Please change 2 true-box limit to 6 true-box limit on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jalarm, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Xeris Augur

Let's be real, there's literally nothing stopping you from 6 boxing on Aradune if you want to. When I played in classic-Luclin, I 4 boxed there. It's not like there's some force field stopping you from firing up a 3rd computer over there.
  2. Ishbu Augur

Im not sure if you are intentionally missing the point or just unable to think this through, but I will try and spell it out.

I did not ask what the difference between a 2box and 2 mercs and a 4box and 2 mercs is. We are all hopefully able to understand the difference between 4 and 6 I hope.

What I asked is for an explanation as to the difference between someone 2boxing and then using 2 mercs and someone 4 boxing. You, along with others have vehemently argued against anyone being able to box more than 2 characters for months now, months that have gone by while mercs are not in the game, yet I see no such opposition to mercs being added in the near future.

So again, I will ask for clarification as to what is so different between a person playing 4 characters or a person playing 2 characters and using 2 mercs?
  3. Ishbu Augur

There actually is something stopping people. They allowed other players to weaponize the petition system and only in the last couple of expansions have decided to take real action, thus why these threads started popping up in August, but hadnt for the previous 2 years.
  4. Captain Video Augur

They have cracked down on this since GoD, once the Krono farmers were gone and it was easier for them to spot the other players. It does seem like double standard enforcement, and I'm not going to defend the company's practices in that regard, it was what it was. It's unwise to tell players that anything goes now, because that simply isn't true. The complaints about weaponized petitions are coming from self-avowed breakers of the rule, quite a few of whom have already been suspended.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  5. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I have, on multiple occasions, complained about the weaponized nature of their reporting system in regards to violation of the 2-box limit. I have never been suspended or so much as had a warning on either of my accounts. Nor do I violate any rules. Your assumption that only people who actively violate the rules would complain about a reporting system being abused is not only patently false but downright silly. Some people, like myself, want rules to be enforced in a fair and even distribution, even if we have never violated and don't plan to ever violate said rule, and even if we don't agree with said rule.

What I am wondering is, why people who no longer play on Aradune don't have anything better to do with their time than to lurk on the forums waiting for a chance to post on something that no longer concerns them? Find a hobby or something. If a person no longer plays on Aradune, at this point they are just posting to get a rise out of people, or to somehow feel superior in thinking they are on the right side of this discussion. Its sad, quite frankly.

I don't play on any other TLP server other than Aradune, and it wouldn't even occur to me to post in a thread about something on Mangler or Mischief unless it would directly effect Aradune in some way. I have no interest or skin in the game for those servers, so I really have no right to add to the conversation one way or the other. Plus I have better things to do with my time than fight with some forum warriors over policies or situations that I will never be a part of.

As I have said before, I feel like this is a dead horse and we ought to be talking about other things. I don't know if they will ever raise the 2-box limit on Aradune, and I don't care anymore. It does not directly effect my gameplay, only the gameplay of others on the server I play on. I would be more interested in them having a more precise process in place for when people are reported to prevent the report system from being used in a malicious manner.
    Yaldiien likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure that is relevant in a thread asking for the limit to be increased to 6.
  7. 3rdconix Elder

Except it is because it's a compromise that keeps the solitary unique rule of Aradune intact. Not that hard to understand its relevance to the conversation
  8. 3rdconix Elder

2 additional boxes provides way more than 2 garbage mercs lol. Even an afk melody bard clicking the basic 2.0 QT FE and Dirge will pay more dividends than an extra dps merc
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Still not sure how letting players box on a single computer is relevant to a thread asking for people to be able to box a whole group. Being limited to 2 characters will prevent you from getting a full group even with mercs. I do think that it is worthy of a thread and trying to request it here will just get lost in the noise.
  10. Captain Video Augur

This kind of personal attack is not only against forum rules, but it is now the standard fallback whenever someone's original argument has failed and there's nothing else left to say.

