Test Update 10/09/12

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Rainbowdash Augur

I only actually looted three of the 19 or so i handed in. 2 of which dropped prior to Magus being patched in (when he was supposed to spawn but wasn't). The other one dropped this morning in BD. All the rest i bought off people or had friends such as Vaft hand them off to me as I had gotten the farthest (to my knowledge) on the server at the time, they wanted to see what we got at max ally...now we know :p

Let me give you a few examples though, excluding the first two shards which dropped before Magus was patched in here's my farm and drop rate over the last two days:

Spent all of yesterday swarming Field of Scale outside the Kaesora walls with another mage guildie. Pulling the areas marked here:
    [IMG]
    We cleared that area a good 10-15 times last night plus 1 clear of armies (also marked) before a headshotting ranger zoned in and we vacated the armies camp to them and stuck to Kaesora. entrance. We got 3 shards, all off one corpse (so only one of well over 100 mobs dropped a shard, 3 on the corpse. Like I said, they seem to drop in small groups more often than not) they were the 71-85 gap shards. This is before I figured out I couldn't hand them in outside that gap, i found that out that night. Put the one I looted in GB, other mage (Benhan) took other two.

Killed the entire zone of CoM in a couple pulls (stupid pathing making 1 big pull too hard :( ). No shards.

Vaft meanwhile wiped all of Crypt of Decay out a few times. No shards.

I killed Beasts' Domain hunter camp (up near Bopo etc) a few times over to pop Jorth this morning. 1 shard dropped.

Cleared all of the goblin/orc/drakkin miners and slavers in Sunderock outside Vergalid in 2 pulls per clear (marked below) and cleared it ~8 times. A good 50 mobs per clear. No shards.
    [IMG]

Had someone in general say they had been clearing, i think HoT yard, for 7 hours. No shards.

The ranger that took over armies sent me 4 shards after I got off work the next day. Had been there maybe 5-6 hours at the point. All 4 off one corpse.

So yes. Rarity is an issue :p They are certainly not dropping like candy. HOWEVER the fact that they are tradeable, and the fact that they are global, not to mention the shrouding work around for lower shards and the fact that not everyone will be doing this, means buying them off people should be easy. That's what I did. Just make sure everyone loots EVERYTHING.

Oh I agree it would be nice to have Hero's Forge be able to fit into all slots regardless of type. I was just saying, as it functions now good luck =/ While there is certainly all/all leather/cloth/robe bp's out there. You'd be hard pressed to find one with the best stats for your level. So you'd either sacrifice stats (which is fine for some.) or it'd be just for show. Which is also fine as I personally keep a fully stocked wardrobe in Rainbow Dash's bank in case I wanna change robe styles while in GL or roleplay being a paladin. :p
  2. Dzarn Developer

The current amount of experience that your item has gained won't change but the amount of experience required to reach each level will change. I believe the next time your item gains experience it will adjust itself to the correct level.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

At present, everyone can simply choose to use the all/all silk visible BP (I think in VoA it should be found in T4 {Plate T1, Leather T2, and Chain T3; I figure Silk should be in T4 unless it wasn't included this time} so near that quality).

Aside from having to redo it every time you zone or die you can already make yourself appear to be wearing any robe you already possess via the illusion trick. Put on the robe; click an illusion which does not support robes or whatever you normally wear, such as a skeleton; put on your normal BP (may require that the normal BP not have any HF ornaments in it); and finally click off the illusion. You will once again be wearing a Robe but will have the stats of your good armor.

There are a very large number of Monks who would buy the HF ornaments just to be able to avoid having to do the illusion trick in order to wear a robe, otherwise they will just not waste their money. If they want to limit who can use the HF Robe ornamentation, then it should only be useable with robe looks and not cloth and Robe looks. So as I see it there are 3 ways to solve this; remove all restrictions from Robes (best solution imo), add leather to the looks that can use the HF Robe Ornaments (second best solution), or remove the look restrictions and change the ornaments from All/All to Int classes + Monks (solution I like the least). Anyone who says leave it as is, that is not a solution that is ignoring the problem.
  4. Qwestwic Augur

This is correct. We tested both using a Click from the optional steps in Pillars, as well as killing Alarans. The first thing you do that would award your tear with XP will promote it to the adjusted level according to the new experience per level scaling.
    Dzarn likes this.
  5. Rtugok Developer

Test will need to be patched for the fix to be pushed. As soon as it's patched (and the notes from JChan should mention it) give it a shot and let us know if it is still misbehaving.
    Dzarn likes this.
  6. Vmas Elder

my tear was at lvl 9 3% after i killed some Alaran mobs i got lvl 12 18% not a bad change) and gratz this crazy guys that allready have maxed it now)
    Dzarn likes this.
  7. Pirlo Augur

One would hope they repeat their language system from VoA, easy way to track your progression.
    Oh and it didn't lock half the playerbase out.
  8. Straahdx Augur

Personally, HoT prog over VoA prog any day..
  9. Stephen51 Augur

Have the curing values been acknowledged by the Devs yet? The nerf of the healing values was not on the description of the patch, so one could assume it was an error, except that no one has either fixed it (to my knowledge on test, I've not been on test, but I am quite concerned this change will be pushed live in haste, and repaired at leisure) or commented on the reduction.
  10. Stephen51 Augur

Ok I've just realised the patch has been pushed live, and the Splash change isn't there any more, hopefully this means its been pulled until its corrected.
  11. Teppic New Member

That is basically correct. Earlier in the thread I believe one of the Devs stated that, with the attempted fix, the spell was still landing on NPCs. So even if all the curing had worked exactly the same, the change wouldn't have prevented charm pets from being cured etc.

Edit**
    I found the comment
  12. Vaft_Gnome Lorekeeper

Update for shards. 21 got me to max ally.
    they are rare, and still nothing for sale at the vendor, or quest dialogue updates. like RBD has said, at this point theres no need to rush, it is probably just getting a head start on faction for the expansion and nothing exactly to do with a pre-release event.
  13. Grum New Member

Is there anyway they could ditch the Basilisk pet for trolls and bring back the Crocodile?????