Accipiter's Recent Activity

1. Accipiter replied to the thread Confession Corner.

I had a co-worker years ago who had a cleric and an enchanter. He'd hang out in Kelethin and if a noob wanted a bind he'd say, "OK, no...

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:27 PM
  2. Accipiter replied to the thread Bazaar.

By November I assume you mean April when crude oil prices went negative.

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:31 PM
  3. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

You said user-made maps should be considered 3rd party software. I think it's pretty clear why you are getting pushback.

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:46 AM
  4. Accipiter replied to the thread I have to say...This zone crashing bug is very annoying..

That's the only time I see it, too.

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:39 AM
  5. Accipiter replied to the thread Enchanter Guide?.

Same here. For some reason Beguiler's Banishment works through walls where the shaman beam version of Virulent Paralysis does not.

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:54 PM
  6. Accipiter replied to the thread Meeting EQ people in RL, what's your story?.

One year, a bunch of guildies came to one of the LV Fan Faires. I don't remember the year but somewhere around 2005-2007. There were...

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:41 PM
  7. Accipiter replied to the thread Meeting EQ people in RL, what's your story?.

Wait, that was you? (yes, I read the disclaimer)

Feb 25, 2021 at 11:20 AM
  8. Accipiter replied to the thread Meet the devs: NGreth.

It's good to put a face with the name. I always appreciated that Ngreth put his name in his sig.

Feb 25, 2021 at 10:38 AM
  9. Accipiter replied to the thread Do we really need emotes on raids?.

Back in original OOW it took us many, many tries to beat the Simon Says MPG trial (whatever it's called). It was always that one halfling...

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:53 AM
  10. Accipiter replied to the thread Logging in.

Better idea: Ban Hicks from the boards, too. C'mon, Hicks, you can do it!

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:51 AM
  11. Accipiter replied to the thread Bazaar.

Worst. Thread. Ever.

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:05 AM
  12. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

That's the smartest thing you've said all week. Well done.

Feb 24, 2021 at 4:29 PM
  13. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

I have at least some degree of faith that dreamweaver and the like will be sure whomever is in charge of the GMs will see this. I...

Feb 24, 2021 at 4:28 PM
  14. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

I absolutely refuse to send /say to a separate window or to try to do anything to ensure I don't miss a /say from a GM. If I get 7...

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:45 PM
  15. Accipiter liked Sancus's post in the thread Phinigel Beats Mearatas In The 11th Hour!.

They aren't pretty much identical. The AA changes in ToV were a large part of the overall DPS increases going from TBL to ToV, and those...

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:37 PM
  16. Accipiter liked sieger's post in the thread Phinigel Beats Mearatas In The 11th Hour!.

I think the closer you get to modern eras the less difference there is. We've always had a few people rattling around on Selo that were...

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:36 PM
  17. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread Phinigel Beats Mearatas In The 11th Hour!.

I think TBL on a TLP is pretty equivalent to live, there may be a less than 5% increase in power on TLP vs Live but you also have to...

Feb 24, 2021 at 1:36 PM
  18. Accipiter replied to the thread Phinigel Beats Mearatas In The 11th Hour!.

This got me thinking. Are the player power increases on TLPs bigger/better than on Live one year ago? I assumed TLPs and Live were pretty...

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:46 AM
  19. Accipiter replied to the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

We have reached a new low.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:26 AM
  20. Accipiter liked Machen's post in the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

Which would be great, if they weren't also banning people on the server where DPG staff explicitly said it was ok to use that...

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:25 AM
  21. Accipiter replied to the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

Wrong. It's 82.33%, repeating, of course.

Feb 24, 2021 at 10:24 AM
  22. Accipiter replied to the thread Phinigel Beats Mearatas In The 11th Hour!.

Holy crap, man, get a grip. Stop dumping on this achievement. Did you beat Mearatas in 2 months?

Feb 24, 2021 at 9:54 AM
  23. Accipiter replied to the thread Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?.

FTFY

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:43 AM
  24. Accipiter replied to the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

Pretty sure you missed his point, smart guy. He meant he has regular old EQ hotkeys for /autoinv and /destroy.

