Stomples Day is Back!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]Time once again to bow down to our bunny overlords.

Hopping back into action today is Stomples Day. With spring in full swing, the only thing you gotta bring is . . . uh, you-ing!

Okay, shameful Dr. Seuss’ing aside, today is Stomples Day and your chance to go on egg and bunny hunts. Head to the Plane of Knowledge to chat with Grundle Cogwelder to get started. Once you’re done there, head over to Eastern Wastes to meet up with Mei Glacierbane and Seymour Saxifragus to complete a few tasks that offer some sweet rewards. You can then begin collecting Jellybeans in Eastern Wastes and Western Wastes to complete the holiday’s achievements.

Loads of springtime fun to be enjoyed! (The collections are available on servers that have unlocked Scars of Velious. The quests require that the server has unlocked Torment of Velious.) This year’s Stomples Day event will end on May 2, 2023 at 11:00 p.m. PDT. Hoppity-hop to it!

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
  2. Herf Augur

Not available on Agnarr or any TLP that hasn't released whatever the correct expansion is.

See how easy it would be to add that to such announcements?
  3. Jedis Arch Mage

We have eggs dropping in PoK on Agnarr. It's something.
  4. Herf Augur

Yes we can get the Madness of Stomples item. The other eggs are in um..I think..Queynos Hills and the Karana just off Lake Rathe.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Yeah, SKarana, near Centaurs will get all the eggs you'll ever need. They are also in WKarana.. but meh... Centaurs is where it's at.

Also, the "Eastern Wastes" in the announcement is ToV. They really could have added some identifier when duping all these zones instead of furthering the "no original ideas" thing of redoing previous content. Even RoF's EW has a different name...
  6. GrandOpener Elder

As far as I understand the lore the newest EW is simply the "current" state of the zone in a changing world. It's literally the same place, and from a story perspective we sort of pretend the older versions aren't really there anymore, but they still exist as a courtesy to let people still experience the old content. How they're developing the story/lore with these "duplicated" zones is pretty cool IMO, and much better than old school revamps where the older version would be actually replaced.

Having said that, 100% agree that they really should have slightly different names. :p
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Pretty sure the jelly beans also spawn in the SoV versions of EW and WW, as well as EW (ToV) and WW (CoV)...which is why they just left it at Eastern Wastes and Western Wastes without specifying an expansion.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Jelly beans, yes, but not the quest NPC's
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, ok...thought you were talking about the collection.
  10. Herf Augur

Older locked servers (Agnarr) get some of the jelly bean spawns but you can't actually get to the quest NPC or find all the beans.
  11. Jedis Arch Mage

Agreed! Lesson learned from the Freeport revamp with PoR.
  12. Kitieyes New Member

I went around with my high level, could not find NPC in Eastern Wastes, after about an hour I had found two jelly beans, no eggs. Came on with a low level no eggs found in PoK, Qeynos, Qeynos Hills, West Karana toward Rathe Mtns. ... no eggs or NPC. This is a new posting from EQ, but I am not finding what the posting or the quests are giving. What am I missing?
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think there might be some confusion - not sure if its me or everyone else. :D

It sounds like you might be on a TLP so could be why your not seeing what live servers do.

#1 is a quest. You go see this guy in POK called Grundle Gogwelder and talk to him and he will give you a quest called: The Origin of the Cuniculus. That quest has you collect easter eggs that are laying on the ground. You can also buy them from players in the baz if they have them for sale. There is a list of zones in that link where the easter eggs pop but you should be able to find them in POK near Grundle and in the buildings close to him. The reward is a staff that summons lots of bunnies.

#2 is a "collect" and is called "It's a mixed bag" with no real item reward at the end - it just offers exp or AA. That does not have a "quest giver" but the jelly beans are ground spawns again. You just run around different zones trying to find them like other collects in the game. This link will give you possible zones to find them in. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=10739

#3 Mei Glacierbane is a quest giver in TOV Eastern Wastes and gives 2 quests: Stomple's Day - A Flurry of Spring
    Stomple's Day - Spring Fever. No eggs or jelly beans. You can find her among the other NPC in SW corner and she is on your find button.

#4 Seymour Saxifragus in also in TOV Eastern wastes and gives the quest Stomple's Day - Here Comes Spring

The jelly beans can be done in both versions of the zones. I found EW better for the rare jelly beans.

While I linked a lot of the stuff from Allah - I actually prefer Bonzz so if you want the big picture check out his

http://www.bonzz.com/stomples.htm
  14. Herf Augur

I'll add that the Madness of Stomples (easter eggs) is doable on Agnarr, so perhaps on most other servers?

The Jelly Bean quest requires the new, high lvl versions of Velious zones, I'm not sure which expansion that is.
  15. Accendo Guest

I've just edited the article a bit to provide an update and some clarification:

Yinla likes this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At the top of the Allah page it says:

These ground spawns can be found in The Eastern Wastes (ToV), Eastern Wastes (Velious), and in Western Wastes (CoV), and Western Wastes (Velious).

And then in the comments on Allah - there is a list of where to find the jelly beans in the old versions of wastes and that is what I went off of to find them so I didn't get annihilated by the high level mobs while searching.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Herf Augur

I could be wrong, but when this was released last year I looked around and could only find old world ground spawns which are not enough to complete the jelly beans quest.
  18. Jedis Arch Mage

The jelly beans do spawn in West Wastes (Velious) on Agnarr. Just found one. They show up differently than the eggs in PoK. You may need Pixel Shaders 2.0 or something enabled to see these special kind of ground spawns:
    [IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG]

I think the Reward button is broken. When I click it, it opens a Reward Preview window for the achievement "In Your Eyes" and shows it unlocks Banestrike.

[IMG]
  19. Herf Augur

Odd. Have you completed it on Agnarr? When they first started doing this a couple years ago I only found like 1 jellybean in western wastes.
  20. Jedis Arch Mage

No. I ran around and saw several, but they were very spaced out. Not like the other zones where they were in close proximity.
    Herf likes this.