alanus's Recent Activity

1. alanus liked Lluianae's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

It's been a while since I've been active here and in game due to life things, but I did catch a discussion of this thread in the Cleric...

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:54 AM
  2. alanus replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Mission Challenge Reward.

No idea, but it's the only +offense mod in game that I know of.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:00 PM
  3. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

The game has never been about who can solo well. Players choose classes based on that, but the game design is not about that....

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:28 PM
  4. alanus liked Cadira's post in the thread Updates for Tinkering.

People who can tinker can also smith, tailor, pottery, jewelcraft....etc. Being a tinker doesn't mean you're just a tinker. Being a...

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:28 PM
  5. alanus liked Cadira's post in the thread Updates for Tinkering.

That one item is the most valuable tradeskill item in the game, when it's the one item you don't have. But I get what you're saying and...

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:18 PM
  6. alanus liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread Updates for Tinkering.

Bring back crafted powersources that require a tinkering item. At least that was a consumable in high-ish demand.

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:18 PM
  7. alanus replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Raid - Leave it in all year.

Hopefully you guys don't get 2x soother or dorsal defense like we have

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:17 PM
  8. alanus liked Smokezz's post in the thread 25th Anniversary Raid - Leave it in all year.

I'll just say it now... we only got 8 raids this year. Leave the 25th anniversary raid in all year long like you did GMM. Honestly, it's...

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:05 PM
  9. alanus replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

That's fair, but they still won't be up to par without taking away some of shaman's heal ability. Shaman will still be better at both

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:02 PM
  10. alanus liked Ozon's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Druids could use a boost in heals and DPS, or more accurately mana management, in order to fully utilize the DPS they have now. But...

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:01 PM
  11. alanus liked Ozon's post in the thread Warriors need major revamps.

This was the classic warrior experience through Classic - Velious before the AoW died, even then aggro weapons were only if you got...

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:01 PM
  12. alanus liked Conq's post in the thread Warriors need major revamps.

FFS put TLP in the title of the post, so it can be filed appropriately. Conq

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:56 PM
  13. alanus liked Silvena's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

He means uploading, though.

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:15 PM
  14. alanus liked Conq's post in the thread How do i completely get rid of raid lag?.

This is a rule in our guild. Turn off Phub just while you raid. Then resume while we do loot. We are not barbarians. Conq

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:15 PM
  15. alanus replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Because right now shaman can out heal clerics. They can heal better than clerics, whose main job is supposed to be healing. Giving...

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:54 AM
  16. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Because that ignores the BASIC cleric issue - their healing isn't really that important. They are healers, yet shamans are better at...

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:52 AM
  17. alanus replied to the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Sometimes it is needed. If you made all heal classes as OP as shaman or all tank classes as OP as SK, the game would be way too easy....

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:31 AM
  18. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Game design and balance cannot only be adding and not removing. If DB accidentally gives rogues a million damage ability, that means...

Mar 27, 2024 at 11:30 AM
  19. alanus liked Raji's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Thank you VERY VERY much for your reply. This is well thought out, and honest.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:17 AM
  20. alanus liked josh's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

In my opinion the fix for lifetap from weapon damage is to make it so crits/cripples/slays/etc and spa 459 and 185 don't count towards...

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:12 AM
  21. alanus liked Warpeace's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

Did you say Shadow Knight...say it aint so.o_O

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:12 AM
  22. alanus liked niente's post in the thread Motivation To Play Clerics.

I made a post then edited it to a smiley face after thinking better of it. Then deleted it. I don't think my post being here or not is...

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:11 AM
  23. alanus replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Mission Challenge Reward.

For how easy the mission is? Yeah, it's way too good of a reward for the ease of the mission if it were to not be lore-group

Mar 27, 2024 at 5:49 AM
  24. alanus liked Lubianx's post in the thread best raid sk in game looking for non hacker guild.

Idol in ranged instead of a bow?

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:47 AM
  25. alanus posted a new thread.

Unkempt Woods Raid - Some initial wave mobs get stuck

In the Unkempt Woods raid, in the initial waves of mobs, some of them get stuck when pathing to the zone in area.

Forum: Bug Reports

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:18 AM
  26. alanus liked Darakar's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

Well, a quick upgrade with my progress. I have found out that when I use Glyph, my Tanking essentially becomes comparable to those of the...

