers. The only reason there were free transfers from Aradune...

Sep 14, 2020
  139. Captain Video liked Eldrian's post in the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

That's complete BS. Any class can solo up to 75 in TSS just following the quest lines if they want to. Also EQ does not require you to...

Sep 13, 2020
  140. Captain Video liked Machen's post in the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

The 51/50 template would be way overpowered for pop. There are some classes where a lot of the plane of time gear would be a...

Sep 13, 2020
  141. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

Ears, rings, face and neck are on the vendors next to the tutorial NPC in PoK. They don't drop anywhere. They're not called Defiant,...

Sep 11, 2020
  142. Captain Video replied to the thread Items with extremely low drop rates.

+1 for more TS options in Overseer. It's still a work-in-progress, so there is a lot of hope we could successfully lobby for this.

Sep 11, 2020
  143. Captain Video replied to the thread New Server Transfer Rules - 09/08/2020.

They aren't allowing it in the current ruleset, so I was talking a hypothetical. I'm not seeing an obvious advantage of one player...

Sep 11, 2020
  144. Captain Video replied to the thread New Server Transfer Rules - 09/08/2020.

Test. But it does reboot more often.

Sep 11, 2020
  145. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

You're only looking at one slot. A complete set of Defiant at any particular level is >17< slots not counting weapon(s). Only five of...

Sep 11, 2020
  146. Captain Video replied to the thread New Server Transfer Rules - 09/08/2020.

Previous response edited. Because FV is considered "less restrictive", the new rule means you can transfer to it but not from it. The...

Sep 10, 2020
  147. Captain Video replied to the thread I have a question....

This is basically what I tell every new player I run into: If you're truly a brand-new player, don't even think about the current...

Sep 10, 2020
  148. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

EQ is a MMO. That's how MMOs work. Make trades with other players. "You help me with X, and I'll help you with Y." If you're already...

Sep 10, 2020
  149. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

Defiant gear is obsolete at 85, and useless at 100. The entire gear progression system works differently from 85 onwards, which is...

Sep 10, 2020
  150. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

None of the existing Heroic 85s come with raid-drop gear, it's all T1 group gear. You'd better be prepared for huge arguments over what,...

Sep 10, 2020
  151. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

I know you won't see this, but I'm responding anyway: This is illogical, and you already know why. There are no Heroic 100s on Live...

Sep 10, 2020
  152. Captain Video liked KermittheFroglok's post in the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

No, he said “a few” not “several”, so 3+. Not sure I follow why someone else throwing out “$250” as a cost relates to Tweakfour17’s...

Sep 10, 2020
  153. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

My other observation is, when you start offering shortcuts into the middle of the server's lifetime, you open the door to IMHO quite...

Sep 10, 2020
  154. Captain Video replied to the thread New Server Transfer Rules - 09/08/2020.

The 2-box part is GM-enforced (at least theoretically), so if someone wanted to transfer and live by that restriction, it shouldn't...

Sep 10, 2020
  155. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

You can't play the game as a level 65 character with level 1 gear, you won't survive. The whole idea is you follow a progression path...

Sep 10, 2020
  156. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

Once you get to TSS, any class can solo to 75 by following the Hero's Journey questline. It may take a couple of weeks of playtime,...

Sep 9, 2020
  157. Captain Video replied to the thread Start selling boost tokens once a server gets to 70, or so?.

There are boost tokens already. They go by the brand-name "PL", and can cost between 1 and 20 Kronos, depending on your specific needs. Or...

Sep 9, 2020
  158. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

I didn't say they were never played as full raids. I said (multiple times) that they didn't HAVE to be played as full raids, and I...

Sep 9, 2020
  159. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

This thread illustrates as clearly as any I've seen how much entitlement trumps common sense here, pun not intended. Facts tend to win...

Sep 9, 2020
  160. Captain Video replied to the thread Double Exp Ends Early.

How many Krono did that cost?

Sep 9, 2020
  161. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

More facts: Holly was never the head of Daybreak Games studio. She never had anything to do with other studio IPs, e.g. DCUO,...

Sep 9, 2020
  162. Captain Video replied to the thread HOT Zone quest (level 25) and character class (New Player here).

Latest patch notes on Test say this is finally fixed!!

Sep 8, 2020
  163. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 09/08/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

OMG. My #1 most-annoying bug of all time has been fixed. I'm going to have to roll a new toon to celebrate.

Sep 8, 2020
  164. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

Fact: Holly no longer works for DBG; what she may have said in the past about her own personal priorities is no longer relevant....

Sep 8, 2020
  165. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

The devs will be completely turned off if the community doesn't learn how to pick and choose its fights. RSS is a low-use zone, they know...

Sep 8, 2020
  166. Captain Video liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

The "all encompassing rule" started out as all raid content was instanced (Yael, Phinny, Hate.. etc) then they also instanced some of...

Sep 8, 2020
  167. Captain Video replied to the thread TLE Needs Increased Pick Instances Spawned (Especially Aradune).

