Update Bugs 02/13/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Kaylord101 Elder

thanks, my problem was i put Rk. II instead of Rk. ii
    works now
  2. Eversi New Member

Target AE Wave spells do not function correctly. Only the first wave hits the targets. Waves two and three do nothing or only seem to hit the player, regardless of proximity to the target. This is true for all classes and spells with these type of spells.
  3. trickor Journeyman

You took secondary off Staff of the Silent Star when you added Alleviating Burst proc for casters when no caster would ever even use this weapon. All melee's that used this weapon used it in there secondary. Please put secondary back on the weapon since you just destroyed it... I have this weapon for my offhand ( im a rogue) and im really upset. Or if you are keeping this alleviating burst on it make it caster only why even have it melee? But since you started with it as a melee weapon you should honor what it was and make it secondary again since you teased us.
  4. Explicit Augur

[Mon Feb 18 20:03:28 2013] Findlewill begins casting a fireball at Glori, Johnew and Tuluvian.
    [Mon Feb 18 20:03:28 2013] You feel an inner warmth as Findlewill points at you.

The new and improved emotes are obviously bugged, everyone in the raid is getting the "personal" emote instead of just the three people mentioned
  5. Sigourney Journeyman

So , instead of saying to "NERF ZERKERS" , you say, "concerns over high burst damage?"
    We are lacking now as it is, many classes are doing better burn dps, what stupidity has taken hold with you Dev's? Why am i raiding?......for upgrades? apparently not...
  6. RainbowTest Augur

Mobs in chardok on test are not functioning properly as of about 9 hours ago. All mobs that cast buffs on their fellow sarnaks are overwriting each others buffs constantly, you can actually gather up all of the caster sarnaks and they will pile up and stay still constantly recasting buffs over each other with no regard for buffs that are already on their targets. Before they would check first and not cast a buff a mob already had, now it does not matter. I've managed to stack approximately 30 mobs into the herbalist hut in the basement and they just sit there...not resetting never running out of mana. Mobs also have begun to tether to each other randomly, if you agro 1 mob in a cave, a mob just appears on your ET window and will come running without any social agro of themobs it runs thru directly to you and all these mobs are grey. All down around the Herbalist in chardok.
  7. Motasa New Member

Yes, I noticed this on my Mage, as well. Not sure about lower level spells, but it was definitely happening like that with level 99 magic rain rk II.
  8. Eversi New Member

My mage and wizard are now 60. Not a single AE wave spell for either class from 1-60 has worked as described. This has also been noticed by other guild members. As of right now, sadly, these spells are mostly useless.
  9. Xirtket Augur

Isn't burst damage supposed to be high?
  10. Phrett Augur

Wand of Phantasmal Transvergence is not a placeable item like the other mod rods... would be nice for melee to place them so we don't have to (a) eat up a bag slot with them; or (b) constantly delete them during raids...

P.S. The 2hander nerf isn't working as intended... turns out I DO use a 2hander for sustained dps as well, so yeah...
  11. Sigourney Journeyman

"Burst DPS" apparently is a metaphor for "used to play this game" of course, b/c if this isnt fixed, my decade with multiple accounts is done....this isnt a nerf, this is a joke......of course they snub their nose at this, why...because the overlords are lame ducks now....they could care less what they screw up.
    With this kind of decision making, EverquestNext...really, you think im going to buy that...?
  12. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

Divine Stun does not trigger Healing Light aa. Did this change and I missed it?
  13. Eversi New Member

The magician's fire elemental pet does not always attack or even follow a target. For example, if the target goes around a corner and out of line of sight, the pet will stand in place and do nothing. The buff Kindle is not, so it is free to move. I have not tried earth or water yet, but air works fine. This has occurred for a while now.
  14. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

The fire pets after 49 root themselves and nuke iirc.
  15. RVDRVD New Member

Since the patch Fire Pet aggro seems to be attributed to the mage. If you use the fire pet on a summoning mob and /pet attack the mob summons the mage before the mage can even cast. This has happened in nToV when clearing trash and other RoF zones
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Third person mentioning this on raid mobs, I'm guessing this is the planned pet tanking nerf caused by the class envy thread.

They are already backtracking on the 'zerker nerf though.
  17. Gladare Augur

Yes, the planned pet tanking nerf only applies to one type of pet. The one not used to tank. And it was pumped out in record time too.
  18. Abazzagorath Augur

Has been this way for awhile, "pending a fix". Basically, divine stun is now instant cast and immediately resets when you try and cast it on a player or pet. Some people were targetting one and then spamming it as it would still proc healing light group heals. So it was done to stop the exploit, until they get a real fix for it.

I'd expect it to not be changed back anytime soon. FoD and DP still procs healing light through so it really only affects people that used that exploit. Maybe affects progression server that don't have FoD yet? Dunno, but healing light was later anyway unless it was made available earlier than it originally was.
  19. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I can't think of any other reason for someone to be poking around in the pet aggro code. SoE has a long history of nerfing the wrong thing the wrong way at unpredictable times.

Could be a long noodle effect from some other code change. I don't envy the devs the job of maintaining continuously updated code written last millennium; hell in a few years they might get interns younger than the code working on it!
  20. fatbass New Member

So i have been playing a zerker for well over 6 years and been playing eq for over 10. i am in an end game raiding guild and have never posted here or felt the need to post until now. I love the zerker class as they use to be able to top parses as they should. Zerkers have been declining steadily now and makes me want to switch classes. what is the point in playing a class that can only do dps if they get out dpsed by other classes that offer more. Zerkers dont have spells, we cannot heal slow or do anything but swing a giant axe and use AA that hurt us to burst our dps and we still get out dpsed by other classes that have beneficial abilites to improve survival such as beastlords . Frankly as a zerker vet i am highly dissapointed in the way the zerker class has been dumbed down to just ok dps. The only reason i play a class that can be easily killed for the chance to do great dmg is because they use to do just that "great damage". this is no longer the case with zerkers. Seeing talk of lowering zerkers even more makes me want to throw in the towel all together. I sure hope that there is someone who reads this that can acually make a difference and can be an advocate for zerkers as there appears to be none.