Status of Trakanon Server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Doranur_Aleguzzler, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Is this server going to be closed soon, or will something be done to attempt to revitalize it? I don't actively play there, because when I started there, I could do a /who all 1 65, and get three returns during U.S. primetime. I have some suggestions, if anybody is open to them.

• Merge the server with another low population server.
    • Take the server offline for good, recycling the hardware.
    • Set Trakanon and Vox as New Player Preferred in the server select screen, to help direct new and returning players to lower population servers. Vox is very active, while Trakanon is not. Both could benefit from being flagged, especially Trakanon.
  2. RekMMO Lorekeeper

Sending new players to Trak seems like a bad idea to me. IMO, just merge it.
  3. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

just a hunch, but i suspect they are saving this server to merge the TLP's into once progression has run its course.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Good point on the TLP servers.
  5. Tegila Augur

this makes the most sense. ive made several toons on trak and when i was there usually 30-50ppl online t a time, most aroudn 65, only 2-3 at 80+. would be perfect for the TLPs
  6. Machen New Member

If so, it's going to be a long wait for those pour souls playing on Trakanon. We are still probably around three years away from being caught up.
  7. Tegila Augur

no not really, TLP servers dont last 5 years firstly, and secondly, 90% of trakanon is at same or lower level as the TLP's. make a toon there and go look around you'll see waht i mean
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

These TLP servers have already been around for 2 years, and they are only now at DoDh (11 of 20). It is at LEAST going to take them another 2 years to just get caught up to where the Live servers will be (22 of 22), and that is assuming all the remaining votes pass on the first attempt. So while 3 years might be a bit of a stretch, 2 to 2 1/2 years is very realistic.
    So honestly, I see a better chance of Trakanon being merged with Vox at some point in the not too distant future, and then at another point in the future Fippy/Vulak being merged with that server.
  9. Wanglo New Member

Trakanon is home to a low level progression guild, that is currently at level 65 cap. Soon to open GoD. Part of the allure of this server is the level range, though it does not seem to be advertised much at all. Not everyone who plays this game cares to be pushing the top of the envelope, and there are a lot of people who have just as much enjoyment in the older content, or getting an opportunity to see content they missed out on.

The main reason this server was chosen for this guild was because the low population. Since there is a very small economy, we do not have to compete with perma campers, which also allowed us to do the original epics how they were intended, and out of the 6 months I have been with the guild we have only had 2 incidents or our intended raid targets not being available. So please do not take our server away from us!