Ditch Overseer and just make exp better

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thanks for the info wasn't sure about that.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Actually what it is differs just like Loyalty Tokens - kind of messed up

Paid get 5
    Free get 3

Silver can be 3 or 5.
    I have one silver that only gets 3 while another one gets 5.

I filed a petition since many other Silver account players were saying they got 5. And GM's response was:

We've received similar reports about this issue from other players, and we've reported it to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I've seen that with other Silver things, too. My account that's Silver was a sub back from before the games went F2P and I get all the Silver-y things (in all the games). Someone who was subbed after the change and then unsubbed doesn't get the same, but I thought Silver was for someone who was formerly All Access (or subbed) then drops it, but that might have changed somewhere in the years. And, looking further, there was a Silver acct you could buy at one time. Is that possibly the difference? The purchased Silver isn't the same as the 'grandfathered' Silver?
  4. Dre. Altoholic

You don't know what you're talking about. It's the way the game was for ~2 decades. A fundamental change like that on an aging playerbase is a terrible idea.
    itzagame_m8s, Velisaris_MS and Iven like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Here is the roadmap on Silver accounts that can be figured out from past info.

Silver was offered for $5 in March 13 2012 (along with Free to play). (Silver is not a reoccurring charge. It is a one time charge of 500SC. You must buy the upgrade as a separate purchase. Spending 500SC in the store on other items does not qualify you for a Silver membership.)
    https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-524220

They stopped Silver sales soon after . At that point any Silver could keep Silver status but no free accounts could upgrade to Silver and Gold would revert to Silver if stopped subscription. Those are grandfathered Silver.

Old accounts that were not active around the same time were sent this email when they reactivated their account and they are also known as Grandfathered Silver:
    On March 16th, EverQuest was converted to a free-to-play game model. As part of that transition your EverQuest account was upgraded to Silver Membership with access to game content through House of Thule.

So that covers the old accounts. Then what happened is over the last few years when players would pay for the subscription with a Krono (no credit cards) the accounts would sometimes revert to Silver when the Krono ran out. Others disagree that this happened but many of us have Silver accounts like that. So this was how Silver accounts were "created" since 2014. One of my newest Silvers I have thru this method is from 2020.

In the last year players have been reporting this no longer is working. Probably in the next few months I will use one of my not so old accounts or start a brand new one and use only Krono on them and see how its doing.
    Rijacki likes this.
  6. Iven Antonius Bayle

That is the only difference I know about. Silver accounts do also have access to five quests just like AllAccess. It is a bonus of 66% (2/3).

Pretty sure the devs had red about that (exploit) in the forums and disabled it. I am looking forward for your result.
  7. Moege Augur

Overseer XP rewards is just that XP reward, does not matter where you slider is it does not affect AA. Effective does not even count it is zero.
    Rijacki, Yinla and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  8. Iven Antonius Bayle

Then I do confuse it with something else that was using the reward window.
  9. Vizier Augur

People are actually defending a half baked idler mechanic that was forced upon the masses due to nerfed exp in the wild? What kind of abuse chain are you people locked into that you think this is an ok thing for a company to do to it's LONG STANDING customers?

If they were to REMOVE the xp rewards from Overseer, restore the exp to the wild mobs and repeatable quests then I would have no problem with the Overseer remaining in the game. Its not like that though, it's the greedy cash grab version. I'm not giving them ONE CENT until the game returns to the game we grew up with in terms of hunting groups for exp.
    Mesc and Iven like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People have been complaining and saying xp has been nerfed long before overseer was released. And as you can do everything in overseer without spending a dime why would they nerf xp for overseer?
    Rijacki and Yinla like this.
  11. Cintile Lorekeeper

I think the point is if it's going to be either or, then many would prefer better exp from hunting mobs. I would be fine with keeping overseer as it is, but there still needs to be better exp from normal grinding. I hate being forced to do partisan quest progression in-order to get reasonable exp.
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

The xp nerf started with ToV in december 2019 when people in the forums complained about that. Four months later Overseer got released which was already in the works since months. A game changing minigame that nobody has asked for. There is definetly a link between those. The idea might had been to use Overseer as a login hook by granting the players login rewards and making them addicted to them. So they replaced a repetitive mechanism (mob grinding) with an even more repetitive mechanism (Overseer). Another ideas behind it might had been to put the focus more on (repetitive) quests and to use Overseer as a quick level catchup mechanism so that they could sell more expansions.

Its is weird and a bad behaviour that the devs never had told us the reasons behind it from their perspective. The management might see their customers as a stupid herd of cattle that has to eat what they do serve.
    Cintile and Vizier like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And as I have stated people have been complaining about xp from mobs before overseer was added into the game. There is no reason to think that overseer was the cause for what mob xp is currently set at.

Again, people complained about xp before ToV.
  14. Iven Antonius Bayle

Well, most players can only do the following Overseer quest combination if they go for Overseer twice a day:
    1. 1x 12h + 1x 6h
    2. "
    3. "
    4. (")
    5. (")
    If they want more exp or more of the other rewards they have to do:
    1. 1x 24h or 2x 12h
    2. "
    3. "
    4. (")
    5. (")
    But for being able doing so they would have to buy Overseer finishers nearly once a day. That for sure is the main reason why my player friendly suggestion of 5-10-20h instead of 6-12-24h never got implemented. The whole minigame has those perfidious cash grab mechanisms that the most players don't notice at all.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that is something they don't have to do, there are many ways to get experience in other ways including the massive amount you get for completing progression. It is possible to finish your overseer quests and get xp from them without spending anything.
    Rijacki likes this.
  16. Iven Antonius Bayle

Sure, but most players are greedy and some have to much cash lying around. The combination of both is Daybreak's success. If Daybreak would be a class it would be an enchanter that is enticing its players.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are trying to claim players are greedy and want more xp but refuse to go out and play the game to earn that xp?
    Rijacki likes this.
  18. Alnitak Augur

And that is the cornerstone of this whole thread: "most players don't notice at all".
    Nobody I play with on Bristlebane is actually using Overseer for experience gains, not on daily basis.
    A standard recommendation is "push through ToV and ToL past lvl 100" and only resort to Overseer experience rewards if (and that is a big IF) one needs to top-off to lvl 120 in a hurry to meet some deadline.
    In fact - experience bonus times are so lucrative that people actually plan ahead for those progressions to enjoy the bonuses. And Overseer is mostly used for collectibles and tradeskill materials accumulation.
    Yes, some people see Overseer as the way to level up, but those are few and far between. Although they are VERY vocal.
    These days groups of members of large casual/family guilds still grind experience in zones like Frontier Mountains (which is a waste of time in my personal opinion), so this whole debate about Overseer vs. Grinding is actually moot - people do both all the time.
    And I also do not know anybody who actually used cash for Overseer except a few occasional "early completion" due to some conflicting RL schedules. Miniscule amount at most, funded by 500 DBC monthly allowances.
    So, this BS about how bad and detrimental Overseer is just gotta stop. It became a pure stream of garbage long ago.
    Rijacki, Yinla and Velisaris_MS like this.
  19. Iven Antonius Bayle

While that could be also the case it could be just a nice extra bonus in addition to other stuff. There are many factors including laziness, limited time to play and the constructed nerf of mob kill exp. Some players might even have no other option anymore.
  20. Iven Antonius Bayle

I don't think that Overseer is a pure stream of garbage. ;)

ROFL
    Nennius likes this.