Rare mob spawn rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozon, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Ozon Augur

I understand that if the normal spawn rate is low (1%) then 1.5% isn't going to make a huge difference. That being said it still seems abnormally low regarding NoS named, in all zones. Guild has a hunters raid going and it's not unusual for groups to go 4-6 hours without a single named. Has anyone else had this experience?
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Not unusual for T3 zones, yes. I cleared 2 T2 zones in a day.
  3. MmmmBop Wise Troll

In my limited experience after about 9 hours of keeping ph's down in various camps and having only spawned two named, I would say that spawn rates are significantly worse than in the past. This is during bonus spawn rate too.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Just got the last 3 named mobs I need from Firefall in the last half hour. Looks like all that spawning luck is being funneled to me. Thanks everyone.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Tatanka like this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There are only T1 and T2 zones...

That said, there seem to be a couple named that the spawn rate isn't quite right on. Multiple people cleared all the PH's for Fowl Matriach and Shak Dathor Overlord for a very long time before they spawned. The other named in NoS all spawned in a reasonable time.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

What zones are T3? EQR only shows T1 and T2.

Anyway, I thought the ideal was average 72 minutes spawn if you keep all ph's down. With +50% that would be average 48 minute spawn.
    Yinla and MmmmBop like this.
  7. Kalamos Augur

All know for sure is Wiggle can go die in a fire.
    Arcolin and Nennius like this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Svann2 likes this.
  9. Windance Augur

Wiggle was one of the only ones that spawned fairly often for me.
  10. Deandy New Member

Spent two days killing PHers for Wiggle and Sharp Claw. Not. One. Spawn. Very discouraging to spend two days trying for two namers and getting nothing when it is allegedly extra namer spawn.
    Fenthen and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Shoot, shak dathor overlord is the last one I need and i just started!!!
  12. Findaormie New Member

Firefall we completed relatively easily (Fowl M was the only sticky one), Shadeweavers and Shah Vahl broke me over the next 2 days!
    Arcolin and Deandy like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

annnnd completed. A cool six hours with very quick kills of all the PHs. I heard 5 and 7 hours from other folks for this mob. Given the 50% XP bonus and a 72 minute target this is 7.5x more than the target.
  14. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

About 7 hours for me, spread over 3 days, all of it in the bonus period.
  15. Cicelee Augur

Now I know why I was KS'ed the other day on that mob. Saw it up, no one around, unengaged. Pulled it and one add, I was killing add first. Named got to 97 and I had the one add at 77 when all of a sudden named dropped to 30 and I had two adds aggro on me- one at 37, one at 8. Had to send pet on the two adds, and within a couple seconds named was dead. Corpse nowhere to be found.

Nope. No funny business going on here.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They should just sticky one of these "namers not getting bonus pop" threads every time there is a bonus to namers someone starts one. :)

On the other hand if do that for every topic that gets talked about over and over we will have pages of stickies :) Back to the drawing board.
  17. Razorfall Augur

They may need to adjust the spawn rates like they did in ToV (Except without the instant spawning named at launch lol). Most are OK, but there are quite a few that are really hard to spawn.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

What did they adjust in ToV?

I killed lady mirenilla today in CoVs temple of veeshan, took quite a while and I don't think they improved the spawn rate, unless I missed the patch notes!!?

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=56422
  19. Razorfall Augur

I meant Torment of Velious. When it first launched it had at least two named that didn't have any PHs, so they spawned over and over. And there were quite a few that were really hard to spawn for some reason, like Neezmaq in Velks. They adjusted the PHs in the first or second post-launch patch.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Lilura Augur

Three hours camping a named in Maiden's Eye and nothing. what garbage.