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:11 AM
  25. Accipiter replied to the thread This has to stop... Please DPG.....

It's pretty hard to use an auto clicker when chatting. ;)

Feb 23, 2021 at 9:09 AM
  26. Accipiter replied to the thread If you started a new Enchanter??.

Ah, that you did. I missed it the first time because the all caps "USELESS" grabbed my attention. "Merc healers are nothing...

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:04 PM
  27. Accipiter replied to the thread If you started a new Enchanter??.

Unlikely.

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:57 AM
  28. Accipiter replied to the thread If you started a new Enchanter??.

Hardly. I max my group gear every expansion. With a merc cleric. The mercs are nothing compared to a real player but to say they are...

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:55 AM
  29. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

You clearly play a single character, if you play at all. I 5 box and the amount of spam that flies by is impossible to keep up with....

Feb 19, 2021
  30. Accipiter replied to the thread you call yours self a veteran but....

Welcome to the purple club!

Feb 19, 2021
  31. Accipiter replied to the thread If you started a new Enchanter??.

I don't doubt your observation but I can't help but add my own experience. My main is a group-geared SK. Phinny is in TBL so that's...

Feb 19, 2021
  32. Accipiter liked Tatanka's post in the thread How come....

Reminds me of the early days of EQ. Would port to DL and run to meet friends at KC. I'd hit the ground (with lev) WAY before I got to...

Feb 19, 2021
  33. Accipiter replied to the thread How come....

This is the biggest factor, IMO. When my boxes are on autofollow the characters on the lower performing laptops always sink. Pretty...

Feb 19, 2021
  34. Accipiter liked Zinth's post in the thread Aradune Down.

they finally dragged it out behind the barn and put it down?

Feb 19, 2021
  35. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Keep beating that horse, buddy.

Feb 19, 2021
  36. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Aren't they frequently invisible when they pull this crap?

Feb 19, 2021
  37. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

That's exactly how I feel about it.

Feb 18, 2021
  38. Accipiter liked Machen's post in the thread AFK Checks.

I (hope) I am not with you on this. I've used the same main account for 20 years. Never received so much as a warning in all that...

Feb 18, 2021
  39. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

I don't get the context, but OK.

Feb 18, 2021
  40. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Clearly not the same thing. That's the point. It's totally inconsistent.

Feb 17, 2021
  41. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

My opinion: No. Everything they do is backwards. They let the automated multi-boxers (non-Rizlona) dp whatever they want and...

Feb 17, 2021
  42. Accipiter liked Machen's post in the thread AFK Checks.

Dreamweaver has specifically responded to me in discord on this issue and declined to comment. He is aware of it and unwilling or...

Feb 17, 2021
  43. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

OMG, I'm dying laughing. A true nobody comes here and calls Machen a nobody.

Feb 17, 2021
  44. Accipiter replied to the thread AFK Checks.

Really? And you know this how? Hyperbole much?

Feb 17, 2021
  45. Accipiter replied to the thread Proposed QoL Epic 1.0 Changes.

I simply meant that some folks won't see that era for quite a while.

Feb 16, 2021
  46. Accipiter replied to the thread Rogue Stuff.

This isn't the Live Servers forum.

Feb 16, 2021
  47. Accipiter replied to the thread Proposed QoL Epic 1.0 Changes.

LOL, thanks for the advice. I perhaps should have said that my SK is group geared. Once geared in top group gear I didn't have much...

Feb 16, 2021
  48. Accipiter replied to the thread Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?.

I can't decide whether I hate PoR or DoN more.

Feb 16, 2021
  49. Accipiter replied to the thread STOP AFK EXP GRINDS (riz server).

You're kidding yourself if you think fully automated afk killing isn't happening on Aradune daily and by a number of groups. No, I...

Feb 16, 2021
  50. Accipiter replied to the thread Agnarr is the best server in eq’s history ..

Phinny would like to have a word.

Feb 12, 2021
  51. Accipiter replied to the thread 15% Off Sales - Any Recommendations?.

Interesting.

