AlmarsGuides's Recent Activity

1. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Free Goodies to Returning/New Firiona Vie Players.

Using /output in game it doesnt seem like it works for TS recipes, is that an intended change?

Jan 14, 2018 at 5:54 PM
  2. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Free Goodies to Returning/New Firiona Vie Players.

Does anyone in your guild/on your server have spreadsheets or lists of all the recipes you need in order to reach 350 of each...

Jan 14, 2018 at 3:43 AM
  3. AlmarsGuides liked Zardifo Stonefist's post in the thread Free Goodies to Returning/New Firiona Vie Players.

Not new, not returning, and yet I want to say thank you for the guides you have put forth for all of us. If there is anything I can help ya...

Jan 14, 2018 at 3:41 AM
  4. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Free Goodies to Returning/New Firiona Vie Players.

You're welcome! I try to make my guides so basic that everyone can understand them - there's nothing more frustrating than being...

Jan 12, 2018
  5. AlmarsGuides posted a new thread.

Free Goodies to Returning/New Firiona Vie Players

I did something special for the Holidays that I decided to just make a reoccuring thing for any new/returning players on Firiona Vie....

Forum: The Newbie Zone

Jan 12, 2018
  6. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread SK 3box.

Send me a private message with *exactly* what you are trying to do. I am currently writing Boxing guides for my website and I'm going...

Jan 11, 2018
  7. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

Thanks for your list of Tinkering combines - it made my job a billion times easier. I still have some info to add to the sub-guides...

Jan 10, 2018
  8. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

Finished a guide for Gates of Discord Tradeskill quests. http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/quests/GoD/Tradeskill/ Ironically i wrote the...

Jan 9, 2018
  9. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

I've finished a few more guides: Both Skyshrine & Kael Drakkel Raid Armor Sets are now done:...

Jan 6, 2018
  10. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

[IMG] For realz though, I'll add some math to my website for each heroic stat as well as explaining each one in even more detail...

Jan 6, 2018
  11. AlmarsGuides liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Many new TLP Guides.

I'm late. Heroic Strength is a garbage stat, you shouldn't go out of your way to gear for it ever unless you are trying to pad ATK on...

Jan 6, 2018
  12. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

I couldnt agree more which is why I don't make guides on conjecture and what happens in theory. I remain practical and make sure what...

Jan 5, 2018
  13. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

Obligatory [media]

Jan 5, 2018
  14. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

Well I surely don't know everything there is to know, I usually research everything just to refresh my knowledge before I end up...

Jan 5, 2018
  15. AlmarsGuides liked jeskola's post in the thread Many new TLP Guides.

[img]

Jan 5, 2018
  16. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

Old thread debating Hstr/Hdex and the damage differences between them:...

Jan 4, 2018
  17. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

Me either, I was a bit perplexed when I seen basically every information site on Heroic Stats say it increased endurance and...

Jan 4, 2018
  18. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

I'm going to assume the reason people on the TLPs are focusing more on HSTR is because they can't get any other Heroic, as you guys are...

Jan 4, 2018
  19. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

I dont consider them real heroic stats on the TLPs because they added those heroics to replace what used to be the Mod 2s. I'm not...

Jan 4, 2018
  20. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

You rock! I'll have to bookmark this thread and keep your list on hand when I do tradeskills. They're getting a complete rehaul next...

Jan 4, 2018
  21. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Many new TLP Guides.

These are random heroics they added to gear in turn for taking off the Mod 2s; more info about this below. Also you're completely wrong...

Jan 4, 2018
  22. AlmarsGuides posted a new thread.

Many new TLP Guides

Hey everyone, me again! So I have been putting together a bunch of new guides recently and I am excited to show you all what I have been...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Jan 3, 2018
  23. AlmarsGuides liked Xanadas's post in the thread Request: Cached copy of Ragefire Spells.

Just got back home tonight. Back in business.

Jan 2, 2018
  24. AlmarsGuides liked phaeril's post in the thread Stuck with Loading Character window.

Had that happen to me this morning with one of my accounts. I just hit escape to drop back to server select, selected agnarr again, and my...

Dec 30, 2017
  25. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Stuck with Loading Character window.

Glad to hear there's a faster way to fix it. I've been logging all the way out and back in again.

Dec 30, 2017
  26. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread A Merry Firiona Vie Christmas.

Still got plenty of gifts to give out if no one has seen this post yet or asked for any!

Dec 29, 2017
  27. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread lvl 85 progression?.

This used to be good advice until they added/tweaked the Promised Interposition AA line for Clerics earlier this year (or maybe late...

Dec 26, 2017
  28. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Request: Cached copy of Ragefire Spells.

Yes I mean sort by expansion groupings - it doesn't group expansions together properly. It also lists spells from out of era in some...

Dec 26, 2017
  29. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread lvl 85 progression?.

Without all access you should stick to enemies that con 'relatively weak' to you or light blues/dark blues. It's pretty common to get...

Dec 26, 2017
  30. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Request: Cached copy of Ragefire Spells.

Allakhazam isn't the best for this type of stuff since you can't sort by era(only expansion) and it doesn't give you all the...

Dec 26, 2017
  31. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread A Merry Firiona Vie Christmas.

Many gifts were sent out today! Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I still have hundreds of collection sets to give away so don't be...

