Velishan's Revenge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gladare, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Gladare Augur

When Velishan is in magic form with scales of magic buff, it is immune to Summer's Gale as well. This is supposed to be a fire/ice combo spell.
  2. Xirtket Augur

I would guess it's because it checks against prismatic (which is every resist iirc) so it includes magic.

1: Add effect: Summer's Gale Burn
    2: Add effect: Summer's Gale Splash
    3: Increase Hate by 572
    4: Increase Hitpoints by 0
    Details Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
    Mana: 1801
    Skill:
    Evocation
    Casting Time: 0.5
    Recast Time:
    Fizzle Time: 1.5
    Resist:
    Prismatic [Average]
    Resist Adjust: -1000
    Range:
    Time of Day:
    Any
    Fizzle Adj: 116
    Deletable:
    No
    Interruptable: Yes
    Target Type:
    Single
    Spell Type: Detrimental
    Category:
    Dir. Dmg [Fire]
    Source: Live 02/11

Bleh, post coming through all jumbled, not sure why, won't let me change it either, but this is my theory why it won't land.
  3. Gladare Augur

I want special treatment. Make the spell land anyway.
  4. Axxius Augur

That looks intentional. Velishan not just resists the matching spells but gives you a reaction text. Scales of Magic make her immune not only to magic, but also prismatic (and chromatic?) spells. Not the Scales buff itself, but the script on Velishan. Big deal. Wait until she switches to some other resist.
  5. Gladare Augur

Spell line has been around since TSS. That initial prismatic check was added because when it was first put into game, if the first half of the spell was resisted, the second half didn't fire. Honestly, I didn't bother checking that part of the spell. I had forgotten about it. Either way, my second post was a joke. My mana bar is wasted on that fight though because I can't cast summer's in any of the forms. In my guild he spends all his time in fire, magic, and a very small amount of time ice.
  6. Nocomplaints Elder

The event is solo easy they change it might as well make it and oak t1.
  7. Gladare Augur

I agree; a very easy event. I just hate having a mana bar sitting at around 90-95% when the event is over.
  8. CaptAmazing Augur

Are these raids really that simple? What numbers do you have downing these?
  9. scrappydoo New Member

no they are not " that easy " folks tend to over play it. they are not to difficult once you lern the strats but a far far cry from being what did the guy say solo easy lol
  10. Xirtket Augur

If you have a good raiding force any raid is trivial once you learn the strat.
  11. Explicit Augur

Velishan, Heart of the Oak, and The Queen's Decree are exactly as easy as everyone says they are. No one's soloing them (if they are, they are 100% hacking), but they are by no means events that need a full raid, complex strats, or overgeared chars --- they are basically "free loot".
  12. Gladare Augur

Maybe change the initial check to chromatic since the idea is for it to always land so the 2 damaging portions of the spell always cast. Having the check be -1000 chromatic instead of -1000 prismatic should stop it from being blocked.
  13. Filatal Augur

Except chromatic also checks magic as far as Velishan goes. I don't run MR during this event or the other casters would strip scales away casting fire/ice/etc during Velishan's magic phase. In fact, when Veli is magic I just channel surf until my AT for switching to a different form pops up. If I'm in a good mood, I might rune the tank for giggles.
  14. Axxius Augur

WHAT. o_O
  15. Gladare Augur

I thought his magic scales only block spells that check against magic resist. Wouldn't chromatic only check against the lowest resist? When he's in magic scales form, his lowest resist shouldn't be magic.
  16. Filatal Augur

I can provide my logs if you don't trust me. Chromatic = scales removed during Magic phase.
  17. Gladare Augur

Oh well. I guess I'll continue to be bored.
  18. Axxius Augur

If you think that MR removes Velishan's scales - you are severely mistaken. I always have MR aura on me when nuking Velishan non-stop, and not a single time did she lose her scales. Nor was she supposed to.

If she lost scales at the same time when you nuked her (with anything) then it was a coincidence. If your logs show everybody's spellcasting then the exact cause of her losing Scales is right there. You are an enchanter and she lost the Scales during the Magic phase? Did you perhaps cast Tash on her?
  19. Filatal Augur

This is our first encounter and didn't have much info at the time

[Thu Jan 17 22:00:00 2013] You are filled with reverberating mana.
    <MR is running>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:10 2013] You begin casting Enunciation of Tashan Rk. II.
    <Cast Tash as per my normal start>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:11 2013] Velishan, The Deceitful glances nervously about.
    <Tash, a poison based spell, lands fine>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:13 2013] You begin casting Demolished Consciousness Rk. III.
    <Kind of knew this wouldn't work, but it was our first attempt and it is good to gather info>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:15 2013] This type of spell cannot land while Velishan is shielded by Scales of Magic.
    <This is the "oops" message, meaning you've cast the wrong spell at the wrong time>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:19 2013] You are filled with reverberating mana.
    <MR is still running>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:35 2013] You begin casting Mindcleave Rk. II.
    <Well, she's protected by magic, my nuke is chromatic>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:37 2013] You are filled with reverberating mana.
    <MR still running>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:38 2013] This type of spell cannot land while Velishan is shielded by Scales of Magic.
    <Oops
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:38 2013] Filatal hit Velishan, The Deceitful for 725 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:38 2013] Velishan, The Deceitful is struck by disease.
    <My Sympathetic disease aug hits>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:38 2013] This type of spell cannot land while Velishan is shielded by Scales of Magic.
    <This is MR not landing>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:38 2013] You twincast Mindcleave Rk. II.
    <sweet, TC aura pays off>
    <Oops
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:38 2013] Filatal hit Velishan, The Deceitful for 2465 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:38 2013] You deliver a critical blast! (2465)
    [Thu Jan 17 22:00:38 2013] Velishan, The Deceitful is struck by disease.
    <Crit the disease aug!>
    <MR is still not landing>

The reverse is also true, this is from Velishan in disease form:

[Thu Jan 17 22:01:05 2013] Filatal hit Velishan, The Deceitful for 99935 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu Jan 17 22:01:05 2013] You deliver a critical blast! (99935)
    [Thu Jan 17 22:01:05 2013] Velishan, The Deceitful's mind is sliced by a blade of pure thought.
    <Mindcleave hits!>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:01:05 2013] This type of spell cannot land while Velishan is shielded by Scales of Disease.
    <disease aug peels another layer away>
    [Thu Jan 17 22:01:05 2013] Filatal hit Velishan, The Deceitful for 11995 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu Jan 17 22:01:05 2013] You deliver a critical blast! (11995)
    [Thu Jan 17 22:01:05 2013] Velishan, The Deceitful is enveloped in reverberating energy.
    <MR hits and I'm a critting fool>

I will now wait on your logs that show how severely mistaken I am.
  20. Axxius Augur

What do you want me to post from my logs? Not making a mistake that removes Velishan's scales is obviously not in the logs. Can't show a log of what didn't happen. You claimed that proccing MR removes her scales. That is not true, even your own log shows nothing special happening. When she has Scales of Magic it doesn't land, when she has any other scales - it lands.

But about your log...
    1. You didn't include the part about Velishan losing her scales and becoming unhappy. Is that what happened? If so, the likely reason is highlighted in red.
    2. Tash is not a poison based spell. It's Unresistable. A raiding enchanter not knowing this? :eek: