Confirmed Paludal cavefish, return of sharknado

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Raccoo, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Raccoo Augur

Paludal cavefish in Paludal Depths are bugging out and appearing in two locations (land and water). I was unable to kill them at either place, and they are currently spawn-camping the evac spot in Paludal on Cazic server.

[IMG]
    Svann2, Covennx, Sissruukk and 11 others like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

I took about 40 minutes to kill one of them yesterday. The rogue could only hit with backstabs, and of course shaman pets were good. Everyone else had problems hitting it.

I suppose two years of working on mobs in water wasn't enough time.

Please remove all the cave fish from the zone.
    Sissruukk, gnomeboss and Allayna like this.
  3. Dharken Elder

Another issue with these fish, is they will not properly clear aggro from Extended target window.

I made sure to have no dots, pet was killed off and then used Deaths Effigy, and it still wouldnt leave. Ended up having to relog.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Hopefully this can get attention and added to the quick-fix list.
  5. Twink New Member

The fish in split paw do this still, so doubt it.
  6. Nanan00 Journeyman

Fish have been camping the zone boundaries since the expansion went live, I have died zoning into paludal several times now...
    [IMG]
    minimind and Fenthen like this.
  7. gnomeboss Augur

while i have no way of knowing, i'm going to say the paludal cavefish have all the luck and augs in the raid instance. those dirty-fin stupid-face fish are the biggest problem in luclin (outside of vah shir existing).
    Knifen likes this.
  8. Lianeb Augur

While my sample size is small 1 clearing of paludal. 4 out of the 5 luck and all 3 of the devotees we got were off the fish.
    They didn’t seem to bug out on us as long as we were in the water when we agreed them, the 2 we agreed from land did bug out on us.
  9. gnomeboss Augur

/dislike immensely (but grats on your solid aug pull numbers ~)
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The problem with the weird pathing is not fixed, but what we did was make these fish non-aggro in the base zone so they do not cause issues when you are just passing through. This does not alter the weirdness when you intentionally fight them for parts. For that... fight them in the water! (Yes, water fights are bad and you can still get messy behavior, but that is a different much longer term fix, and as shown by Lianeb, you get "better" behavior. That faction change is an immediate benefit we made for the next patch.)
    Thunderkiks, Eaiana and Fanra like this.
  11. Brickhaus Augur

The faction change will be in the regular Paludal NoS zone and the raid instance or just the regular zone?