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:07 AM
  27. alanus replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Mission Challenge Reward.

Having additional 20 defense and 20 offense might be a bit much for melee/tanks. One can currently do +20 offense and +10 defense....

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:05 AM
  28. alanus replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Mission Challenge Reward.

I think that might be a bit overpowering

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:44 AM
  29. alanus liked Shredd's post in the thread a forge courier.

Seen this bird on raids too.

Mar 24, 2024 at 12:00 PM
  30. alanus liked Moege's post in the thread a forge courier.

Seen this in the mission. Think it gets stuck on pathing then warps.

Mar 24, 2024 at 12:00 PM
  31. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Confirmed 25th Anniversary Raid items have no aug slots.

That would at least ensure that the gear doesn't get flushed in 9 months when the next expansion comes out.

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:47 PM
  32. alanus liked Szilent's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

no, Alanus refers there to Spirit Drinker's Coating Spirit Drinker's Coating Misc — 86647 MAGIC LORE NO TRADE PRESTIGE Slot: None...

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:45 PM
  33. alanus liked Maedhros's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

I think the problem with all this, is that you seem to be conflating what is best defensively with what is best overall. There is no...

Mar 21, 2024
  34. alanus replied to the thread Anniversary Mission ?.

I thought it was pretty solid. Easy, but anniversary missions should be

Mar 20, 2024
  35. alanus liked Brontus's post in the thread Daybreak Launches Content Creator Program.

This is truly exciting and the best news I've heard in years! A collaborative relationship between developers and players is the...

Mar 19, 2024
  36. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

If they did another round, they should have a level cap that is consistant. Lets say at 130. You get them for several expacs but not...

Mar 19, 2024
  37. alanus liked Maedhros's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

The epic design of all those classes 20 years ago was just wildly inconsistent and has been a dramatic point of class balance for all this...

Mar 19, 2024
  38. alanus liked Lubianx's post in the thread Not A Bug Some JERK put a campfire on TOP of the rock in Riwwi.

At least it wasn't on top of the Seru or Bloodfields one. Whoever thought of putting that Bloodfields one where it is must be incredibly...

Mar 18, 2024
  39. alanus replied to the thread 25th Anniversary Mission Challenge Reward.

You can re-run it and choose another one

Mar 18, 2024
  40. alanus liked CdeezNotes's post in the thread 25th Anniversary Mission Challenge Reward.

Well, defense mod is terrible so that makes the choice quite obvious for tanks. Offense with tear.

Mar 18, 2024
  41. alanus replied to the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

It was a pretty big reason. The top guilds had all farmed the heck out of PoP, and GoD was impossibly difficult so there was nothing to...

Mar 17, 2024
  42. alanus posted a new thread.

24th anniversary mission - Reetuk the Inexorable lockout time is 6 hours instead of 5

Every other anniversary mission is 5 hours, but this one is set to 6. I don't think this is intentional

Forum: Bug Reports

Mar 17, 2024
  43. alanus replied to the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

This. Tunat wasn't killed until way after OOW was out. Tunat was very difficult back then. Uqua (first flag raid) was not beatable...

Mar 17, 2024
  44. alanus liked Marton's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

Many guilds folded due to GoD and a large amount of people left the game back then. Devs themselves admitted that GoD was bad.

Mar 17, 2024
  45. alanus liked TillasX's post in the thread Confirmed 25th Anniversary Raid items have no aug slots.

No augmentation slots on new items--no type 3, no type 8, no type 5.[IMG]

Mar 16, 2024
  46. alanus replied to the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

8 raids is fine. I'd prefer 9, but we can clear them pretty quickly and it gives me more time back in my evening. Not the end of the world...

Mar 15, 2024
  47. alanus liked Conq's post in the thread Fixed Internally extra planar potential shard.

Hope the sellers on Tunare enjoyed the prices I've been paying for these, cuz if they're dropping again, I'm dropping prices! Conq

Mar 15, 2024
  48. alanus liked Mrtyu's post in the thread Fixed Internally extra planar potential shard.

This is valid. Will get this fixed for next update.

Mar 15, 2024
  49. alanus liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread AMA Response Feedback.

I think Absor, like all the devs, have a very narrow vision when it comes to the game. If someone asks for group requirements to be...

