Fixed Internally Bag Slots not appearing with some custom UIs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ssdar, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Soulbanshee Augur

I can open all my 40+ slot bags in bank plus one more before the icon limit is hit, both before and after launch.

"Big Bank" UI is doing it, EQ isn't meant to render like that even though someone found out how to trick it, its keeping icons rendered in the background which is making you hit icon limit. Its possible that hotbar icons are also part of the rendering limit.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ing-with-some-custom-uis.287056/#post-4181878
  2. Angahran Augur

This issue has been around forever, it's not related to NoS.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

True, but NoS did make it worse. That's why the request to post how many slots you have, and how many blank spots you see, to help track it down.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, read through that thread. Based on all that I see there, they know the issue already, just can't easily fix it.

To Devs: Nothing new in this thread compared to that one, so feel free to close this one, or merge the posts into that one.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Tagging the thread so I can track it easier ;)
  6. Drakah UI Designer

I was asked about this just the other day, didn't even realize the slots were missing until someone pointed it out. Typically I do not have all bags open like that but I can see how this can certainly be a pain in the . Hopefully it is an easy fix and can be updated soon from their end.
    Justyse likes this.
  7. Wiskar New Member

Greetings all. I have had this problem on all accounts and in default UI. Been hoping for a while for a fix. When you are looking to find items and organize your bags I do open all to see. I am in hopes of a fix.
    Will ad a screen shot later. Game is down atm.
    Be safe travelers. =^.^=
    Justyse likes this.
  8. Justyse Journeyman

So I'm able to duplicate and "fix" this bug repeatedly via loading an old "EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml" that only has 40 slot bags vs 40+
    Loading the newer big bank into my UI folder breaks the bags (half are blank), reloading the older big bank immediately fixes it again regardless of any other changes/additions/subtractions.
    I am not using a full custom UI, just default plus some custom pieces.
    The only file that "breaks" my bags is the BigBankWnd with over 40 slot capability.
  9. Balfor New Member

Howdy All

If I open multiple 40+ slot bags the graphic glitches. This happens on all of my accounts in separate instances
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

11. klanderso Developer

I've merged a couple threads with this one.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Angahran like this.
  12. Imukai Augur

Anecdotal and irrelevant I guess at this point but adding my info to the pile.

Prior to NoS launch I never saw this happen. After NoS if I open all of my bags in inventory, the last two bags in the +perk added inventory are just empty windows as shown by others. The other "original 10" bag slots are fine.

All but those last two inventory +perk slots are 40-42 slot bags. The final two are one 40 slot and whatever tradeskill container I have.
  13. Duder Augur

The issues goes beyond bag slots. It is ICON related. Thus any new icons added to your hotbars coulds remove viewable slots in your bags when opened all at once. Whether or not you keep your bandolier window open could affect it, and a few other things. I do believe buff and song window icons count as well but am not 100% on that, would need a greater expert. So for those of you reporting varying slot viewability, you need to monitor all the things listed here and likely more.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Or try the fix mentioned by Justyse above. I'll be trying that out this weekend.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Duder Augur

Indeed, but that limits the viewable slots of your bank bags then I imagine? If so, not the most novel of fixes but atleast your bags arent blank.

I dont suffer at all from this bug as I never open all my bags at once or all my bank bags. I've literally never even seen it on my end. Only numerous friends first hand accounts in voice with them and such and feedback from Leigo as he updates sparxxui and deals with bug reports of it in real time. I have heard from Leigo that opening each bag one at a time before doing a shift-b also reduces the impact of the bug but not completely. So something is certainly amidst at the Circle-K, as Bill and Ted might say. The issue with the limit of icons is not as cut and dry as it may seem, for sure.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, so true. It didn't even occur to me, because I don't have anything bigger than 36 slots in my bank.
    Duder likes this.
  17. Ssdar Augur

The fix I ended up going with for AYA's bank was to just remove the shared bank bag slots so you have to open those to look in them but all the slots for all the regular bank bags still work and it fixed the problem with opening inventory bags. It's not ideal but it at least "solves" the problem until a real fix can be implemented by the EQ devs and/or the major UI overhaul comes.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Trying the old BigBank xml file (had to go back to RoS to find one!) did not solve the problem for me.

For now, I'm just re-arranging my inventory bags, to put the stuff I care about the least in the last 3 bags. Will still be able to use 1 key to open my bags and see everything I care to see.
  19. Justyse Journeyman

Obviously, this issue was STILL not addressed for the new expansion, even though they are repeatedly releasing bigger bags (now a 50 slot). Thanks? o_O
    The above "fix" still works, but it of course limits you to 40 slots per slot in the bank.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  20. Soulbanshee Augur

The new expansion doesn't magically overcome the icon rendering limit. Big Bank is an issue because banks aren't dynamically loaded like bags are and is holding icons in the background even when the bank isn't being rendered. It's a UI "hack" that EQ wasn't programmed for.