[Feedback] Nos Raid: Pit Fight - Too Many HP's Still.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cadira, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Cadira Augur

Still entirely too many hp to burn through on this fight for no good reason.

Cut the number of adds that spawn from % based damage on bosses in half or cut their hp in half, lower hp of bosses, something.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

3. Cadira Augur

What is the question?
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Eilelyen Journeyman

Raids easy as is, no reason to change anything. Would make it boring....
    alanus and Cicelee like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Every raid event should last between 5-10 minutes so that every raid guild can just raid Sunday night and have the rest of the week off. Lower all hit points across all events to make sure no event lasts longer than 10 minutes!
  6. sieger Augur

I was a big advocate of reducing some of the high HP of certain ToL bosses, particularly because ToL lacked some of the really fast raid events we had in CoV (I think it's good for 1-2 events to be fast burns every year), and I have particular concerns about guilds that don't stack high DPS, or open server raid teams etc slogging through really high HP content. Particularly if that high HP content simply elongates the tedium of a fight vs makes it meaningfully more difficult or interesting.

All that being said...Pit Fight does not seem to be one of those fights, at least from my experience. If we want to tweak HP of anything in Tier 1 to my mind it wouldn't be this fight, I think it feels pretty fine as is for Tier 1 content.
    TsiawdMS likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because raids have high HP and take longer to complete doesn't make them more interesting or less boring. There are better ways to accomplish the goal of making things more interesting then just adding HP and making them take longer.
    Snazster, Fenthen and Cadira like this.
  8. Cadira Augur

If I'm not mistaken, this has more HP than any other raid in NoS though?
  9. Marton Augur

Wasn't there some adjustment planned for January patch? Completely guessing, I think I heard something somewhere but I'm probably wrong.
  10. sieger Augur

Possibly, I would have to look over logs from beta, I didn't perceive it as the highest HP--but I'm a CLR, I'm usually just spamming a multibind and pounding beers during raids.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

You may be thinking of Shadeweaver trash.
  12. Kalamos Augur

Lol. I play a Mage and do the exact same thing, including the pounding beers part.
  13. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

At least the number of adds spawning gives the tanks something to do. As other people indicated, I think this is a solid raid for t1. At the time of this writing 19 guilds have beaten this event in the last 48 hours.
  14. Marton Augur

Veiled attempt to recruit more clerics for his guild :)!
    Svann2 likes this.
  15. Cadira Augur

Weird, everyone on beta had an issue with hp count and now it's magically ok! Lol.

I have no other personal issues with event mechanics, mob strength, aes, etc. It's just a lot to pound through for no reason imo.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Only complaint I have is not being able to move around in the instance without it starting up.
    Yinla, alanus, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Server not responding caused a double post.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

Definitely a lack of sensible raid-start mechanisms needs to be addressed. Accidentally starting Zel & Doomshade because you hailed yourself or a buddy shouldn't be a real thing.
  19. sieger Augur

Well initially in beta many of the events had massively higher HP totals that were revised down later in beta testing.
    Cadira likes this.
  20. Cadira Augur

True but they were in reference to even after the tone-down.

There's just adds adds and more adds during the boss phase totalling an abundance of unnecessary HP that doesn't make the event anymore challenging or unique. Just hp to work through for the sake of it.
    Fenthen likes this.