Mar 15, 2024
  50. alanus liked JeffHanson's post in the thread AMA Response Feedback.

Since the designers don't seem to understand this, here's an example of how this actually plays out in game. If a mission requires three...

Mar 15, 2024
  51. alanus liked Syylke_EMarr's post in the thread [PAL] unlink timer 11 discs (Armor vs Penitence).

I'm not that person, but I definitely think Pallies need a version of Reaver's Bargain. Not only is it something I think they should...

Mar 15, 2024
  52. alanus replied to the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

This. And can you imagine the cluster that would happen with no failure message and a bugged chieve, like Stay Close in Pit Fight last...

Mar 15, 2024
  53. alanus liked Lilfella's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

Making vanquisher the tracking metric is just going to have guilds raiding at midnight 5.5 days after raids launch. It would not be an...

Mar 15, 2024
  54. alanus liked Cassiera's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

Fwiw raids were pretty much beaten day one on beta as well, so this isn't really relevant to the difficulty discussion. As for making...

Mar 15, 2024
  55. alanus liked code-zero's post in the thread So... *attended* automated gameplay IS allowed?.

It's really simple. Suppose some sharp coder writes an app that does all manner of illegal stuff in game. Warping across zones, nodelay...

Mar 14, 2024
  56. alanus liked Zalkk - AB's post in the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

The amount of power increase between expansions raid gear is a tiny amount you know that? To have a final tier so far above t1 gear that...

Mar 13, 2024
  57. alanus liked Paye's post in the thread QA In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

I'd suggest that player race, shrink, and levi isn't relevant to the issue. When it happens the entire group is unable to hit not a single...

Mar 13, 2024
  58. alanus liked The real Sandaormo's post in the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

If you need video evidence then you would need about 3 different videos of all that's going on after the first event is starting in some of...

Mar 13, 2024
  59. alanus liked Elkar Headhunter's post in the thread Warrior beta feedback not being addressed.

Now that battle leap is out of the way we should rally for some much-needed AE aggro boosts. I realize that our knight counterparts...

Mar 12, 2024
  60. alanus replied to the thread T3 Raid Bug: Artisan & The Druid - A Soldier Spawn/health reset.

This happened to us on an early attempt, too. We had Ogna at like 20% and then got the soldier adds and they would leash and summon...

Mar 12, 2024
  61. alanus liked Fanra's post in the thread Anniversary Overseer Quests?.

Thank you for the answer. I somehow thought I saw somewhere that we would be getting new anniversary overseer quests this year. I...

Mar 12, 2024
  62. alanus liked Fenthen's post in the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

We would have broken raids, or no raids at all, until like August. The reason the strategies are provided by Absor is so that we can...

Mar 12, 2024
  63. alanus liked Zaray's post in the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

Why do some members of the community only now strongly feel the need to change how the "race" is won?

Mar 12, 2024
  64. alanus liked Fenthen's post in the thread Confirmed 'Plucked' raid achievement is bugged.

Hopefully we get this fixed mid-April, especially since it's confirmed.

Mar 12, 2024
  65. alanus liked The real Sandaormo's post in the thread Sad.

The attitude these days is if your not in the top 2 finishing guilds, your are a trash player. That's fine, only the people that have...

Mar 12, 2024
  66. alanus replied to the thread QA In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS.

It seems to happen when mobs are on angled ground or something similar. I've had it happen mostly when swarming and I don't pull to a level...

Mar 11, 2024
  67. alanus liked Cicelee's post in the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

Agree with everything except the quoted part. The raids are easy, I agree. Tbey should be more difficult, I agree. But when you say they...

Mar 11, 2024
  68. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

It is currently the honor system. Guild leadership of each guild has a login to EGL and submit their timestamps. That's how FU...

Mar 11, 2024
  69. alanus liked GrandOpener's post in the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

I don't actually know how proof is submitted right now, but everything mentioned here is easily falsifiable, so it would essentially...

Mar 11, 2024
  70. alanus liked Drakang's post in the thread Confirmed 'Plucked' raid achievement is bugged.

Killed only 3 so had small blue aura. Nobody got plucked.

Mar 11, 2024
  71. alanus liked Axxius's post in the thread Confirmed 'Plucked' raid achievement is bugged.

