Test Update 02/07/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Knifen Augur

While on test could a Dev "Test" every NoS equippable item with a clicky effect and see if is working as intended? See if it raises the special AA correctly, casts the buff correctly, rather than waiting for individual posts about individual items.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

If that hasn't already been attempted, then we should just pack up and go home. There's no point to any of this if basic QA procedures aren't going to be done.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Should have been completed before the end of BETA. But that's the quality of EQ now.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

Crazy, still nothing about class balance. Like, nothing at all.
    Metanis, Skuz and Dre. like this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Crazy or smart? ;)
    Cadira likes this.
  6. Cadira Augur

Just keeping up with the status quo at this point, I guess.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Stephen51 Augur

No mention of lifting the cap on Heroic AA's. Can anyone playing on Test advise if it was a stealth fix?
  8. Herf Augur

For the change on clicky item effect levels: does this mean that things like the Enchanter epic will no longer work on low level players?
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The change appears to be when a player can use an item. For example if a click has a required level of 50 on these servers a player would be able to use it at level 40.
    Herf likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

Would be useful if we could get a % for target's pet's name.

So, you could target Bob, who has a pet named Jim, and have a hotkey - "/rs Can someone PLEASE SHRINK %t's pet %q!"
  11. theonepercent Augur

That's been the case since the start of the server. This is something else.
    Herf likes this.
  12. Kalamos Augur

Item click and Heroic AAs still being broken 2 months into an expansion release does not bode well for those looking for any kind of class balance to be honest.
    Metanis, Skuz, Cadira and 1 other person like this.
  13. Captain Video Augur

Certain items have spells attached to them which don't automatically proc, the player has to cast them manually. This is typically done by placing a copy of the item's icon on your hotbar, and clicking that. Some of these cases have use limits, others are infinitely repeatable. The level requirements for the spells are checked separately from the level requirements for the items, if any. They apparently missed this case at server launch, so it's a correction.
  14. MaestroM Augur

Yikes. Almost literally the only version of progression server they've done in the last 10 years that I have no interest in playing on.

It strikes me as odd that they would choose to clone one of the worst preforming progression servers they've ever done, rather than the most successful progression server they've ever done.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Isn't that what I said?
    Rolaque likes this.
  16. Triconx Augur

A level locked server without the max level -10 gimmick would fare much better. It wouldn't really be all that much different than a regular TLP format except for the fact you get all X level's expansions at once.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  17. MaestroM Augur

It would be very different. It wouldn't be a TLP at all. The T in TLP stands for "Time". As in the expansions that you have access to are limited by time. PoK, Gloomingdeep, Crescent Reach, Defiant Gear. That's a completely different game from a classic launch TLP.

I'm not trying to yuck anyone's yum here. If that's what you're looking for then good for you. But its not at all what I'm looking for out of Everquest progression servers and judging by the lack of success of Vaniki, I'm not sure who really is.
  18. Triconx Augur

It would still be time locked in the sense that after a certain amount of time a new level era is unlocked. What are you not understanding?

If they start at 50 locked that's classic. 60 is Kunark Velious Luclin. 65 is POP, LDON, LOY, GOD. And so on and so forth. Why is that so much different? It allows more content sooner so people aren't suffering from boredom. Theoretically it should be a massive hit because it avoids things like the 70 slump people always cry about.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  19. tanith Augur

In addition:
    Can there be a way to target player 'Tom' ? atm if try I get 'tom's familiar' , 'tommy' , 'tomhatesgrass', tomas, etc etc
    Ranor, Lessw, Bernel and 1 other person like this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A lot of the pet focus items aren't focussing the pets on Vaniki, we are getting level 80 focus but the click is not working on level 70 pets.

It maybe happening with other things, but that is the only one I kow of at the moment.