Bilbo Backpackens's Recent Activity

1. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Mini PC for EQ?.

Yes! In another test, I could not get a Dell Venue 10 5055 to run EQ at more than like 5 fps.

Mar 28, 2024
  2. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Mini PC for EQ?.

For an unrelated use case, I bought a used Dell Wyse 5060 thin client computer on Ebay for $25. I got curious, so I threw in a slightly...

Mar 27, 2024
  3. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Today is the day!.

$50 minimum for some cosmetics and to sit in on a Zoom call? Ouch.

Feb 29, 2024
  4. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

What does the age of the card have to do with it? The DX11 changes you claim AMD has to optimize for came out after both cards were...

Feb 21, 2024
  5. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Close. They release drivers that are optimized for games. I highly doubt that AMD put out optimized drivers for my RX 580 immediately...

Feb 21, 2024
  6. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

You are correct, I put the wrong name, I will update my post.

Feb 21, 2024
  7. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

At the beginning, I thought like this. It's not hurting my performance, there's something wrong with their computer. Then I upgraded my...

Feb 21, 2024
  8. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

EQ is the only game I play in their catalog. Thank you for sharing this, it's good to know the full story. This reinforces my belief...

Feb 7, 2024
  9. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Definitely. I responded with a polite note just asking them to please take Test and Beta feedback and be willing to delay launching...

Feb 5, 2024
  10. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

I submitted a one sentence response to the second part of the survey. I also expect a cursory glance at best.

Feb 5, 2024
  11. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread EQ Survey Thoughts.

Link is now reporting that the "survey is complete." So it was up for what, 3 days? Hope you got in while you could. I'm guessing...

Feb 5, 2024
  12. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

Had a similar, though I guess opposite, experience to Zilendar. On my old graphics card, an RX 580, I ran into almost no issues after the...

Feb 2, 2024
  13. Bilbo Backpackens liked Zilendar's post in the thread Old Hardware - My Experience With EverQuest DX11.

My main gaming system is a 7950X3D + 64GB RAM + 4090. It's a workhorse and I can push the latest games at or near max quality settings...

Feb 2, 2024
  14. Bilbo Backpackens liked modsiw's post in the thread Are you not allowed to AFK in Plane of Tranquility?.

What's Cambridge Dictionary's second definition for illegal?

Jan 19, 2024
  15. Bilbo Backpackens liked Darnik_McGee's post in the thread Are you not allowed to AFK in Plane of Tranquility?.

From Merriam-Webster: illegal 1 of 2 adjective il·​le·​gal (ˌ)i(l)-ˈlē-gəl : not according to or authorized by law :...

Jan 19, 2024
  16. Bilbo Backpackens liked Feochadan the Savior's post in the thread Fixed Internally DirectX 11 : the stuttering makes the game unplayable.

My PC : i9-13900kf / 32Gb memory / nVidia 4090 / Windows 11 I play every current game at Ultra setting. It was perfectly smoot with 3 (and...

Jan 19, 2024
  17. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

I'm sure there are new issues that pushing to live made obvious, but a lot of these problems have been reported on Test for some time,...

Jan 19, 2024
  18. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread DX11 - Why were our expectations so high?.

It is true that there are a few people complaining their computers are no longer supported, so hopefully this is directed at those...

Jan 19, 2024
  19. Bilbo Backpackens liked Joules_Bianchi's post in the thread Fixed Internally Mercs losing buffs when they level.

Or maybe they could just, I don't know... Fix it perhaps?

Jan 15, 2024
  20. Bilbo Backpackens liked sinnister's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

I have a question...and i will keep this brief. i have noticed that there is a character that admittedly creates different names in order...

Jan 10, 2024
  21. Bilbo Backpackens liked Gabbo's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

The recent tradeskill depot exploit affected the economy of Oakwynd server severely, but the information provided seems to conflict with...

Jan 10, 2024
  22. Bilbo Backpackens liked FencallenBristle's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

How do you plan to make clerics more fun to play outside of raids? Group content is not engaging enough, and soloing is not an option. They...

Jan 10, 2024
  23. Bilbo Backpackens liked ieaien_bertox's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Is there any reason that druid requests for better mana recuperation seems to fall on deaf ears?

Jan 10, 2024
  24. Bilbo Backpackens liked unoplank's post in the thread It’s the Year of Darkpaw AMA time!.

Our server has recently been invaded with players automating their grinding in xp zones for several hours per day. They seem to be...

Jan 10, 2024
  25. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread New Computer Purchase.

NM, I can Google. Ignore this.