In that case the description is misleading and needs to be fixed.

Mar 11, 2024
  72. alanus replied to the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

Another issue with using vanquisher is that in TOL and NOS there were achievements that could not be gotten on the same raid as other...

Mar 11, 2024
  73. alanus replied to the thread EQ "Raid Race" 2025 Parameters- Change?.

That is way too complex. It's fine the way it is.

Mar 11, 2024
  74. alanus replied to the thread Does the neck drop anymore?.

I haven't seen one in FF for some time but I saw some in HAF last week

Mar 11, 2024
  75. alanus liked Sancus's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

Vanquisher was not completable on T3 availability for two of the past three expansions due to bugs. It's also very common that, even if...

Mar 8, 2024
  76. alanus replied to the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

Vanquisher wouldn't have worked last year since Stay Close was bugged until April's patch.

Mar 8, 2024
  77. alanus liked sieger's post in the thread T3 Raids Finished Day 1.

It is the fact no one wants to farm 25-35 minute fights all year long, it isn't about race day. Super long fights are not enjoyable for...

Mar 3, 2024
  78. alanus liked Drakang's post in the thread Confirmed 'Plucked' raid achievement is bugged.

Or they wanted you to have to move which would mean leaving one archer up.

Mar 3, 2024
  79. alanus liked FawnTemplar's post in the thread Congrats Silent Redemption.

If the community wants to have this discussion then cool but today isn't the time and this thread isn't the place. SR won today and...

Mar 2, 2024
  80. alanus liked Sancus's post in the thread Congrats Silent Redemption.

Congratulations!

Mar 2, 2024
  81. alanus liked FawnTemplar's post in the thread Congrats Silent Redemption.

Great work and well done to you guys. <3

Mar 2, 2024
  82. alanus replied to the thread Confirmed 'Plucked' raid achievement is bugged.

We had this happen, too

Mar 2, 2024
  83. alanus liked Axxius's post in the thread Confirmed 'Plucked' raid achievement is bugged.

The achievement 'Plucked' in the Final Fugue raid is bugged in the same way it was bugged in the mission version of it at the release....

Mar 2, 2024
  84. alanus liked Ratalthor's post in the thread Confirmed the reward system.

The T3 raids will use the old reward system. We will continue to work on addressing the performance issues with the new reward system.

Mar 2, 2024
  85. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Well most people don't want to spend more time than needed for an encounter. More DPS = faster kills = can do more events in a shorter...

Mar 1, 2024
  86. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

In EQ, DPS is king.

Mar 1, 2024
  87. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

That's not how it works, though. More dps = mobs die faster. More heals after overheal = nothing happens

Mar 1, 2024
  88. alanus liked Ozon's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

WE (SKs) proposed that years ago, that we got a revers cleric epic line, where we siphoned off HPs from the group to keep us alive....

Mar 1, 2024
  89. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Seed of Hatred in 165s, 5.13B Damage @31.08M, 1. Aallayna = 750.63M@4.61M in 163s {7D} Seed of Hatred in 165s, 121.28M Heals @735.06K,...

Mar 1, 2024
  90. alanus liked Petalonyx's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

This doesn't get highlighted that often. It's much more than tanking, self-healing, burst DPS and sustained DPS where SK outshine...

Mar 1, 2024
  91. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

dps is way more important than healing after you have enough healing. over heals do nothing

Mar 1, 2024
  92. alanus liked Cadira's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

More dps in raids is always better. More healing outside of what your shaman and clerics are doing is almost entirely irrelevant.

Mar 1, 2024
  93. alanus liked Tuco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I main changed to a Shadow Knight two expansion ago. The amount of group contribution a shadow knight gives is crazy. Their epic...

Mar 1, 2024
  94. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

It's not, though. There's more to raids than just healing.

Mar 1, 2024
  95. alanus liked Cadira's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Most raid guilds "need" 1-2 pallies for splash on certain events. The same guilds "want" sks to do all the heavy lifting in terms of tanks...

Mar 1, 2024
  96. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

There isn't a one off answer to your question. It depends on what the raid needs. If the raid needs more DPS or tanks, then the SK is...

Mar 1, 2024
  97. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

You still haven't answered our question as to what class you play and shown your parses of paladins topping dps parses on raid events...