Feb 12, 2021
  52. Accipiter replied to the thread 15% Off Sales - Any Recommendations?.

What is the rank 2 unlocker called? I couldn't find it (the store's Find function is awful).

Feb 12, 2021
  53. Accipiter liked WaitingforMoreEQ's post in the thread Warping in the grey and scarlet desert.

League almost as toxic as these boards.

Feb 12, 2021
  54. Accipiter replied to the thread Warping in the grey and scarlet desert.

And suddenly it all becomes clear. ;-)

Feb 12, 2021
  55. Accipiter replied to the thread What 4th to add to SK+Shm+Zerker? (Mangler, 70+ content).

Bard

Feb 12, 2021
  56. Accipiter liked Nennius's post in the thread FV Trained - Not sure where to put.

This story details a bit about the origins of EQ. You will have to scroll down a bit to find a mention of Verant....

Feb 12, 2021
  57. Accipiter replied to the thread Proposed QoL Epic 1.0 Changes.

I know this is a long ways down the road for some of you, but TBM and later I have to use sword and board on named mobs if I plan on...

Feb 12, 2021
  58. Accipiter replied to the thread FV Trained - Not sure where to put.

Sony Online Entertainment always owned EQ up to the point they sold to DBG. 989 Studios was Sony. I'm less clear on whether Verant...

Feb 10, 2021
  59. Accipiter replied to the thread you call yours self a veteran but....

And once you are dumped in OOT you really have no idea which way to swim to even find land. You had to get out your EQAtlas binder...

Feb 10, 2021
  60. Accipiter replied to the thread is Everquest 3 news coming soon......

At best it was a poorly-worded sentence.

Feb 10, 2021
  61. Accipiter replied to the thread Are bazaar automated price script users causing lag?.

What about TLPs? Before you say you don't care about TLP, DPG does.

Feb 10, 2021
  62. Accipiter liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Soooo ummmm......when are we getting some news on new TLPs?.

I heard the reason JChan has gone radio silent for almost a year is because she's unlinking BST and BER from their respective xpacs. Also...

Feb 10, 2021
  63. Accipiter liked Windance's post in the thread Are bazaar automated price script users causing lag?.

I was just using that to point out the number of items on my server that a baz search has to loop over for each search request

Feb 8, 2021
  64. Accipiter replied to the thread Are bazaar automated price script users causing lag?.

I wouldn't do it that way. If I really had a lag problem related to this, I'd just do a snapshot every x minutes and use that value...

Feb 8, 2021
  65. Accipiter replied to the thread <Thats EQ Baby> TO THE MOON!.

I made $2k shorting AMC.

Feb 5, 2021
  66. Accipiter replied to the thread you call yours self a veteran but....

All pigs are equal.

Feb 5, 2021
  67. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

In the 17 minutes since he posted that comment? Probably not.

Feb 4, 2021
  68. Accipiter replied to the thread RETURNING PLAYER - BLOATED MOB HP.

I GUESS you think randomly CAPITALIZED words make your arguMENT better.

Feb 3, 2021
  69. Accipiter replied to the thread RETURNING PLAYER - BLOATED MOB HP.

I did this, thanks to you. I liked what I saw.

Feb 3, 2021
  70. Accipiter replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

It comes from a couple of forum whelps who don't even play on the server (nor EQ even).

Feb 2, 2021
  71. Accipiter liked Edvvard's post in the thread Petrified Sharktooth Aug Droprate?.

reported for using term 'namer'

Feb 1, 2021
  72. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

If I recall, EQWindows shared the assets/memory amongst several instances of EQ so each one ran a bit better.

Feb 1, 2021
  73. Accipiter replied to the thread Do new accounts get less xp?.

That was my thought as well. Plus, the puller xp bonus wouldn't be enough to account for a 7-level difference in the 40s.

Jan 29, 2021
  74. Accipiter liked RaynTheLion's post in the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

You don't have a job do you?

Jan 29, 2021
  75. Accipiter liked Foaming's post in the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Biggest reason to pick Rizlona is because WaitingformoreEQ doesn't want you to.