I did play on Aradune until quite recently. This thread is months old, and I have made previous posts in it when I was still an active player there. I gave up on the server after my original guild there broke up, and I could not find a suitable replacement because guild management on that server is quite dysfunctional, IMHO. I have posted on that subject before. I still actively play on other servers, including both a TLP and a Live server. It is every player's right to change servers if they so choose, and I think the majority of readers are OK with my explaining why I did that and what problems I saw on Aradune that prompted me to switch. If you object, deal with it.

You can flame as many people as you want and yet the fact remains that the rule isn't going to change, it's there for the life of the server. If they did change it, there would be a substantial backlash which would hurt the company's credibility and do long-term damage to the game.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  11. 3rdconix Elder

Already explained it. Learn to think critically or don't ask. It's called a counter position or compromise to a discussion about changing the boxing rule on the server. How does that not pertain to the general overall discussion of this thread? Are your neurons firing today?

Aradune's solitary unique rule is the box limit. The compromise is to keep it limited while making boxing a little more efficient. Get it? Good. Move along. You don't even play on the server
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I still don't see how a request to remove true box and keep the 2 character limit applies to a thread asking for the limit to be increased to 6 characters. I am making no statement on the 2 character limit just that what you are asking for is unrelated to this thread. For the people who are asking for the limit to be increased to 6 characters the idea of removing the true box rules and letting them play two on the same character isn't a compromise as it doesn't remotely address the issue they are talking about. If you want to make boxing easier by removing the need to have multiple machines that sounds like a good request to make on its own and not try to drag into a thread asking for something completely different.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Perhaps the limit of 2 was to still encourage grouping while making solo play somewhat doable. Seems to be that 2 hits that sweet spot.

Also gotta remember that for each person agreeing with you there are probably as many who would come on the forums and scream blue bloody murder if the change was made. But you never know.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If only they had a Dislike button. Of a ruleset change geared towards increasing the boxing limit is a ME thing. It can't really be anything else when its all about a rule so players can play without anyone else so they can get all the loot then sell it for RL cash. Of course that is a ME thing. Now do the majority of players on your server fit into the ME category I can't answer that.
  15. 3rdconix Elder

Because you seem to not understand much.

Changing the rule isn't happening. I'm providing a plausible compromise. Please just stop posting. It's embarrassing to read
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How exactly is letting someone play two characters from one computer instead of two a compromise to allowing them to play more than two characters? It seems to be what you want with no consideration to what the people asking to play more than two characters want.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  17. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Did I specifically mention you anywhere in my statement? I'm not sure how you would take this as a personal attack unless you were looking to play the victim. If I openly question the reasons of people who like ham sandwiches, but never mention you by name, just because you happen to like ham sandwiches it does not make it a personal attack on you. You are not the only person posting in this thread who no longer/has never played on Aradune. If generalized statements are to be considered personal attacks, we might as well close the forums.

The first paragraph of my last post was the only part of that post directed specifically at you. I quoted you making a statement, and I responded directly under that. Should I take your statement about "The complaints about weaponized petitions are coming from self-avowed breakers of the rule" as a personal attack since I have complained about that, yet have never broken the rule in question?

I have zero desire to argue with you as I have more important things to do on these forums. I want to make the game better for all who play it, specifically on TLP, and I have a pretty good track record in that regard. I consider the 2-box rule an abject failure. Not because the idea is flawed, which it is, but because the implementation and enforcement of the rule is spotty at best.

We do agree on at least one thing: This rule will probably never change. I feel that is a mistake, but I am not going to waste any more of my time fighting for a lost cause. I plan to direct my focus elsewhere and continue to strive to make little changes on TLP to make the TLP experience better as a whole, for everyone, not just a select few.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Even if you don't mention someone by name if you are directly replying to someone it doesn't take much of a leap to infer that you are talking about them.
  19. Captain Video Augur

We do not agree on anything. You can claim to speak for the everyman, and that's fine, but you do not speak for me.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

So you think the rule will change?