All classes/races available, Random Loot, Luclin Start TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cyrics, Jan 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malkavius Augur

Other than epics you haven't stated a single thing that will be missing or broken about either class.
    Crabman and Ragnoruk like this.
  2. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I chime in each time this comes up, so might as well be consistent. As someone who had to wait until GoD to play the class I was actually interested in, please add them to the base game. Having to grind out 70 levels and 500+ AA's in the first week of an expansion launch sucks. Anyone who thinks it's better to not play the class at all before that than not having sky quests should probably be kept away from sharp objects.
    Ragnoruk and Crabman like this.
  3. Name2 Augur

Gotcha, I misunderstood the point you were making. I sort of disagree, I feel like if the race is in the game and the class is in the game the class/race combo should be in the game, just sort of retcon it and be done with it. Would probably eliminate some pointless complexity in the code, seeing as races are pretty much just skins at this point now that there are no exp bonuses, and stats will all be maxed out in short order. It's basically just cosmetics. Maybe that's a good case for putting it on the marketplace though, could offset the need for locking these servers behind subscriptions.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who is making a claim that there is no itemization for those classes as I can say that I have not made that claim at all.

I have been sticking the the same point which is there are things that are not complete and present for those two classes before the expansions that they got introduced in. That and the devs have been working to not introduce things out of era which would be the case for these two classes.

Just because you personally don't have an issue with what would be incomplete doesn't mean that others including the devs will see it the same way.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And they have shown that they are willing to have those classes at launch when they have the expansions unlocked at server launch. Just need to have a server start at the expansion for which you want the classes or races.
  6. Name2 Augur

You could argue that they have been working to include things out of era by adding in the extended target window. By adding in the ability to click items from within bags. Etc. While you may argue that these are core UI features that should be common to the game regardless of expansion, others may feel that those improvements should be inextricably tied to the eras where they were initially introduced, so as not to trivialize mechanics like crowd control, inventory management, etc. It appears rather subjective which out of era content is ok and which is terrible and the worst.

From a lore perspective, I have a hard time understanding why they aren't present in the game then suddenly show up. Sullon Zek was a berserker before Rallos ascended her to demi-god hood and gave her a plane. She's always been in the lore and her ascension pre-dates the time frame in game. Similarly for beastlords, they existed on Odus before the cats got sent to the moon during the civil war. I don't understand how they suddenly all disappeared. Sure, the cats one were in space, but all the other races that trained with them just forgot until the moon showed up again?

The game would make a lot more sense if they were included. I'm tired of people inferring and assuming dev intent. I'm tired of the dev's and CS ignoring these threads. Just someone with some authority (not you Waring) please speak to this topic and say whether or not this is a reasonable ask and likely for inclusion or consideration at some point, whether it be this server in May or a future server down the line.
    Crabman likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Just launch in TSS and everyone can play what they want. :)
    code-zero likes this.
  8. code-zero Augur

What is the motivation for allowing all classes in original? 2 overflow servers instead of only 1?

I've developed the opinion that the vast majority of TLP starters and especially the recyclers aren't going skip a TLP just because 2 classes aren't in game yet.

I've seen nothing to convince me from all the arguments that having 16 classes to choose from rather than just 14 will make any measurable difference
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  9. Name2 Augur

Any time spent playing on the server before rolling your intended main is a sunk cost. Any raid loot you've acquired is basically wasted on a toon that's going to at best be a box. Due to the nature of how TLP players play, you miss out on the opportunity to play the class you want to play at the height of the server's activity. You're constantly playing catch up on XP, especially if you can't/won't devote unhealthy amounts of time to the game, or invest in likely automated, definitely RMT associated PL bot groups. It depends on the guild, but often you are penalized via dkp or bid restrictions for main switching once your class comes out.
    Wyre Wintermute and Crabman like this.
  10. Crabman Augur

If that’s the mind set then why release mischief? Why do anything other than mangler, aradune, yelinak?
  11. Ragnoruk Augur

On it's own, you are probably right. It wouldn't make a big difference. Not the type of difference that a unique ruleset can make.

That said, I don't see any reason the 2 classes shouldn't be available from the start for people that enjoy playing them.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure they have added things that add to the quality of life such as the extended target window but I don't think that adding in classes and having some things locked to from that class until the expansion unlocks isn't a simple quality of life change.

And given how they have added both classes to the game in a recent server with the expansions unlocked it does show they are willing to have them in at launch but not in classic.
  13. Cheet Elder

It wouldn't be difficult at all.

I'm not sure why you're disagreeable about basically everything on this forum. Lighten up! It's a game
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This has never been about the ability to unlock those classes in classic but the issues that doing so would cause.
  15. Crabman Augur

You're right, and it would be a great quality of life change to be able to play all the classes in classic.
    Cheet and ISmellLikeInnySwamp like this.
  16. Court Elder

Unless you’re the one dealing with these issues, maybe stop being a negative Nancy about it and let the rest of us dream, eh?

Or maybe don’t and just keep saying the same argument over and over again so this thread gets more replies and views so the devs will take notice.
  17. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I'm worried that the developers are bored with their current positions. Mischief only gave them a small challenge, while Vaniki made them feel alive again. I can only imagine that at least a few programmers are begging JChan to let their programming skills be free. A beastlord & berserker classic start TLP would certainly give these programmers wings.

We certainly cannot forget about the community workers. You can't have community jobs without community complainers on the forums. We have to have this TLP idea implemented in May now.

I cannot decide if I should box a Shaman along with a Berserker OR a Druid/Cleric with a Beastlord in Classic. I have four months to decide still.
  18. Crabman Augur

Zerker main with Beastlord box. Its perfect!
    Skuz likes this.
  19. code-zero Augur

Listen, it can't be both easy to do but a challenge for the devs at the same time. It's not out of the realm of possibility that there could be a Kunark opening, all classes, PvP server but it seems unlikely and if you're honest you would have to admit that an all class server with some other quirkiness released along side a Phinny clone would likely fair poorly
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  20. Vlahkmaak Augur

Agreed; I have never completed an epic but still play on the TLPs. I'd really like to box a BST on TLP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.