Jan 29, 2021
  76. Accipiter replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Wow, you are really something.

Jan 29, 2021
  77. Accipiter replied to the thread Do new accounts get less xp?.

Wow, that's quite a difference. Have you used Lesson of the Devoted AA or XP potions on the ranger and shaman?

Jan 27, 2021
  78. Accipiter replied to the thread TLP 2021.

And it'll be PvP, too.

Jan 26, 2021
  79. Accipiter liked Elyssanda's post in the thread Small illusions.

It's not.. they just want it for cosmetic purposes for MULES Second vote for this, you can likely find 2 or 3 in the bazaar on your...

Jan 26, 2021
  80. Accipiter replied to the thread Boxing question?.

For me it depends on the goal. The goal is usually group progression for me. If I only need to do it for one character then I'll just do...

Jan 25, 2021
  81. Accipiter replied to the thread Small illusions.

Mask of the Chetari For shrink, I'm currently using the shrink wand from The Deep but it's sooooo slow. Fortunately my group has a shaman.

Jan 25, 2021
  82. Accipiter liked kookoo's post in the thread Next Expansion Feature Ideas:.

AA to reduce the memorise time to swap spell sets. with all the debuff , rebuff , dps, we have now , swapping spell set is kinda slow ,...

Jan 25, 2021
  83. Accipiter replied to the thread My OCD.

"We're hunting some named mobs in EW." FTFY

Jan 25, 2021
  84. Accipiter replied to the thread Yet another "best 3-4 box thread" for Mage/Bard?.

You won't be able to transfer off the same account. Account-to-account transfers have been disabled for years.

Jan 25, 2021
  85. Accipiter replied to the thread Master mercenaries should be available for 1 Krono a month.

Did you use WinEQ or EQWin or whatever it was called? Because without that it was pretty painful running more than 2.

Jan 25, 2021
  86. Accipiter liked minimind's post in the thread How to pronounce KEI..

EQ? You mean "Eck"?

Jan 25, 2021
  87. Accipiter replied to the thread A unique TLP idea for once..

I stopped reading there.

Jan 25, 2021
  88. Accipiter replied to the thread Threat value on clickies.

LOL. I like yours btw.

Jan 22, 2021
  89. Accipiter replied to the thread What do our descriptors mean.

I don't have the ability to edit my title and I don't have the Upload File button. The results are the same on Chrome, Edge, and IE....

Jan 22, 2021
  90. Accipiter liked a_librarian's post in the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

How many full group boxers are going to put the tempo of their group into the hands of a total stranger when they don't have to? Bad...

Jan 22, 2021
  91. Accipiter replied to the thread is Everquest 3 news coming soon......

DeMarco and Lister - Peopleware, Waltzing with Bears, Slack Good stuff. More for dev managers, project managers, and execs but...

Jan 21, 2021
  92. Accipiter replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

And his alt forum account...

Jan 21, 2021
  93. Accipiter replied to the thread rizlona or aradune ?.

Absolutely, positively, ignore this guy. He doesn't even play the game.

Jan 21, 2021
  94. Accipiter replied to the thread Proposed QoL Epic 1.0 Changes.

Not me (SK). I use the board and sword on tough named but always use the two-hander when I don't need the extra mitigation.

Jan 21, 2021
  95. Accipiter replied to the thread Item request: Snow Globe.

Dan Fogelberg?

Jan 20, 2021
  96. Accipiter replied to the thread TLP 2021.

I see what you did there. ;)

Jan 20, 2021
  97. Accipiter replied to the thread Feedback - TLP Economy late-game.

I agree, Skuz. TBL has higher plat per mob but no diamonds, blue diamonds, or expansion-specific cash drops. The only reason I'm not...

Jan 20, 2021
  98. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread Feedback - TLP Economy late-game.

Just an observation here but the plat sinks in the later game are definitely feeling excessive on Phinigel which is in TBL currently. The...

Jan 20, 2021
  99. Accipiter replied to the thread Mob HP bloat over last 3 expansions.

