Ranger only bows

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Gladare, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Gladare Augur

Now that ranger bows have been separated from other classes, can bow ac and heroics be brought back into par with other range items?
    Tarvas likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Only on the non ranger versions probably (unless this is what you meant :p). Though it's still a "Weapon" so probably wont be changed over all.
  3. Hatsee Augur

AC should be close, heroics should be around 75% of the normal range slot items.

If either are off massively we can probably get something done, if not we're asking them to re-evaluate the entire item slot again and I'm not sure they'd really care to change it. Same guy doing items, new lead dev, perhaps, who knows.
  4. Gladare Augur

Shush you two. I want more!
  5. majump Journeyman

That really is an old argument that didn't make any sense back then and really does not make any sense now. And if you think it's ok to single out and punish a single class for requiring them to use a third weapon and that bows need to be gimped because they are weapons then please explain:

Heartshard Piercing
    MAGIC LORE NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: Primary, Secondary
    DMG: 110 Delay: 19 Ratio: 5.79 Backstab DMG: 58
    AC: 79 HP: 2953 + 3/tick MANA: 0 + 2/tick END: 2953 ATK: 35
    STA: 26 STR: 30 + 15 WIS: 20 INT: 20 DEX: 27 AGI: 23 CHA: 23

And

Wuran's Staff of Decay 2HB
    MAGIC LORE NO TRADE PRESTIGE
    Slot: Primary
    DMG: 257 Delay: 34 Ratio: 7.56
    AC: 146 HP: 5234 + 7/tick MANA: 5750 + 8/tick ATK: 42
    STA: 56 + 27 STR: 36 + 17 WIS: 39 INT: 56 + 27 DEX: 39 AGI: 53 + 26 CHA: 49 + 24

I wish someone would also explain to me the low AC value on weapons. Someone is running at you with a sword to attack you and you have to grab something to defend yourself and on the table in front of you.. a bow, a doll, a book. Which one do you grab? Apparently in EQ the doll and book grant you a much better chance of defending yourself.
  6. Falos Augur

I'd grab the doll, cause then my enemy would be like HOLY **** this guy is crazy, and sprint off running away from me.
  7. Braveheart Augur

Inflatable?
  8. Explicit Augur

Logic has no place in Everquest, therefor you pick the book -- cause it looks mega-cool in your house.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That's what the bandolier is for - which you are already hitting to equip your Def mod item for your ammo slot anyway when tanking. They were already kind enough to add both a type 4 and a type 7/8 aug slot to bows and added Heroics in recent years. They gave us what we wanted. I'm all for gains and all but they've been more than fair.