Accipiter's Recent Activity

1. Accipiter liked Elskidor's post in the thread Class Power rankings per Expansion?.

Well I play a necro

Jun 14, 2022
  2. Accipiter replied to the thread What evidence do you need when reporting a cheater?.

LOL, same. We all know that one program is alive and well.

Jun 14, 2022
  3. Accipiter replied to the thread Boxers, why play on TLP rather than live?.

How do you know? Do you think you would notice if someone is one, two, or three boxing? And don't tell me it's obvious and you can...

Jun 14, 2022
  4. Accipiter replied to the thread Boxers, why play on TLP rather than live?.

Clearly you didn't read the thread before posting. Either that or you're Magician9001 on a different account.

Jun 14, 2022
  5. Accipiter replied to the thread Boxers, why play on TLP rather than live?.

I took Phinny all the way to live. I doubt I'll ever do it again but it was something I wanted to accomplish.

Jun 14, 2022
  6. Accipiter replied to the thread Class Power rankings per Expansion?.

I hope the irony is lost on you.

Jun 14, 2022
  7. Accipiter replied to the thread re-roll Yelinak.

Surprising how often I forget that.

Jun 14, 2022
  8. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread re-roll Yelinak.

Most players have no problem with ocassionally getting stuff wrong, most of the frequent posters at least have put their hands up on...

Jun 14, 2022
  9. Accipiter replied to the thread Yelinak- Hate DZ spot for warrior.

Lame.

Jun 14, 2022
  10. Accipiter replied to the thread Mischief - State of Epic 1.5/2.0 Camps (Bard Epic Dire Animals, Warrior EW 2.0 Step & Others).

We have plenty of Karens here already, thanks.

Jun 14, 2022
  11. Accipiter replied to the thread re-roll Yelinak.

I don't get why you care. What is it with you? Why are you so desperate to call Yelinak a failure?

Jun 14, 2022
  12. Accipiter liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread Mob Stunlock changes.

Sadly incorrect, people WERE complaining about not being able to XP in the Deep because the evil AE'ers were there. Them also doing Sol...

Jun 14, 2022
  13. Accipiter liked Gnothappening's post in the thread Mob Stunlock changes.

I think the actual reason was to shut up some of the QQ on the forums. This was during Karendune when people were at their worst

Jun 14, 2022
  14. Accipiter replied to the thread Mob Stunlock changes.

No, the actual reason was forum whiners.

Jun 14, 2022
  15. Accipiter replied to the thread Mob Stunlock changes.

No one cares about AOE groups in the Deep. That's the only reason to go there (other than the shrink wand). It was Sebilis that got...

Jun 14, 2022
  16. Accipiter liked Barder-mangler's post in the thread Mob Stunlock changes.

IIRC the original change came about during a time when a LOT of people were complaining about AE powerlevelers that were zone disrupting by...

Jun 14, 2022
  17. Accipiter replied to the thread Mob Stunlock changes.

That's exactly what happened. And as usual, it was the wrong solution to the "problem".

Jun 14, 2022
  18. Accipiter replied to the thread Mob Stunlock changes.

It's already been done and, yes it was yet another wrong solution to a perceived problem. Edit: I haven't done an AOE group in 15 years...

Jun 6, 2022
  19. Accipiter liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Rental of instances..

If that was true why does EQ have performance problems? What you are suggesting is only true if the code is designed to take advantage...

Jun 6, 2022
  20. Accipiter liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread re-roll Yelinak.

Mischief just got OoW but the afk kick is still turned on. Not like some people don't get around it, but full on afk in lobby isn't...

Jun 6, 2022
  21. Accipiter replied to the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

If DBG loses 100 players for any reason it costs them $20k in revenue (your numbers). Boxing has nothing to do with it. Only...

Jun 6, 2022
  22. Accipiter replied to the thread re-roll Yelinak.

I wouldn't put it past some folks to post two servers at two different times of day to make it look worse. I wonder how many of those...

Jun 6, 2022
  23. Accipiter liked Tweakfour17's post in the thread re-roll Yelinak.

even if he didn't, so what? TLP is a failure because its not high pop in the middle of the night? ohh nooooo

Jun 6, 2022
  24. Accipiter replied to the thread Boxers, why play on TLP rather than live?.