That's been my experience as well. I have wizard and mage on the same account. I try to keep them both up on AAs but the mage is the...

Jan 15, 2021
  100. Accipiter replied to the thread Could We Please Implement Autogrant Merc AAs.

I, too, worked hard for my merc AAs. Unlike you, though, I would be glad to see autogrant AAs for mercs.

Jan 13, 2021
  101. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Bad timing on your part. He posted yesterday.

Jan 13, 2021
  102. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread TBL Unlocked?.

That's probably a solid plan tbh, the GMM gear would be decent upgrades.

Jan 12, 2021
  103. Accipiter replied to the thread TBL Unlocked?.

I still haven't done a trial. I decided to gear up non-visibles in GMM for my tank and then go back to trials.

Jan 12, 2021
  104. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread Selo Truebox.

I think that the silence is the biggest clue we have that the discussion "might" still be ongoing. Were the devs already 100% decided...

Jan 12, 2021
  105. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

What happens to the XP rate? What happens to the named spawn rate? Truebox? AOCs? Those are the unanswered questions folks are...

Jan 12, 2021
  106. Accipiter liked Zolav's post in the thread Proposed changes for Ranger class.

Breather does function differently, Relax works great too but it gives you a slow... try both out.

Jan 11, 2021
  107. Accipiter replied to the thread Proposed changes for Ranger class.

Usually I don't bother because most of those discs cancel when you attack. If I'm going to sit out, I can just let OOC regen do the...

Jan 11, 2021
  108. Accipiter replied to the thread Proposed changes for Ranger class.

Are you sure about that? At least you can buff mana regen. In a group setting my monk has to sit after every kill on the off chance...

Jan 11, 2021
  109. Accipiter replied to the thread TBL Unlocked?.

In 8 weeks...

Jan 11, 2021
  110. Accipiter replied to the thread How to pronounce KEI..

She went to my high school.

Jan 11, 2021
  111. Accipiter replied to the thread Aradune in game & general chat - a conversation..

Really? Using racial slurs is acceptable where you live?

Jan 11, 2021
  112. Accipiter replied to the thread EQ really IS DPG's most profitable game!.

IMO a EQ1 reboot isn't by any means a guaranteed winner. Even if they attempted to stay true to EQ1, a ton of stuff would be...

Jan 8, 2021
  113. Accipiter replied to the thread So Is ToV considered Live?.

WTB krono on Phinny. Paying $300k. ;)

Jan 7, 2021
  114. Accipiter liked Bobbybick's post in the thread EQ really IS DPG's most profitable game!.

If anything saying the game you acquired that was made 21 years ago is outperforming the products you developed recently reflects badly on...

Jan 6, 2021
  115. Accipiter replied to the thread So Is ToV considered Live?.

Nolrog's noggin' I expect.

Jan 6, 2021
  116. Accipiter replied to the thread EQ really IS DPG's most profitable game!.

Oh, please. LOL Edit: Assuming you believe what you said, what possible motivation could DBG have for making EQ1 look better than...

Jan 6, 2021
  117. Accipiter replied to the thread EQ really IS DPG's most profitable game!.

You should have put your username on the cow!

Jan 6, 2021
  118. Accipiter liked TLP Addict's post in the thread EQ really IS DPG's most profitable game!.

How they see us. [IMG]

Jan 6, 2021
  119. Accipiter replied to the thread extended target window targets me.

It is. You press F1 once to target yourself and a second time to target your pet. Works for any group member with a pet. Need to heal...

Jan 5, 2021
  120. Accipiter replied to the thread TBL Unlocked?.

I was able to get into regular Plane of Smoke by accident. I tried a trial and failed. I decided to come back later so I camped for a...

Jan 5, 2021
  121. Accipiter liked Elyssanda's post in the thread DPG, compete with Magelo.

I can't stress how vital this is to me. I do tradeskills on 2 accounts on 2 servers with countless alts, and I try to help as many...

Jan 4, 2021
  122. Accipiter liked Angahran's post in the thread Next Expansion Feature Ideas:.

How about fix it so when you are bringing a mob to camp it doesn't stop exactly out of melee range and proceed to beat the heck out of you...