Mar 1, 2024
  98. alanus liked Darakar's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I think these kinds of traps are hilarious. I had a colleague try that on me ages ago. "You know, Dara, let's find out how much you know...

Mar 1, 2024
  99. alanus liked Warpeace's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

That epic click is the thing sexual fantasies are made of.

Mar 1, 2024
  100. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Again, paladins can tank a lot of mobs, too, but it's rough. SK can do it in their sleep. I had to glyph up and chain cast valiant +...

Feb 29, 2024
  101. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

On an undead raid, yes, a paladin will be able to out-dps an SK if focused on DPS. Especially if they aren't concerned about tanking...

Feb 29, 2024
  102. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Again proof please. Show me the parses of paladins topping parses on live (which is most all) targets. Show me how paladins ever do...

Feb 29, 2024
  103. alanus replied to the thread Should there be intended unbeatable raids?.

yes, at least GoD was. This is how I heard it: GoD was around the time of everquest 2 and also was supposed to get a level increase....

Feb 29, 2024
  104. alanus liked Andarriel's post in the thread Should there be intended unbeatable raids?.

Didnt GoD and underfoot pretty much have unbeatable final raids when they were current?

Feb 29, 2024
  105. alanus liked Jack's post in the thread Druid’s ability to recoup mana.

First of all, no one has called for anyone to be nerfed. Also, the healing nerf that just happened isn't as big as some people are...

Feb 29, 2024
  106. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Druid’s ability to recoup mana.

This makes no sense. IF you have an OP class, and ONLY bring everyone else up to its level, the game breaks, because everyone is soo OP...

Feb 29, 2024
  107. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Druid’s ability to recoup mana.

It certainly is the end of the world that the first wave of 1 shaman spell is not twincast anymore. Que Horrible! So much nerf! Don't...

Feb 29, 2024
  108. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I'll take your word on it. I don't play warrior and know little about playing one, so I retract my statement.

Feb 29, 2024
  109. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I would say it's more that your SK aren't in a dps group. Out of curiosity, do you play a SK? Or a paladin? Paladins are good at...

Feb 28, 2024
  110. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Show us counter evidence that pals are as op as SKs mmats. Please I'm not "attacking the troll". I'm serious. Show us all the paladins...

Feb 28, 2024
  111. alanus liked E'ci - Knight Errant's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Executed completely a tank: 1. acquires the focus of the mob 2. survives the focus of the mob 3. facilitates the destruction of the mob...

Feb 28, 2024
  112. alanus liked Cadira's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Sks in a dps group can do 2.5 to 3m dps easy over the entire raid. Pretty close to top dps classes. Obv you can't throw 2 or 3 in a dps...

Feb 28, 2024
  113. alanus replied to the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

This fixed it for me. Thank you!

Feb 28, 2024
  114. alanus liked Cairbrae's post in the thread Memory Mode Loading Changes.

For those who want to wait for textures to load while zoning, please try this in your custom copy of Memory.ini. This is tuned to...

Feb 28, 2024
  115. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Ordering Kronos.

Because they want to make sure the purchase clears. When you use a CC at a store, the store doesn't immediately get the money, it can take...

Feb 28, 2024
  116. alanus liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Ordering Kronos.

The issue comes up when someone purchases a krono, trades it to someone else and then either the payment fails or is charged back.

Feb 28, 2024
  117. alanus liked error's post in the thread BiC Aug Update Idea.

Spiritual successor to BiC is fine but no reason to link it to the old BiC. Maybe some flavor dialogue or skip a trivial starter step for...

Feb 28, 2024
  118. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

We have put SKs in our DPS groups and they've topped the parse. It doesn't happen 100% of the time but happens regularly enough. If...

Feb 28, 2024
  119. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

This doesn't make sense. The things priests care about are: 1. dps 2. buffing (especially adps if possible) 3. healing Shamans are pretty...

Feb 28, 2024
  120. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: SK can regularly top DPS parse if you have SK who know what they're doing and...

Feb 28, 2024
  121. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

The incredibly low skill floor of SK sure can't have anything to do with it. SK can just chain a tap and do perfectly fine tanking -...

Feb 28, 2024
  122. alanus replied to the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Paladin dps is awful (except on undead), and generally paladin DPS will be even worse with a sword/board while tanking on raids, while...

