Can we get a Hot *UN-Fix* on the Forced Progression?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Astefin, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Marton Augur

This pretty much sums up my NoS Champion questing experience. Annoyingly tedious and un-fun. One thing I can add to your list would be a task of killing a giant mushroom in a small crowded area where aura breaks invis and FD every few seconds. It results in some interesting pulling situations. I wonder if the people designing quests like this actually tried to do them.

Edit: Going to give credit where I think credit is due: Darklight Caverns quests have nice rewards and I felt like that was actually worth doing.
  2. Stymie Pendragon

More often than not, I log in to do Overseer on my 2 accounts and then log out. There aren't any groups to do missions in my level range, and 5 minutes for 5-7% experience is a good enough ROI for my time. I'm not a fan of the changes that they've made over the last few years that presume willingness to box or regular grouping is actually available.
  3. Qimble Augur

During ToV I found it was faster to solo in ToV zones than EoK / RoS. With 3-4 players and 0 mercs we could crank out ~230AAs in an hour. That number went down after ToL launched.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

You're pulling that "most" out of a hat. Only the devs have to real statistics, but I very highly suspect you're wrong there. Not the I have an issue with the progression though.

Min/maxing has nothing to do with raiding, it's about obsession over the most optimal available stats with available options. There are raiders that do fairly well that need to be reminded to gear up too, which is the antithesis of min/maxing. That isn't countering your main argument, but that statement isn't accurate.
  5. Paladin Augur

Just no.

The game is not dying... and you do have a myriad of options to play how you want to play, within game parameters.

In this case, if you don't want to do the progressions, missions... don't, but the game is called EverQUEST...

Me, I wish there was more progression. The better the loot, the more challenging it should be to acquire.
    Duder, Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  6. Tappin Augur

What 'myriad of options' are you talking about? There is only two ways to play current content... Their way or take a huge risk and just AFK. There really isn't any other options that are reasonable.
  7. Szilent Augur

I mean, yeah? You either move the Bishop along diagonals, or you're cheating. That's definitely what games are.

edit, too plain, needs finishing : if what you fundamentally want is to Not Play Chess, then no one can talk you into having fun playing chess.
    Nennius and Duder like this.
  8. Duder Augur

You can grind, you can farm, you can form a group and farm, you can back progress, you can raid. Nothing about progression insists you are FORCED to do it. If you feel that way, I cant imagine the way you view the real world. The endless myriad of options could go on for days. Do an Artisans Prize start to finish, get your characters bifold eyes clickies, like, do back progression for power (and back progression is killing green and grey mobs ffs, so please with (forced progression there). I made a shaman in 2019 and went all the way back to plane of sky, had to learn the intricacies and all the fun to get my FD ring, it took me some time. The content is ENDLESS. You are stuck on the lesser forms of power and progress. Learn the game before professing you know anything. This is like when you returned in GMM with yer KA/M-Q group and proclaimed it too easy, to the complete dismay of the design of the content and dismay of the playerbase at large. You almost always have no grasp on reality in this game nor understand how it works. You really need to move on dude, eq isnt your bag and you're bad at it and not getting better. Your posts are vapid, wrong, state farce as fact, and double down on argument that prove your false-pride deceives logic. Please, move on.
    Flatchy, Lubianx, Nennius and 2 others like this.
  9. Paladin Augur

Group, Solo, MOLO, Pursue Achievements, Tradeskills, Play in different expansions, Quests, Missions, Raid, Camp named, Grind XP... as I said within game parameters. /shrug
    Celephane and Nennius like this.
  10. Tappin Augur

It's not worth the bother to log in kill things for level exp anymore. Outside of some extreme scenarios you can cross out group, solo, and Molo as being reasonable - they are simply not.
    birdsong_pawn likes this.
  11. Szilent Augur

I mean, you can cross them out, except that would make you look silly. Folks have done and continue to level in that way. As for "not worth", like, we're all with you man. There are more time-effective options. Options.
    Rijacki likes this.