Captain Video's Recent Activity

1. Captain Video replied to the thread Building Personas and Alternate Ability Challenges.

TS and language skill-ups are already shared. Combat and spell skill ups are not. It is my current understanding that they are not...

Apr 24, 2024 at 11:37 PM
  2. Captain Video replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The plight of the Brit TV connisseur. I don't believe either Bottom or Filthy Rich and Catflap have ever been released on DVD in region...

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:57 AM
  3. Captain Video replied to the thread What is the best Out Of Group class to pack around?.

I have no opinion on which is the best class for an OOG box. By far the most common class choice is the streamer.

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:56 AM
  4. Captain Video liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Suggesting on how to handle transferring off of FV server.

To transfer off FV make a toon with the same name on the server you want to go to then level it up. And voila its just like you...

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:49 AM
  5. Captain Video replied to the thread Why change unlimited target AoE spells after 25 years? And which spells are still unlimited?.

It was only on PvP servers, which made sense since it was essentially a PvP variant, no more no less.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:00 PM
  6. Captain Video replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

duplicate post, sorry

Apr 18, 2024
  7. Captain Video replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

One of the most influential Britcoms of all time. It also showed up on Comedy Central and BBC America in the millenium era. Counting...

Apr 18, 2024
  8. Captain Video replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Every so often Wikipedia is wrong. :) One series of music video shows was produced by Channel 4 in the UK before the sci-fi pilot....

Apr 17, 2024
  9. Captain Video replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

The Buggles, Trevor Horn's first band. He would also found the Art of Noise along with Oscar-winner Anne Dudley. In pro circles he's...

Apr 17, 2024
  10. Captain Video liked Nennius's post in the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

And made millions off simple lyrics and repetitive rhythms. Simple sells and they were great fun to hear and to dance to. I used to...

Apr 17, 2024
  11. Captain Video replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Plus Midnight Special, Kirshner's Rock Concert, Top of the Pops (still going), and others I don't remember. In the early years of cable TV...

Apr 17, 2024
  12. Captain Video replied to the thread What exactly happens during a patch downtime?.

Kool and the Gang also wrote these classic lyrics: Jungle Boogie... Jungle Boogie... Get it on... Jungle Boogie... Jungle Boogie... I'm...

Apr 17, 2024
  13. Captain Video replied to the thread UI Suggestions with a 4k Monitor.

I would advise against trying to run EQ at any resolution higher than 2560x1440 on a 4K display (or 2560x1600 if your display is 16:10). EQ...

Apr 12, 2024
  14. Captain Video replied to the thread Artificial intelligence and EverQuest.

In my old age, I'm finding that what remaining intelligence I think I have is all artificial. I'm sure that same thing exists throughout EQ...

Apr 11, 2024
  15. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

How long have you been working on EQ? Do you know the history? The game ran just fine in default fullscreen mode for many many years....

Apr 11, 2024
  16. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

NO IT IS NOT THE SAME, as many, many other game developers will tell you. If you seriously believe this, then you flunked your DX11...

Apr 10, 2024
  17. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Win11, latest patch level. I press the Play button on the launcher, and I am in fullscreen at server select. I click the Test...

Apr 10, 2024
  18. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I was about to write a post that would have been word-for-word the same. I can no longer exit the client cleanly. i have to go into...

Apr 10, 2024
  19. Captain Video liked Yinla's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Yay! Would be helpful if is stayed that way when you select the server. Currently after selecting server the screen switches to...

Apr 10, 2024
  20. Captain Video liked Soulbanshee's post in the thread Test Update 04/09/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I'm thinking its for server processing. With a limit in place, the server can stop processing sooner to reduce lag.

Apr 9, 2024
  21. Captain Video replied to the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

"We will change the account lock for Agents of Change instances to be character based instead of account based." Source: Oakwynd...

Apr 8, 2024
  22. Captain Video replied to the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

Let me spell this out for you. You're talking about AoCs, not instanced raids in general. AoC lockout behavior is different on...

Apr 8, 2024
  23. Captain Video liked Vumad's post in the thread Suggestion: Self buff scrolls for Personas..

No. Personas do not need perks. The perk of using personas is that you can use all of the no trade raid armor, port clickies, and all sorts...

