12 years? I feel so old :)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aradune, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Aradune Lorekeeper

Hello all,

Well, I’m back... back on EverQuest after 12 Years! When I was given the opportunity to return to the team it was something I just had to do! I started playing right away and got a paladin into his mid-30s. I found, in addition to all of the great new features and UI elements, that the game, at its core, was still very much the EQ I was involved with. In fact, some of my first work as a game designer on the team will be working on areas that have been alluded to since launch. I can’t say more than that, of course, but I’m sure you can imagine how exciting this is for me.

I’ll also be on the boards, so if you guys have any questions about anything, don’t hesitate to ask. That said, I’m still absorbing a lot of info over here, getting a grasp on all of the content and features that have been added to the game over the last decade -- so please do cut me a little slack J

-Brad McQuaid / Aradune Mithara
    Fenthen, Bloxstar, Edrick and 21 others like this.
  2. Obiziana Augur

Welcome Back Brad McQuaid! You're a living legend around here and to be honest.. I feel a bit awestruck. Thank you for the game and I cannot wait to see what you will bring back to the team!
    Sinestra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Rouan Augur

Oh crap..
    Shanaie likes this.
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

5. Axxius Augur

O... M... G...

Truly epic stuff is happening in EQ. This can only mean very good things. :)

Welcome back, Brad!
  6. Kurayami Augur

First of all welcome back, be good to see what kind of things might come back, might be made new to this game to someone who was involved back in EQ's golden era. Should be exciting for sure, look forward to seeing more interesting posts from you in the future :)

Secondly, can't help noticing you chose paladin to get yourself reaquainted. I have been posting for quite some time about some issues with bloodthirsty blade (SK AA) and speed of the knight (SK/PAL AA) not working with 2h piercing weapons. Was wondering if a timeline for this is at all possible, or could we at least change the Knight only 2hp to be 2hs for the last few expansions so we aren't suffering for picking the wrong weapon type?

Thank you for your time,

-Kurayami
  7. Iila Augur

Wait, what?
    Rouan likes this.
  8. Qulas Augur

April 1st is still 25 days away, was this posted 25 days early?
    Iila, Mellifleur, Imrahil and 3 others like this.
  9. Karthos Augur

I'm both excited and scared.

Welcome back, though.
  10. Enizen Elder

He was always sort of a paladin, his first Char I remember was a Ranger with FA ~
  11. Tharkis Princess

Aradune is stinky!

Or so the rumors in the qeynos sewers would have us believe!
  12. Luft Elder

13. Abazzagorath Augur

Craziness. At least you picked a real class this time.
    Imrahil likes this.
  14. Aronir New Member

Okay, so I think it's finally time to answer the great question that has plagued mankind since the dawn of the game: how did the original Fiery Avenger quest actually work?
  15. Rouan Augur

Luft, I see your SnuSnu and raise you Nibbler

[IMG]
    Mellifleur likes this.
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

It worked thusly:

1) State item is in game, but its not.
    2) Watch players post for a year on Everlore on every single unknown item or NPC "Maybe this is for Fiery Avenger?"
    3) Show up in the Karanas as a ranger wielding it to further taunt/inflame rumors
    4) ...
    5) Profit
    6) Finally put it in game, grats Musk on first serverwide
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

This is great news, welcome back Aradune!
  18. Reht The Dude abides...

welcome back
  19. Nocomplaints Elder

I am looking foeward to this!
  20. sojuu Augur

welcome back