Test Update 03/21/2023 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 21, 2023.

1. EQ Dev Developer

Test has been updated today with our current Live build. Additionally, we are releasing the new UI port to Test. Everything but the UI should match Live.

March 21, 2023

*** UI ***

- The following windows have been converted to the Gameface UI engine: Inventory, Quantity, Selector, and Story.
    - - Custom Suite XML implementations of these windows will continue to work as expected but will now generate a warning in UIErrors.txt suggesting that you remove this file in favor of either a custom, or the default, Gameface implementation.
    - A tool to support the conversion from Suite XML to the new Gameface UI format has been included for optional installation in the LayoutConverter directory of your client.

- Changed -
    EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml

- The EverQuest Team
    MasterMagnus, Skuz, Emilari and 2 others like this.
  2. Meeko Developer(Code)

UI scaling for the ported windows can be done either using the new slider in the Options > Display tab or using the "/ui scale #" command. The command accepts values between 0.25 and 10 with 1.0 being the default size.

There is also the "/ui reloadhtml" command to reload your windows if you're customizing it outside the game.
  3. Ryona New Member

The font on the inventory window is making my eyes bug out. There seems to be some sort of subtle shadowing in the font that is making it blurry, almost like double vision. Is there a way to make it crisp?
    Emilari, Sancus, Quatr and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cyphren Journeyman

Really like the "snapping" when interacting with other windows that have been changed.

My brain can't process the fuzziness of the text.

Also when dragging new windows, the fps of them seem real sluggish compared to older stuff.
    Emilari and Ryona like this.
  5. Emilari UI Designer

So, when a custom UI chooses to pull certain files from the default (IE: I have a custom UI that doesn't have a custom Story window), before the new engine was added, the default piece would load using my custom art to match the theme. I haven't yet updated my art for the new engine.

Now, when a custom UI chooses to pull one of the UI files from the new engine (IE the story window) as my custom UI doesn't include a story window, it's loading the art from the new engine (IE default art) that doesn't match the custom theme.

So, if custom UI authors want a universal art experience across both the files using the SUITE engine and the Gameface engine through the year as the port is completed, they should work on converting their art sooner than later.

While I believe this is another 'feature' of running two UI engines concurrently and not a bug, I was asked by a dev to post about it.
  6. Tester44 New Member

After patch: 2 pc's start EQ normally. 3rdpc gets EQgame.exe - System error. The code execution cannot proceed because vcruntime140_1.dll was not found.
  7. Angahran Augur

I'm confused.
    I did a file compare of 'default' on live and 'default' on test and the only file that is different is EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml.

So, how were Inventory, Quantity, Selector, and Story windows 'converted' ?
  8. looffy New Member

The new UI is in the uiresources folder.
    Emilari likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Thanks.

Is there anything like uierrors.txt to give a hint on why your UI explodes and loads default ?
    This may be obvious to people that know HTML5.
  10. Cyphren Journeyman

UI scaling is currently applies to everything. Will there be an ability to scale individual pieces?
    Drakah, Emilari and Silvena like this.
  11. Strat79 Apprentice

Download and install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015". It should fix this. I've had 6 others I know with similar missing file errors related to this since the patch.
  12. Emilari UI Designer

Does the new engine only support PNG images, or does it continue to support other image types like TGA and DDS files?

I haven't been able to get the converter working so it's difficult to tell. I'm told updates are incoming, so I'm not too worried about the converter at this point.

I'm not super great with image editing, but in converting some of my TGA files to PNG I'm noticing transparency issues - things that should be a semi-transparent grey color turn out black or nontransparent which is annoying. I believe it has something to do with the Alpha channel.
  13. Tester44 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I tried several versions of the C++ redistributable and all had the same issues. I can switch over to Live version and everything works fine. Error happens when I hit play on the Login screen and before the Server Select screen.
  14. Daarmok New Member

I am experiencing the same issues and downloaded various C++ redistributable versions. The error still occurs each time I select "Play" on the login screen.
  15. Lostdata New Member

Windows 7 machine receiving eqgame.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point EventSetInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll.

Windows 10 machine is fine.

EDIT:
    Looks like I was missing a patch on the windows 7 machine:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48636
    Wulfhere likes this.
  16. Shellycoat New Member

I am having the same issue. Can't log in to test. I get the same alerts.
  17. Shellycoat New Member

I tried this, still can't get it to work. It's a shame too with the anniversary events going on. We're going to miss them.
  18. Strat79 Apprentice

19. Daarmok New Member

20. Tester44 New Member