Apr 8, 2024
  24. Captain Video replied to the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

It has nothing to do with memory leaks. Oakwynd does not have character-specific lockouts on instanced content. Pickzones are not...

Apr 8, 2024
  25. Captain Video replied to the thread Persona's & different names.

They can't give you a different name for each persona, because it's all one character, and the database has only one name per character....

Apr 8, 2024
  26. Captain Video replied to the thread READY , SET, GO.....

I thought it was Ready, Steady, Go.

Apr 8, 2024
  27. Captain Video replied to the thread When Guilds damage the social fabric of a game..

I feel like I'm reading a definition of "social fabric" from one of Hugh Hefner's Playboy Philosophy columns in the '70s. And we all know...

Apr 7, 2024
  28. Captain Video replied to the thread Character Lockouts vs Account-Wide Lockouts.

If you have alts at level cap then you don't have a main. You're free to raid using whichever character you choose as soon as the...

Apr 6, 2024
  29. Captain Video replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

No one else has mentioned this, so I will: These two servers will be the first TLPs where players (those who have purchased the feature)...

Apr 4, 2024
  30. Captain Video replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

No, because there's no staff to do it. Have you seen how many open positions DPG has listed now??

Apr 4, 2024
  31. Captain Video replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

The pattern has been to laucn a Phinny/Mangler/Yelinak clone once every two years, and this is the pattern. We get that and Mischief 2.0....

Apr 4, 2024
  32. Captain Video replied to the thread Feedback: New Servers announcement.

Tormax is another Mangler clone, the only difference is that it starts in Kunark.

Apr 4, 2024
  33. Captain Video liked Yinla's post in the thread Persona wishlist.

They really need to do something about gear storage, maybe tie it to Persona achievements.

Apr 4, 2024
  34. Captain Video replied to the thread Surprise patch tomorrow..

What I want to know is, who is April's first? Please don't tell me it was Fippy.

Apr 1, 2024
  35. Captain Video replied to the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

Also, do not run streaming services (e.g. Netflix) while raiding in EQ. HD streamers are notorious bandwidth eaters, and low available...

Mar 27, 2024
  36. Captain Video replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Again, this is largely incorrect. Smed did indeed launch the EQNext project with a solicitation to outside content creators, and...

Mar 25, 2024
  37. Captain Video liked Nennius's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

I rather doubt that anywhere in their job descriptions is the line "encourage spending". That isn't their job and shouldn't be. You...

Mar 25, 2024
  38. Captain Video replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

EQNext was neve released and never sold. The thing they did sell was called Landmark, a different product based on the same game...

Mar 24, 2024
  39. Captain Video liked code-zero's post in the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

Here's a solid tip: If you think you have to ask then don't do it Here's another solid tip: if you think you've found a loophole that...

Mar 24, 2024
  40. Captain Video liked Beimeith's post in the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

That's a really, really dumb and bad video. 1) The rules are quite clear they're not vague. No automation. Nothing that modifies the...

Mar 24, 2024
  41. Captain Video replied to the thread Exp and free Heroic tomorrow.

Did you by chance login on the Test server? If it works like I've seen it before, the added Heroic won't trigger until you login to a...

Mar 16, 2024
  42. Captain Video replied to the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

Not really. DBG is publishing Magic: Online now, which basically means they're running the servers. They're not doing any...

Mar 15, 2024
  43. Captain Video liked Scila's post in the thread AMA Response Feedback.

I said what I wanted in their thread. As a paid geek before I retired, most of it made sense. Even with a large staff, large budget, and...

Mar 15, 2024
  44. Captain Video replied to the thread AMA Response Feedback.

I was expecting to see more answers about their vision of APs. If this is to work the way they've promoted it so far, they need a) a gear...

Mar 14, 2024
  45. Captain Video replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

That hasn't been true for the last several years, based on disclosed financial data. Holly reported the revenue split was about 50/50...

Mar 13, 2024
  46. Captain Video replied to the thread Much improvement from this patch.

No, that's all unchanged.

Mar 13, 2024
  47. Captain Video replied to the thread Much improvement from this patch.

It was part of the inital DX11 client rollout.

Mar 13, 2024
  48. Captain Video liked Riou's post in the thread How to lose the hard to lose players of EQ.

It would also be nice if they brought the 2 Teeks daily quests up to modern levels too, with a decent amount of EXP on completion The...