Four? You're complaining about a queue of four? Wake me up when the queue is at least 50, at which point I can tell you that isn't...

Sep 8, 2020
  168. Captain Video replied to the thread Double Exp Ends Early.

This should be fixed now.

Sep 8, 2020
  169. Captain Video replied to the thread RTX 3070 will outperform 2080ti at less then 1/2 the price $499!?.

Waiting for Gigabyte to announce a 3080-based water-cooled eGPU box. I was looking at getting the 2080ti version, but it now looks way...

Sep 8, 2020
  170. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

Thousands of players have done Anguish on Mangler? Less than two weeks into the expansion? There won't be thousands in the entire...

Sep 8, 2020
  171. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

The pace wasn't exactly changed for Anguish on Live, since the level requirement is only two below in-era cap. It's a different case...

Sep 8, 2020
  172. Captain Video liked Zipe's post in the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

Hello, Anguish being open after X period of time or expansions have been subject of a longstanding bug that lasted almost 2 years....

Sep 8, 2020
  173. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

On the whole I agree with this. I don't mind being described as the fool on here; my pro-dev stance is not the popular one to take on...

Sep 8, 2020
  174. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

I'm not the one complaining about how things work. Thread after thread demands that the devs stop what they're doing because this needs to...

Sep 7, 2020
  175. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

Sorry, I'm typing too fast tonight. Yes, they are OW encounters, and I was answering a challenge claiming they were actual raids....

Sep 7, 2020
  176. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

I remember that discussion, it was back when the expansions were unlocking on the first "fully-instanced" server (Phinny). Prathun...

Sep 7, 2020
  177. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

Then it's been reverted for the TLPs; I can't find any patch note anywhere which says they did this. On Live the flag quest is there,...

Sep 7, 2020
  178. Captain Video liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

Prathun is gone, ain't no way this is happening.

Sep 7, 2020
  179. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

The King and Queen are both fun fights and will take a larger force to navigate, doesn't have to be anywhere near a full 48-man raid force...

Sep 7, 2020
  180. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Add Agent of Change for Riftseeker Sanctum.

Why? There is no raid in the zone, it's all group-level content, with no memorable loot. Some of the 1.5 and 2.0 epic questlines pass...

Sep 7, 2020
  181. Captain Video replied to the thread Mangler - PoK Lag.

There are too many people on your server. A lot of them were supposed to quit and re-roll on the newer TLPs, but they're not playing by the...

Sep 7, 2020
  182. Captain Video replied to the thread When does the rest of Aradune get to farm VP keys?.

In terms of coding, yes that part would be easy. The reason I highly doubt it will ever be done is because of the long-standing pattern...

Sep 4, 2020
  183. Captain Video replied to the thread Aradune 2 Box suggestion for magician.

If you look around in-game, I think you'll find the most common thing players pair with a magician is... another magician.

Sep 4, 2020
  184. Captain Video replied to the thread When does the rest of Aradune get to farm VP keys?.

The two different loot tables are a completely separate issue from the question of whether the Sleeper can be awakened within an AoC,...

Sep 4, 2020
  185. Captain Video replied to the thread When does the rest of Aradune get to farm VP keys?.

There are still raid targets in the zone after the Sleeper has woken up and gone, so yes there is an AoC for them, but that's a...

Sep 4, 2020
  186. Captain Video replied to the thread When does the rest of Aradune get to farm VP keys?.

No. An AoC instance is always a fixed starting point, with timers reset to pre-determined values. That's how you can be guaranteed...

Sep 4, 2020
  187. Captain Video replied to the thread When does the rest of Aradune get to farm VP keys?.

I would link to any of several dev posts by Rashere back on the old forum, but it and the posts are gone. The mere fact that the...

Sep 4, 2020
  188. Captain Video replied to the thread Considering making a new Aradune Progess..

In before the thread is locked. IMHO, both sides of this debate need to take one big giant step back. Calling players out is against...

Sep 3, 2020
  189. Captain Video liked Endacer's post in the thread Considering making a new Aradune Progess..

I even messaged and talked to him myself about needing to be impartial when running a site like that. But on the other hand, I don't blame...

Sep 3, 2020
  190. Captain Video replied to the thread Jaggedpine Forest.

The dire kodiak? How long have people been waiting?

Sep 2, 2020
  191. Captain Video replied to the thread Jaggedpine Forest.

It is a little-used zone, there are probably never enough people in it to spawn a pick. The default threshold could be as high as 50 or 60....

Sep 2, 2020
  192. Captain Video replied to the thread Spawn times change?.

EQ's client-server architecture was designed to allow the client to run a toaster, and to allow network comm at 28.8K baud. The...

Sep 1, 2020
  193. Captain Video replied to the thread TLP upon reaching Live Status.

You guys are arguing semantics. Since it is a common codebase, by definition there has to be code logic to distinguish the "blue...

Sep 1, 2020