Extra Life 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Abbydog Journeyman

The community rewards made for one of the best events of the year. Highly encourage DPG to do more of this kind of thing.
    Skewert, CrazyLarth, Herf and 4 others like this.
  2. Morrigan Bowjobs

Wish they at least sent out codes to people who donated before Extra Life day. I may have been able o donate sooner if i knew the cutoff date was 4 days sooner >__<
  3. Kinlin Lorekeeper

When did you choose the date of Oct 31st? I don't see that cutoff date anywhere in the original post. A lot of people were under the impression that Nov 7 was the cutoff date when you said you would be tallying up everything. You said in one of your earlier posts "We are working with Extra Life directly to make sure everyone will get their rewards. After game day, we will provide keys to the Extra Life organization for them to distribute directly to the donors through their e-mail address. Then in January we'll do a catch-up distribution for any additional donations that come through after our pull and before the end of the year." January Distribution is for those who donated after your "pull" which was Nov 7th. Will you guy please consider sending out the rewards for all those that donated before the "pull" date, since those donations were used to tally up how big of a bonus we would be getting?

Thank you.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would guess it was extra life chose that date based on the numbers they saw in donations by date. Daybreak is not the one sending out the codes and it is unlikely they have any say in when the emails get sent out.
  5. Morrigan Bowjobs

Any ETA when next round of keys will be going out? Missed the deadline that wasn't specified previously by 3 days and would hope I can use mount & ornaments in a timely manner.
  6. Beardsy Elder

Was I too late to get a mount if I only donated after Christmas? Hopefully I can still get one :p
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have stated that any donations after the first cutoff would be granted after the new year.
    Skewert likes this.
  8. Beardsy Elder

Ahh, sweet! Thanks for the answer =)
  9. Osteo.Bonegirl Journeyman

Still not seeing Majestic Mallard Mount in my claims screen. Was there a stated delivery time decided on at some point?
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You will receive an email with a list of claim codes to redeem, once you do that you will see the mount in your claim list. As far as I am aware they have not done the second round of emails yet and that was stated it would happen after the new year.
  11. Morrigan Bowjobs

Well, it's officially 2023! Is there any ETA on the next round of claim codes?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is a major holiday and a Sunday as well meaning you are not going to hear anything until Tuesday at the earliest since Monday will be when they observe New Years. However I would not expect anything until later as we are waiting on Extra Life to send the codes and that is out of Daybreaks control and Daybreak is not the only company they are working with to provide rewards.
    Silvena likes this.
  13. Lotolag New Member

I've also still not received my mounts... donated $100 each under my Ranger's and my Shaman's accounts... no /claim available, no emails since the initial "thanks for your donation" emails on November 3rd. Can Daybreak give some sort of update on this?
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Only donators who sent their donations up to October 31st have received their codes. There will be another code send-out soon for those who donated after then, although we do not have an exact date at this time.
  15. Treebeard New Member

For my part, I understand the 10/31 cutoff, although I think it was not clear at all when this was kicked off. And being a parent myself, I was more than happy to support this, ended up with $300.00 in donations. So, from a life standpoint, I'm good. However, we are into 2023 and I've yet to see a single code, and I did decide to donate via this route because I've been playing off and on since original launch. Typically I donate via other methods to my preferred recipients...I prefer all volunteer organizations where my money is going directly to those that need it. Arnold Palmer is one of the better, but not the best. But it made sense to me.

From my standpoint, they can take as long as they need, won't lose sleep if I never get a code. But this does make me question supporting another drive like this one. Having done some work along these lines myself, I am well aware of how chaotic it can be. But I also understand how vital communication and fostering goodwill with the community that supports your charity is, it's perhaps the single most important thing that needs to be focused on if you want to ring that bell again in the future.
  16. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

We were overwhelmed by the giving nature of our players last year to say the very least. We were not expecting such generosity in such great numbers for sure. This was our first year offering the incentives we offered and for sure the first year of fundraising so much for such a great charity! We truly had no choice but to break down the send-outs in a few waves due to the sheer number of people who donated and fundraised with us!

We will do better and be much more prepared this year for sure. We appreciate every cent that every player, staff and friend donated to this worthy charity and appreciate all the patience afforded to us as we work to ensure every person gets their code and well-deserved incentive.
    adetia likes this.
  17. Treebeard New Member

18. Treebeard New Member

Thank you Angeliana, and you know, you're right. This community did appear to far exceed expectations, so I now officially feel chastened. This was wonderful effort overall, and I don't mean to detract from that in any way. Just a grumpy old dude looking to fly a duck, don't mind me :).
  19. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Bad news, it doesnt fly
  20. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

hahaha I did not mean for you to feel that way at all! I truly meant for it to be a feel good post about how amazing and generous our player base is! (Also, I do not blame you, the Mallard Mount is great isn't it? Even if it doesn't fly.)