Mar 12, 2024
  49. Captain Video replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

[quote="Bobokin, post: 4292785, member: 408941"TLP is a niche product that some players enjoy, but it isn't going to save...

Mar 12, 2024
  50. Captain Video replied to the thread Does Anyone Recommend Everquest Anymore?.

This is categorically untrue. Jagex has launched a few special-rules servers over the years as experiments, such as an open-world PvP...

Mar 10, 2024
  51. Captain Video replied to the thread Alternate Person.

It's 3 per character.

Mar 8, 2024
  52. Captain Video replied to the thread EverQuest Swag Store is here!.

A guild hall zone capture with all of the toons and NPCs greyed out.

Mar 8, 2024
  53. Captain Video liked Angeliana's post in the thread EverQuest Swag Store is here!.

As Fanra stated, once you've clicked the shirt you're insterested in, scroll down and you will find a Size guide. I like to call them...

Mar 7, 2024
  54. Captain Video liked EQ Dev's post in the thread Test Update 03/07/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

March 7, 2024 _____________________ *** Quests & Events *** - Changed the final three raids in Laurion's Song to use the new reward...

Mar 7, 2024
  55. Captain Video replied to the thread Swag Shop Opening.

What I wish for is a T with all 16 class logos on it, now that I have the APs. But I'm leaning towards ordering one of the polos, since...

Mar 7, 2024
  56. Captain Video replied to the thread EverQuest Swag Store is here!.

So who is holding those posters?

Mar 7, 2024
  57. Captain Video liked Flatchy's post in the thread Gamma correction?.

or they could just go and put the gamma slider back in.

Mar 5, 2024
  58. Captain Video liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 03/05/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I wanted to explain this change in a bit more detail than is available with a one-line patch note. tl;dr This change will result in the...

Mar 5, 2024
  59. Captain Video liked Yinla's post in the thread ALT Tab Issue.

That is not correct, we are starting to see players cancelling accounts over the DX11 issues. They may reinstat accounts if Darkpaw fix...

Mar 3, 2024
  60. Captain Video replied to the thread QoL: Ability to turn off experience gain.

Diverting low-level XP to merc AAs doesn't get you what you want. Most merc AAs don't unlock until the 60s. Also, unspent merc AA is capped...

Feb 29, 2024
  61. Captain Video replied to the thread planetside sold?.

And you would be wrong on both counts. I was suspended all the way back in 2011, shortly after the launch of Magic: Tactics and also...

Feb 29, 2024
  62. Captain Video replied to the thread planetside sold?.

I'm not at all sure he would agree with that statement. :) He had close to 15 years with the company, to me that counts for...

Feb 27, 2024
  63. Captain Video liked Angeliana's post in the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

Changing the original post then repeatedly telling others to "read the thread" is the epitome of goal post moving and causes issues and...

Feb 27, 2024
  64. Captain Video replied to the thread ALT Tab Issue.

Several players reported alt-TAB behavior as broken on Test before this patch went Live. No response from dev team so far. It's like when...

Feb 24, 2024
  65. Captain Video liked Cimbaeth's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

They literally did do that- and still do that. It's called the Hero's Journey. I've followed it for I think at least 3 times and...

Feb 21, 2024
  66. Captain Video replied to the thread What happens to my existing Journeyman Merc if I cancel my sub and go free?.

The Merc AA you purchase applies to any merc you hire. You should be able to hire an Apprentice merc once your account is F2P or Silver,...

Feb 21, 2024
  67. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

No. Single monitor, Samsung 4K display. I run the game fullscreen at 2560x1440, because the old UI won't do the font scaling and the...

Feb 20, 2024
  68. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I posted my configuration somewhere in one of these threads. It takes me two (2) alt-ENTERs to get back to fullscreen. The first one...

Feb 20, 2024
  69. Captain Video replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

One of my APs just quit after reading this post.

Feb 20, 2024
  70. Captain Video replied to the thread Extended Server Downtime - Antonius Bayle - February 20, 2024.

Sadly, some of the hamsters did not survive the journey. They have to wait until the family makes new ones, which should take about another...

Feb 20, 2024
  71. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

This. I never bought the feeble explanation offered at the time for why the client had to be forced to launch in windowed mode, when...

Feb 19, 2024
  72. Captain Video liked Yinla's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Any ETA on getting a fix? The changes a few days ago made this issue worse not better. To get back to full screen you now need to...

Feb 19, 2024
  73. Captain Video replied to the thread News from The EverQuest Show's whirlwind trip!.

That's where they play Magic during lunch.

Feb 18, 2024
  74. Captain Video liked Daedly's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

After many hours of trying to figure out why I wasn't seeing any weapon procs from Mage, SK, or Enchanter pets, it seems that all pets...

Feb 17, 2024
  75. Captain Video liked Brickhaus's post in the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

You are probably thinking of the old arena in the Bazaar 1.0 before the revamp.

Feb 17, 2024
  76. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

I don't recall there ever being an arena area in Shadowhaven. In my mind, that zone stands out for all the false starts they had when...

Feb 17, 2024
  77. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

Not to pick a nit, but... There are a dozen +/-1 of these PvP areas in the game, not counting the main Arena zone. Not all are in...

Feb 17, 2024
  78. Captain Video replied to the thread planetside sold?.

It might be worth noting that the DCUO CM, who was also the senior CM overseeing all the other CMs, was laid off.

Feb 17, 2024
  79. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

The revised OP sounds an awful lot like Goat Simulator 3.

Feb 17, 2024
  80. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/16/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I am very happy to be able to swap personas again. :) Alt-TAB behavior has changed, and I don't understand why. (I am testing on a Win11...

Feb 17, 2024
  81. Captain Video liked ttobey's post in the thread planetside sold?.

We are (fortunately for us, unfortunately for you) all still here.

Feb 17, 2024
  82. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Feb 21 = Launch day for the FF14 Xbox open beta. Just saying.

Feb 16, 2024
  83. Captain Video replied to the thread planetside sold?.

Reports are starting to appear in the mainstream gaming media, all saying that DBG has just laid off ~15 people, and that every sub-studio...

Feb 16, 2024
  84. Captain Video liked EQ Dev's post in the thread Test Update 02/16/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

There will be a Test update today to correct an issue with not being able to switch personas. *** Miscellaneous *** - Tuned Memory.ini...

Feb 16, 2024
  85. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

I just realized who you are. You're uberkingkong's Alternate Persona.

Feb 15, 2024
  86. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

Our esteemed CM has a red name.

Feb 15, 2024
  87. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

Destiny 2 has PvP. A lot of people like it. You can buy the complete game, all six expansions, on Humble Bundle right now for $20.

Feb 15, 2024
  88. Captain Video replied to the thread planetside sold?.

This is off-topic, but anyway... We're talking about taking ONE server down for 1-2 hours to patch one thing. The last time they did...

Feb 15, 2024
  89. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

Not this again. P99 doesn't have bots. It doesn't have RMT. It doesn't have red bots who will run automated player kill scripts to defend...

Feb 15, 2024
  90. Captain Video replied to the thread planetside sold?.

My personal speculation is that this is why the team has pressed forward with pushing the DX11 upgrade to Live before it was ready,...

Feb 15, 2024
  91. Captain Video liked Emilari's post in the thread planetside sold?.

There are 8 job postings for the San Diego office: several management/business positions, in addition to an RPG artist, a software...

Feb 15, 2024
  92. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

With rare exceptions, Live monthly patches are always on the third Wed of the month, with a Test patch eight days earlier.

Feb 15, 2024
  93. Captain Video replied to the thread planetside sold?.

There is no liability, because Krono's value is booked to DBG, not to any individual game. They can sell an IP (it appears they just...

Feb 15, 2024
  94. Captain Video liked jeskola's post in the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

Some of y'all making Captain Video sound intelligent and reasonable.

Feb 15, 2024
  95. Captain Video replied to the thread planetside sold?.

We don't know the status of Planetside 2. ATM it is operating as normal, there has been no official announcement from the company. Some...

Feb 14, 2024
  96. Captain Video replied to the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

No. There were never hundreds and hundreds of picks across tons of zones. Servers were crashing long before then. I can remember one...

Feb 14, 2024
  97. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

So for the Test server, we have to wait for a fix until after the Live patch (one week) and then the Test sync-up (two more weeks)....

Feb 14, 2024
  98. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Are we stuck on this indefinitely? It's rather hard to test anything persona-related when we can't change personas.