Jan 10, 2024
  26. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Fixed Internally Mercs losing buffs when they level.

Interesting that this hasn't warranted any sort of response, like a Confirmed tag. This is one of the most up voted bug threads recently...

Jan 3, 2024
  27. Bilbo Backpackens liked Bernel's post in the thread Fixed Internally Mercs losing buffs when they level.

Today, I noticed my mercs losing their buffs upon leveling. This has happened on two separate accounts and multiple times. I'm leveling up...

Jan 3, 2024
  28. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Collection Selling and Avoiding Ignore.

A returning player that blocked him pre-break, and now wants to buy? That could be it. Better than anything I came up with. Yeah,...

Dec 18, 2023
  29. Bilbo Backpackens liked Corwyhn Lionheart's post in the thread Collection Selling and Avoiding Ignore.

On any particular day perhaps some returning player logs on and wants to catch up in the game. Best I can come up with. He obviously...

Dec 18, 2023
  30. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Collection Selling and Avoiding Ignore.

The difference there is that they try different methods with spam emails- discount/free goods, inheritances, threats, etc. They hope...

Dec 18, 2023
  31. Bilbo Backpackens posted a new thread.

Collection Selling and Avoiding Ignore

If you're on live and don't immediately leave general chat, you probably know about the person that uses cross server chat to sell...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Dec 18, 2023
  32. Bilbo Backpackens liked Brontus's post in the thread What's Darkpaw's Official Position on Class Balance?.

That's not an argument. You're hyperbolic reply is in effect letting Daybreak off the hook and trying to absolve them of any...

Dec 15, 2023
  33. Bilbo Backpackens liked coltongrundy's post in the thread What's Darkpaw's Official Position on Class Balance?.

This is a game. It's for entertainment. It is not an analogy for life, and that is not a good reason to not improve balance.

Dec 15, 2023
  34. Bilbo Backpackens liked Brontus's post in the thread What's Darkpaw's Official Position on Class Balance?.

When Jen Chan took over as the Studio Head she wrote her first letter to the EQ 2 community in her new official capacity. Within the letter...

Dec 15, 2023
  35. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Weapon Ratios!.

Its weird enough complaining about the youths like this when we're the generation in charge doing it. But it's weirder to complain...

Dec 13, 2023
  36. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Further response to the Tradeskill Depot issue.

This one only seems usable as far as players sell pelts to the vendors. I don't think any vendor sells unlimited ruined pelts, only...

Dec 12, 2023
  37. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Fixed Goblin Gender.

EverQuest has been pretty progressive for years. Just like %t gives you a target's name, %s will give you their preferred gender.

Dec 8, 2023
  38. Bilbo Backpackens liked Herf's post in the thread Confirmed Death and banked aa lost after removing persona..

HAHAHAHA! That's awesome :) I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the failure of the persona system.

Dec 8, 2023
  39. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Confirmed Death and banked aa lost after removing persona..

That would be a hell of a lag spike. I was in PoK on my 111 SK, made a wood elf druid persona on the character creation that popped up,...

Dec 8, 2023
  40. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Confirmed Death and banked aa lost after removing persona..

Ok, made a druid persona on the same character, went to PoK... and died. No damage taken yet on this character at all. Just died out of...

Dec 8, 2023
  41. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Odd things going on today.

You mention Silver. Do you own ToL on that account? If not, you'll have to wait until it goes FTP. They don't go FTP immediately after...

Dec 6, 2023
  42. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

I 100% agree that monetization is a big part of the persona plan. But slots are account wide, so the total DBC for an account to unlock...

Dec 6, 2023
  43. Bilbo Backpackens liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread Where Are The Memes?.

[IMG]

Dec 5, 2023
  44. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

I don't hate personas, just the implementation they've chosen. See one of the other threads for a full list of things that they...

Dec 5, 2023
  45. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Personas : First Impression.

... It's almost exactly the same as making alts. This is one of the many suggestions people have made to make Personas somewhat...

Dec 5, 2023
  46. Bilbo Backpackens liked thebes99's post in the thread Alternate Personas FAQ.

I'm liking where your head is at Bilbo, but we need more. Maybe we can get a collector's edition of this expac called Larry's...

Dec 5, 2023
  47. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Alternate Personas FAQ.

Coming December 2024 Discover the second half of Laurion's Song, but as it's own $40+ purchase: Larry's Song. Explore Laurion's...

Dec 5, 2023
  48. Bilbo Backpackens replied to the thread Frostfell is finally here!.

These dates seem to be from last year (with just the year value updated). The third was yesterday, Sunday, but was indeed a...

Dec 4, 2023