Maybe Lock the next progression to GoD, OoW or TSS?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Berkwin, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Triconx Augur

What is the point of this post besides text diahhera?
    Skuz and Crabman like this.
  2. coltongrundy Augur

I can't see another expansion locked server happening. OOW would be a terrible expansion to lock on, The only thing there is to do in OOW after the 1st month is 1 weekly raid zone to kill 6 targets. On Agnarr you got Time with phase 1, phase 2, phase 3, 8 gods, and quarm, plus LDoN raids to do. There's plenty of content during PoP/LDoN. But in OOW all older content is obsolete. You might maaaaaaybe do tacvi just for weapon augs, and 6 targets in anguish and then there's absolutely nothing at all to do after you're 2.0's are done.

GoD would be a much better place to lock a server than OOW, but since that's only 1 expansion past Agnarr, I really don't see that happening. And anything later than OOW is just a dead server.
  3. Shakara Augur

I would say Mirigul was a bust because it started people at lvl 85. Starting at lvl 1 is important.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nope.
    There was quite a lot of interest around Miragul initially, and Truebox killed almost all of it
  5. Xeris Augur

Having just gone through this on Vaniki I'm not sure I understand the argument that everything is irrelevant pre oow.

On Agnarr, there's literally 0 reason to use a guild raid time on anything outside potime and ldon. There's also no group or mini raid content that's relevant to do for current era/geared players.

In oow Tacvi is still fairly relevant. You also have epic 2.0's which add group and raid content. You also have mpg group trials for group content or more casual players. More casual non raiders can also go after goat armor so there's a decent amount to do as a non raider and raider alike.

On Agnarr there's really nothing of real power a non raider can acquire.

Anyhow, point is, I actually think oow lock offers MORE content for people to do endlessly than Agnarr currently does.
    Dre. likes this.
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Truebox is the worst part of every non-truebox TLP tho
    Joules_Bianchi and Stune like this.
  7. coltongrundy Augur

That's literally what I said lol except i named the specific things that are relevant in tacvi (weapon damage augs)
  8. Mrjon3s Augur

People really need to experience the game after TSS. Its actually fun again and not just raid logging once you get to SoF+.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Pretty much every TLP I've been on has largely gone bust at Underfoot. Underfoot is overrtuned in era and is a perpetual guild killer. TLP attendance drops massively at this point and sadly, VoA is not popular either. It is difficult to maintain raid guilds beyond these 2 expansions.
    itzagame_m8s likes this.
  10. Shism .

If another locked server is being considered my vote is for a DoN lock. I feel like OOW/DoN fit well with the PoP/Ldon model that works well on Agnarr. DoN would be the new Ldon so to speak and wouldn't make Anguish obsolete.

Also being capped there would still keep Tacvi, PoTime and VT relevant for clickies. While adding DoN progression, BiC quest, 2.0's and more augs to fine tune "a build" to anyone's liking.
    Jimmy2times, itzagame_m8s and Faydra like this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Locked server is a failed concept. People begged for it, said this would be the most populated server ever and they would create 100 characters on 1000 different accounts. And then shortly after it hit the lock, it was, OMG please push out Gates so we have something to do.

No matter where you lock it, people will come begging for them to push one more expansion.
  12. Xeris Augur

Not accurate at all, lol. Agnarr has a solid and slowly growing population. I think server is pretty much 50/50 split about whether they'd want a god or oow lock. I would certainly play on one, but otherwise I'm never leaving Agnarr.

Locked servers are superior.
  13. itzagame_m8s Journeyman

Obviously, you do not play on Agnarr.
    Dre. and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  14. itzagame_m8s Journeyman

I like the DoN vendors too.
  15. Arclyte Augur

Lock the next server to Classic

Server name: The Torture Rack
  16. Ishbu Augur

Doesnt really matter where they play, they are correct.

This thread is literally proof that people will always ask to push one more expansion. There is already Agnarr that is PoP locked but here we are reading a multipage thread asking to lock at Omens or there about.

Agnarr is not a high population server, its a low one so it didnt create some massive draw that created a larger than normal population. People love to say how the server is growing, but its not, its much much lower population than when they first hit LDoN and reached the lock.
  17. Xeris Augur

It's a dumb argument to say that Agnarr isn't successful because it's a low pop server or that it has less players than when LDON unlocked. Obviously it doesn't have as many players as it did 4 years ago, nobody is claiming that.

It IS growing. If you played on the server you'd see it. In the past year, Agnarr ADDED a 4th raiding guild. That doesn't happen on TLPs that are 6 years old. And it's not that a new guild formed from existing guilds, the guild came almost entirely from new and returning players
    itzagame_m8s likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They also launched at the wrong time, and didn't market it at those who would have joined it. Not being able to transfer off was also another issue.

It would have been ideal as a server to start over for those who had quit in the last few years.

If they do a TSS server I hope they sent an email out to all inactive account holders to let them know there is a server they level up in without having to wait years to get out of the basic game.
    itzagame_m8s and Skuz like this.
  19. Shism .

This post is called "maybe lock the NEXT progression to..." Key word here being NEXT. This isn't the Agnarr community asking for another expansion. People are mainly floating ideas of what they think a cool lock would be. Not sure how this devolved into a.. Is Agnarr considered successful years after it's lock? or Are locked servers trash? kinda post.
    itzagame_m8s likes this.
  20. coltongrundy Augur

You would go crawling back to Agnarr so fast if there was an oow lock server. It is the most boring time on every TLP. They spent all their dev time on making TWO epic quests for every single class, they didn't have time to put anything else into the expansion.