Update: Further Clarification on Recent AA Changes

Discussion in 'Game Update Notes (Live)' started by Accendo, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

it's a bad decision to not refund the aa's...
    it's hours and days invested gone compared to someone that never has to buy them now and can spend those aa's on something else.
  2. Bonemelter Nemesis Enforcer

So, exactly how does the new gift of mana work? Before the change you had to be casting between a level 71 and 75 spell to use the gift of mana proc on a cast of a 71 - 75 spell. Now however, I've noticed casting a level 69 spell will proc gift of mana that will work on a level 75 spell.
    So what's the lowest spell you can now cast to proc a gift of mana that's useable on a level 75 spell?
    And how does it change going forward to 100+?
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Cast a spell...any spell...get a chance for a GoM proc.

That's it. No more level restictions.
    Yinla and minimind like this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Cast a level 65+ spell, proc a GoM that works on any spell up to infinity. It's a significant power increase, ESPECIALLY at the levels that people are clamoring for a refund (TLP's around the 70-85 era). These are the eras where managing your Gift of Mana procs is an important aspect of overall mana conservation in long events.

For live characters at 120 it's still a nice performance improvement, but less likely that players will really benefit as much from micro-managing their GoM procs with lower level spells.

All around awesome change.
    minimind likes this.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This is incorrect. Minimum level is 65.
    Zipe likes this.
  6. Suvi New Member

I think on Live where the meaning of grinding 1aa is “lighter” due to the less time compared to a TLP makes this change sting a bit on TLP. If we don’t get refunded, and I spent 10ths getting those AAs I feel considerably worse than I do on my 50k+ AA live character who gets 5aas a kill during lesson.
  7. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

My assigned AA total is less than it was pre-patch. Could it be that this is a bug and incorrectly giving players the impression that their AAs have decreased?
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

You're right...didn't notice the level restriction.
  9. Alnitak Augur

Thank you, thank you, thank you !
    There is an overflow of AA's as it is, more than I know what to do with. Nobody needs hundreds of extra AA's. I really appreciate your considerations !

And for those who are confused - this is NOT a sarcasm, this is a 100% genuine opinion. My toons are sitting on hundreds of Overseer collectible clickies and can't even do CoV-ToL collections because of AA's and experience being wasted if I do. I click those only at the start of level-bump expansions. Nobody in my position needs any extra AA's.
  10. ordith New Member

It might be fine for you, but for people on TLPs who have to actually spend time to earn AA this hurts a lot. You complain about not liking wasted experience, but that's literally what this is. AA that aren't refunded are wasted experience.
    Varillian likes this.
  11. Brickhaus Augur

The CEO of your company calls a meeting of everyone. In the meeting, he announces that he has enough money and because of that, all of you will no longer be paid for work you do because no one needs any money because he doesn't.

That's basically your argument and it's pretty bad.

You can not be affected by the decision, but it doesn't mean others are not ... or at least feel as if they are not.
    Varillian, PathToEternity and Silvena like this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Wait, you're saying the newplayersget this for free and I had to pay for it 5 years ago? And Im NOT getting a refund???/s
    GrandOpener likes this.
  13. DaciksBB Augur

players sure love having to spend thousands of AAs on fireworks just so that they can log out!
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Bruh u casual!

Hail old friend!
    DaciksBB likes this.
  15. DaciksBB Augur

Hail, everyone knows the real game is on the forums after you've been silver for 3 years running!
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  16. Moak The Most High

even if they refunded aa's due to consolidation I doubt it would help me seeing as I have aa's banked past the cap due to raid achievements- the refunded aa's would simply go poof anywat
  17. Tegila Augur

It's not the same amount of AAS. And the ONLY time someone gets 5aas a kill is when their fs vitality AND lotd is available. I get 1-1.5/kill. I'm out 2-300 aas, not 45. The loss of time/effort is still the same essentially, and if you're on a tlp where AA grinding is still that slow, you now won't ever have to spend those hundreds I did and won't get back. If the ranks were available to you, all of them, even on tlp you were getting similar xp rates(if not better since some servers have an innate boost) to live to get them.
  18. Lamberduim Lorekeeper

Here's a better analogy. You pay 100 dollars for cable. 300 channels and no HD. Your cable company says. Hey you don't gotta pay anymore, it's free for everyone now. Also you get HD and 200 more channels, so it's even better now.

U say. Well give me my money back I paid and nows it's free. Wah wah wah
  19. Incogneato New Member

You buy a 50 disc changer. That night, as you sleep, the company that manufactures "your" 50 disc changer remotely modifies it. When you wake up it's a 25 disc changer.

Would you be be happy about that?
  20. Ozadar Elder

That's a horrible analogy. We're not using AAs constantly to maintain the AA abilities.

In the past, for example, when they collapsed all of the crit damage AAs into single AA lines (so glad they did that), they refunded the AAs so we could buy the new AA line or spend elsewhere. That is all that is asked here.

I have a max AA character on two accounts, so I do not have a dog in this fight. But when you have 12,000 AAs to max (most in your spell foci), several hundred is a big deal.

Ozadar of Zek
    Ascending Dawn