Feb 14, 2024
  99. Captain Video liked Cuzon's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Unable to swap persona's after patch. It shows them all on my character window, but it says I cannot swap because "You do not have the...

Feb 14, 2024
  100. Captain Video liked Strat79's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Coin from Live is no longer copying to test. Tried on 3 different toons. Making sure I forced a save by camping and coming back in before...

Feb 13, 2024
  101. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I think it is odds-on that one of the new servers in May will have some form of the Legacy ruleset attached.

Feb 13, 2024
  102. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

What we really need is a new raid with a bouncy castle in it.

Feb 13, 2024
  103. Captain Video liked code-zero's post in the thread AMA Answers.

I wonder if the people who write entire manifesto's to set up a question actually care what the answer will be

Feb 13, 2024
  104. Captain Video replied to the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

Except that a) OMM missions have never been very popular, so very few instances are running at any one time, and b) by the time OMM...

Feb 13, 2024
  105. Captain Video replied to the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

Most guilds are savvy enough to manage their replay timers just fine as it is, and get their raid boss kills to suit their schedules;...

Feb 12, 2024
  106. Captain Video replied to the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

And it never occurred to you, that if this was an option, they would have done it already?? The mind boggles. Along with the OP,...

Feb 12, 2024
  107. Captain Video replied to the thread If you started over... what server?.

If you want to try out the Test server with an existing character, use the /testcopy command while that character is logged in (works on...

Feb 12, 2024
  108. Captain Video replied to the thread In defense of boxing: or "relaxed" truebox at launch please.

This is the single most clueless thing I ever see posted in this forum, and it keeps coming up over and over again. Lower pick...

Feb 12, 2024
  109. Captain Video replied to the thread A little heads up.

I will give you all more than a month's notice that you're not going to get more than a month's notice, for the simple reason that they do...

Feb 12, 2024
  110. Captain Video replied to the thread How Far Can I Get On A Silver Account Solo/Molo?.

As a strict molo playing with the Silver AA cap, you can get to somewhere in the 75-85 range before you hit a wall, depending on your class...

Feb 11, 2024
  111. Captain Video replied to the thread Former EQ flat rate vs AllAccess / FTP / micropayment.

A couple of things come to mind after reading this thread... First, people forget that EQ2 went F2P several months prior to EQ1, and the...

Feb 10, 2024
  112. Captain Video replied to the thread Raids.

There are players on the TLP side who have been advocating going in the opposite direction, and decreasing the default raid size to...

Feb 9, 2024
  113. Captain Video liked Brickhaus's post in the thread Raids.

No.

Feb 9, 2024
  114. Captain Video replied to the thread Constantly having to log into the forums..

Oh yes they do. My bank uses 2FA just to login, and then times me out after five minutes without fail, I don't even have to close the...

Feb 8, 2024
  115. Captain Video replied to the thread Alternate Persona - Character selection screen.

A persona isn't a different character. It's all >one< character, which can't be in two or more places at once. If you want your...

Feb 8, 2024
  116. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

The company's position ever since the Zek server consolidation is that PvP is supported on every server via the arenas. Nobody needs to be...

Feb 4, 2024
  117. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

I don't know where you got this, but there is no Priest of Order in official EQ.

Feb 4, 2024
  118. Captain Video replied to the thread GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie.

Every one of the dozens and dozens of repetitive PvP threads mentions this, it will never happen. Using it for griefing will be...

Feb 4, 2024
  119. Captain Video replied to the thread Progression server idea: DX 9.

FYI, FF14 will become 64-bit-only and DX11-only at their next major patch sometime in March/April. For any of their players who don't want...

Feb 3, 2024
  120. Captain Video replied to the thread Suggestion: Bring back account to account transfer.

No. You're describing a totally separate and unrelated issue. Yes, subscriptions are by the month (as is every other subscribed MMO I...

Feb 2, 2024
  121. Captain Video replied to the thread New server idea.

As it stands, what you ask for is impossible, it's unenforceable. They couldn't even enforce a 2-box limit on the Aradune server,...

Feb 2, 2024
  122. Captain Video replied to the thread Suggestion: Bring back account to account transfer.

People keep forgetting why they took out the in-game timer to begin with: It wasn't entirely accurate. There were and are substantive...

Feb 2, 2024
  123. Captain Video replied to the thread Suggestion: Bring back account to account transfer.