Jan 4, 2021
  123. Accipiter replied to the thread DPG, compete with Magelo.

Perhaps, but I find it well worth the $60 per year price ($30 base, plus $30 for extra slots). There are some things Magelo does...

Jan 4, 2021
  124. Accipiter replied to the thread Reagent list.

Remember when clerics got all the gems in Seb "cause symbol, yo"?

Jan 4, 2021
  125. Accipiter liked Triconix's post in the thread I'm curious to see how well a LITERAL, classic, EQ server would perform with today's standards..

Oh if we are claiming that as fact, I got one: P99 is full of a cheap f***s unable to afford EQ and trash players unable to deal with...

Jan 4, 2021
  126. Accipiter replied to the thread Scroll: Grant Visor of Shoen-Pet Won't Equip ???.

If the pet won't take it, it either A) already has it (likely it spawned with it) or B) has something better (unlikely).

Dec 18, 2020
  127. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread Should i still use alakazam.com for playing TLP Aradune?.

The sub is so cheap I felt happy to support the site, I have no issue with you not agreeing with that & preferring other sites, you are...

Dec 17, 2020
  128. Accipiter replied to the thread CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult.

I suppose you meant something else, but you know you can click off discs, right? Click the icon of the current disc on the disc...

Dec 17, 2020
  129. Accipiter liked Zunnoab's post in the thread CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult.

The idea that people should farm group gear in current content before doing the group missions is a tad silly in my opinion. I'm not...

Dec 16, 2020
  130. Accipiter replied to the thread When is the next TLP? Ready for a new one. Preference. No box. One account. Starts on Kunark..

6. Run command not available until POP.

Dec 16, 2020
  131. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread Should i still use alakazam.com for playing TLP Aradune?.

You get vendor lists, item search with premium Alla as well as the ads removed, for how often I use the site & how much it has helped me...

Dec 16, 2020
  132. Accipiter liked Vumad's post in the thread CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult.

Wow, because they are casuals? Casual is defined by how a player plays, not how much a player raids. If a person does not raid,...

Dec 15, 2020
  133. Accipiter replied to the thread Should i still use alakazam.com for playing TLP Aradune?.

You can fix that for something like $9 a year. Maybe it's $12, I forget. I know some people see it as paying a ransom but I subscribe...

Dec 15, 2020
  134. Accipiter replied to the thread Aradune or Rizlona for the long haul?.

Yeah, because that couldn't possibly be worked around in about 30 seconds.

Dec 15, 2020
  135. Accipiter replied to the thread Should i still use alakazam.com for playing TLP Aradune?.

Totally disagree about eqresource. I use both but for info on named mobs I find eqresource to have everything I need (mob info,...

Dec 11, 2020
  136. Accipiter replied to the thread verina tomb/Vessel Drozlin.

Assuming the guy you talked to gave you an accurate depiction of how long he had been there.

Dec 11, 2020
  137. Accipiter liked vylo's post in the thread What would be a good name for a new: TLP RED (PVP) ???.

Pantheon. It will be realized at the same time.

Dec 10, 2020
  138. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread Another Epic Quest!.

Plenty of the EverQuest players work in fields that are very relevant to game development, writers, coders, software engineers, IT...

Dec 10, 2020
  139. Accipiter replied to the thread Quick question regarding dps calculating.

We've all been down this road in one form or another. It gets worse later when you have to figure in procs. I'm not being a smartazz, but...

Dec 10, 2020
  140. Accipiter liked Bobbybick's post in the thread Quick question regarding dps calculating.

With normalized dmg bonus you don't need to include it in your calculation, just look at the dmg/dly ratio. Keep in mind that a same-ratio...

Dec 10, 2020
  141. Accipiter replied to the thread Blatant botting is completely out of hand.

Similar to my Fear raids on Xegony. Mine was: Form up. Wait for the "break team" to call all clear (1-2 hours). Watch as some fool...

Dec 9, 2020
  142. Accipiter liked Laronk's post in the thread Cleric can't DPS the sad priests.