Making stuff up in every post doesn't do anything to improve people's perception of you, and your reception here.

Jun 6, 2022
  25. Accipiter replied to the thread Boxers, why play on TLP rather than live?.

Hold on. When I boxed I would sell excess loot for cash, buy kronos, and use krono to pay for my subs. Is that what you consider RMT?...

Jun 6, 2022
  26. Accipiter replied to the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

Source? Clearly you don't have one. I'd say 90% quit when the nostalgia wears off.

Jun 6, 2022
  27. Accipiter replied to the thread re-roll Yelinak.

I'm guessing you just made that up.

Jun 6, 2022
  28. Accipiter replied to the thread Single players.

What's your main character's name in-game?

Jun 6, 2022
  29. Accipiter replied to the thread Boxers, why play on TLP rather than live?.

For some people it's the simplicity. Live can be daunting. It's pretty complex for a first-timer or returning player. When players start on...

Jun 6, 2022
  30. Accipiter replied to the thread No level loss Perk needs tweaking.

Do raid guilds require that perq?

Jun 5, 2022
  31. Accipiter replied to the thread Rental of instances..

Damn, I didn't even notice, lol.

Jun 5, 2022
  32. Accipiter replied to the thread Wow 10hp for 100SC.. what a BARGAIN! Thanks DBG!.

The exception for the SoW potion, Bottle of Speed. It seems to have max speed at any level. I buy it religiously on server start.

Jun 5, 2022
  33. Accipiter replied to the thread Single players.

You'll figure it out.

Jun 5, 2022
  34. Accipiter replied to the thread Bard/Enchanter/Shaman on Yelinak?.

As Zansobar said, ogre is best for both the shaman and SK, if you go that way. Evil vs. good isn't that big of a deal, especially...

Jun 3, 2022
  35. Accipiter replied to the thread Bard/Enchanter/Shaman on Yelinak?.

Enchanters may charm all the way through PoP (maybe Gates) but come OOW, it's not nearly as common. You'll see the occasional...

Jun 3, 2022
  36. Accipiter replied to the thread Player frustation and training and how to reduce it.

A couple of things. First, it's early days. Early days are always like that. Second, as Timmyboi said, go somewhere else. There's no point...

Jun 3, 2022
  37. Accipiter replied to the thread Bard/Enchanter/Shaman on Yelinak?.

You need a tank if you are going beyond Luclin. There's a lot of overlap between those three classes. I'd go SK, Shaman, Bard if it were me.

Jun 2, 2022
  38. Accipiter replied to the thread Multiboxers are cheaters!.

I really don't feel the need to convince you. However, I can tell you that I 6-boxed for decades and never once sold anything for...

Jun 2, 2022
  39. Accipiter replied to the thread Multiboxers are cheaters!.

Yep, I used one for my Bard box. My other boxes had full keyboards since I have room.

Jun 2, 2022
  40. Accipiter replied to the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

I'm pro boxer but that argument is disingenuous. Of course he treated it differently because it's an entirely different situation.

Jun 2, 2022
  41. Accipiter replied to the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

Dual boxers can be like that. In some ways, they are the worst of the boxing crowd. They want the box along to leech xp but aren't...

Jun 2, 2022
  42. Accipiter replied to the thread Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?.

Au contraire. Late in Phinny about the only groups you saw were box groups (including mine). Based on that, I'd say boxing outlives...

Jun 2, 2022
  43. Accipiter replied to the thread Multiboxers are cheaters!.

That's the most over-used, tired argument in EQ.

Jun 1, 2022
  44. Accipiter replied to the thread Multiboxers are cheaters!.

In my view, it's not very effective. I use Synergy and back when I boxed, I would only mouse over to one of the PCs when I need to...

Jun 1, 2022
  45. Accipiter replied to the thread Multiboxers are cheaters!.

In small craft aviation it's called a range extender.

Jun 1, 2022
  46. Accipiter replied to the thread Normal Trade Servers - Literally in High Demand.

Me, too, but mine is 35. :mad:

Jun 1, 2022
  47. Accipiter replied to the thread Axe of destruction era ?.

As of 2018 it was still dropping according to the comments. Alla's says it drops off the drovlarg captain and drovlarg lieutenant. Is...