Feb 27, 2024
  123. alanus liked Fintank's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Rangers are in no way, shape or form in a hole due to the nature of any specific thing. I assume you're referring to headshot, multiple...

Feb 27, 2024
  124. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I don't think slay matters. Its a nice bonus against 1 mob type for damage. However, ignoring the vast dps gulf between the 2 classes,...

Feb 27, 2024
  125. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

I think Szilent is on to something. Its much easier to be an ok SK than an ok Paladin. One way to balance things I suppose would be give...

Feb 26, 2024
  126. alanus liked Knifen's post in the thread Collection Suggestion.

Sure there are Having a hard time getting that last one to fill in set. Immediate satisfaction Time allocated to playing, but still...

Feb 23, 2024
  127. alanus liked Jack's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

As stated a couple of posts above, with both of the fire and ice remote lines timer tied together and the recast time on it, it makes...

Feb 23, 2024
  128. alanus liked Maztastic's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

He is saying druids should heal better but he doesn't think you can balance the classes out just by making druids heal more. Doesn't...

Feb 23, 2024
  129. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

Please, do show us the Paladins who are regularily topping the dps charts (espeically if its not the rare undead thing). Show us the...

Feb 23, 2024
  130. alanus liked Jack's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

Cleary you must play with the worst shamans in game because I see shaman top 5ing healing and dps parses way more often than I see...

Feb 23, 2024
  131. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

I could easily argue that a hybrid like bst/rng could heal a single target better than a druid with the changes to their direct...

Feb 23, 2024
  132. alanus replied to the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

I would say paladins are a tank class and druids should be considered a priest class that can DPS (similar to shaman) at the expense of...

Feb 23, 2024
  133. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

Kneecapping an entire class because a top 1% can perform exceptionally well is a woefully broken mindset. I topped the tanking, dps...

Feb 23, 2024
  134. alanus liked Cadira's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

Paladin, a tank, is more of a priest than a druid, an actual priest.

Feb 23, 2024
  135. alanus liked Xandos's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

Well i can understand if theres some Confusion as a Paladin, atleast in my Book, isnt counted as a Priest but as a Tank/Knight. But i...

Feb 23, 2024
  136. alanus replied to the thread Quest Nerf.

Considering how fast and easy this quest was, I am surprised that anyone is shocked that it got nerfed. It was long overdue

Feb 22, 2024
  137. alanus liked Smokezz's post in the thread Quest Nerf.

I had no idea only raiders have been playing for a couple months. This is a really dumb comment, everyone under the sun has been running...

Feb 22, 2024
  138. alanus liked E'ci - Knight Errant's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

There are many persons who refrained (out of either a sense of principle or pride) from making accusations. However, Personas have...

Feb 22, 2024
  139. alanus liked Tatanka's post in the thread Masks from Tower.

Unless you're F2P. Or don't have any items beyond T1 from expacs (srcubs, I know, but they DO exist). I myself only have luck on ~4-5...

Feb 22, 2024
  140. alanus liked Velisaris_MS's post in the thread Quest Nerf.

Yep. A 2 min task with no killing that awards 35 AA every 30 min was NEVER go to stay around very long. To think otherwise is just...

Feb 22, 2024
  141. alanus liked 666DPSweDeliver's post in the thread Quest Nerf.

Because 35 AA for no risk and little effort was way too much reward.

Feb 22, 2024
  142. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

Not when they are true. Anyone who thinks SK's don't dwarf paladins isn't being honest

Feb 21, 2024
  143. alanus liked Alkyvret's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

Mana regen compared to shamans canni? Are you joking? Druids get, like, 20k mana off of bear. This was going to be buffed this patch,...

Feb 21, 2024
  144. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Make EQ Open Source.

Hey X company - you should give up all your IP and make it free for everyone! Let anyone upload stuff to your servers, that won't ever...

Feb 21, 2024
  145. alanus replied to the thread Make EQ Open Source.

With how convoluted the source code is and how small the staff is these days, I doubt that it would do much good to cut down on...

Feb 21, 2024
  146. alanus liked Cadira's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Almost made a long pointless post but I'll just sum it up saying: I agree the devs don't seem to care much anymore about us, but lower lvl...

Feb 21, 2024
  147. alanus liked Cadira's post in the thread Yet another I'm quiting post....

Should have stopped here.

Feb 21, 2024
  148. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

Learn the best spell lineup for survival, dps and aggro, as well as your disc stacking. Seed of Hatred in 165s, 5.13B Damage @31.08M, 1....

Feb 21, 2024
  149. alanus liked Lubianx's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

I think I may have to make myself MT for Seed next time :)

Feb 21, 2024
  150. alanus liked Petalonyx's post in the thread Unlucky on luck augs or drop rates messed up.

I get about 50/50 devotee and luck from Bidils raid trash (has varied from about 3 total to 11 total drops, always some of each type).

Feb 20, 2024
  151. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

Your really insulting druids for wanting to even be relevant?

Feb 20, 2024
  152. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

Tell me you've never played a druid without telling me... First thing I'm gonna correct is the mention that your healing was cut in...

Feb 20, 2024
  153. alanus liked Cadira's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

I agree with most of the post, y'all know I'm a crusader for improving druid healing. .....but a druid spamming 'vida is, at a minimum,...

Feb 20, 2024
  154. alanus replied to the thread Make EQ Open Source.

If EQ were made open source the cheating would get far worse

Feb 20, 2024
  155. alanus liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Make EQ Open Source.

They also have a much smaller player base and can ban players with little to support the ban unlike what Daybreak can do with the paid...

Feb 20, 2024
  156. alanus liked E'ci - Knight Errant's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Most of those abilities should have gone to Druids, not Shaman.

Feb 19, 2024
  157. alanus liked shiftie's post in the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Given the relatively low low low dps of the fury line they should just add renewing steel to that line without a proc count and adjust the...

Feb 19, 2024
  158. alanus liked Lubianx's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

Use your tribute as well. You get so much that using it on raids is a must

Feb 19, 2024
  159. alanus liked Maedhros's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Frankly I think Sancus should be directly consulted on any conceptual change to pets every single time and given a commission. The amount...

Feb 19, 2024
  160. alanus replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

This. Innate heals are great and all that, but we already need to load so many spells to be effective tanks that it's just not worth...

Feb 19, 2024
  161. alanus liked Maedhros's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I think what happened, is that the Steel line was brought up many times over the years as needing a massive update, or making it an AA,...

Feb 19, 2024
  162. alanus liked Stephen51's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I was reading the comments, and saw this, and I had to log in to add my voice. NO ONE USES THE STUPID SPELL. Any new spell you come...

Feb 19, 2024
  163. alanus liked Maedhros's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

From all this, the biggest mistake you made is going heroic agility. As a group tank, there is no comparison, heroic dex is by far...

Feb 19, 2024
  164. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

sadly, this is the single biggest upgrade

Feb 19, 2024
  165. alanus liked yepmetoo's post in the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

Main change to SK, done. Or just prepare to struggle through.

Feb 19, 2024
  166. alanus replied to the thread How to further reduce incoming damage? Current Raid Content Offtanking Paladin....

I go hdex and hagi, but am over 4k hdex so I started swapping over to hagi. I did some parsing and did have a 2% higher avoidance when I...

Feb 19, 2024
  167. alanus replied to the thread Tank Trophies 2024.

I use: Crest of Heroism (LS) Lost Wayfarer's Tent (Anni) Scavenger's Prize (ROS) Rallos Zek's Axe Replica (TOV) Shadow Torchiere (TOL)...

Feb 17, 2024
  168. alanus liked Peter_The_great's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

I agree, Druid class need some love.. they are falling behind and soon to be forgotten as the Paladin vs living things.

Feb 17, 2024
  169. alanus liked Szilent's post in the thread Druid’s Healing Disadvantages.

I'm really insulting players that think the output of /who explains their being benched for a mercenary.

Feb 17, 2024
  170. alanus replied to the thread Unlucky on luck augs or drop rates messed up.

I've seen just as many luck augs as devotee's focus, if not more

Feb 16, 2024
  171. alanus liked 666DPSweDeliver's post in the thread Talk about T3 raids upcoming.

Agreed. In fact, the "harder" achievement for that event is the hot potato achievement only because it randomly respawns on ppl...

Feb 16, 2024
  172. alanus liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Talk about T3 raids upcoming.

That one really isn't hard to get.

Feb 16, 2024
  173. alanus liked Maedhros's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I am hoping this is the first step in improving priest balance. Personally I would have boosted clerics and druids healing performance...

