Does anyone actually like CH chains? Could there be a better world without them?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Falafel, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Arclyte Augur

I'm surprised people like to play cleric, let alone doing CH rotations
  2. Zansobar Augur

Yes but many of those changes have been to try and get closer to the difficulty that existed in the original game during those expansions. Making the game even easier is not what players that play TLPs want.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

And many weren't done to make the game harder. Click from bags, ooc Regen, xtar, aggro meter, remote Baz to name a few. For every person who yearns for corpse runs and slow Xp is a person who wants triple Xp and no keying. Tlp players are not even close to united in what "they" want.
  4. Lineater Augur

I liked CH rots when I was boxing a cleric on raids. Made it super easy w/ GINA. Hated them as a main though. Staring at a wall and healing in a CH chain is lol terrible. I briefly mained a cleric on Coirnav and that was one of the reasons I left for Mangler. Raiding sucked.

Overall CH was a bad design choice. Clerics become so much more fun to play when CH gets phased out.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

It only lasts a couple expansions. Depending on your gear level you can stop using them in GoD. Omens the latest you will use a cheal chain and thats usually the bad guilds that are struggling. The rest of the game your using lights and even get nukes that heal targets target later on.
  6. Bewts Augur

I ran a main a cleric early on in TLP because my time is valuable and a poorly played cleric just ruins my experience.

Of course, clerics also make it easier to get into any raiding guild because not all people are cut out to be one.

The moment we dropped CH rotations as the primary healing method (sometime in GoD I think), cleric became much more enjoyable as a main.

The thing with 99% of early TLP encounters though, is at least through Luclin the fights are very simply mechanics where the difficulty is primarily scaled up by harder hitting mobs with tons of HP. You would need to re-tune both the class, gear AND encounters to push CH to the side. Not feasible of an ask…
  7. Kahna Augur

Who even starts CHeal rots before Velious? They exist for 4 expansions. Yeah, it covers a period of 9 months, but that's more an issue that LDoY doesn't need to be it's own thing, and should be rolled into PoP.
  8. Loki4567 Lorekeeper

This wonderful world exists. Play past Planes of Power.

A little later on clerics get all kinds of funky abilities. As a matter of fact there's a high population TLP that is *in this era right now* and is relatively friendly to people just starting out, coming back, or starting up. And the current expansion has 1-75 content. Food for thought.
  9. Stune Augur

I play a Cleric and enjoy all types of healing. Probably why i am in the top 1% in the guild. You need to have breaks in raids. Ch chains are very important early on.
  10. brickz Augur

Pressing a cheal macro every 12 seconds is more engaging than most early raid gameplay
  11. Dmitry Elder

You really don't need CH chains in Classic but whiny tanks like them for a few fights. I think kinda last through PoP but seem to not be a thing in GOD.