Epic Ornamentations

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Berdine, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Berdine New Member

I don't post here often if at all, so excuse me if I missed a thread, but does anyone know if the epic ornaments are going to be just 1.0? Wasn't sure if they would implement the 2.0 ones or not. regardless of which, they will be cool.
    -Berdine
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1.0 and 2.0.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1.0 and 2.0.
  4. gcubed Augur

It has been a while since they were first tested in beta, but the way they worked then was:
    - If you completed your Epic 1.0 Quest, the Epic 1.0 Ornamentation would be available.
    - If you completed your Epic 1.5 Quest, the Epic 1.5 Ornamentation would be available.
    - If you completed your Epic 2.0 Quest, the Epic 2.0 Ornamentation would be available.
    - The Epic 1.5 Prequest did not count as doing the Epic 1.0 Quest.

Depending on which Epic Quests you have completed, you would have anywhere between one and three Epic Ornamentations to chose from.

{Edit}
    Some classes got multiple weapons graphics for their Epic 1.0's. All of those would be available as Epic Ornamentations if they completed the Epic 1.0 Quest. As an example, Warriors would get three Ornamentations for completing their Epic 1.0 Quest.
  5. SpamFactory Augur

in HoT beta it was said paladins get a soulfire ornament too, assuming nothing changed since then.

I am so hyped for these.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Cleric sprinkler + shield!
    (unfortunately we still need to carry around our shields, like the SK 2.0)
  7. Maereax Augur

Does anyone know if it's possible to dual wield them? Do you get more than one/is the quest repeatable?

Also... Were they restricted to the weapon type of the ornament? If they can be put on any item (like the VoA preorder /claim 1hs ornament can be put on any weapon type) necros can totally dualwield 2.0's
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. SpamFactory Augur

well in HoT beta they were container based ornaments and you could get more just by hailing the quest giver after finishing the quest, so you could dual wield identical epics if you wanted. they were also restricted to the type of weapon that the epic itself was (i.e., war 1.0 was 1h slash only).

keep in mind that HoT beta was well before type 20 augs existed and before we had "all" weapon type ornaments, so it is possible they changed things since then.
    Maereax likes this.
  9. Maereax Augur

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you much!
  10. Obiziana Augur

Question, monk 1.0 (Celestial Fists) is not a weapon, rather it goes in your glove slot. How will this one work? Any ideas?
  11. SpamFactory Augur

in HoT beta it was a h2h ornament and you could get one for each hand, so you'd use it on a weapon even though the monk 1.0 was actually a pair of gloves.
  12. Maereax Augur

That's a bit silly. We used to be able to be wearing the gloves with the particles and have a weapon on in our fists. I doubt this will be changed, but that's a shame.
  13. SpamFactory Augur

I'm pretty sure the monk 1.0 gloves will only show a particle if you are bare fisted and not holding a weapon. If I am holding two other weapons and equip the epic gloves I wouldn't get the 1.0 particles ontop of the weapons I'm holding. I even remember monks back in the day using a 2hb and only having the particle show in their off hand since no weapon was held there.

so if anything it's better to have them as weapon ornaments this time around since no one is ever bare fisted anymore.
  14. Obiziana Augur

What did it look like when a weapon was augmented with the 1.0 ornament? An empty hand with particle effects?
  15. Maereax Augur

Oh, you might be right. It has been a very long time since I wore my epic 1.0. If that's the case, I apologize and agree that this might be a better solution
  16. SpamFactory Augur

you would have an empty fist and the particle effect at the end of your hands.

what I cannot remember is whether or not your "gloves" would show with the 1.0 ornament. with the monk 1.0 gloves you could see your bare skin (i.e., no leather gloves covering your hands). I do not remember whether the 1.0 ornament made your hands show skin or whether they just applied the particles ontop of your gloves.
  17. Obiziana Augur

Excellent, thanks for the information. Now if only I could find an nice 1hp weapon to apply the Shaman 1.0 ornament to!
  18. Dzarn Developer

Thanks to the advances in tech we've had since the items were originally introduced there have been a few updates.

The augments are now type 20 rather than the container ornament type.
    They require no solvent so you can add/remove them at will.
    The ornaments are now weapon type agnostic. (I.E. You can put the monk 1.0 ornament on a 1hb, h2h, or 2hb weapon.) The exception is the cleric 1.5/2.0 ornaments which still require you to use it on a shield.
    artofnoise, beryon and Mykaylla like this.
  19. Trajet D'Or Augur

Do Warriors get all three 1.0 ornaments?
  20. Maereax Augur

Are we still able to have multiple of the same ornamentation? IE: Dual-wielding epic 2.0's?