Yelinak is FULL of PLers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Myrrdyn, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Zrae Journeyman

You think they are playing the game lol ignorance is wild here.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Some may not like them, but those power levelers are one of the few things keeping Yelinak functioning. It's letting people come back to the game if they took a break and play on the newest server and catch up to the server.

There aren't enough groups going on that they affect that many people anyways.
    Lanffear, Appren and Xhartor like this.
  3. Cheet Elder

Yelinak is DOA as soon as new servers release. All you see there is the typical rerollers that never play past PoP.
    Lanffear likes this.
  4. Critt Augur

With the sheer amount of zones available and not to mention picks, I can't understand why anyone has an issue with Pl'ers.. is it simple jealousy because they're doing something you can't? It never ceases to amaze me how much people worry about how other people choose to play a game and then think the other person is "toxic" when you are the one making the issue of it lol..
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Blame the lazy people that don't want to level their own characters. If there was no demand there would be no supply.

Same applies to loot right sellers, epic mob campers etc etc.

A robust player driven economy is one thing, but this is just parasitism, wealth is being extracted from the economy never to return.
    Dre. likes this.
  6. Kahna Augur

I can understand it to some extent. I have been annoyed by PLers before. Mostly back when PoI was a big AE spot. I always play gnomes and leveling tinkering is a pain on a good day. Noticeably worse when you can't find anything to kill in PoI and you aren't willing to pay the gougy prices on the bazaar. Sometimes you need a specific thing from a specific area, other times the area they use is one of the good ones for soloing/small group leveling (velks spiders comes to mind). As for picks? The PLers frequently cycle through picks and murder everything in multiple instances. It is frustrating getting chased out of several picks of a solid leveling spot.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  7. filthytlpplayer Elder

On the one hand, some people may consider using these services as lazy, because they aren't investing the time into the character. On the other hand, some people might consider someone playing video games 8 hours/day lazy. Maybe let's just acknowledge that Daybreak creates the demand for these services through a combination of XP rate/unlock pace aimed at maximizing XP pot sales, and let's avoid the finger pointing and pointless blame game. If XP wasn't a scarce resource, there would be no demand.
  8. Lejaun Augur

I agree 100%. That's why I think Yelinak players should embrace the PLers, because it will keep a few more people on the server after a big chunk flee to the new one. Maybe not many, but a few more than if they had to level up to max on their own.
    Lanffear and Appren like this.
  9. Cheet Elder

To what end?
    So it'll die a month later? Come on man!
  10. Lejaun Augur

To what end? To go a bit further and survive a bit longer. It's not that complicated.
  11. Mashef Augur

People think it subtracts players from the LFG pool thus making it harder to group.

What they fail to realize is they wouldn't get to group with the people buying PL anyways because they wouldn't PUG it. Many of us only group with our guild if in a top end guild and/or friends that we know are skilled and have the time / dedication to push hard.

Reality is EXP is painful in EQ.

The player base has more money then time.

The reasonable solution is to reduce exp grinds.
  12. Saiah New Member

Mischief is cluttered with 6-bot groups, PL spam and 6-bots occupying 90% of Ashengate. Its annoying and there is NO WAY they have 6 computers running. Why arent these people banned??!
  13. Wullibear New Member

yeah true that saiah[IMG]
  14. Acooacoo New Member

This forum is so weird with people lying about stuff like this, so they only banned the gold buyer but not the gold seller.... yup totally believable lmao.
    Kaenneth and code-zero like this.
  15. TheStugots Augur

Not really related to the main topic, and just a generalized devil’s advocate question here as I have no dog in this fight, but do you truly and honestly believe there is “NO WAY” people run 6, or even more, computers to play this game? Are you new around here?
    code-zero and ForumBoss like this.
  16. Appren Gnomercy

More likely just a troll, than new? How stupid is it possible to get?
    TheStugots and ForumBoss like this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

It's usually because they struggle to play 1 or 2 at the same time so can't fathom how someone could do 6 without assistance
    TheStugots and Appren like this.
  18. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

I don’t mind the PLers as much as powersellers. The PLers are probably just using an auto click program to spam stun on their enchanters while powersellers (selling in era time loot from 1 person) is definitely abusing automated gameplay on a whole other level than auto click.

If I didn’t like them tho, since I am a 6 boxer, I’d just kill their mobs while they stunned and pulled for me.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

So your issue is that you believe its 1 person boxing all of raids and selling the items?

More likely its multiple people boxing and electing someone to sell items for them.
  20. FinalTidus23 Lorekeeper

It's just one human, tending to his bot groups. You can pay your way to close proximity with him and examine yourself.