All classes/races available, Random Loot, Luclin Start TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cyrics, Jan 16, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FranktheBank Augur

Darkpaw doesn't seem to give any care about balance and even less so about early TLP balance. So let them have their class, then they can join all of us in clamoring for balance.

I agree that there should just be one thread. It doesn't make the idea bad or impossible to happen. That isn't the argument you chose, stop shifting goal posts now.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

My argument is the same as it always has been, that there are balance issues and part of the class being incomplete if they are launched without the associated expansion. Just asking now how many threads do we need on this same subject every month.

Just because the game has balance issues doesn't mean that the devs want to introduce more of them by adding out of era content.
  3. Court Elder

When the devs decide to post that these ideas aren’t possible or even being considered, then maybe the subject would be dropped. Until then, it’ll still keep going.
    Skuz and Crabman like this.
  4. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

You have spammed the same argument countless times throughout this thread. We understood your feelings at page one. You're worried about class balance. We're not worried about class balance. Stalemate. Only a developer can break this tie.

You derail so many threads that I avoid replying in a lot of them.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Enuen Journeyman

Yes, all classes should be available at start. Unfortunately, the associated trainers and equipment/spell vendors are hard-coded to their appropriate expansion and will not be available for those classes. Those classes can level but cannot buy spells, cannot train skills, etc., until their expansion opens.

Hilarity will surely ensue. I fully endorse this awesome idea.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And people have spammed the same arguments as to why they need those classes available out of era. Pointing out that there are issues with an idea is not derailing the thread and just because you don't care about balance doesn't mean that others including the devs feel the same way as you.
  7. Arclyte Augur

this guy is gonna have a whole omelette on his face when bst/ber are in on a TLP launch
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have been included in a TLP launch when the expansion that they came with was also unlocked.
  9. Crabman Augur

They added 4 spell research merchants in every city for progression servers, I dont think its beyond their capabilities to add 7 or so gms and vendors across the various cities needed.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

And when the devs start caring about balance, you'll have an argument.

For the record, you have absolutely no idea how the classes will function. Take the idea a step farther... what if they are worse than monks? Well then they join the ranks of every class in classic lol. What if they are better than monks? Then they'll just be super popular lol
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because you don't think they care about class balance doesn't mean that they want to put in a class that has parts missing and is not balanced for that part of the game.
  12. Court Elder

It also doesn’t mean that they won’t want to either.
  13. Malkavius Augur

I want to know why the idea of both BST and BER is even contentious in the first place. Like who does it really hurt or bother if they are added? This isn't p99 where TLPs are trying to be as classic as possible, and the people arguing against it seem to just argue for the sake of arguing. Saying the devs don 't have the time or resources is weird mmo jango that no one who isn't actually working there knows. Same things were said about WoW at times even though they had literally all the money and staff to blow rainbow bubble farts out of a unicorns butt emote if they wanted to.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The fact that they have released all classes by changing the starting point of servers indicates to me at least that they are willing to launch a server with them but not in classic.

The devs still try to be true to the original timeline expansion wise and it has been pointed out that there will be incomplete parts of those classes as well as balance issues. There is no reason to release classes that will have incomplete parts and add more balance issues to the game at that point when they are not even in era.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Psalmz Elder

I don't think the idea is contentious at all. But I do not believe it will happen. Allowing the additional classes to start without their epics and itemization would just trigger a wave of complaining about it.
    Rijacki and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  16. Ragnoruk Augur

I don't think having the option to choose a Beastlord or Berserker from the start would trigger a "wave" of complaints. Anyone choosing to play one of these classes would know that is the case before the server even started.

Sure, they may get a few complaints from people who don't take the time to read the server rules but that could happen with any ruleset.

There are a lot of people that would choose to play their favorite class from the start rather than rerolling 4-6 expansions into the game, even if they can't have their epics in Kunark.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

People complain about not getting what they want even if it is spelled out in the server rules. Take a look at complaints about Agnarr being locked to PoP and they should move to a later expansion. Or Aradune should relax the true box rule and allow people to box an entire group. Just because something is spelled out in the rules doesn't mean that people playing on the server won't be complaining about it.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Ragnoruk Augur

That may be true but nothing is going to stop that regardless of the ruleset. It's not a problem unique to a server where classes are available earlier than normal.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that doesn't mean that the devs would be fine with creating a server with a known problem that people will complain about.
  20. Ragnoruk Augur

So you acknowledge that they receive complaints no matter what they do. I read complaints on the forums because Yelinak was a traditional TLP and some wanted a different ruleset.

Complaints are from the minority & will happen no matter what they do. Not a valid reason not to try something new.
    Skuz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.