Jun 1, 2022
  48. Accipiter replied to the thread No level loss Perk needs tweaking.

Perks are dumb. I'm not a doomsdayer, but it definitely felt like a desperate move to include perks.

Jun 1, 2022
  49. Accipiter replied to the thread re-roll Yelinak.

We get it. You're mad. But you are so far off base you probably should just take the L and move on.

Jun 1, 2022
  50. Accipiter replied to the thread re-roll Yelinak.

It doesn't matter where the numbers come from or what their values are. The only thing that matters is the numbers relative to one...

Jun 1, 2022
  51. Accipiter replied to the thread Loving 6 boxing..

Heh, nah. Paul's communication style is much different.

Jun 1, 2022
  52. Accipiter liked I_Love_My_Bandwidth's post in the thread PC replacement.

I routinely buy bulk enterprise laptops, refurbish them, and resell for profit. Keep buying, please! :)

May 27, 2022
  53. Accipiter replied to the thread Yelinak looks like Magefire.

Keep in mind that you rarely need to look at your 4 through 6 boxes. Usually just need your tank and crowd control front and center. This...

May 27, 2022
  54. Accipiter replied to the thread Memorial Day Weekend XP Bonus?.

On Wednesday or today? I assume you mean when it launched.

May 27, 2022
  55. Accipiter replied to the thread Yelinak appears to be DOA.

I've never understood why people think bashing other servers will help the population on their server. They probably can't help themselves.

May 27, 2022
  56. Accipiter liked Zanarnar's post in the thread Memorial Day Weekend XP Bonus?.

Look, the one person they had who could properly work a calendar and plan things more then a week in advance retired. The problem is noone...

May 27, 2022
  57. Accipiter replied to the thread Yelinak looks like Magefire.

Truebox was the solution to Ragefire/Lockjaw. So right or wrong, they definitely are trying to solve problems.

May 27, 2022
  58. Accipiter replied to the thread Yelinak looks like Magefire.

LOL. And here's our latest boxing basher, folks. Welcome to the club.

May 27, 2022
  59. Accipiter replied to the thread Yelinak Queue Long AF.

You didn't, but I heard it from Einstein.

May 25, 2022
  60. Accipiter replied to the thread Queue timer.

I got in the queue at 12:15 PDT and still not in. Friends of mine joined the queue later but are already in. I suspect I'm not in the...

May 25, 2022
  61. Accipiter replied to the thread Yelinak Queue Long AF.

Figure on 4 hours. Then you won't be disappointed.

May 25, 2022
  62. Accipiter replied to the thread Add a few powerful items that randomly drop..

The last few live expansions have random rare loot off trash that was near raid quality.

May 25, 2022
  63. Accipiter replied to the thread dont invite single players to boxing groups..

And in an ironic twist of fate, I will be single-boxing this time around. :p

May 25, 2022
  64. Accipiter replied to the thread PC replacement.

I bought two or three laptops from eBay. Never had a problem. I think I spent around $120 each.

May 25, 2022
  65. Accipiter replied to the thread Wed 25 May is not important.

Well played.

May 25, 2022
  66. Accipiter replied to the thread Borderless Windowed Mode.

Is the title bar that big of a deal? The only difference between borderless windowed and windowed is the title bar. Just size the window so...

May 24, 2022
  67. Accipiter liked Waring_McMarrin's post in the thread Which facilities available at launch ?.

Mines of Gloomingdeep will be available on Vaniki as it starts with GoD unlocked but it will not be available on Yelinak as that starts in...

May 24, 2022
  68. Accipiter replied to the thread Which facilities available at launch ?.

I'll answer based on past TLPs. If there are differences, someone can correct me. 1. No mines of Gloomingdeep. 2. Yes, defiant will be...

May 24, 2022
  69. Accipiter replied to the thread dont invite single players to boxing groups..

Wow. One of the most rabid anti-boxers, too.

May 24, 2022
  70. Accipiter replied to the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

I five and six boxed for years (decades, really). I generally had BiS for non-raiders (which isn't BiS at all, I know but it's what I...

Apr 19, 2022
  71. Accipiter liked toasty4800's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

Gear is free if you want it to be. Lots of guilds just giving gear away for DKP. Or you can join a GDKP guild and make plat while...

