Can we get a Hot *UN-Fix* on the Forced Progression?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Astefin, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Astefin Journeyman

With the "hotfix" done, it makes progression required to do the mission "when one door closes." I thought about if I actually wanted to post anything, but I know I am not alone with how I feel about the idiocy of how the developers have been pushing Everquest into the turd infested waters.

Forcing people to play how you think they should play and how you feel they should want to play is not how to keep a player base. I have already paid until October of 23, so I will grin and bear it until then, but at that point, I will sit and wait to see if the developers are going to do the same mistake again. I was talked into playing during ToL and I figured this expansion since it was not a leveling expansion would be fine. It was, until "hotfix" time.

There is already major issues with how the T3 "ores" were placed in and already people leaving and threatening to leave over level expansion forced progression because developers have been hurt that people would rather grind in a camp spot for hours on end like Everquest was created for oh, 20 years?

Grind and Progression should each have their spots and each camp should be able to level to their hearts content that way without being penalized and forcing progression to complete missions that are an already almost a forced way to gear up is *beep* *beep* *beep* .... .....

Yes, I get that the expansion is 12 months long and I don't care if it takes me a few months to gear up, but being forced to click through the stupid quests that I don't give a flying *beep* about is frustrating, annoying, and what is more than likely going to force me to quit, and I am sure many others feel the same way that I do.

We all know the game is slowly dying. I am one of the youngest demographics the game has being under 40 because I played it as a kid. The population is getting older, there are other games that pull people away and they never return, the company does not try to invest in new customer populations and demographics, and the game itself is just old.

I know you cannot please everyone, but it might help if you do not try and alienate everyone and do the exact opposite of pleasing everyone, just to see how far you can push different demographics of the game because you can put it on your bucket list - "I was one of the ones to finally kill EverQuest!"

- Rant mostly over.
    tanith, Stymie and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  2. Treiln Augur

I’m sorry, I’m a bit confused as it was never fully stated, so I hope my question is clear: but who exactly is forcing you to do said progression?

You claimed you didn’t mind spending a little extra time leveling/gearing up since you have an entire year, but are complaining about taking a route that may take a little longer?

If you don’t want to do progression, don’t. You can still level and gear up without doing quests :) you’re not forced to do anything you don’t want to. It’s a game. Play the way you want otherwise you won’t enjoy the game regardless.

PS - quests have always been in and been part of the game. If you didn’t do them back then, you don’t need to do them now. You’re not “forced” to do anything. Carry on :)
    minimind and Nennius like this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

You care about them now so you can roll on that cloak.;)
  4. Allayna Augur

Is it required to *do* the mission or just to request it?

I'd test it myself but I'm done with progression on my 6 characters...
    minimind likes this.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

NoS progression isn’t as annoying as other expansions’ progression. /cough ToV.

I’ve learned that setting a goal to complete 1 mercenary and 1 partisan a day helps to manage tedium and time.
    alanus and Windance like this.
  6. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Honestly the only progression task out of the whole expansion that's remotely difficult is the mushroom in Paludial.
    alanus likes this.
  7. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Yeah. NoS is decent. ToV progression was a pita with EW partisans that would bug out and you had to restart, or repetitively running around Crystal Caverns

I think the annoying part for some stems from running boxes without a mage to CoH.

For people who can’t stand longer gaming sessions, chunking out or breaking up the quests helps.
  8. demi Augur

I thought TBL was the worst ... to this day I still dont have that expansion done and dont have all the smoke trials done only 2 out of the 5 ..

only zone ive been in was stratos except for smoke trial zones ..
    Elyssanda, minimind and Buds like this.
  9. strongbus Augur

Dose OP think this is the 1st time they made doing quests in a exp a requirement for requesting other quest/mission/raids? Requiring quest chains has been in the game sense day 1.

man what has op been doing bout all the different exp that require doing quests/mission to unlock access to upper zones?
  10. Zunnoab Augur

The game has been "dying" all of the 19 years I've been playing it. If you're capable of doing the mission you can do the quests. If you wait the in game day an NPC asks for one of the stages you even get a decent chunk of bonus AA.
    Szilent, minimind and Nennius like this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

12. Riou EQResource

Allayna likes this.
  13. Knifen Augur

Maybe if we wasted less time forcing this hotfix, we would have our missing Herioc AA fixed.
  14. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I don't necessarily mind having to do the quests since I plan to do them all anyways...

But I do get a little annoyed that *this* is a priority for them to fix when there are so many other bugs out there for so long. Cleric mercs still don't even have weapons equipped and it's been what... 2 years since that bug started?
  15. Cicelee Augur

That is a bummer for me personally, having taken today off and was hoping to run that mission x2 and Shadeweaver partisan. I guess priorities have changed to Shadow Haven partisan today...
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would wager that fixing this bug wasn't a lot of work while fixing the merc issue you mentioned is not only more work but only a cosmetic issue. When new content gets released I would expect bug fixing to be focused on that over bugs that they might not have a fix for yet.
  17. strongbus Augur

what to say they don't have that ready to go. that is something that sounds like it need a full patch to fix ie taking the servers down and such. this only required them to change this npc's code and do a forced reset of just him.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  18. Knifen Augur

Whats to say they do have it ready to go and doesnt need a full patch to fix without servers down.

Ive had multiple rewards/Ach fixed while I was playing by "whomever" handles it for this same scenario where something was completed and the reward wasnt given.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Literally how every game ever has been played .. how they want us to play .. name one vid game anywhere.. that plays different then how they want you to ?

If you gonna quit just quit.. you are not everyone stop talking for everyone. And stop tryna make a big show outta it. Slink ya way out the door and be done with it.. buh bye..
    Tarvas and minimind like this.
  20. Lyyr Lorekeeper

It was an obvious bug. The only mess up was letting it go live like that in the first place.
    Szilent likes this.