Is Corruption Resist a "dead" stat?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Desk, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Desk New Member

Or can you resist any spells with a high enough stat in RoF?
  2. Kurayami Augur

Well, as far as I know corruption resist only really shines for some Serpent Spine raids and against Xolok the Blind in Valley of Xorbb. Still, I keep working on keeping mine up there, in general gear + drake of pure nature clicky I'm at 312 corruption resists, with the resist buff, 5-6 augs swapped out, and corr resist food drink I get to about 500 corruption resist. Is enough to beat Xolok if I got healing.
  3. Falos Augur

Corruption resist is more alive than it was in recent expansions to be honest. I consider it very useful in RoF, primarily in xorbb (group and raid)
  4. moogs Augur

It's nice to have during old raids like, what was it, Queen Malarian? I think that's a power source raid.

It's also nice to have on missions such as No Freedom in Death, if you ever help people flag for HoT.
  5. bral New Member

How do you get Corruption that high. I farm augs that have like 25 and higher for alt set of armor, im only like 181 with 6 augs is there rings or something im missing?
  6. Axxius Augur

Farm also some 20 corr augs. And use the Decay powersource. And get the corr resist buff from a cleric/druid.
    Kurayami likes this.
  7. Falos Augur

Shaman also can summon a totem clicky from the TSS and TBS expansions that gives the group an hourish long corruption buff that stacks with the cleric / druid buff. It gives slightly less corruption resists than the rank 2 rof corruption buffs from the other two priests but its still awesome since they stack.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Yes, you are missing corruption augments in your other 15 slots. Current best possible set of Corruption augments will take you to 434.

In normal everyday gear, my warrior sits at 192 Corruption resist, unbuffed. When I want to beat up on poor Xolok, I swap in 10 augs to bloat my corruption resist as much as possible, and also use the following:
    +9 Food/drink
    +10 Nature Drake familiar
    +36 Campfire / Fellowship of Mistmoore
    +40 Decay power source
    +71 level 98 DRU corruption resist buff
    ... which puts me at 605 Corruption resist, allowing me to curbstomp Xolok, tanking him effortlessly with minimal healing. Do I sacrifice a pile of AC/HPs for all that resist? Yup, I surely do, for the 2 minutes it takes me to wipe the floor with Xolok, and then I switch back to my everyday set when I'm done. I wasn't about to die a hundred times trying in vain to kite it while 3boxing, so I found a way to tank it.

The level 75 SHM corruption trinket will add another 40 -- I believe that stacks with the DRU buff, although I haven't tried it.
  9. bral New Member

i used allakhazam only found that 1 item which could be used in ring or non vis slot . Which looks like bought from Brells. I have the following items: Im just not sure where to look for augs for non armor Items Like rings ect.
    Moonstone of the Frozen Priest +34

Cracked Shard of the Brute +32

Heartwood Splinter +30

Lifeguard Ward +28

Stone of Insanity +25

Kerafyrm's Blessed Gemstone +20
  10. Trajet D'Or Augur

http://raidloot.com/Search.aspx

Type: Augmentation (defaults to 7,8); Order/Score By: Corrupt
  11. Desk New Member

So aside from only 1 named in the current expansion, I can't justify having any on my equipment unless it happens to be an accident if using anniversary augs.

Any chance corruption could make a comeback or should I cross this off my to do list? I don't need the old raids where it was useful...
  12. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The question is, is the loss of AC/HP/MP worth adding it up? I am something of a AC freak though I don't really go out of my way to camp specific augs.
  13. Axxius Augur

You don't have to go all the way. 600 corr resist is a massive overkill. I did Xolok with 523 and that was already a 100% resist rate. I suspect that anything above 450 will do. IIRC from the dev explanations back when they tried to revamp the resist system (sadly, that revamp was scrapped), the buffer of 200 above the resist value means 'always resist'. Xolok's aura is corr -250. So just get above 450 with the minimal loss of ac/hp, and you'll be fine.
  14. Kurayami Augur

I totally forgot about the decay powersource! Thanks for mentioning that, I am so trying that next time I murder xolok :)
  15. Tobynn Augur

I parsed logs and found a total of 14 Xolok kills during the time period before I started using the campfire (when I was still buffing to only 554 corruption). Resist rate on Caustic Discharge for the combined parse for all fights was only 73%. You aren't resisting it 100% of the time with a lesser corruption resist. Even now buffed over 600, I still don't resist it 100%
  16. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I usually keep two sets of gear and I have for the past few expansions. Call it old school, but I generally have my current content visibles as my "HP/AC Gear" and previous expac visibles as my "Resists Gear".