Druid Aura improvements

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Lessw, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Lessw Journeyman

Ideas to help Druids lack of cures:

Current Druid healing Auras:
    * Level 55 - Aura of the Grove = Just a heal
    * Level 70 - Aura of Life = Aura 30 hp heal and 4 Disease cure

Please Add...
    Level 85 spell - Aura of the Healing Serpent = Aura 80hp Heal + 6 Poison and 6 Disease Cure
    (Added with HoT)

Level 100 spell - Aura of the Soothing Rain = Aura 372hp Heal + 8 Poison, 8 Disease and 4 Corruption cure
    (added with TDS)

Level 115 spell - Healing Aura of Tunare and Karana = Aura 596hp heal and small Mana/Endurance Regen + 12 Poison, 12 Disease, 8 Corruption and 4 Curse Cures
    (added with ToV)

Level 130 spell - Healing Aura of the Less = super Healing Aura with mana and Endurance Regen + 16 Poison, 16 Disease, 10 Corruption, 8 curse cure, and 1 Detrimental Cures
    (added when levels reach Level 130)

Add Druid AA's: ( can be all in 1 AA line ) = Aura Enhancement
    Level 90 Druid AA - Add the Ability to have 2 Auras running at the same time
    (added With CoTF)

Level 100 Druid AA - Doubles the Healing Effectiveness of Auras
    (added With EoK)

Level 110 Druid AA - Doubles the Effective Radius of all Druid Auras
    (added with ToV)

Level 120 Druid AA - Doubles the Curing Effectiveness of Auras
    (added with ToL)
  2. Spacemonkey555 Augur

They probably won’t because tash, and because they’ve added things that punish the curer if cured. I’d just like to see druid ice proc aura last at least an hour and a group p/d/c/c cure (or fix the line we have)
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This isn't a bug but be careful about what you ask for as there are times that having a cure on a heal is a bad thing.
  4. Warpeace Augur

If you want to become a splash bot just ask for a version of Paladin splash.

The short duration of the Druid aura is just bad.
  5. Rolaque Ancient

Doubling or tripling the duration of our current aura would be welcome (currently it's about 5 minutes). And the duration of our aura is already encoded to be extendable.

And I think it is an advantage for our druid heals and cures to be separate. As pointed out above, there are circumstances when you cannot use healing cures. I never have to worry about if I have the right heal memmed or not. Besides, all my heals are always memmed.
  6. Lessw Journeyman

Yup. thats the point.
    yes, there would be times you would have to click it off on some missions and some raid fights.
    But for the most part it would be good in groups and Leveling
  7. Tanlie New Member

How about we give the Black Wolf aa the treatment Shaman got. cast it once and Druid gets the self only version permanently and group members get the group version.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

... and magicians got.
  9. Szilent Augur

?

Arcane Distillect still requires the 85 spell gem, and loading that spell gem, and has regular ol' aura range and duration.

Pretty sure Tanlie is asking for the somewhat bonkers change of making Great Wolf 100% uptime, permanent, and unlimited range. Like Pact of the Wolf is.
    Sancus and Tanlie like this.
  10. Tanlie New Member

100% uptime and permanent yes, I feel this would be exactly what druids need and not in the least bonkers.
    Unlimited range is bonkers but something like 200 range would be reasonable.
    Fanra likes this.
  11. Szilent Augur

it is range 200
  12. Wulfhere Augur

He's talking AA, not spells. I'm referring to Elemental Form.
  13. Rolaque Ancient

Permanent great wolf on druid would be super. And in that case, might as well ask for an AA duration extension for group great wolf to about 7:30 (or so), so we could maintain constant group coverage.
    Currently, I just alternate between single and group for continuous coverage on myself. And during raids, a timer tells me when to cast single wolf so it fades just when the group version is refreshing.
  14. Allayna Augur

Wolf duration used to be extended by focus on the druid breastplate. Unfortunately, someone loudly advocated for that change to be a reduction in the recast timer on the remote line instead.

The druid bp used to extend wolf by 3 ticks.

There are a plethora of improvements that could be made to the druid class to bring it on par with other priests and other dps, splashes, HoTs, mana recoup abilities, unlinking the direct heal line.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The biggest problem I have with our auras (talking about spell auras, not wolf AAs, with the current aura being the Nightchill Aura spell) is duration. It seems to constantly need recasting. That spell slot and time could be put to a better use.
    Lessw likes this.
  16. Allayna Augur

I agree, currently it is a 5 minute duration, and could easily be made permanent and moved to an AA ability to free up a spell gem.