The differences become really big when you pull groups of mobs, at that point the cleric mercs just can't put out enough healing...

Dec 9, 2020
  143. Accipiter liked Tallie's post in the thread Cleric can't DPS the sad priests.

The real question is not whether or not clerics are better than mercs. We are. The question is always whether or not mercs are good...

Dec 9, 2020
  144. Accipiter replied to the thread Cleric can't DPS the sad priests.

Good point. I tend to be conservative and pretty much kill one mob at a time.

Dec 9, 2020
  145. Accipiter replied to the thread Cleric can't DPS the sad priests.

While I agree that at real cleric is hands down better than a merc, I disagree on the 10% effectiveness of a merc. I use a cleric...

Dec 9, 2020
  146. Accipiter liked SwordandShield's post in the thread <Feedback> Improve Account Management + Suggestion.

I had a funny thought. Can you imagine the guy left because he was asked to automate the task, i.e. removing the need for his job! lol

Dec 9, 2020
  147. Accipiter replied to the thread Servers Up....Servers Down.

Francis is either a really good actor or is off his meds.

Dec 8, 2020
  148. Accipiter replied to the thread <Feedback> Improve Account Management + Suggestion.

The story going around for the past couple of years is that there was one person who knew how to do account-to-account transfers....

Dec 8, 2020
  149. Accipiter replied to the thread Christmas Dragon.

On the one hand targeting 64-bit vs. 32-bit is trivial. But then you decide you should use the latest version of Visual Studio,...

Dec 8, 2020
  150. Accipiter replied to the thread Narandi loots "exploited"?.

Thanks for validating my earlier post.

Dec 8, 2020
  151. Accipiter replied to the thread Narandi loots "exploited"?.

So if you've finished top 3 gamewide something something you are relevant but otherwise you are not?

Dec 8, 2020
  152. Accipiter replied to the thread things id pay for outside of an expantion.

A persistent "Autoplay" check box on the Launcher. Why do I have to click the Play button?

Dec 8, 2020
  153. Accipiter liked CatsPaws's post in the thread Good's Maps Pack.

I just am fuming about this comment. He spends untold hours putting all these maps together for hours and hours on end with no...

Dec 8, 2020
  154. Accipiter replied to the thread Off topic HULU.

You misspelled "Amazon Prime Video".

Dec 8, 2020
  155. Accipiter replied to the thread What would be a good name for a new: TLP RED (PVP) ???.

Pwelon of Vapor

Dec 8, 2020
  156. Accipiter replied to the thread Narandi loots "exploited"?.

Well, this has been a fun read. The "it's an exploit" crowd is calm and logical whereas the "not an exploit" crowd appears angry and...

Dec 8, 2020
  157. Accipiter liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread Selo Truebox.

hmmm yeah I think you're right. My bad!

Dec 7, 2020
  158. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Really? I've never heard that. Are you sure you aren't confusing VPN with VM?

Dec 7, 2020
  159. Accipiter replied to the thread Blatant botting is completely out of hand.

I assume you are talking about the asterisk (*) flagging of a quest mob. Once you have done your turn-in, the mob is essentially...

Dec 7, 2020
  160. Accipiter replied to the thread EQ1 Numbers Revealed.

Point taken.

Dec 7, 2020
  161. Accipiter replied to the thread EQ1 Numbers Revealed.

Disagree. If you add WoW and EQ2's cartoony characters to EQ1 will that bring in new players? Maybe but you're likely to lose a lot,...

Dec 7, 2020
  162. Accipiter replied to the thread I'm curious to see how well a LITERAL, classic, EQ server would perform with today's standards..

Some of it, sure. But the vast majority did need to change in order to keep the game alive. Like the changes or not, but EQ is still...

Dec 7, 2020
  163. Accipiter replied to the thread Don't want another TLP but you could....

How would removing TrueBox on Agnaar affect anything on that server?

Dec 7, 2020
  164. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Good summary. I'm no expert, but it would seem that using a VPN would eliminate those issues in all of the cases you list above. It's...

Dec 7, 2020
  165. Accipiter liked Machen's post in the thread Selo Truebox.