Disconnects aren't random. They target people who haven't paid. You forget to pay, that's on you, not the company. You can put a...

Feb 1, 2024
  124. Captain Video replied to the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

I wish we had FanFaire again. We could have this big long rope, with all the Live players at one and, and all the TLP players at the...

Feb 1, 2024
  125. Captain Video liked Nennius's post in the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

Ahh Now I understand why I saw the answer to...nothing. I have *UKK on ignore. Helps to keep useless clutter out of my brain.

Feb 1, 2024
  126. Captain Video replied to the thread EQ needs to learn from Palworld.

Palworld is a thinly-veiled reskin of that developer's previous game, called Craftopia, which wasn't exactly a huge success. The main...

Feb 1, 2024
  127. Captain Video liked Bigstomp's post in the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

The programs that read the log files, should be able to easily rotate them for you. I have not tried eqlogparser beyond just testing it...

Jan 31, 2024
  128. Captain Video replied to the thread Undershore 68.5 mission - does it still have to block mercs?.

You'll never get this one done with a 2-box at 68, even if you had 2 mercs to assist. It was tuned for a group of six. (There is a trick to...

Jan 31, 2024
  129. Captain Video replied to the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

My take is more terrible than you've given me credit for. It is this: We could easily be in maintenance mode by the end of this year...

Jan 30, 2024
  130. Captain Video liked Schadenfreude's post in the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

Then they need to examine the solutions that - and this is not hyperbole - every other game I have played in the last decade uses rather...

Jan 30, 2024
  131. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

A three-year-old article published at a time when MS was publicly admonishing third-party developers, gaming and otherwise, for...

Jan 30, 2024
  132. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

This, in one sentence, is why DBG is in trouble as a company. It's not always about you. I retired with 40 years professional IT...

Jan 29, 2024
  133. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

I don't want to argue semantics with a red-name, but if itsn't a sync, and it isn't pre-announced, then it's a hotfix. That's how the...

Jan 29, 2024
  134. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

If you people are going to hotfix Test for DX11 changes, there should be a separate hotfix thread in the Test Updtate forum, it...

Jan 29, 2024
  135. Captain Video replied to the thread Request: Out of Cycle Live Patch to Fix DX11.

Test and Live are currently the same. The discussion notes to which the OP referred were changes made in the last Live patch which had not...

Jan 28, 2024
  136. Captain Video liked Windance's post in the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

People are leaving because: - They are unable to play anymore, due to RL issues ( kids, jobs, health, money, etc. ) - They find the...

Jan 26, 2024
  137. Captain Video replied to the thread Feedback: Add Auto Trimming of Log Files.

No. The people who would quit the game because the task of using File Manager to rename or delete a log file once a month is too onerous,...

Jan 26, 2024
  138. Captain Video replied to the thread Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know.

Most players (incl. everyone I play with) are taking "some of the new rules" to mean the improvements to use of the Heirloom flag,...

Jan 26, 2024
  139. Captain Video replied to the thread Mob kill rules in case anyone doesn't know.

I would not assume this. FTE was announced as an "experiment" in order to deal with a TLP-specfic set of problems. Among those who...

Jan 26, 2024
  140. Captain Video replied to the thread Has there been a response regarding the DX11 issues?.

As I said in my previous post, switch fo fullscreen at character select, before your window layout is loaded. The game keeps separate...

Jan 25, 2024
  141. Captain Video replied to the thread Has there been a response regarding the DX11 issues?.

This change went in some time prior to the DX11 rollout, and the two things aren't supposed to be connected at all. DPG is forcing...

Jan 25, 2024
  142. Captain Video replied to the thread Housing on Test.

OK, I found it, TY. Not sure how I missed it before; in any case, it's mine now. Not the most optimal setup, but make do. BTW,...

Jan 23, 2024
  143. Captain Video replied to the thread Housing on Test.

This thread has quickly become apples and oranges, so let me start over. I know how housing works. I have housing on my Live server, and...

Jan 22, 2024
  144. Captain Video posted a new thread.

Housing on Test

Do evictions still get run on the Test server anymore? Does anyone know? It sure seems like there is a lot of housing there that hasn't...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Jan 21, 2024
  145. Captain Video replied to the thread Unobtainable achievements on TLPs.

This was argued at length when the current Banestrike system first went live. There was no Banestrike of any kind in the earlier eras of...

