Old Game Update Patch Notes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Caudyr, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Caudyr Augur

It may not seem like much, but is there any way we could have the previous Test Update notes and Game Update notes recreated in their given forum sections from the old forums?

It'd just be good for informative purposes, imo, at the very least. Especially for returning players to help them "see" what changes have been done to the game over the years, if they choose to.
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

Allah's has a list of all the patch notes from beta onward.
  3. Hiladdar Augur

It makes sence to see it on Sony's forms, since this is a Sony game.
  4. Warpiggs Augur

Yeah, it would be nice to have it stickied somewere.
  5. Nolrog Augur

I made that comment some place else. The game notes and the lore section are really useful to have old stuff.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There are at least two people who are creating permanent read only versions of the old forums.
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

While this may be true, it's also a game that lives by it's community. Without the community this game would not exist.

There's no reason the community cannot come together to archive patch notes etc for informative purposes similar to how EQResource or Zam and countless other sites have been doing since 1999.
  8. Caudyr Augur

Well, I would've posted them myself...but I don't exactly have the rights to posting in those areas of the forum that they go in. Which is the entire reason I said something in the first please, hehe. :p
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Of note, they did not have anywhere near all of the patch notes in the old forums anyway. It was simply all of the ones that had occurred since that specific forum was created. As I have said before the old forums are being permanently backed up by two people, separately, Beimeith and chaosngn. In one of the other threads I posted links to both of their webpages which are still being populated with the posts from the old forums.
  10. Rainbowdash Augur

Oh I know lol I'm just saying in response to him. A seperate site could be made though :p

Speaking of which, I know of one that did archive patch notes, for the longest time. May even be current but I dunno. I'll have to fine it. I'm not thinking of Zam, although they do it too kinda, but another site.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

12. Yther Augur

13. moogs Augur

They don't have to. I've already finished: Old EQ Forums Offline (358mb)
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Umm... they kind of do. I don't really see how a rar file is going to help anyone link to a specific post or thread that was on the old forums to reference that information.