24th anniversary AUGS are terrible

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Poyzen Frawg, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Am I the only one who thinks the 24th anniversary AUGS are complete garbage? They should have been trade skill made. For the last several years the anniversary items have been awesome. Now we get nothing but rot.
    Namde and Fenthen like this.
  2. Izzard of Bertox Augur

I now have 13 AUGS from this mission that I don't need in my inventory. At least they are not lore and give a little bit of tribute. The coin is nice for a mission that can be MOLOed.
    Hobitses likes this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

I need about 70 augs (various) overall for my alts. This mission is far better than grinding Mearatas pit, and my reluctance to waste time in there is the principal reason why I need the augs for my alts. Now I can do the grind with a reasonable pay-out rate.
    I am very thankful to DPG for such an awesome mission reward this year. And i am sure the years ahead all my new alts will make a stop there at Anniversary time (same as Unity Feather mission, Dinner Invitation and a few others).
    Ozon, Tegila, Silvena and 1 other person like this.
  4. kizant Augur

The augs are good.
    Axxius, Denyu, Jhenna_BB and 2 others like this.
  5. Marton Augur

Augs are good.

Personally I'm not a fan of limiting this kind of content to several weeks/Anniversary only.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Hopefully the raid tier player made ones will come out soon. Even though they are from 'raid' instances, they are easily groupable.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Ismel Augur

So you prefer to grind out named spawns for a rare drop to craft the augs, give me a nice easy mission any day of the week, now I will give you that last years collect locator is much better, but short of giving us a Death Touch click I dont really know what can beat that.
  8. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I guess the Tailoring to the Box Army crowd makes sense. That's the EQ money maker now.

I want my damn Death Touch Clicky!
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

a clicky that doubles the chance of a rare spawn appearing at the nearest empty spawn point.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I mean...I just enjoy playing. :)
    Quatr, Sprooce and Nennius like this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

And then disappears in a cloud of smoke.

Effect: Frustration
    Lore Group: Aprils Fool's
    Metanis, Stymie, Vumad and 3 others like this.
  12. Zarkdon Augur

I mean, God forbid we get a set of augs from a mission that will be relevant for 6 years.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm grateful for these augs as is, even sharing the TBL lore groups. If that really was an error, then they will become even better. I don't know how these can be viewed as bad. Don't we have until like the end of May to get the ones we need/want?
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I think most people are looking at them as "bad" perhaps because things like the accuracy bonus etc is less then the raid version from the rz era set. you do need to pick and choose wisely with the evolver augs depending on what your goals are. i like that they were added, and appreciate it, however, i also feel with limited time things, its a bit of a loot pool to get the ones you specifically want - for me, i had the time to do it, but can see how some folks may not especially if they also have extraordinarily bad luck.
  15. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Adeta totally gets me.

The ones from COV and TBL are no longer relevant. (after the raid AUGS come out, if they do) Hasn't been 6 years. You can use maybe 2 of those AUGs out of the how many that drop at random? My chief complaint is that out of the 30 AUGS i have from that mission so far I can use only ONE. So yeah, I'm a bit annoyed.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Is there really that many evolving gear items to put them in? Currently I can only think of the cloak and I know a few people aren't bothering with it. Rallos Ear still worth it? TBL items I think are worse than current gear.

Just 1 or 2 items to put all those new augs in?

I think the big disapointment comes from lack of charm and range slot augs, I can't remember the last time we had a charm aug.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

I think they could be a bit higher on the ac and hp. The "focus" you are getting on them is the $. Yes you can get some with that in TBL the ones i have the proc on them is like 1k smaller. Not sure on the defense from front or back as I didnt get any of those.

The task is very accessible for those not so well geared. So there is that.
  18. Zarkdon Augur

The TBL augs are still being farmed, or were, before this mission. That expansion, and therefore the augs it dropped, is 5 years old. This is a decent set of rewards that people will do for a long time.

A range aug would have been nice, but this year's reward isnt anything to complain about.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Both pearls from the anniversary missions can go in charm, and I think there may have been 1 or 2 other augs in recent expansions that can go in there. I'm pretty sure most people just use one of the pearls, which is a sad comment on itemization that a best in slot aug is from a limited time event that's several years old.

For my ranger, I'm kinda miffed that there's only been ONE tradeskill weapon aug in like the last 4 or 5 expansions that can fit in a bow. Or a grand total of 1 (group) aug that can fit in a shield every other expansion.
  20. Buds Augur

It's so funny how people get so crazy over small even larger stats. They are almost meaningless in the game, especially the group game. I had taken almost all the augs out of my enchanters gear to switch some around. Well got distracted and didn't put most of them back in. Didn't even notice for over a month, until I opened the bag with all the augs lol. Didn't miss a beat, without about 20 augs. Made me realize how ridiculous we get with these numbers. Even using my NOS familiar or not, I don't even really see a difference on my toons. Worrying about a few augs is not even worth thinking about, you wouldn't even notice if they were working or not. Not saying big gear upgrades don't matter, but a few augs makes almost no difference.
    FYAD likes this.