Feb 14, 2024
  174. alanus liked Maedhros's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

it doesnt even matter. this won't effect the extreme overpower of a shaman ae healing really at all. Unless maybe you only had 1 shammy...

Feb 14, 2024
  175. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Since you have all this time to work on changes to 3 AA focus lines covering 2 knights....you have time to release Champion's Oath/Reaver's...

Feb 14, 2024
  176. alanus liked Conq's post in the thread Mercs dropping because too many players.

Seems like a perk to me. Conq

Feb 14, 2024
  177. alanus liked Yinla's post in the thread Guild ts depot.

With the personal TS depot having an exploit this year I'm not surprised it has gone by the wayside. There could also be a an issue...

Feb 14, 2024
  178. alanus liked Tatanka's post in the thread Guild ts depot.

Not sure I would agree with that. It was on the 2023 road map. In my book, that's a promised feature.

Feb 14, 2024
  179. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Guild ts depot.

It'll be available with Champion's Oath and and the upgrade to Reaver's Bargain.

Feb 14, 2024
  180. alanus liked aozs's post in the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

I'm of the opinion that Reaver's Bargain was a mistake. Heavy mitigation cooldowns should be the domain of warriors, especially considering...

Feb 14, 2024
  181. alanus liked Wulfhere's post in the thread Lets be real Paladins (2021 Beta).

Good consolidation ideas. The theme of Renewing Steel is actually really paladin-like, as I said a few years ago. The reason it does...

Feb 14, 2024
  182. alanus liked Zeelot's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Shaman change aside, the knight changes make 0 sense and are nothing about balancing. Forcing knights to rebuff their self buffs more...

Feb 14, 2024
  183. alanus liked Maedhros's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Gee another nerf to paladins. Outstanding. You know, I agree, when I look at the state of tanks, I immediately zero in, not on the SK, but...

Feb 14, 2024
  184. alanus liked Wulfhere's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I haven't changed my mind in the past few years. No thanks....

Feb 14, 2024
  185. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

I need you to stop listening to the vocal few who have no idea how to play their class. The cost of Extended Rejuvenating Steel Focus...

Feb 14, 2024
  186. alanus liked Warpeace's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Rejuvenating Steel line post patch is tempting... If you make it an AA:( Its just not going to get a spell gem. Listen to class...

Feb 13, 2024
  187. alanus liked yepmetoo's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Nerfing the preservation focus is pointless, just makes it more annoying. Adding the rejuvenating steel focus is absolutely moronic. I...

Feb 13, 2024
  188. alanus liked Zeelot's post in the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

This change doesn't make much sense either. If anything these spells should last longer because it is just annoying to recast them...

Feb 13, 2024
  189. alanus replied to the thread Test Update 02/13/2024 - Patch Notes and Discussions.

Why nerf Preservation of Marr focus? You'd only use up all of the charges if you were swarming. This just means we gotta cast it more...

Feb 13, 2024
  190. alanus liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Why do collectibles stack to 100?.

To help with inventory management when you get a lot of one collectable while you are looking for a rare one and minimize the number of...

Feb 12, 2024
  191. alanus replied to the thread Raids.

Raids are already easy. They don't need to up the limit of people to make them even easier

Feb 12, 2024
  192. alanus liked Kalamos's post in the thread Red Dragon Scales - Tower Collection Set.

Well don't I feel stupid. Yes, somehow those two ended up in a different bag. I didn't think to look as I had intentionally moved these to...

Feb 8, 2024
  193. alanus liked Allayna's post in the thread Acolyte's Casting Ice of Legacies Lost.

Maybe I'm the odd one here, but whenever I see a "not a bug" get moved to another forum for discussion my read of that is "not a bug, but...

Feb 7, 2024
  194. alanus liked SteamFox's post in the thread Acolyte's Casting Ice of Legacies Lost.

I got the impression these were not meant to be upgrades to Rallos augs but alternative ways to get them in modern content if you didn't...

Feb 7, 2024
  195. alanus liked fransisco's post in the thread Question regarding Balance: SK Epic vs. Pally Epic.

The issue is saying "paladins are fine, they are just fine". Well, druids and paladins can both do damage. Hence their dps "is fine"....

Feb 5, 2024