So one of the weird things about this is that not everyone's experience is the same. For most people, spamming "2" will get you...

Dec 7, 2020
  166. Accipiter replied to the thread Named Spawns in /pick zones (ToV).

I don't know how many different flags they have and whether they can be flagged as more than one category. Some epic mobs, for...

Dec 5, 2020
  167. Accipiter liked Svann2's post in the thread COV comments....

5 guys has best fries.

Dec 5, 2020
  168. Accipiter replied to the thread Named Spawns in /pick zones (ToV).

This is just my experience and I'm not trying to speak from a position of authority but... I think certain named don't get flagged...

Dec 4, 2020
  169. Accipiter replied to the thread Named Spawns in /pick zones (ToV).

It is absolutely true for base zones. I believe it always has been this way. One of the devs confirmed that their engine slows down...

Dec 4, 2020
  170. Accipiter replied to the thread what I want for Christmas:.

OK, thanks. Now I know to watch for it.

Dec 4, 2020
  171. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread what I want for Christmas:.

Yeah, epic does interrupt. Even some instant/aa clicks "can" interrupt melody if you time them to the very end or start of a song...

Dec 4, 2020
  172. Accipiter replied to the thread what I want for Christmas:.

Does it? My bard is a box and I have epic 2.0 click on multi-bind so it goes off whenever it's up. I know melody is frequently...

Dec 4, 2020
  173. Accipiter replied to the thread Best TLP server is... Pop locked, No Box, MEGA Server.

I didn't say what you quoted me as saying but I get how it happened.

Dec 3, 2020
  174. Accipiter replied to the thread COV comments....

In N Out is like a fresh TLP... the nostalgia outweighs the reality for a little while but then reality rears its ugly head again....

Dec 3, 2020
  175. Accipiter liked Riou's post in the thread EQ1 Numbers Revealed.

Just look at Runescape, if the game is decent the graphics aren't that big of a deal

Dec 3, 2020
  176. Accipiter replied to the thread COV comments....

Man, you really need to get your priorities straight.

Dec 2, 2020
  177. Accipiter replied to the thread EG7 enters agreement to acquire Daybreak.

I can't find anything to support those numbers. Most say $60-80m for a AAA title with some games (Call of Duty, for example) going as...

Dec 2, 2020
  178. Accipiter replied to the thread Best TLP server is... Pop locked, No Box, MEGA Server.

How do you come to this conclusion?

Dec 2, 2020
  179. Accipiter replied to the thread Best TLP server is... Pop locked, No Box, MEGA Server.

Maybe the new owners will have more sense (one can hope.) It's ridiculous to filter the names of those 3rd party apps, too. By hiding...

Dec 2, 2020
  180. Accipiter replied to the thread EG7 enters agreement to acquire Daybreak.

Wow, $300 million. I would have valued current EQ at more like $10 million. I often forget about the other games in the portfolio,...

Dec 1, 2020
  181. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Can we get a dislike button?

Dec 1, 2020
  182. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Totally agree. For me, it is more about "Do I have to do this? What will happen if I don't?" I decided RoS progression didn't matter...

Dec 1, 2020
  183. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread Selo Truebox.

Non-viable for certain missions, like the ones I pointed out already..... Most of the content I am having to clear out of era with...

Dec 1, 2020
  184. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Well, perhaps I gave up too easily. I lasted about 15 seconds. Did you have a caster group?

Dec 1, 2020
  185. Accipiter replied to the thread Sell us AA's for plat!.

I disagree that it's not worth doing. My main crew has all meaningful AAs. I can XP share on them because they won't miss the XP...

Dec 1, 2020
  186. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Let me know how Fall Foilage goes for you when you get there (the first RoS mission).

Dec 1, 2020
  187. Accipiter replied to the thread trade skills broken: always an era behind.

Yes, RoS has the Conflagrant gear. It's between T1 and T2 group gear.

Dec 1, 2020
  188. Accipiter replied to the thread Selo Truebox.

Were those boxers that breezed through the hard missions raid geared?

Dec 1, 2020