Jan 20, 2024
  146. Captain Video liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Unobtainable achievements on TLPs.

I'm also against the change. Part of TLP is that some content is locked behind later expansions. You can't complete GoD raid achievements...

Jan 20, 2024
  147. Captain Video replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

Two EQ players walk into a bar. First player: Ouch! That hurt. Second player: This isn't the zone line. First player: Bleepin' gamma.

Jan 19, 2024
  148. Captain Video replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

Psychologists have been researching a trending phenomenon where women who have a gaming hobby tend to develop an increasing fear of the...

Jan 19, 2024
  149. Captain Video replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

We had a new guy join our guild this week. He said his name was Stevie Wonder, and this was just the sort of game he had been looking for.

Jan 19, 2024
  150. Captain Video replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

I'm sure most of you remember the classic song, "EQ Wizard." I am reminded of this one line: "I thought I was the Krono farming king, But...

Jan 19, 2024
  151. Captain Video liked Rijacki's post in the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

I suspect there are fewer people who have problems than those who post here over and over and over claiming to be many (and without using...

Jan 19, 2024
  152. Captain Video liked minimind's post in the thread Why lockouts on group content.

Small game studios are having a hard time meeting historic expectations as costs increase, but revenue per user stays flat.

Jan 17, 2024
  153. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

You don't want to nuke Faerune, TLP players will scream. It is the onlh viable light source in the early game that doesn't waste a slot....

Jan 16, 2024
  154. Captain Video liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Devs, can you explain personas please?.

As a rule devs don't respond to these types of posts to begin with.

Jan 16, 2024
  155. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Test is back up. There was a small patch, no new notes. The zoning delay from character select is gone; as best I can tell, all zoning is...

Jan 13, 2024
  156. Captain Video liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Test is down currently due to an operational systems outage that is affecting more than just EQ. The issue with slow zoning is entirely...

Jan 12, 2024
  157. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - New Bugs Only.

So does that mean Test is down indefinitely? I could live with a 2-3 min initial zone-in from character select, since after that I...

Jan 12, 2024
  158. Captain Video replied to the thread recruit a friend.

Blizzard recruited Holly to be their friend.

Jan 12, 2024
  159. Captain Video liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - New Bugs Only.

Should be fixed now. Thanks for your patience.

Jan 10, 2024
  160. Captain Video replied to the thread Usable gear and personas.

I believe this is fixed in the patch now on Test, which will go live next week.

Jan 10, 2024
  161. Captain Video liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - New Bugs Only.

We're investigating this login timeout issue.

Jan 10, 2024
  162. Captain Video liked Meeko's post in the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

It was always a visual only issue. Mercs level when their owner changes level even without zoning.

Jan 9, 2024
  163. Captain Video replied to the thread Test Update 1/9/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Was this actually an issue? I had assumed for years that a merc didn't actually level until you either zoned or logged.

Jan 9, 2024
  164. Captain Video replied to the thread New Computer Purchase.

Buy a toaster. Anything else will tempt you to play other games.

Jan 9, 2024
  165. Captain Video liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread What's the current view on AFK playing?.

First if you do something against the game rules be prepared to pay the price. What I have a problem with is the logic. The same folks...

Jan 5, 2024
  166. Captain Video replied to the thread Personas - Are They Safe To Use?.

This equality is true when everything is level 1, but maintaining all personals as equal is impossible as the game progresses. Quests...

Jan 4, 2024
  167. Captain Video replied to the thread Personas - Are They Safe To Use?.

Don't be obtuse. The codebase was announced as locked eight days prior to launch. Code changes were made after that and before launch...

Jan 2, 2024
  168. Captain Video replied to the thread Personas - Are They Safe To Use?.

Beta server was locked eight days prior to expansion launch. Dev team made several changes to AP coding between Beta closure and...

Dec 31, 2023
  169. Captain Video replied to the thread Pipe dreams for 2024.

Two words: Everquest VR.

Dec 29, 2023
  170. Captain Video liked Svann2's post in the thread Pipe dreams for 2024.

Rather than delete old threads, if they dont want necroing then just lock them. Some people do use search and sometimes old threads do...

Dec 29, 2023
  171. Captain Video liked Tatanka's post in the thread Pipe dreams for 2024.