Apr 19, 2022
  72. Accipiter replied to the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

Good point. I haven't raided in years so my perspective is a bit skewed.

Apr 19, 2022
  73. Accipiter liked Protocol's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

This is 100% not the case. There is tons of high quality raid gear including BIS pieces in the 1-4 krono range. Even the current raid...

Apr 19, 2022
  74. Accipiter replied to the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

Thanks for your responses. I started a new job in October. I used that opportunity to take an EQ break. I'll probably be back some day. I...

Apr 19, 2022
  75. Accipiter liked Kukaw's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

I love it! I am mostly casual and have been for a long time. EQ gives me something to do after work for an hour or so until my wife is...

Apr 19, 2022
  76. Accipiter liked Stormblossom's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

I love the Mischief ruleset. The people complaining about pay to win seem to forget that buying into that stuff is an opt-in. Sure if you...

Apr 19, 2022
  77. Accipiter liked wildone's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

the random drops are what made the server,your in the hole a warrior weapons drops,effreti boots etc,it gives all classes a chance to gear...

Apr 19, 2022
  78. Accipiter liked SoandsoForumUser's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

I played through classic, stopped in Kunark. I think it was an amazing rule set for group content players, for the first time you could get...

Apr 19, 2022
  79. Accipiter liked yepmetoo's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

I enjoy it, and I hadn't made it past level 25 or so on any prior TLP. The FV rules and random/multiplied loot worked well to keep...

Apr 19, 2022
  80. Accipiter liked Ariana's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

Lol, consensus. You know you're on the TLP forums right?

Apr 18, 2022
  81. Accipiter liked Skuz's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

I thnk its a fun special ruleset that is best suited to one single TLP at a time. Once mischief reaches live / merges with FV have another.

Apr 18, 2022
  82. Accipiter liked Seraphix's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

Mischief is the first TLP I've ever returned to after initial burnout (looking at you, Velious). Yeah, the free trade loot is awesome and...

Apr 18, 2022
  83. Accipiter liked ntellect's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

I love Mischief. First TLP I actually had fun long enough to get to max level. Free trade / random loot is the thing that actually makes...

Apr 18, 2022
  84. Accipiter liked rangerous's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

Its a unique one off that worked well. One day there should be another Mischief. Just one more time and only one more time. Non sense...

Apr 18, 2022
  85. Accipiter liked Zrender's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

Thought I wanted it. Always posted for it. After playing it on several toons to 60-65 I realized it doesn't do anything for me. It's pay to...

Apr 18, 2022
  86. Accipiter liked JustAnotherOpinion's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

The players who love it really love it. The players who hate it really hate it....

Apr 18, 2022
  87. Accipiter liked Zansobar's post in the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

It has the best ruleset to date - which is one of the reasons why the new TLPs are such a let down. It appears DPG just cannot learn.

Apr 18, 2022
  88. Accipiter replied to the thread What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?.

LOL, fair.

Apr 18, 2022
  89. Accipiter posted a new thread.

What's the Consensus on Mischief/Thornblade?

I quit EQ about 6 months after Mischief launched. It was in Velious then. What's the consensus? Is the server ruleset working out? Is it...

Forum: Time Locked Progression Servers

Apr 18, 2022
  90. Accipiter replied to the thread QoL Change Remove Enchanter AoE stuns.

Why remove AOE stuns? You never explained your position. They already nerfed them into oblivion.

Apr 18, 2022
  91. Accipiter replied to the thread Combine Small Expansions.

Sounds like a level-locked server. ;-)

Apr 18, 2022
  92. Accipiter replied to the thread They better do something quick!!!.

Potato, potahto. I haven't raided in a decade but I considered myself a hardcore non-raider when I played. Casual vs. raider leaves...

Apr 18, 2022
  93. Accipiter replied to the thread May is the worst month for TLP releases..

People will just scream about having to decide between EQ and family. We saw it when they launched... Phinigel I think. That was...

Feb 11, 2022
  94. Accipiter replied to the thread Agnarr can transfer.......

I love the smell of asslamination in the morning.

Feb 11, 2022
  95. Accipiter replied to the thread Posting this again for attention.

They have a formula that they use to determine the threshold for a new pick. It appears to be skewed toward dungeons as you point...

Feb 11, 2022