Test Update 01/10/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yeah. This is a good thing to fix but NOT the right thing to do - keeping it quiet and not saying something in the patch notes.
    Fanra likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

When my bard does Close the Door mission (one with the cloak), it sings some level 70-80ish song on the rock mobs and it banes them in one shot. Does this change mean that I can no longer use the spell, or that it is going to take two ticks of the song in order to bane the rock mob?
  3. Swiss Augur

Aria of Absolution works and wasn't listed. Also I think they mean lowering the level to learn the spells.
    Svann2 likes this.
  4. Angahran Augur

Really ? So nerfed ?

These really need many more spawns or set the pick to 6 players.
    Everyone needs to do these quests over and over ad nauseum and currently the entire zone can be locked down by a single group.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Why? You can get the tasks for every player then go into the mission where there are many more spirits. Rinse / repeat and zero competition from other players.

Unless they took that away? Then I can see people complain.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

- Teleport items available from Heritage Crates now have recast times of 30 minutes.

Just, why???

Players spent $100.00's (hundreds!!) on crates and now you nerf the reward?

Literally set up plots for these and now you nerf it?

Plots I see with teleport items must have cost $1000 +

...now you do this to them (us)?

SURE hope this does not go live!
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They currently have a 20 hour recast timer so this is not a nerf by any measure but making them more easily used by players.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=138355
    klanderso, Ozon, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Those clickies, when used from inventory, currently have a 20 hour cooldown. Changing it to only 30 min is the opposite of a nerf. It's even faster than Throne and the anchor clickies.
    Knifen, Ozon, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

Removed XP completely. You can get these in the mission instance though so no need to be in static zone.
    alanus likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

Does the mission respawn ?
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

No but you can drop mission and get another, just so long as you havent completed the mission itself. And before anyone says Ni - Im 99.9% sure they said thats ok as long as you arent getting chest loot over and over.
    alanus likes this.
  12. Wilf101 New Member

You also get somewhere between 9 and 15 mobs in each mission - and with one drop per player per kill with the task in the group that's good potential to get this done quick. Can also use the x2 faction potion to make it somewhere in the region of 66 drops to get all the faction required to complete.
  13. Angahran Augur

Now, if only this would also work for TS containers.
    Velisaris_MS and Gloomfall like this.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

15. Moldison New Member

I couldn't find a feedback forum and /feedback just sent me to the forum landing page, so sorry if this is the wrong spot. I have some feedback for the sort order of overseers: can the sort order be modified so that lower rarities come before higher rarity overseers? I.e., if a common overseer would give the same percentage gain as an uncommon or rare overseer, the lower ranked overseer would come first in the sort. Assigning uncommon/rare/elite overseers to tasks that just require a level one job level wastes that overseer for other potential quests. That would make the new auto-assign feature a lot more useful.
  16. Bernel Augur

While I agree with you and would like that change, I kind of think it's overall better to have auto-assign be imperfect. Overseer already gives a big chunk of XP for not much effort. Auto-assign helps things out, but it may not do things in the optimum way. That seems like a good tradeoff. If someone wants max Overseer success, they can do a bit of extra work to assign the agents themselves or scroll through the list after auto-assign and change up what they want. I certainly wouldn't complain if they optimized auto-assign, but I'd be okay if they left it as is as well.
  17. Spacemonkey555 Augur

If they include a penalty for using autofill it should be declared in game during usage. Secret penalties for using things as intended is a trash concept.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What penalty for using it? They just assign slots based on the same way that they show them to players when they are manually assigned and they pick the best one for each slot. When it comes to conversion that is based on quantity of the agent in question with more being better.
  19. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Using an elite that gives 6% vs using say an uncommon in the same slot that also gives 6%. Prevents you from using the elite in the next mission where it may be the only option.

If they're too lazy to recode it fine, but I was responding to the idea of purposefully leaving it in as a hidden penalty for not doing overseer manually.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Autofill isn't supposed to give you perfect results but rather let you fill and start your missions quickly. It also isn't able to predict which missions you are going to choose next. If you want to chose the most optimal choices you will need to do that yourself as this is just helping those who pick the choices made by the game.
    Nennius and Wyre Wintermute like this.