Pet Taunt

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by pumpkin, Jan 15, 2023.

1. pumpkin New Member

Pet is only taunting once per fight. If I cast a servant, it will taunt several times until the servant is gone. If I cast servants/many it will keep taunting until it reaches an aggro level then it won't taunt any more.
  2. pumpkin New Member

This has been happening since yesterday
  3. Crystilla Augur

This has been happening to my magician husband since Friday (1/13) or Saturday (1/14) as well. He did the usual tests (camping out fully, making new pet, trying different pets aka earth/water, etc.).

We did narrow it down that if there is an actual tank in the group (merc tank or player tank), the mage pet will keep taunting but if the pet is the tank, it taunts once and then never again. If my husband casts his servants, it will taunt a few times but then stops entirely and it doesn't matter how many times during the fight more servants are cast, no more taunts happen.
  4. SteamFox Augur

If there is no real tank, no merc tank and no servants fighting for aggro is the pet just top on the aggro list and hence feels taunt is not needed? Or are you pulling aggro off the pet and he won't taunt it back off you?
    Svann2 likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

My mage's pet is taunting all the time.
    /flex
  6. Crystilla Augur

It looks like this fixed itself as of Wednesday (patch?), but the 2nd. Real players were getting summoned as they got higher aggro than the pet and the pet wouldn't taunt it back off.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Where? In the missions the mobs are flagged to ignore pet aggro if a player is in melee range. There was a thread recently posted, initial aggro on plants is lower than on other mob types so you have to let the pet build aggro before blasting, and there are a lot of plant types in NoS.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think in door mission there is also an agro wipe. Ive got summoned in several times when not expecting it. Not a big deal though so long as you notice in time and run back out. Could be a problem if you have more than a 2 box.
  9. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

I wonder if this was the reason my mage got summoned and died last week on darklight mission. Everyone in the group was unable to come up with a reson why it happened.
  10. Crystilla Augur

Not that it matters since this was first posted a couple weeks ago and I already said this was fixed for my husband [was broke for just under a week]. But we've been chaining the cloak/Shadowhaven mission daily (sometimes up to 3x) since the expansion released and never had an issue until when the other person started this thread. We have no one in aggro range as we run a cleric (me), mage (husband), enchanter (my 2nd account) and ranger (hubby's 2nd account) team with a caster merc and healer merc.

But the pet taunting no longer happening was new. Thankfully it's all working for hubby now.