EQ crashing before character select screen

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Skruubb, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Skruubb New Member

I installed a new graphics card, a geforce 9500 gt, and now I can select server, but after that it tries to load then it just disappears. When I verify files, it gives me this error..Warning: Fullscan unable to calculate CRC for C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/EverQuest/global3_chr.s3d. Please help!
  2. TSR-SeanF Augur

That is a pretty odd error that you happen to be getting Cyclic Redundancy Check process the launchpad uses to install the game. In certain cases this issue can arise due to anti-virus software running on your system which is preventing the launcher from working correctly. If you are running any such software please add an exception for the launch pad software. If you are using an older installer or some of the old EQ disks please try using the launcher from the following link:

http://launch.soe.com/everquest/

In the case that your problems persist please feel free to open a support ticket with us for further assistance. The instructions on how to do so can be located in my signature below.
  3. Skruubb New Member

Thanks for the reply. It's not an antivirus and I tried redownloading the patcher, but it didn't work. The game loaded fine a few days ago with my old graphics card, just quit working when I installed the new one. I have submitted a ticket so hopefully we can get this resolved fairly quickly.
  4. Nekrofehlia New Member

Make sure to download the latest driver from NVidia, Also make sure all of your 3d settings are set to let the application decide and if that doesn't work, try resetting all the display driver settings back to default and turn off any Physix processing to see if that helps alleviate the issue.
  5. Chilodonela New Member

Well I just download and install the game, and it keep crashing after i chose the server. I dont know what to do now.
  6. TSR-SeanF Augur

Please open a support ticket with us including your dxdiag and msinfo files so we can take a closer look. The instructions on how to contact us with this information can be located in my signature below.