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.

Dec 29, 2023
  172. Captain Video replied to the thread Remove /pick.

The TLP launch cap has been exactly 4K for the last few cycles, at which point the server will queue. We've seen queues for the first...

Dec 26, 2023
  173. Captain Video replied to the thread Devs, can you explain personas please?.

Congratulations on being the 100th person to ask this question (counting Beta).

Dec 25, 2023
  174. Captain Video replied to the thread Need advice on class to play....

I made a flippant remark earlier in this thread, which was a bit unfair of me. This is a more considered reply. IMHO, Mischef is...

Dec 23, 2023
  175. Captain Video replied to the thread Need advice on class to play....

Use personas and play them all.

Dec 22, 2023
  176. Captain Video replied to the thread Wine xp quest.

EQ runs fine on MacOS (either Intel or Apple silicon) using Crossover, which is based on a fork of Wine. In theory the Apple Porting...

Dec 19, 2023
  177. Captain Video liked niente's post in the thread Personas - Are They Safe To Use?.

I can understand the hesitation surrounding personas because of some of the scary bugs encountered on Beta (and Test). I do personally feel...

Dec 18, 2023
  178. Captain Video liked code-zero's post in the thread No One Wants To Play On Live Servers.

There are a few sites which track server populations and what's really funny is that TLP servers never make up the bulk of the playing...

Dec 17, 2023
  179. Captain Video replied to the thread Unlock apprentice mercs at Gates of Discord unlock?.

These are your options: 1. Make some new gaming friends. 2. Second account. (by far the most popular choice) 3. Wait for SoD. 4....

Dec 16, 2023
  180. Captain Video liked Doranur_Aleguzzler's post in the thread It does not make sense to have to AA each persona.

You don't have to roll a persona, any more than you have to roll an alt. You have to work for your AAs on your main or alt, you should do...

Dec 16, 2023
  181. Captain Video liked Beimeith's post in the thread Personas : First Impression.

I 100% absolutely positively guarantee you the persona system was far less work than what you are proposing.

Dec 15, 2023
  182. Captain Video liked Bernel's post in the thread For more extensive persona testing, give everyone on Test at least one free persona slot.

Although personas have come a long way, there are still some pretty significant bugs being worked out. With the potentially significant...

Dec 15, 2023
  183. Captain Video liked Tatanka's post in the thread Trying to fully comprehend Personas before I buy LS... augs....

Sheesh, enough already. Even though I know you and I don't like the new feature, stop pretending you don't know why people would make...

Dec 15, 2023
  184. Captain Video replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

It's the exact same people making the exact same arguments as was the case during Beta. Devs didn't listen to you then, what makes you...

Dec 13, 2023
  185. Captain Video replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

Which is the worst argument you could possibly use. EQ is not FFXIV, doesn't want to be FFXIV, and trying to make it so would break...

Dec 13, 2023
  186. Captain Video replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

This is not correct either. A "known issues" post was put up in the Beta Update News forum on 11/8, which just happened to be the...

Dec 13, 2023
  187. Captain Video replied to the thread So ... No One Caught In Beta ....

They can put vendors anywhere now. The idea is, you're supposed to use your AP to port to it.

Dec 11, 2023
  188. Captain Video replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

Zero levels. XP can only go to the main or persona which was assigned the task, and level requirements always apply when the task is...

Dec 7, 2023
  189. Captain Video replied to the thread Update 11/28/2023 - New Bugs Only.

Do we have any idea when Test will be patched to match Live? There are quite a few AP code changes that went in on Beta during the last...

Dec 6, 2023
  190. Captain Video replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

The answer is yes, it's in the FAQ.

Dec 6, 2023
  191. Captain Video liked Xyroff-cazic.'s post in the thread Personas : First Impression.

The persona haters (who for the most part haven't even tried to use them) are so worked up they can't even tolerate if someone else likes...

Dec 5, 2023
  192. Captain Video liked Alnitak's post in the thread Alternate Personas FAQ.

That is a totally fake news. For a game like EQ any number of opinions of less than 170 people is a meaningless statistical noise. There...

Dec 2, 2023
  193. Captain Video replied to the thread Alternate Personas FAQ.

A few things (my perspective is radically different from all the complainers here): 1. The tutorial zone needs to be treated the same as...

Dec 1, 2023