Dec 25, 2017
  32. AlmarsGuides liked gotwar's post in the thread A Merry Firiona Vie Christmas.

It has been wonderful to see the FV community come together over the Holidays to spread the Christmas cheer in 2017. I think I've seen...

Dec 25, 2017
  33. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread A Merry Firiona Vie Christmas.

Remember to leave your character's name/the character that you want me to parcel the items too!!! If not I am going to assume your forum...

Dec 25, 2017
  34. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread A Merry Firiona Vie Christmas.

Sent some Christmas gifts your way - Merry Christmas!

Dec 25, 2017
  35. AlmarsGuides posted a new thread.

A Merry Firiona Vie Christmas

Greetings fellow Norrathians! Tis I, Santa Almar. I have a special giveaway for everyone playing on the Firionia Vie server this holiday...

Forum: The Veterans' Lounge

Dec 25, 2017
  36. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread AC valued too little or other stats too highly?.

I dont have the formula for AC but I can show you the one for spell damage:...

Dec 24, 2017
  37. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Request: Cached copy of Ragefire Spells.

I messaged him with fingers crossed that he still has it/is willing to let me use it that way I can create my own guides

Dec 24, 2017
  38. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Request: Cached copy of Ragefire Spells.

Indeed I do know! It's quite time consuming making a guide for one class - it's even moreso doing it for all them! Your info will...

Dec 24, 2017
  39. AlmarsGuides posted a new thread.

Request: Cached copy of Ragefire Spells

I'm curious if anyone out there has been able to save a copy of Ragefire Spells since it went down. The original site is here:...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Dec 23, 2017
  40. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread What are the worse alternate abilities?.

You're right it doesn't affect spell gem cooldown but it does affect the refresh/cooldown for the forces you cast and in some battles...

Dec 12, 2017
  41. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread What are the worse alternate abilities?.

So you can only pull mobs that you've killed 100 of before? That sounds a bit inefficient =( Although, this is the best use of the...

Dec 12, 2017
  42. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread What are the worse alternate abilities?.

Banestrike. I don't feel like going through 4 pages to see if anyone said it. But Banestrike takes the cake.

Dec 9, 2017
  43. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Black Friday/Cyber Monday Expansion Discounts/Sale.

Thanks for letting me know now! I probably would have double checked before clicking buy and then grunted for an hour at the huge...

Nov 23, 2017
  44. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Black Friday/Cyber Monday Expansion Discounts/Sale.

Indeed, the closest and sweetest deal we ever got from Daybreak imo was when they let us buy TBM with Daybreak cash for two weeks....

Nov 23, 2017
  45. AlmarsGuides posted a new thread.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Expansion Discounts/Sale

Pretty pretty please with sugar on top? I have 12 more copies I want to buy and I would consider buying the Collector's Edition for the...

Nov 22, 2017
  46. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Offline Traders "Invalid Session" and other post patch issues.

It actually boots them out at the first try when you get "Invalid Session". So keep in mind that if you accidentally try to log into...

Nov 19, 2017
  47. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Offline Traders "Invalid Session" and other post patch issues.

I've never ever ever ever timed out on character select unless a server crashes. But what I am experiencing now is not a time out....

Nov 16, 2017
  48. AlmarsGuides posted a new thread.

Offline Traders "Invalid Session" and other post patch issues

With the patch that occured on 11/16/17 I have noticed two pretty darn annoying issues the first of which is you being disconnected when...

Forum: Player Support

Nov 16, 2017
  49. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread 105 Now what? Guide :).

I actually have a guide more or less for this exact purpose! It's not 100% finished but it has a lot of info...

Aug 25, 2017
  50. AlmarsGuides liked Sirene_Fippy's post in the thread Artisan Quest.

This should be all dropped items: 3 Marr Cherries (OoT forage) 1 Griffon Meat (EK, Jaggedpine, Nedaria griffons) 1 Steppes Reptile...

Aug 14, 2017
  51. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Tradeskills for Level 110 cap.

With the Tradeskill items now stacking to 1000 - I would like to make the argument to stack almost all items to 1000. The reason I am...

Aug 12, 2017
  52. AlmarsGuides liked Narogg's post in the thread Video lag issues with GeForce GTX 960.

I have experienced this. Type /log off is your lag goes away then its related to your anti virus scanning your log file. You can fix this...

Aug 3, 2017
  53. AlmarsGuides liked Paralyze's post in the thread Video lag issues with GeForce GTX 960.

I run a GTX 960 and encountered this problem on two systems. In August or October they changed the version of DX9 EQ is running. If you...

Aug 3, 2017
  54. AlmarsGuides liked bleyzsecret's post in the thread Video lag issues with GeForce GTX 960.

Hey I wanted to post a solution that I have found to work from extensive research on this problem that persists with the newer video cards....

Aug 3, 2017
  55. AlmarsGuides posted a new thread.

Shameless self promotion

Greetings Norrath! As many of you may already know I run a... as of more recently a semi-ok looking website for Everquest guides. The sad...

Jul 26, 2017
  56. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Almar's Guides - Updates & A heads up!!.

Delayed thanks for all the kind words but thanks none the less! I have pushed out another extremely major update, all - ALL of my...

Jul 24, 2017
  57. AlmarsGuides replied to the thread Need leveling advice please..

I have a lot of information for leveling during these levels (especially for boxers) on my website:...

Jul 24, 2017