Branntick's Recent Activity

1. Branntick replied to the thread RACISM!.

Drakkin and Gnomes I get, but Iksar? Please yeet this post into the sun.

Sep 8, 2022
  2. Branntick replied to the thread Oow/POR locked server.

Good god. The 70s slog is the longest, highest attrition era on TLPs. Why would you ever suggest locking a server there? DoN and PoR...

Sep 8, 2022
  3. Branntick replied to the thread Monk epic question.

35 to complete, any level to collect items.

Aug 22, 2022
  4. Branntick replied to the thread Constructive criticism regarding recent ban waves..

Quite frankly I feel like I'm risking my account just having started this discussion in the first place.

Aug 15, 2022
  5. Branntick replied to the thread Constructive criticism regarding recent ban waves..

Audio triggers in game are not a replacement for screen overlays with countdown timers. You also can't use regex with in-game audio...

Aug 15, 2022
  6. Branntick replied to the thread Constructive criticism regarding recent ban waves..

This doesn't make any sense. It isn't plain or simple at all. I'm not trying to call you out, but this logic just doesn't check out....

Aug 15, 2022
  7. Branntick replied to the thread Constructive criticism regarding recent ban waves..

Well, if a certain mapping program was the target of this wave then it was woefully ineffective, because there are still people AFK at the...

Aug 15, 2022
  8. Branntick replied to the thread Constructive criticism regarding recent ban waves..

Exactly. There is also merit to be had in the discussion that even the more invasive software that is ubiquitous on live servers is...

Aug 15, 2022
  9. Branntick posted a new thread.

Constructive criticism regarding recent ban waves.

We really need a whitelist of allowed software. EQ is a very, very old game. Over the years, people have created numerous tools to make...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Aug 14, 2022
  10. Branntick replied to the thread Can we tweak the lagpile?.

Levitate falling rate is tied to frame rate. Falling damage is tied to frame rate. Mouse input is tied to framerate. A lot of this stuff...

Aug 3, 2022
  11. Branntick replied to the thread The Paradoxical Tragedy of Endgame Content like Veeshan's Peak.

Nothing in EQ is hard until VERY late. The hardest mechanics this game has to offer for the first 2 years on every TLP are mobs that, at...

Aug 2, 2022
  12. Branntick replied to the thread No Changes to VP Key.

I don't understand why people say this. They spend a ton of dev time making weird ruleset servers like Vaniki but they can't do...

Jul 25, 2022
  13. Branntick replied to the thread Is it time for a Plane of Sky Update/Fix.

Classic is awful. The only winning move is not to play. EQ should honestly just launch with Kunark open from this point forward, although...

Jul 16, 2022
  14. Branntick replied to the thread Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion.

Why do you feel the incessant need to try to shut down discussion around a system people believe is flawed? Your argument is basically...

Jul 7, 2022
  15. Branntick replied to the thread Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion.

They aren't ignoring cheating. The average person just doesn't understand how difficult/expensive it is to combat. EQ has no built-in...

Jul 5, 2022
  16. Branntick replied to the thread Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion.

How does it feel to be living in 2006?

Jul 3, 2022
  17. Branntick replied to the thread Every week, there is a level 1 bard that trains the hell out of sol b and the hole.

If you can't defend your camp from a level 1 warping, you don't deserve the camp in the first place. Instead of contributing to the...

Jul 2, 2022
  18. Branntick replied to the thread Massive Ban Hammer Mega Discussion.

You mean the mouth breathers who say "eyes in the skies" or something to that effect in voice chat like they think they're being clever...

Jul 2, 2022
  19. Branntick replied to the thread Why did Bind Rush wake the sleeper?.

That's not true at all. It's one very specific tiny blip of an era in EQ, of which has already been heavily modified to make things less...

Jul 1, 2022
  20. Branntick replied to the thread Why did Bind Rush wake the sleeper?.

The politics of one group of players controlling a mechanic that affects every other player on the server is one of the most nonsensical...

Jun 30, 2022
  21. Branntick replied to the thread afk camping on yelinak.

Accurate. I personally observed them warping from the zone entrance to Efreeti. That said, I can support some white hat warping if it...

Jun 30, 2022
  22. Branntick replied to the thread Best patch in the history of EQ..

Disarm should definitely be added to autoskill. Chaotic Stab should be an innate ability for Rogues (they need as much help as they can get...

Jun 22, 2022
  23. Branntick replied to the thread Best patch in the history of EQ..

I'm almost certain that the reason these changes made it through is because of Vaniki, moreso than some random good will. A server that...

Jun 16, 2022
  24. Branntick liked Arclyte's post in the thread Best patch in the history of EQ..

please add disarm to autoskill

Jun 15, 2022
  25. Branntick replied to the thread Best patch in the history of EQ..

Yes, please.

Jun 15, 2022
  26. Branntick posted a new thread.

Best patch in the history of EQ.

I don't know whose idea this was, but you are a god to me. - Removed the minimum level requirement to use /autoskill.

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Jun 15, 2022
  27. Branntick replied to the thread Yelinak unspoken rule question.

It's a matter of pragmatism. If an item can be traded, is it effectively a currency in and of itself. Asking someone to pass on an FBSS for...

Jun 12, 2022
  28. Branntick replied to the thread Mischief - State of Epic 1.5/2.0 Camps (Bard Epic Dire Animals, Warrior EW 2.0 Step & Others).

All contested content is toxic cancer. It's why picks exist, and even they are insufficient to stop it. It's still absurd how difficult...

Jun 10, 2022